The Greatest Hits: A Trip Like This Needs a Soundtrack!-A July 2012 TR Upd. 5/5!

WOW, a nine month deployment. I honestly don't know how you do it. If you ever need to talk, please know that you can talk to me at any time. I really don't think I'd be able to handle that. You guys are so strong!

Whoa, what is with the creepy staring CMs? If I worked there I would talk to everyone!

OH MY GOD THE SLEEPING PEOPLE ON THE BENCHES. That is so hilarious, I am literally laughing out loud. These are the kinds of people I want to interview. Like, what has happened in your life that has caused you to be sleeping on a bench in the World Showcase at 10am? I need to know.

Wow, I feel so bad for families like that who just ruin their time at Disney by being stressed about stupid things and being so rude with each other.

That Brave stuff is so awesome! I love the triplets! They were seriously one of my favorite parts of the movie. Ahhhh I wanna watch it again.

Hi! I'm a late joiner, but I caught up on your TR earlier and I just wanted to let you know that your trip has sounded amazing so far! I'm been dreaming of staying at an Epcot resort for the longest time, and the Beach Club has definitely caught my eye!

I can't even imagine a 9 month deployment. I will keep you both in my prayers!

Good luck on getting a Be Our Guest ADR! I tried for a possible trip in December, but no luck. Womp womp.

I can't wait to read more!

YAY for a new trip...BOO about John leaving. 9 months is a long time, but hopefully it will go by quickly and you can enjoy each other's company once again!

When are you going in March? We will be there on 3/8-3/16!! I cannot wait!!

Really enjoying your TR so far! Hope school is going well for you!

I just read your intro and I'm TOTALLY excited about this TR! I'd write more, but I'm in too much of a hurry to submit this so I can go back and start reading!

Okay, I finally have time to get caught up. Oh, come by my TR. I finally started! ;)

I have absolutely embraced you and your craziness, as you have embraced mine. :rotfl2:

I love your food rating system! That's such a great idea. And P.I.E.C.E? Brilliant.

Disney is also the only thing that will encourage me to get out of bed obnoxiously early.

Flip flops are the only shoe to wear during the summer! Who cares about what Dr. Oz would say. Obviously, he's just crazy. Hahaha.

The Help really is one of the best books. I loved all of the different points of view that were used.

What an adorable little pupperdoo!

Wow, your car was really brand new! You were breaking Civic Sally in Disney style.

Again, Dr. Oz....who cares! LOL. Drink your diet Dr. Pepper!

My Dad always liked to drive the whole way too. The conversation between him and my mom always went:

Mom: I can drive.

Dad: No.

Mom: But you look tired.

Dad: No. *yawn*

Mom: Bu....

Dad: No.

Good thing John saw the signs though and knew he was tired.

*shudder* The sound of styrofoam rubbing together. Almost as bad as metal utensils being used in a pan. *gaaaahhhhh*

Every time I've driven, I get stuck in traffic. It's inevitable.

Oh man. Did you get an energy drink high? That's no good.

*sigh* The sketchy waffle house/cheap gift shop combo. You know you're in Orlando!

Ooooohhh, that hallway is Shiningesque. I expect to see the twins at the end....

SSSSTTAAAACCCCYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Totally remember Are You Afraid of the Dark!

Good thing that the giant demon grasshopper from Hades did not get you....

That was a really good price on passes! How does it feel to be an Annual Passholder? :hyper:

WPE. Great choice! I ate there four times in one trip once. :lmao: It certainly deserves the Remy rating that you gave it.

The Beach Club is a great resort. The smell is just amazing. You're right, you just can't describe it.

RFID technology on the door? Fancy!

Great room. I love the mirror picture, you look so happy!

I love the location of the Boardwalk and Beach Club resorts. They're honestly perfect in relation to getting to Epcot and to DHS.

Oh no, nine month deployment?! I'll keep you in my thoughts while you navigate his absence. :hug:

I will cross my fingers for a Be Our Guest ADR. I tried to get one for November, but I'm failing miserably.

Ahhh, the sleeping on benches in Disney World issue. I just don't get it. I mean, I've slept on a bench in a train station, but never in Disney World.

Who would freak out like that in line? I just don't understand people like that. Just calm the heck down.

Tour grips. The side effect of a Disney trip in July. I love their enthusiasm, I just don't like getting in between a group of 2000 of them. :lmao:

Joining in!

I feel like I'm reliving my trip through your trip report! We stayed at the Beach Club too, and had a king room right near yours! I think one door away maybe? I definitely recognized the view from your balcony!!

Sigh...I wish I was there right now!! We completely fell in love with it! I think I have the same pictures of the light fixtures! Loved the seahorses!

Best wishes to you and John during his deployment...that must be so difficult! :hug:

I will definitely be reading along from now on!

Catching up from early August!

Mmm, Wolfgang Puck Express is a great place to eat! I haven't tried any of their pizzas yet, but I hope to do so one day. Haha, I'm so curious about that pesto pizza because of Jess's and Kristen's TRs too! That's something I'd like someone else to order so I could try it. It's difficult committing to just ONE dish!

Wow, Beach Club looks amazing! It looks so relaxing. I'd definitely want to stay there if I had a LONG vacation ahead of me so I could enjoy the atmosphere instead of feeling like I had to rush off to the parks all the time.

I will definitely be praying for you and John throughout his deployment! I'm glad you have a trip with your sister to have something to look forward to.

Ooo, the Brave sculpture IS made out of sand! Howard and I saw it being made! It was pretty funny because we had just decided to walk in that direction, and we saw that they were working on something. There were 3 guys under a tent carving! I'll post pictures when I eventually get up to it.

Hey Joni! I'm back and all caught up! I'm gonna comment on the most recent update so I don't confuse you, but I loved them all!

I'll definitely be keeping both you and John in my prayers! You are so brave girl. :goodvibes SO excited to hear about your trip in March! AND Art of Animation!! YAYY!!

That sculpture IS sand! Isn't it incredible!? They had something similar out during F&G for the Disney Nature films.

AHHHH tour groups!!! :scared1: That was all we saw in July, huh? They seemed more prevelant this year than most others. Ugh.

Can't wait to read more! Your song lyrics are sheer genius, by the way. It's like trup report BGM! :thumbsup2

Just catching up! You are soooo strong! I will be praying for your family throughout this journey.

Good news is- I think today is the day you get to make your ADRs- can't wait to hear about them!

We are staying at Art of Animation next Oct in the Cars section- we let our son pick- but I'm sure in the future his new sister is going to have something to say about that!

We could easily pretend that I didn't read all of your TRs in the span of 2 days, but I'm not big on lying.

I have laughed out loud an amount of times that is probably unacceptable, and I am very excited to follow along as you post this time (instead of creepily reading years worth of trips).

Praying for you and for John during his deployment. My sister is marrying her sweetheart (who happens to be a Marine) next month. I'm so impressed with the strength it takes for those who wait as patiently as they can at home. Hopefully these 9 months fly by for you!!

So I am really late to the party... :cheer2: But I am all caught up! This report is a hoot and I can't wait to read more! You have me hooked! pirate: hehehe Cheesy I know!

Subscribed!!!

I will praying for Jon and you during his deployment. I have such respect for all the military and what they do for us AND for the families and what you go through while they are gone.

Glad you can look forward to planning another trip:goodvibes

Hi Joni!

Sorry I have been MIA for a while, but I am in Bangalore, India for a month for work and have been really busy. I finally had some downtime today to get my Dis on.

Loved all your updates and hooray for the Beach Club. I love staying in the Epcot resort area. It is so convenient. We own our DVC at VWL, which I truly love, but there is something to be said for being able to walk to two parks.

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers for the nine month deployment. I will have a month away from my family for this trip, and my husband often goes away for three -four weeks at a time, and it is really hard. I kind of know how you feel on a smaller basis. We do appreciate all he does for our country and can't thank him enough.

Looking forward to more and I hope the tour groups don't cause too many problems.

Good Morning Joni!!!! :wave2:
Just wanted you to know that you guys have been in my prayers... :thumbsup2
We've been missing you ::yes:: but totally understand that you've been swamped with life...
Sending lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
To you and especially for John...
We miss you
Carolyn
Texasbelle

I'm still making my way through your TR and loving every minute!! What part of NC do you live in? I'm right outside of Charlotte..not too far from Lake Norman. We reach the SC border in about 20 minutes on our way to WDW. I used to live in Winston Salem so I used to get so excited when we hit SC cause I felt I was making progress.

We are heading to Disney in November but we are taking 2 days to drive down (staying in Savannah) because we will have my DSD6 and my DS who will be almost 10 months old, and thought it best to split up the drive.

Thanks for writing this TR I really am enjoying it and love the soundtrack.

Oh, Joni! You are in my prayers! I am so thankful for your husband's service, and I pray that he returns safely to you! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter