• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our five stays at POP have never noticed the music in each area of years of the resort! Never heard it beyond the outside of Classic Hall. Once we get beyond the pool area, nothing but voices...so who's been following me around whispering in my ear so I couldn't hear the music?????:confused:

It's very easy not to hear or pay attention to it, and I imagine that the music can't be heard from everywhere in every section. Probably place strategically in the courtyard areas (like pool areas), and icon areas.

You all have better memories than me - I can't remember any specific songs, lol.

one wasn't in those list is from Sonny and Cher! "Babe"! From Sonny and Cher!
OMG...you are sooo right! Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that one constantly. Almost as much as Jail House Rock and Jump - and yeah, Jenseib - Shake Your Groove Thing - over and over...

You all have better memories than me - I can't remember any specific songs, lol.

:sad2: Nope, I can never remember em once I get home. That's why I saved the list so I could use some "authentic" POP music in photo slide shows. I blame it on my O.L.D. (old ladies' disease) :rolleyes1

I think I'm going to incorporate into my POP scavenger hunt - what song is playing in each year.

Thank you, Tina! DH seems a bit nervous about the noise of staying in a hotel since we had previously camped in a travel trailer or stayed in an offsite townhome. I was worried that I shot myself in the foot by requesting a preferred room.

No problem! Wouldn't want you to shoot your foot on vacation! :scared: ;)

How many of you have requested a lake/EPCOT view room and recieved it?

How many of you have requested a lake/EPCOT view room and recieved it?

We've requested it 3 times (2004, 2004, 2006) out of 5 and rec'd it all 3 times. :) The other two times we also rec'd our requests (2005, 2008). If you keep the request simple - in order of importance - i.e.

lake side
fireworks view
50's

It gives them more rooms to work with and you'll be more likely to get your request. :) If not, be sure to ask at check-in if a room might be available on the lake side of the 50's with a view of the fireworks. A good CM should eb able to find one, unless the resort is full. :thumbsup2

Hi guys...9 days and counting...this may have been asked before but has anyone tried the online reservations check in? I was wondering if its worth it or not, our flight gets in late in the evening and I didnt want the rooms left that were not nice (if thats at all possible)...this is our first time at POP so we dont know what to expect...normally when we book hotels we always get the rooms with the dumpster outside or the brick wall.(hubbys comment.."but it was a nice brick wall"..hehe), this time I payed for preffered so hopefully it will be nice...anyhooo..anyone tried the online check in I would love to know if its worth it or not, if it is I will try it tonight:)..thanks in advance.

Hi guys...9 days and counting...this may have been asked before but has anyone tried the online reservations check in? I was wondering if its worth it or not, our flight gets in late in the evening and I didnt want the rooms left that were not nice (if thats at all possible)...this is our first time at POP so we dont know what to expect...normally when we book hotels we always get the rooms with the dumpster outside or the brick wall.(hubbys comment.."but it was a nice brick wall"..hehe), this time I payed for preffered so hopefully it will be nice...anyhooo..anyone tried the online check in I would love to know if its worth it or not, if it is I will try it tonight:)..thanks in advance.

Do you have to pay extra for the brick wall view? ;)

We've requested it 3 times (2004, 2004, 2006) out of 5 and rec'd it all 3 times. :) The other two times we also rec'd our requests (2005, 2008). If you keep the request simple - in order of importance - i.e.

lake side
fireworks view
50's

It gives them more rooms to work with and you'll be more likely to get your request. :) If not, be sure to ask at check-in if a room might be available on the lake side of the 50's with a view of the fireworks. A good CM should eb able to find one, unless the resort is full. :thumbsup2

Is that preferred?

Thanks Guys!
From everyone else's experiences it sounds like we have a pretty good chance of getting our request! We can't afford to stay at one of the Moderate or Deluxe resorts for our honeymoon, so I figured having a view of Spaceship Earth and Fireworks from our room might make up for it just a little bit!

Is that preferred?

Nope, not preferred, but better.:thumbsup2

Hi guys...9 days and counting...this may have been asked before but has anyone tried the online reservations check in? I was wondering if its worth it or not, our flight gets in late in the evening and I didnt want the rooms left that were not nice (if thats at all possible)...this is our first time at POP so we dont know what to expect...normally when we book hotels we always get the rooms with the dumpster outside or the brick wall.(hubbys comment.."but it was a nice brick wall"..hehe), this time I payed for preffered so hopefully it will be nice...anyhooo..anyone tried the online check in I would love to know if its worth it or not, if it is I will try it tonight..thanks in advance.

You'll be happy to know that there are no dumpster views at POP! Some of the nicest views are actually not preferred - at POP preferred reviews to location, not view. So, your room will be closer to Classic Hall, food court, bus than some other rooms. You'll have a view of a courtyard or Pool (and depending on how close to the inside corner of a bldg, possibly the tops of trees, not great, but not a dumpster or brick wall!!).

Haven't tried on line check in as we prefer to speak directly with a CM when we check in - more fun! And if we're not crazy about the room location, we can ask them to please check for another - which of course you can do anyway, even after you go to your room. If it is not what you hoped for and you see an area you'd prefer, go back to the front desk and ask if they could try to find a room there instead of the one you have. They are very accommodating whenever possible.:thumbsup2

Have a great trip!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I thought about a standard room but hubby and 6yr old plan swimming late at night then running back to the room...I will be most likely in the room with the baby so I wanted a room near the pool if possible..thank you for the information, im pleased to know there are no disney brick walls!!! (although knowing disney the wall would have lit up and played small world or something similar. Im not going to bother checking in online..Im like you, I prefer to speak to someone in person and as long as there are no bad preffered rooms Im ok with that.
Just one other crazy question...incase our room is on the third floor, are there elevators? I dont fancy hauling the stroller up and down stairs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter