The great, the ok, and the don't bother.....

vcgirl925

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to Uni/IOA in ten years.

Can you all give me your lists of which attractions/shows are must sees, the ones that are ok, and the ones that i shouldn't even bother with?

If you like thrill rides, here is my list. We were just there last weekend.

US: Rip, Ride, Rockety, Mummy (my favorite), Simpson (awesome), Men in Black, Shrek 4D, Disaster (closed when we were there but I heard it was good).

IOS: Hulk, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Dueling Dragons. Water rides if its warm- Popeye's Bilge Barge and Ripsaw Falls.

We didn't see any of the shows but I hear the Make up show in US is good and the Sinbad anad Poseidon shows are good too. If you are there when Harry Potter is open, then that should be awesome!

We were just there for 3 days and had a great time. We stayed onsite, so our room key was our express pass but it really wasn't crowded at all. I think the longest wait was 60 min. for Rip, Ride, Rocket and 25 min. for Spiderman.

I also was wondering this. We have two days between ioa and universal and were wondering which rides to skip. I assume that we will be in harry potter world for one whole day along w/ a few ioa rides and then a day to hop between the two parks and hit the biggies.

We love them all,with the exception of Pteranodon Flyers, we have done this once in 5 years, and its not worth the wait

If you like thrill rides, here is my list. We were just there last weekend.

US: Rip, Ride, Rockety, Mummy (my favorite), Simpson (awesome), Men in Black, Shrek 4D, Disaster (closed when we were there but I heard it was good).

IOS: Hulk, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Dueling Dragons. Water rides if its warm- Popeye's Bilge Barge and Ripsaw Falls.

We didn't see any of the shows but I hear the Make up show in US is good and the Sinbad anad Poseidon shows are good too. If you are there when Harry Potter is open, then that should be awesome!

We were just there for 3 days and had a great time. We stayed onsite, so our room key was our express pass but it really wasn't crowded at all. I think the longest wait was 60 min. for Rip, Ride, Rocket and 25 min. for Spiderman.

:scared1: An hour wait??? Oh goodness you have me scared and that's when it's not busy?

We are going the last week of March. I'm getting the 4 day two park passes for the four of us. We LOVE thrill rides as does my son. But my dd is going to be too small for them i'm sure.

Our clan includes thrill seekers :scared1: who loved all the coasters and attractions at USF/IOA and also one who does not like the "drops" of Pirates at Disney. This one loved Jaws, ET, Cat in the Hat, Men in Black and more :goodvibes

All the coasters,Spiderman,MIB, and Dr.doom have A single riders line.Alot shorter then the regular que if you don't mind bieng split up.
As far as shows You gotta at least do T-2,Shreck,Horror Make up Show,Posidien-sp-and Sinbad at least once..

:scared1: An hour wait??? Oh goodness you have me scared and that's when it's not busy?

We are going the last week of March. I'm getting the 4 day two park passes for the four of us. We LOVE thrill rides as does my son. But my dd is going to be too small for them i'm sure.

I saw on another thread they are starting to work with the moving platforms and may eventually start with FOTL.:woohoo: I'm going back in December...I'm hoping this is going then.:thumbsup2

I'd also skip Twister-- it would probably scare your children and it's not entertaining at all.

The only ride I don't think is necessary is Storm Force Acceletron. Everything else is worth experiencing at least once.

For our family we will never do Poseidon's Fury or Twister again. Disaster only if there is no wait. Jaws...total yawner. Could care less about that one again.

We didn't get to any shows last time but plan to add to our April trip.

Everything else was great:thumbsup2

Skip Twister, but don't miss the Horror makeup show - it was a hoot! We also really liked Mummy and Jimmy Newtron (but was kind of hard on my back).

Twister has its charm.If you never seen it is worth doing at least once.

The que is better then the show with all the detail they put in it.Sure the main part is pretty lame after you have done it once,but it's at least A try and make your own decision afterwords.I personaly still like it,but if the wate time is to long I will pass it up.

Storm Force and Dr. Doom are skippers for me. In US the only one that is a waste of time for me is Disaster, but you should do it at least once if you've never done it before. My wife's least favorite in US, is, believe it or not, Shrek.

The ones we don't miss are Spiderman, Hulk, Popeye/Bluto if the weather cooperates then Simpsons, MIB and Terminator in US.

In a class by itself is Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit because it's just too unreliable now. If it's running and the line is reasonable we'll go on it. If we're pressed for time it's a no-no.

As unlikely as this may sound, out of all the thrill rides in both parks the only one that makes me the least bit queasy in the stomach is Cat In The Hat. Something about that whipping around just doesn't agree with me, but I still go on it most times we are in IOA. Next visit we'll have small children and FOTL so I'll probably ride it 50 times. Maybe I'll get some Dramamine :)

Storm Force and Dr. Doom are skippers for me. In US the only one that is a waste of time for me is Disaster, but you should do it at least once if you've never done it before. My wife's least favorite in US, is, believe it or not, Shrek.

The ones we don't miss are Spiderman, Hulk, Popeye/Bluto if the weather cooperates then Simpsons, MIB and Terminator in US.

In a class by itself is Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit because it's just too unreliable now. If it's running and the line is reasonable we'll go on it. If we're pressed for time it's a no-no.

As unlikely as this may sound, out of all the thrill rides in both parks the only one that makes me the least bit queasy in the stomach is Cat In The Hat. Something about that whipping around just doesn't agree with me, but I still go on it most times we are in IOA. Next visit we'll have small children and FOTL so I'll probably ride it 50 times. Maybe I'll get some Dramamine :)

I'm sure if the CITH gets you queasy..you don't even LOOK at Simpson's eh?

We just got back, here are the rides that we loved,

IOA: Spiderman, Dueling dragons, Popeye (kids the Dr. Suess area), and Hulk
(thought Jurassic was a tad disappointing, Doom and Storm)

US: Simpson, MIB, Mummy (kids loved ET & Jimmy Neutron)
(Twister was a joke, Diaster was closed and RR was closed due to issues all week, Shrek was good, but not spectacular)

Express pass was amazing, the parks were clean and bright. Have fun.

My 14 year old son's favorites at IOA (Note: He's not really that into the Universal Parks -- prefers Sea World (his favorite park), Cedar Point (his second favorite park) and Disney (prefers these to US and IOA), but thinks IOA is fun too (He'd give US a miss): were the Hulk, both tracks of the Dueling Dragons, and the Jurrasic Park Discovery Center. He said that all of these were really good and that he'd do them again. I've never been to IOA, and it's been many many years since I've been to Universal. We, though, will be going to IOA Spring break of 2011 as we're really looking forward to seeing all the theming they've done for Harry Potter.

Someone said earlier about all the coasters having single rider lines, and that's not true. Dueling Dragons doesn't have it (and I'm sure Dragon's Challenge won't have it either), Hulk's is opened only when busy, and Rockit's is opened when the line for it dies down a bit, otherwise, it's closed.

Great thread...I can't wait to go there...won't be til 2011 or 2012 though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter