• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the smoking areas are near the lakeside view rooms. I would prefer a lakeside room, but I am soooo sensative to tobacco smoke. Has anyone ever noticed a problem with the smell of smoke with having one of these rooms???

thanks.

I see the smoking areas are near the lakeside view rooms. I would prefer a lakeside room, but I am soooo sensative to tobacco smoke. Has anyone ever noticed a problem with the smell of smoke with having one of these rooms???

thanks.

There is a good buffer from the smoking section, which is along the walkway at the lake, and the room buildings. I haven't smelled the smoking areas from the buildings. HTH!

The smoking areas are on the walkway around the lake. There is a bench for sitting. I have never seen any more than 2 or 3 people sitting there at one time. Most smokers seem to gather at the smoking section outside Classic Hall. So lakeside smoking section isn't as popular. I've had lakeview rooms a couple times and never smelled anything.

Hi everyone! Love all the info here, its been so great to come back to the Dis Boards before this vaca that we have planned. I have a question about bringing my own travel iron and hairdrier-I know what is posted on the first page but do the rooms all have irons or do I need to call the front desk to get one? And have you all been having luck w/ the hair driers? Do they work? It would be nice to not pack the travel size ones I have. Thanks Much for the info on this Thread!!!:)

I have long thick hair and I don't have a problem with their hair dryers. They are the same ones I have found in every hotel room I stay in.

The WDW resort hairdryers get mixed reviews - the dryers work well for some and not at all for others. :)

I'm one that must take along my own. I have baby fine straight hair (a bob) and the hairdryer is not strong enough to dry my hair completely and quickly enough to have body at all - I do have to bring products to help in the Florida humidity, but even in December when it's cool, the hairdryer does not work well enough. The hairdryers are the same in all resorts, so doesn't matter if we're at POP or GF. ;)

I've read those with curly hair do better taking along their own as well.

:goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks for the dryer info. I have curly hair and usually bring my ionic dryer so it doesn't get way out of control. I thought maybe this time I would skip it and use theirs but after reading..in the bag it will go!

Does anyone know if their is a metered trail that I can run on at the Pop? I plan on running on all the lovely paths around the resort, but I'd like to know my distance. Any ideas?
TIA!

Hi everyone! Love all the info here, its been so great to come back to the Dis Boards before this vaca that we have planned. I have a question about bringing my own travel iron and hairdrier-I know what is posted on the first page but do the rooms all have irons or do I need to call the front desk to get one? And have you all been having luck w/ the hair driers? Do they work? It would be nice to not pack the travel size ones I have. Thanks Much for the info on this Thread!!!:)
Always had an iron in our rooms @Pop :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if their is a metered trail that I can run on at the Pop? I plan on running on all the lovely paths around the resort, but I'd like to know my distance. Any ideas?
TIA!

Hi - I don't remember noticing that the trail was metered (but I also wasn't looking to notice). Do you have a garmin forerunner or something that will measure your distance?

Always had an iron in our rooms @Pop :thumbsup2

Yep there are irons in each room. For the hairdryers. I have never had a problem with them. I always use the ones in the room. I have thin hair with a wave that I must use an dryer on or it gets this funky straight wave.

There are irons and ironing boards in each room. As for the dryers, it depends on what you are used to. I am a hairdresser (well was, I sstay at home now) and I really like ones that are forcefull with alot of pwer, because that is waht I am used to. The ones ar Pop are extremely weak. I didn't bring my own in 2007 and regretted it every day. Even with my DD who had hardly any hair at the time, it took forever to dry. So if you are used to one with power, you may want to bring your own. But if the one you have at home is a cheapy with little power, than you will be fine.
If you have used ones at other hotels in the past, thats what it is like.

TIA!

There's a map of the jogging trail here. It's 1.1 miles or 1.38.

I have a question about bringing my own travel iron and hairdrier-I know what is posted on the first page but do the rooms all have irons or do I need to call the front desk to get one? And have you all been having luck w/ the hair driers? Do they work? It would be nice to not pack the travel size ones I have. Thanks Much for the info on this Thread!!!:)

Here's a pic to give you an idea of what will be in your room:
POProom4.jpg

Hi :goodvibes
I haven't had a chance to read they whole thread, but I have a question. Do they play the music based on the section you are in? Like, do they just play 70's music in the 70's section?
Thanks!

I think they do. I clearly remember the music when we stayed in the 70's section and it seems like when we were in the 60's they played the same songs over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter