• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this may be a silly question but we are going to POP in August and flying Southwest for the first time. I knew about the checking in 24 hours ahead of time to get your pass but I wasn't even thinking about when we leave disney. Can you check in without printing you pass till you get to the airport? I don't even know if what I am saying is making sence but I will give it a try!! Thanks!

I think Concierage at Pop will print them for you as well.

this may be a silly question but we are going to POP in August and flying Southwest for the first time. I knew about the checking in 24 hours ahead of time to get your pass but I wasn't even thinking about when we leave disney. Can you check in without printing you pass till you get to the airport? I don't even know if what I am saying is making sence but I will give it a try!! Thanks!

Not a silly question at all!

Yes you can check in and not print your boarding passes. We do it all the time at Disney. If you don't use the RAC (see below) when you get to the airport you can reprint your boarding passes when you check in your luggage. They also have kiosks just for this if you don't have to check luggage.

Now there are some multiple ways you can do this. Just make sure you have your RESERVATION number with you !

Ask a Guest service employee to check you in. Depending on your 24 hour mark you may be at your hotel or in a park. Both can do this for you. We have checked in at the hotel, DTD and Epcot on previous trips.
Call a family or friend to check you in on their computer

Bring your own computer and do it in your room

Use the mobile check in Southwest offers for mobile phones if you have that option. mobile.southwest.com
There is a link for that a few pages back on this thread

Good luck! and have fun!

OH and if you are at POP and they are still offering the Resort Airline Checkin test Pilot for Southwest that started this week you might be able to ask the RAC desk if they can check you in early and don't forget to use the free service where they will reprint your boarding pass and check your baggage right at the hotel. All you have to do when you get to MCO is go to the gate!

Not a silly question at all!

Yes you can check in and not print your boarding passes. We do it all the time at Disney. If you don't use the RAC (see below) when you get to the airport you can reprint your boarding passes when you check in your luggage. They also have kiosks just for this if you don't have to check luggage.

Now there are some multiple ways you can do this. Just make sure you have your RESERVATION number with you !

Ask a Guest service employee to check you in. Depending on your 24 hour mark you may be at your hotel or in a park. Both can do this for you. We have checked in at the hotel, DTD and Epcot on previous trips.
Call a family or friend to check you in on their computer

Bring your own computer and do it in your room

Use the mobile check in Southwest offers for mobile phones if you have that option. mobile.southwest.com
There is a link for that a few pages back on this thread

Good luck! and have fun!

OH and if you are at POP and they are still offering the Resort Airline Checkin test Pilot for Southwest that started this week you might be able to ask the RAC desk if they can check you in early and don't forget to use the free service where they will reprint your boarding pass and check your baggage right at the hotel. All you have to do when you get to MCO is go to the gate!

How do you check in at Epcot?

I am thinking about planning a trip to WDW for Christmas. We have now stayed at all levels of hotels and loved POP the best. Can you tell me what POP is like during the Holidays? We have only ever been at spring break and summer. I would really like to see WDW during the Holidays.

Red

More on Boarding Passes !! I did mine at MK in May ! You just need your ressie # !!! I havealso done it at Pop!!

My DS17 has been flying places last week and this week where he doesn't have internet access. I'm able to check him in and even pay for his bag online (Northwest/Delta) and there's a choice for "check in and print boarding passes at the airport" which I use each time. Then he just goes to the airport and prints his boarding pass and is all set - no worry about money or not checking in on time.

I have also heard that if you ask at concierge at Pop, they can print them out for you. Last time we stayed at Coronado Springs which of course has the business center so it wasn't a problem, but that's what I heard for the other resorts.

Edited to add that I changed airport to Pop - guess my brain wasn't quite in gear!

When we stayed at POP a few years ago, we had flown Southwest, and the front desk printed out our boarding passes for us - 24 hours ahead - got "A" - no problem!

This is a GREAT tip... I noticed this last week as well!

Just returned from a great 8 days at Pop... I can try to answer any questions...

Great! I'm so glad you had a good time at the Pop. I'm going back to the Pop in 4 days and have a few questions:

Was the new tea machine any good? You know, the one that replaced the frozen cokes. And are any of the teas uncaffienated?

Is it very crowded for breakfast?

Is there any construction going on that might make certain parts of the resort loud?

Thanks for the input! :)

Just wanted to add... if you dont get to check in online 24 hours in advance... or if you are enjoying WDW so much that you forget... woops..:rolleyes: and you have children with you- you will get to board immediately after the A boarding group. This is regardless if you have a B or C pass. They board ! passes, then do "family boarding", then do group B then C. So you get on before B does, no matter what. It saved us!

Just wanted to add... if you dont get to check in online 24 hours in advance... or if you are enjoying WDW so much that you forget... woops..:rolleyes: and you have children with you- you will get to board immediately after the A boarding group. This is regardless if you have a B or C pass. They board ! passes, then do "family boarding", then do group B then C. So you get on before B does, no matter what. It saved us!

just a word of warning...families with children under 5 can board between group A and group B. If your children are older than 4, you will not be allowed to board between A and B.

Great! I'm so glad you had a good time at the Pop. I'm going back to the Pop in 4 days and have a few questions:

Was the new tea machine any good? You know, the one that replaced the frozen cokes. And are any of the teas uncaffienated?

Is it very crowded for breakfast?

Is there any construction going on that might make certain parts of the resort loud?

Thanks for the input! :)
I just returned from Pop today, so I'll try to answer some of your questions. The new tea machines were okay, but they still had an instant taste. I didn't notice in decaffeinated, but then I didn't look for it. They food court area seemed to always be very crowded, but particularly at breakfast time. They baby pool was still not useable. They were painting and cleaning many of the icons around the 70's building (which is where we were), but noise did not seem to be a problem at all. In fact, we wouldn't have noticed had we not saw them as we were leaving. It was a great trip! Loved Pop! Hope this helps!!!

This was taken in May !! Yes during that rainy week !!!

PICT1001.jpg
[/IMG]

I have more but this just says POP:rotfl2: Sorry couldn't resist!!!!

For those with iPhones and/or some other mobile device with web access, you can go to Southwest's site (or whatever airline you're flying) and check in from that. Just have your ressie # with ya for reference.

Since my flight is going to be mid-afternoon, and I'll probably be at the park, I'm just going to set my alarm on my iPhone and then access Southwest's site from it. At least that's the plan. ;)

About the Tea machines..

There is Green tea and a citrus tea and both are not caffenated (they are herbal). I enjoyed the new tea machine... I probably drank it the most!

We were in the 50's area, room 2344. We had a lake view and it was fairly quiet most of the time. Anyone with worries about noise levels should definitely request a room NOT facing the pool.
The frozen coke machine IS gone. I got back and have received the same copied email that everyone else has from Disney regarding this. However, I did enjoy the tea machine. I thought the sweet tea was a bit too sweet and mixed mine with some of the unsweetened to make it just right. The food court was almost always crowded, but especially at breakfast.
I noticed that they are doing quite a bit of maintenance at Pop. There were "wet paint" signs here and there and during the day they were pressure-washing the buildings and signs.
The bus situation was not what it has been in the past. We waited up to 20 minutes at times, but less than 5 at others. It just seemed to be inconsistent. It wasn't that we arrived 15 minutes into a 20 minute cycle. Sometimes we would see the first bus leave and then another one would be right behind it, yet hardly any riders. Then when the lines are full, it takes 20 minutes between buses. :confused3
We had Garden Grocer deliver some items to us the day we arrived. It came on time and was accurate. Bell services delivered it to our room while we were out in the parks. There was no additional charges for this delivery by Pop. I also received a refrigerator to store my medication in as requested, at no charge.
DH and I had issues with the thermostat as others have. It did not keep the room cool enough while we were out or asleep. A mylar balloon helped that situation out very nicely. HOWEVER, please tie down your balloon to a chair or something. Trust me, waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a huge silver Mickey Mouse face floating towards you is not pleasant! :rotfl:
The parks were more crowded during EMH than we are used to seeing. I think Disney has the majority of their park attendance actually staying on property, so I'm not sure how special a perk that is right now.
I have seen several questions regarding the Southwest Airlines Check In. I didn't know this was going on until we checked out. That morning we had another copy of our boarding passes (which we had printed the day before at the Boardwalk Concierge Desk) and our luggage tags. Included were instructions about the pilot program. We attached the tags and took our bags to luggage services. It worked just like the luggage tags from Magical Express do from your home airport. That was the last we saw our bags until we collected them in Nashville. I have to give it a THUMBS UP!!!:thumbsup2

There were some bumpy parts of the trip, some things that I think Disney should work on. I saw lots of areas that needed maintenance in the parks and on rides. PLUS...don't get me started on the poor parenting skills that I saw...ok...let's just call it lack of parenting in general. sigh....

But this trip is over and I get to start planning the next one....Sept 26th at Pop with FREE DINING!! :cool1:

We had Garden Grocer deliver some items to us the day we arrived. It came on time and was accurate. Bell services delivered it to our room while we were out in the parks. There was no additional charges for this delivery by Pop.

Did you have to inform Garden Grocer of this? Did you tip after the fact? We plan on going straight to the park and also want groceries delivered so I am curious how this works exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter