• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so just an FYI, I have spoken to 2 different CM's at the call center who have said that they believe the DP promo will be running again this year at the same times it ran last year! This makes me feel wonderful since that is what we want! I know that Value hotels get the QSDP but can upgrade to the DDP! We already have the DP on our ressies but I would LOVE to get it discounted! So, again, this has not been 100% confirmed yet but 2 sperate CMs have said the same thing! Hope this helps a little! The CM tonight gave me all sorts of useful info on how Disney will work with us to ensure that our special needs son has a magical vacation! That too is a relief because it can be a bit of a pain with him sometimes!

Any fireworks views from the 70's building. I also am debating first floor or 4th floor?
One week and one day!!!

i requested 60's 4th floor lakeview....hopefully it will work out for me. little one wanted to be close to the hippy dippy pool and the babypool, and goofy's jets...soooo 60s will work!

We will be staying at POP starting April 2nd and I do have a couple room request. Since POP and all of Disney is busy this time of year...When should I fax my request in? and to whom should I put the attention to on the fax?

Going to POP 1/30 for a week...Second time there - went last February. We love it - its now our favorite value.

We will be staying at POP starting April 2nd and I do have a couple room request. Since POP and all of Disney is busy this time of year...When should I fax my request in? and to whom should I put the attention to on the fax?

You can fax around 4-6 days in advance of check in.

OK so just an FYI, I have spoken to 2 different CM's at the call center who have said that they believe the DP promo will be running again this year at the same times it ran last year! This makes me feel wonderful since that is what we want! I know that Value hotels get the QSDP but can upgrade to the DDP! We already have the DP on our ressies but I would LOVE to get it discounted! So, again, this has not been 100% confirmed yet but 2 sperate CMs have said the same thing! Hope this helps a little! The CM tonight gave me all sorts of useful info on how Disney will work with us to ensure that our special needs son has a magical vacation! That too is a relief because it can be a bit of a pain with him sometimes!
If you have the Disney visa card, they will usually send you a PIN that is good for free dining plan (not QSDP but the DP). Each of the past two years we've gotten the PIN for the free dining plan, so we can stay at the value resort but still get the full dining plan. Honestly this is probably one of our last years where full dining plan is a consideration for us. We've used the table service redemptions for the character breakfast buffets and for the "dinner and a show" reservations at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Each of those is a $35+ table meal so it makes it worth while, but now that the kids are older and the character greetings aren't a priority, and now that we have seen fantasmic, candlelight processional etc 2+ times each, it probably isn't going to be as big of a factor in the future.

But the PINs are a good value, for us it amounted to saving around $145 per day for 8 days.

not that anyone asked, but I've noticed that the servers have gotten really pushy about tips when they know you are dining on the dining plan. Last two years in a row have been downright rude. And this year at Italy (2 redemptions) I noticed that the "suggested tip" calculations that are printed out on your receipt are flat out wrong. The figure they listed for a suggested 20% tip was actually 35%.

As far as the tipping goes (and im sure im going to get beat down for this) but, I still believe that tipping is based on service! If you are a server and are rude to me or my family you will get the minimum! Now, if you are friendly and smile (thats all it takes for me) you will get well above the 20% mark. I have been a server in the past and learned quickly that people don't tip if you don't deserve it. I also dont think anyone should "push" for a certain amount. I go in to a restaraunt with the plan of a really good tip but trust me, if you dont deserve it, you aint gettin it! Don't misquote me though, I ALWAYS tip just not as much for crappy service as I would for better service!

We just booked another POP stay for 7/3/10- 7/18/10!! It feels good to be going home to POP again :)

when you say "fireworks view" does that mean 50s, jukebox?

Here is a map of fireworks view areas that was provided by Simba77
28v9jeu.jpg

The "boxed" areas are the areas that should give you a view of Illuminations (every night at 9pm). Obviously you don't have to necessarily be in a room in that specific location to see them - you can walk around to a corner of the building somewhere or up to the 4th floor to get a better view. It's fairly easy to walk to the end of the "hall" or take the elevator up to the 4th floor and get a good view.

The best viewing rooms are reported to primarily be found on the lakeside view of 50’s building #2 (Rooms #2450-2460) and 60’s buildings #3 and #4 which you may want to pair with the room number map

Floors 3 and 4 will obviously offer best views in these buildings

*All above information can be found in Post #1 of this thread.

We just booked another POP stay for 7/3/10- 7/18/10!! It feels good to be going home to POP again :)

We found out yesterday that DH has a Guard training weekend on 7/10/10, so we had to move our dates to 7/17/10-8/1/10.

And dont forget when you go to show some appreciation to the CM's. Here is a website where you can print out little cards that show you appreciate something that someone did for you! It is not a subsitute for speaking the words "thank-you" but from what my sister in law said when she worked there she loved getting thank you cards and things from guests!

http://www.tagrel.com/APP/CMCards.shtml

You should also visit town hall and praise someone! They always get complaints so the praises are wonderful! The way I look at it is if I would complain about something, I should also praise someone for something!

And dont forget when you go to show some appreciation to the CM's. Here is a website where you can print out little cards that show you appreciate something that someone did for you! It is not a subsitute for speaking the words "thank-you" but from what my sister in law said when she worked there she loved getting thank you cards and things from guests!

http://www.tagrel.com/APP/CMCards.shtml

You should also visit town hall and praise someone! They always get complaints so the praises are wonderful! The way I look at it is if I would complain about something, I should also praise someone for something!
Thanks for that link!!!

I am new to the boards and found this thread. AMAZING! Thank you.

13 of us will be staying at Pop Century Oct 23-30! Can not wait. My daughter is going to love Disney World!

I am new to the boards and found this thread. AMAZING! Thank you.

13 of us will be staying at Pop Century Oct 23-30! Can not wait. My daughter is going to love Disney World!

:welcome: to the DIS! You will have a great time at Pop & the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter