The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would you say 1st floor or 4th floor rooms are the best overall? I am wondering if the first floor would be better, close to the pool or the 4th with a balcony?

So would you say 1st floor or 4th floor rooms are the best overall? I am wondering if the first floor would be better, close to the pool or the 4th with a balcony?

POP does not have balconies, so that would not matter... both 1st and 4th floors are popular requests, so a bit harder to get, especially in much requested buildings....having said that, we've always been fortunate to get our requests, or if not available, worked with the CM at check-in to find another location we enjoyed.

Soooo...maybe request 1st or 4th floor, close to pool, and be surprised? Cannot go wrong with either!

Have a fabulous trip!! :goodvibes

Some of my POP pics from this weekend.........

We were in 6404 :

100_5616.jpg

100_5615.jpg

100_5614.jpg

Maria

Great photos, Maria! Was that the view outside your room? If so, I will save the room number - I have MS and need a room without the large icons blocking the window. It helps special needs if I can give them a room number/s to work with.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

M&N, I am directonally challenged and kept getting lost. At the end of my two week visit I was finally able to find my way to the food court and back without getting lost, IF I went one way. I never did figure out the parking lot and kept driving Lucy in circles every single time. I am going back to Sports where I do not get lost. I know how to make my way to the POP pool though for a visit. :rotfl:

SG

M&N, I am directionally challenged and kept getting lost. At the end of my two week visit I was finally able to find my way to the food court and back without getting lost, IF I went one way. I never did figure out the parking lot and kept driving Lucy in circles every single time. I am going back to Sports where I do not get lost. I know how to make my way to the POP pool though for a visit. :rotfl:
SG

:lmao: I am the opposite, with a natural sense of direction...BUT...never get left and right correct. We'd make a perfect team!! :rotfl:

We really must try it together some day.:thumbsup2

M&N, now if we can only find someone who gets up and down confused and we will be ready for some adventures.

Honestly, the best trips I have ever been on were where we hopped in the car and started driving. I found places that I never would have found on purpose.

POP is great if you are into pools and fun, great food court and all but not if you cannot find your way to them. It is for younger folks than I. :lmao:

BTW, have you considered some of the work at home customer support phone jobs? You will not make a fortune but from what I have read they are real jobs and you can make a bit of money on your schedule. Failing that, please buy a lottery ticket so you can join me in December?:wizard:

SG

LOL..buy that darned lottery tkt every week - someone is winning all that money....our turn will come along. Not counting on prior to December though because in my heart, Sophia is our winning lottery!!

As for POP...I get a quiet room and know the resort - you know how that goes...makes one feel safe and comfy.

Of course, we do not have to be at the same resort to find time to wander. :)

Email me dates again...might have an all clear for December!! (I sent you a couple of emails a little while ago). :)

(p.s. Yes to considering the work at home customer service phone jobs - but that would require not having a squealing 7 mo old in the background. :rotfl: )

Great photos, Maria! Was that the view outside your room? If so, I will save the room number - I have MS and need a room without the large icons blocking the window. It helps special needs if I can give them a room number/s to work with.

Hi M&N....
Thanks. The first two photos in my post (nighttime pics) were closest to our room. We were like 3 from the end (next to the big Mickey). The other photos were taken from my floor on the 4th floor. But the Goofy water play area was the opposite end of the hall I was on. The foosball guys were pretty much in front of our room when we walked out.

Maria

Thanks, Maria. Sounds like a terrific location. ;) Did you notice if there was a large icon blocking the wondow of your room? TIA.:flower3:

Did you notice if there was a large icon blocking the wondow of your room? TIA

There was not....but we were on the 4th floor. Perhaps, lower floors directly under us, would have had the foosball guys in front of them. We had the tree tops pretty much............

Maria

There was not....but we were on the 4th floor. Perhaps, lower floors directly under us, would have had the foosball guys in front of them. We had the tree tops pretty much............
Maria

Terrific! We're always on the 4th floor, so it would be perfect. Sure appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions! (we've stayed at POP many times, but the more rooms I can have for SN the better it is for them.:thumbsup2)

:flower3: :goodvibes :flower3:

Okay! Okay! I know this is a strange question, (and also I apologize if it's already been asked :rotfl2:)

But I have a question about the doors at POP. Are they magnetic?? And also what are the dimensions. So you've probably already guessed by this silliness that I want to decorate my door and window :rotfl:
I would like to put up a Mickey Mouse Banner on my door, but want to make sure it is not too big!!

Thanks anyone who can help!
:woohoo:

:wave:
I see you Oatley Family!!!

Yes they are. I put magnets on ours this past trip

I think it depends on the person/family. We LOVE 1st floor. I like to walk out and not mess with elevators and just roll the stroller out. We also like to be next to the pool as well. But others prefer to be on high floors. Some say it has less nosie, but since I've never stayed up t here, I don;t know. LOL! :confused3:confused3;)

LOL..buy that darned lottery tkt every week - someone is winning all that money....our turn will come along. Not counting on prior to December though because in my heart, Sophia is our winning lottery!!

As for POP...I get a quiet room and know the resort - you know how that goes...makes one feel safe and comfy.

Of course, we do not have to be at the same resort to find time to wander. :)

Email me dates again...might have an all clear for December!! (I sent you a couple of emails a little while ago). :)

(p.s. Yes to considering the work at home customer service phone jobs - but that would require not having a squealing 7 mo old in the background. :rotfl: )

If you find a legit palce to work form home, let me know. I would love to make a little extra money, but from home. so many are scammers it's hard to pick something.

Can someone tell me which sweeteners are in the food court, as I prefer Splenda, so will bring my own if needed. Thanks!

If you find a legit palce to work form home, let me know. I would love to make a little extra money, but from home. so many are scammers it's hard to pick something.

Consider it a promise! You're right about the scammers, and it is difficult find these positions. Try www.careerbuilder.com - last yr they had a few reputable companies seeking at home customer service. If you have top of the line experience, sometimes AMEX looks for at home agents and managers. I know of others, but cannot remember right now - will PM if I think of them. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter