The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 2! ~ Post #1 is a must see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the Trip Advisor Travelers Choice Awards today and POP came in #2 as Best For Families in the US and # 6 in the WORLD as Best for Families!!

Pretty cool! ::yes::

This from a Resort rumored not to be as popular as All Stars Resort and the possiblity of changing the theme.:sad2: Although many of us doubted that to be true, now even more.

The Wilderness Lodge came in #8 in the US as Best for Families. :)

Here's the link if anyone would like to read the list and catagories (hope it will post):
http://cdn.tripadvisor.com/pdfs/tca/TravelersChoiceAwards2009.pdf

If it doesn't post and you would like a copy just send me a pm. :)

We are at POP right now...our first time at the resort. We love, love, love it!

You are so lucky to be there!

Enjoy your trip! We were absolutely thrilled with Pop and the rest of our trip in 8/08, and I sure hope you are too!

I checked trip advisor and people who stayed there gave it HIGH reviews!!! :)

Obviously I am a spoiled! We were their Dec 6-14 and I thought it was too crowed! Previously we had been during Jan& Feb and were not used to waiting in line at all! While I loved the holiday decorations, we will never go at that time again!

We where also there at the same time, and we heard it was crowded as well. DW and myself hadn't been since 1984 (both kids at the time). To us it was not as bad as we thought it would be. We are going back in Sept, looking forward to it!

My family will be at the POP 3/28 - 4/4. We will be celebrating my birthday!!! We are use to going in January when the crowds are not soo bad. Hope it won't be too bad for Spring Break.

My family will be at the POP 3/28 - 4/4. We will be celebrating my birthday!!! We are use to going in January when the crowds are not soo bad. Hope it won't be too bad for Spring Break.

:welcome:

It will be a bit of an adjustment crowd wise (Jan being a pretty slow time and Spring braek very busy), but have a good plan and you'll have a wonderful time!!

You're going to have a fabulous birthday!!
18976bfb.gif

Thank you for this wonderful thread! I've learned a ton reading all the posts. We will be there 4/4-4/10 and am really looking forward to it! :drive:

:wave2: Hi everybody! I haven't posted much since our Halloween trip because it looked like it would be a WHOLE YEAR til we were able to go again - for free dining next September. :hourglass

Then I got this email...with a really good PIN code...and it's been a lousy winter...and I got to thinkin...:scratchin...and I called just out of curiousity...and I got a really good deal for just DGD13 and me for spring break (Yes, I said spring break - me, who avoids crowds at at costs!)...and I put a hold on the ressie to check air prices...Well, I got a really good deal on a flight for us...And I have a little $ left from what I had saved (for years!) for my dining room set (then bought one on sale)...

So, I think we'll be heading to POP for a little much-needed :beach: March 21-27! Well, maybe...I'm not sure yet. Still want to get a feel for crowds, but I know booking is down or Disney wouldn't be offering these great deals.

Anyway, I have til Feb. 5 to make up my mind! I want to...I shouldn't...I want to...:rotfl2:

Yep! That's short for WHY NOT GO !!!!!! Life is short - do it while you have good health and have fun!!!! :thumbsup2 We decided today to pay off our trip in September but when I got online to make thepayments the Disney reservations site is down so we have to do it tomorrow. We can't wait to go!!!:beach:

Yep! That's short for WHY NOT GO !!!!!! Life is short - do it while you have good health and have fun!!!! :thumbsup2 We decided today to pay off our trip in September but when I got online to make thepayments the Disney reservations site is down so we have to do it tomorrow. We can't wait to go!!!:beach:

Yes! They are doing a maintenance! I was on there yesterday and it big red letters it said it was going to be down from late night on Jan 30th thru Jan 31st and be back up feb 1st.

Hi all! I just returned from Pop Century and....IT WAS AMAZING!!! :cool1: I was worried that being a at a value resort for the first time that I'd be disappointed or that I wouldn't feel "the magic". But I was so wrong!! I was so impressed with the resort. In fact I can't believe that I spent so much at deluxe resorts when I could have been staying at Pop!!

Unfortunately, the YOAMD mugs were still the only ones available. :( Guess I'll just have to go back again soon to get the new one! :)

Thanks Buckeye Gal for all your hard work on keeping this thread updated! :cheer2: :cheer2: It was an invaluable resource for our trip!

Hi all! I just returned from Pop Century and....IT WAS AMAZING!!! :cool1: I was worried that being a at a value resort for the first time that I'd be disappointed or that I wouldn't feel "the magic". But I was so wrong!! I was so impressed with the resort. In fact I can't believe that I spent so much at deluxe resorts when I could have been staying at Pop!!

Unfortunately, the YOAMD mugs were still the only ones available. :( Guess I'll just have to go back again soon to get the new one! :)

Thanks Buckeye Gal for all your hard work on keeping this thread updated! :cheer2: :cheer2: It was an invaluable resource for our trip!

:cheer2: another satisfied customer!! :cheer2:

Have any of you ever had a case of water delivered from Costco?

I posted on the original thread re: ordering from Costco about how to address the label, but I haven't had any replies yet... I need to order by Monday to make sure it's there when we check in on Thursday.

So, if any of you have ordered & had anything delivered to the resort, just wondering what I should put to make sure that I get the water, and that it makes it to the resort! I don't have a Disney confirmation # since I booked thru AAA!

I posted on the original thread re: ordering from Costco about how to address the label, but I haven't had any replies yet... I need to order by Monday to make sure it's there when we check in on Thursday.

So, if any of you have ordered & had anything delivered to the resort, just wondering what I should put to make sure that I get the water, and that it makes it to the resort! I don't have a Disney confirmation # since I booked thru AAA!
I just followed the directions from Post #1 (under Services) and had 2 cases of water from Costco sent. I ordered about a week and a half before we got to Pop. They were there waiting for us when we got there.

We sent water from Costco in November. This is how I put the label

Pop Century Resort
In Care OF: My Name
Arriving on DATE
ADDRESS ( I forgot what it was)

It was waiting for us when we got there. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter