• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Greatest Hits: A Trip Like This Needs a Soundtrack!-A July 2012 TR Upd. 5/5!

Welcome back!!!! It was so such a good reason for you to be away for a bit. TR's can wait... a hubby home from overseas can NOT! But, we did miss you, so yay for an update!

I always see these great updates from Animation class and I have never done it. Ever. I think I have to rememdy that. It just looks so beyond fun! Although I have zero drawing ability, outside of flowers, palm trees, and stick figures... I think I would be too intimidated. But great job on the Carls!

Enjoy these next few days with John and thanks for the update!!

Aww don't even WORRY about it! I'm so happy you've been enjoying time with John! It's so important! But obviously if you couldn't tell, we all missed you! :goodvibes

OMG, if you love the faeries from Sleeping Beauty, you would LOVELOVELOVE the Sleeping Beauty castle walkthrough in Disneyland! They are in it and they are so cute.

Hahaha I would have gotten so annoyed with those girls in the drawing class. I'd probably be tempted to get up and slap their hands down when he announced something that I loved.

Okay, I'm excited you are doing the drawing revealing in a fun way! I'm totally curious as to who you guys drew!

OMG I ALREADY KNOW, WRECK IT RALPH?!

NOPE I WAS WRONG, but you guys drew one of my other favorites, CARL!! aldfjkaldkfjsdlkfj. That is so cool! Yours came our fabulous! I thought it was Ralph when I saw the nose and kind of crazy hair... but then I saw the square glasses and knew it was Carl! I love that movie so much.

I love that John is so disappointed in himself, hahaha. It's okay John, we still think you did a good job.

STORMALONG BAY AT NIGHT! Be still, my heart. I love that pool when it's all lit up at night... One day I will swim there AT NIGHT. I mean, it's awesome during the day but I LOVE nightswimming so being in SAB would be perfect. I am jealous of all those families swimming at 10:30 at night in there!

YAY! Great update! So glad you are back, and I can't wait to read more about this trip AND your sisters trip! :yay:

Yay! What fun to visit the DISboards today and find your update! (Seriously, does it make anyone else feel just a little bit stalker-ish when you keep checking for updates from your favorite trip reports? Is it just me?)
I'm so glad John was able to make it home for Christmas and spend 2 months at home!
I envy you your sister trip and your trips with your mom. My sister, our mom and I visited WDW together for many years and I have such great memories. Have a great time and I'll look forward to those reports, as well!

Yay! Joni!! This may sound weird, but I'm so happy you were gone for two months! :rotfl: How wonderful that would have been to have him home! :goodvibes I would have been off the Boards for that long too!! Please tell him thank you for his incredible service! He does a wonderful thing!

Ok, how exciting!!!!! :hyper: Nine days?! That's like nothing! What a great sister getaway! I can't wait to hear about it!

I love Mother/Daughter trips! They are so magical! :lovestruc

I really really really need to get over there to Animation Studios and draw something!!!

It honestly took me longer than I'm willing to admit to figure out your drawing... I think my mind went blank! For some reason, I kept thinking muppets!! :rotfl:

Glad you're back Joni!! I've missed your updates!

So awesome that you got to draw Carl from Up, good job!! After my Stuck in Disney trip, I became obsessed with the Animation Academy because I do not have any talent at all when it comes to drawing but what I did in the classes was actually good (for me)! I drew Pluto, Stitch, and Merida, and it was SO MUCH FUN. I seriously can't wait to go back.

YAY you're back! I'm so happy that you got to spend so much time with John! And hooray for Disney SO SOON!!! :yay:

That's so awesome that you got to draw Carl! They look great!

I love the Lilly Moscovitz reference. She and I are basically the same.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just joined in and have been laughing away the entire time- my fav was the photo of those silly people napping on Epcot benches at like 9am. :rotfl2:

My mom and I just bought our plane tix to WDW in July and are SO excited but fearful of the weather- we've never been to FL in the high summer. However it looks like you guys were super productive regardless! It's inspirational!

Also, my very best wishes to you and John- I hope his deployment goes by quickly for you both. That's so wonderful he came back for a Merry Christmas! :santa:

Looking forward to reading more!

Well, YAY for two months off the disboards, then!!:cool1:

I know you work with that age group and all, so you have nerves of steel, but I would have been slapping those girls' arms down! Okay, not really. I'm not that brave. But I TOTALLY would have been giving them "the look" and clearing my throat and tsking my tongue really loudly. Hooray for passive agressive! It keeps me out of jail.

Still, glad you got to draw Carl! I don't think I've ever seen anyone draw him before.

I am not an artist by any means. Yeesh, I wonder what look John would have given my attempt if he thinks his great one deserves such indignation!!

Beach Club, oh, Beach Club!
A hotel by any other name would not smell just as sweet. That place is awesome.

Have SO MUCH FUN on your upcoming trips!!! Can't wait to read about them!

Welcome back, Joni! I am so happy you got to spend some unexpected time with Jon. I'm sorry he had to leave again, but wonderful news that you have TWO Disney trips on the horizon!

Welcome back!!! I'm glad you were able to have so much time at home with John - if I were in your situation, I would have ignored the internet too and spent as much time as I could with my husband!

That's awesome that you got to draw Carl! I didn't figure it out until you got to the glasses.

So happy for you & John that y'all were able to spend some quality time together! Definitely a good reason to not be on the DIS! Sorry to hear that he went back to Afghanistan today. I will keep the both of you in my prayers. :goodvibes

At least you have some upcoming Disney trips to distract you! :thumbsup2

Sounds like the night ended well in DHS! The girls in the Animation class sound super-annoying but that's cool that y'all got to draw Carl. Y'all did a great job!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
I'm so excited to know that you've had a wonderful 2 month's with John...
Merry Christmas to you!!! :thumbsup2

Now 9 day's until Disney!!!! What are you going to do... How are you going to do 2 trip reports. :confused3
I can't wait for you to go on your Mother daughter trip because my DD will be working there by the time you go and you can meet her!!!!!

I love Carl... He looks just like my precious father... He was the apple in my eye... I love and miss him so much so when I see Carl, I just get so happy.. :dance3:

Thanks for sharing...

I can't wait for another update...
Carolyn

Hi Joni, glad to see that you're back!

I'm so glad that John came home for Christmas, how awesome!

YAY! So glad you're back, Joni! :yay: And a HUGE HOORAY for getting to spend so much time with your hubby! Talk about a wonderful holiday. :cloud9: How neat that you'll be taking another trip with your mom (Mommy-Daughter trips are the best)! And WOO HOO for being so close to your upcoming trip!

I'm a little late, but I'm loving the TR so far. The BC looks so neat! And how fun to get to draw Carl (though those girls sound more than a little irritating). Looking forward to reading more!

I'm thrilled to have you back and posting again, I can't wait to read more and I can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip. However, I can't think of a better reason to be absent from the dis and your loyal fans :cool1: Coming from a military family I know how bad it sucks when your loved ones are away, but I can't imagine if it were my DH. Mine was gone for 9 months working in Arizona (we're in Iowa), and that was miserable but we flew to see each other a few times while he was gone.

Thank you so much! :) It's so cool that you're from a military family too! It's not easy, but it's so great to have someone in our family who is serving our country!

I am sure that was really hard for you! 9 months is such a long time! I'm glad you guys got to visit each other from time to time! :goodvibes

First of all, yes, Tierra must be included. Otherwise, she may just lose her sparkle. :scared:

Secondly, I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE UPDATING AGAIN!!!!! I mean, obviously. I've been begging for this for about a month now. :lmao: I am sorry that John has to leave soon, though... but thank God he won't be gone as long! AND I'm so excited for you to go back to Disney soon! AND in May/June!!! :woohoo: ;)

Merryweather is my favorite fairy, too! Her voice is so unique and awesome. AHHHHHH you drew Carl! That's amazing! It was around the third or fourth picture that I figured it out. Awesome. I didn't realize they did Pixar characters, too! Although I don't know why. DHS is pretty heavy on the Pixar! (Side note: I actually told you how many pictures it took me to guess before I read that you asked that. So yeah, twin telepathy at its finest.) Your Carls are awesome!

(Um... I used the word 'awesome' one too many times, didn't I?)

I feel like a game could be made from this. Take a picture of literally nothing but a crowd of people and see how many of them look at your camera. It has potential.

Ahh, Beach Club pictures. So beautiful! One day I WILL stay there.

We can't have her lose her sparkle! NO ONE can take her sparkle!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back, and for keeping on me about updating! I'm glad you asked me about it, because I truly didn't mean to keep forgetting! I needed motivation from my twin! :thumbsup2

Merryweather is the best! I was so excited to draw Carl! OF COURSE our twin telepathy kicked in! What number am I thinking of?

Whatever number you just said is exactly right. SEE?! We're amazing.

You can never use the word 'awesome' too many times. Awesome awesome awesome.

Awesome.

That would be a fun game! I wonder how many pictures exist with me awkwardly staring at the camera... :scratchin

That resort is the BEST EVER. I want to stay there again, but I'm also super excited to stay at AoA!

I'm here for your TR. popcorn:: I don't know how i have over looked it. :confused3

:welcome: Thanks so much for joining in!

Phew girlie!!! You almost had me checking obituaries and local hospitals!!!

Yay Joni is back:cool1:. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with John though. Prayers for you guys while he is gone again. I have never done the drawing class before. I should probably try that sometime soon. Have yet to try TSM as well, i know it is a crime :guilty:, but that is something I am changing on my upcoming trip.

Thank you so much! :) You really should try the drawing class! I think you would love it! AHH OMG TSM is seriously the best thing ever! It sounds like you need to spend a long day at DHS! ;)

I'm so happy to have you back updating, I love reading your trip reports!

I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your husband! Its also great that you have Disney trips to look forward to to get you through the time he is away!!

Looks like we will be down in Disney at the same time, we leave in 5 days and will be there from Feb 26th-Mar 6th. HAVE FUN!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! :)

It was so wonderful having him home, and I'm really glad I've got some trips to distract me while I wait for his return!

AHH you're at Disney RIGHT NOW! I hope you are having an amazing time! Maybe we will bump into each other in a few days! :goodvibes

Just joining in....great TR. :goodvibes

:welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for reading along!

Welcome back!!!! It was so such a good reason for you to be away for a bit. TR's can wait... a hubby home from overseas can NOT! But, we did miss you, so yay for an update!

I always see these great updates from Animation class and I have never done it. Ever. I think I have to rememdy that. It just looks so beyond fun! Although I have zero drawing ability, outside of flowers, palm trees, and stick figures... I think I would be too intimidated. But great job on the Carls!

Enjoy these next few days with John and thanks for the update!!

Thank you so much for your understanding and your warm welcome back! It means a lot! :hug:

You really should try the drawing class sometime! I think you would love it, and you really don't need any drawing ability to do well. They give you really great step by step instructions, so anyone can draw a cool Disney character! :thumbsup2

Aww don't even WORRY about it! I'm so happy you've been enjoying time with John! It's so important! But obviously if you couldn't tell, we all missed you! :goodvibes

OMG, if you love the faeries from Sleeping Beauty, you would LOVELOVELOVE the Sleeping Beauty castle walkthrough in Disneyland! They are in it and they are so cute.

Hahaha I would have gotten so annoyed with those girls in the drawing class. I'd probably be tempted to get up and slap their hands down when he announced something that I loved.

Okay, I'm excited you are doing the drawing revealing in a fun way! I'm totally curious as to who you guys drew!

OMG I ALREADY KNOW, WRECK IT RALPH?!

NOPE I WAS WRONG, but you guys drew one of my other favorites, CARL!! aldfjkaldkfjsdlkfj. That is so cool! Yours came our fabulous! I thought it was Ralph when I saw the nose and kind of crazy hair... but then I saw the square glasses and knew it was Carl! I love that movie so much.

I love that John is so disappointed in himself, hahaha. It's okay John, we still think you did a good job.

STORMALONG BAY AT NIGHT! Be still, my heart. I love that pool when it's all lit up at night... One day I will swim there AT NIGHT. I mean, it's awesome during the day but I LOVE nightswimming so being in SAB would be perfect. I am jealous of all those families swimming at 10:30 at night in there!

YAY! Great update! So glad you are back, and I can't wait to read more about this trip AND your sisters trip! :yay:

Thank you so much, Dani! I missed you guys too! :hug:

AHH Seriously, I have been begging John to consider a trip to Disneyland for months. I want to see the Sleeping Beauty castle SO BADLY. I love those faeries!

I was tempted to. They were super obnoxious, especially when they forced us to skip over drawing BUZZ FREAKING LIGHTYEAR. :furious:

I'm glad you enjoyed my drawing reveal, and I totally get why you said it was Wreck It Ralph! I told John that I thought it looked like him in that one picture too!

Haha he's way too hard on himself. He keeps this sketchbook in his man cave and randomly draws Disney characters, but he won't show them to anyone. It's ridiculously adorable.

I've never done night swimming at Disney! Can you believe that? Actually, I hardly ever swim at Disney period, because I'm too busy running around like a psycho. Of course, I didn't pass up an opportunity to swim in Stormalong Bay, as you will see in my next update! :)

Thank you! I can't believe my sisters trip is only THREE DAYS AWAY. AHHHHHHHHHHH*breath*AHHHHHHHHHHH.... :faint:

Yay! What fun to visit the DISboards today and find your update! (Seriously, does it make anyone else feel just a little bit stalker-ish when you keep checking for updates from your favorite trip reports? Is it just me?)
I'm so glad John was able to make it home for Christmas and spend 2 months at home!
I envy you your sister trip and your trips with your mom. My sister, our mom and I visited WDW together for many years and I have such great memories. Have a great time and I'll look forward to those reports, as well!

I'm so glad my update was a pleasant surprise! :goodvibes Awww that is not stalker-ish at all! That makes me feel so good, thank you!

It was so wonderful having him home! Such a surprise, and a blessing!

Aren't girl trips so much fun? I end up missing John like crazy, but it's so cool being there with another girl and doing all the girly stuff! It's so great that you've got to do that with your mom and sister for so long! What wonderful memories! :)

Yay! Joni!! This may sound weird, but I'm so happy you were gone for two months! :rotfl: How wonderful that would have been to have him home! :goodvibes I would have been off the Boards for that long too!! Please tell him thank you for his incredible service! He does a wonderful thing!

Ok, how exciting!!!!! :hyper: Nine days?! That's like nothing! What a great sister getaway! I can't wait to hear about it!

I love Mother/Daughter trips! They are so magical! :lovestruc

I really really really need to get over there to Animation Studios and draw something!!!

It honestly took me longer than I'm willing to admit to figure out your drawing... I think my mind went blank! For some reason, I kept thinking muppets!! :rotfl:

I totally know what you mean! I missed you guys, but I was glad to be gone too! :) It was so wonderful having him home! Thank you for your kind words! I will tell him, and he will really appreciate it!

We are down to THREE DAYS! I can't believe it! :yay:

They really are! I can't wait to share the Mother/Daughter portion of this trip with you all!

YES! It's so much fun!

Haha no worries! It took it quite awhile to come together! ;)

Glad you're back Joni!! I've missed your updates!

So awesome that you got to draw Carl from Up, good job!! After my Stuck in Disney trip, I became obsessed with the Animation Academy because I do not have any talent at all when it comes to drawing but what I did in the classes was actually good (for me)! I drew Pluto, Stitch, and Merida, and it was SO MUCH FUN. I seriously can't wait to go back.

Thank you so much Lia! I'm so glad to be back! :hug: Now I've got to get my butt over to your Stuck in Disney TR to catch up on your hilarious adventures!

Isn't it amazing?! I love it so much! I feel like the same thing happened to me- I became obsessed after doing it a whole bunch on one trip, and now I have to do it every time!

I was really starting to worry about you but, I'm so glad you were MIA for a awesome reason!

Thank you so much! :) It was awesome having John home, but I'm so glad to be back with my DIS friends too!

YAY you're back! I'm so happy that you got to spend so much time with John! And hooray for Disney SO SOON!!! :yay:

That's so awesome that you got to draw Carl! They look great!

I love the Lilly Moscovitz reference. She and I are basically the same.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you SO much Kristen! :hug: It was wonderful having him home!

Thank you! Drawing Carl was pretty hard, but really fun! :thumbsup2

Haha Lilly is amazing, and she's so spunky! I can see the similar personalities, although you definitely have more of an Anne Hathaway look about you.

Just joined in and have been laughing away the entire time- my fav was the photo of those silly people napping on Epcot benches at like 9am. :rotfl2:

My mom and I just bought our plane tix to WDW in July and are SO excited but fearful of the weather- we've never been to FL in the high summer. However it looks like you guys were super productive regardless! It's inspirational!

Also, my very best wishes to you and John- I hope his deployment goes by quickly for you both. That's so wonderful he came back for a Merry Christmas! :santa:

Looking forward to reading more!

:welcome: I'm so glad you are enjoying the report and that I've made you laugh! That's my ultimate goal! I love making people smile!

AHH yay for you and your mom! That's so exciting! :goodvibes Don't worry, you will be fine. It's super hot in July, of course, but Disney makes it very manageable. There's tons of opportunities to cool down, so you will have a blast! :)

Thank you so so much! That means a lot to both of us! :hug:

Well, YAY for two months off the disboards, then!!:cool1:

I know you work with that age group and all, so you have nerves of steel, but I would have been slapping those girls' arms down! Okay, not really. I'm not that brave. But I TOTALLY would have been giving them "the look" and clearing my throat and tsking my tongue really loudly. Hooray for passive agressive! It keeps me out of jail.

Still, glad you got to draw Carl! I don't think I've ever seen anyone draw him before.

I am not an artist by any means. Yeesh, I wonder what look John would have given my attempt if he thinks his great one deserves such indignation!!

Beach Club, oh, Beach Club!
A hotel by any other name would not smell just as sweet. That place is awesome.

Have SO MUCH FUN on your upcoming trips!!! Can't wait to read about them!

Haha thank you! I was sad to be away, but it was for a pretty awesome reason! :thumbsup2

Trust me, even with my tweenage-proof nerves of steel, I was getting pretty aggravated. I think I unleashed a couple "SERIOUSLY?!" remarks under my breath. Oh yeah, I'm brave! ;)

It was really cool getting to draw someone different! I'm sick of drawing Donald Duck!

Haha don't worry, John is just super critical of himself. He loves to draw, so when it doesn't come out perfectly he gets really irritated. He is a lot more forgiving for other people's work!

I love the Beach Club, and I LOOOOOVE your Shakespeare reference! :thumbsup2

Thank you! I am so excited! THREE DAYS!! :yay:

Welcome back, Joni! I am so happy you got to spend some unexpected time with Jon. I'm sorry he had to leave again, but wonderful news that you have TWO Disney trips on the horizon!

Thank you so much! I am so happy to be back and to have had that time with John! It was a wonderful surprise! :goodvibes

Welcome back!!! I'm glad you were able to have so much time at home with John - if I were in your situation, I would have ignored the internet too and spent as much time as I could with my husband!

That's awesome that you got to draw Carl! I didn't figure it out until you got to the glasses.

Thank you! :) Haha yep, I definitely wasn't thinking much about the internet while he was home! But I did miss all of my wonderful DIS friends!

It was really fun drawing him, but tough! I like the challenging ones, but they stress me out! :rotfl:

So happy for you & John that y'all were able to spend some quality time together! Definitely a good reason to not be on the DIS! Sorry to hear that he went back to Afghanistan today. I will keep the both of you in my prayers. :goodvibes

At least you have some upcoming Disney trips to distract you! :thumbsup2

Sounds like the night ended well in DHS! The girls in the Animation class sound super-annoying but that's cool that y'all got to draw Carl. Y'all did a great job!

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. They mean so much to John and me. :hug:

I am SO excited about my upcoming distractions! I can't believe my next trip is only three days away!

It was a great night at DHS! Drawing Carl was really fun, and I'm surprised with how they turned out for sure! Thank you! :)

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
I'm so excited to know that you've had a wonderful 2 month's with John...
Merry Christmas to you!!! :thumbsup2

Now 9 day's until Disney!!!! What are you going to do... How are you going to do 2 trip reports. :confused3
I can't wait for you to go on your Mother daughter trip because my DD will be working there by the time you go and you can meet her!!!!!

I love Carl... He looks just like my precious father... He was the apple in my eye... I love and miss him so much so when I see Carl, I just get so happy.. :dance3:

Thanks for sharing...

I can't wait for another update...
Carolyn

Thank you so much Carolyn! It was so nice having him home! :goodvibes

I will probably wait and start my sisters TR when I'm almost done with this one...which means I need to get the ball rolling on this one! :rotfl:

Yay! I can't wait to meet your DD! That will be so cool!

Aww that is so amazing that Carl brings back wonderful memories of your father. I am so glad he can make you feel that way when you see him. :hug:

As always, thank you for your wonderfully sweet comments! :goodvibes

Hi Joni, glad to see that you're back!

I'm so glad that John came home for Christmas, how awesome!

Thank you so much! I'm glad to be back! :)

Thank you! It was wonderful having him home! :goodvibes

YAY! So glad you're back, Joni! :yay: And a HUGE HOORAY for getting to spend so much time with your hubby! Talk about a wonderful holiday. :cloud9: How neat that you'll be taking another trip with your mom (Mommy-Daughter trips are the best)! And WOO HOO for being so close to your upcoming trip!

I'm a little late, but I'm loving the TR so far. The BC looks so neat! And how fun to get to draw Carl (though those girls sound more than a little irritating). Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you so much! It really was the perfect Christmas present having him home! I was so blessed! And I am also so blessed that I have TWO trips coming up, and one in only THREE DAYS! :yay:

You're not late, you're right on time! Thank you, as always, for reading along. Your comments always make me smile! :)

Welcome back Joni! That was great news about your husband and I am so happy for you. Also another trip this weekend. I am so jealous.

DH and I recently returned from a surprise last minute trip to DL. It was wonderful and now I am dying to go back to either place. I will say the castle is not very impressive though.

I do prefer the animation academy at DL. They post a schedule of what character will be drawn at what time. We wanted to draw Donald and that was the time we went. No wasting time picking characters or drawing one you might not like.

Have a great trip and don't forget about your loyal fans!

Mary Kay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter