The Great & Powerful Oz does it again...a dream vacation for my mom! Updated 06/17

Looking forward to rest of report. We were at WDW the same week you were. ANTSS was trying to set up a meet at Jellyrolls but it didn't work out. Maybe next time. Check out our TR by LYNSUE.........

Looking forward to rest of report. We were at WDW the same week you were. ANTSS was trying to set up a meet at Jellyrolls but it didn't work out. Maybe next time. Check out our TR by LYNSUE.........
tried looking for it but I might be doing something wrong it is not showing for me.. link please... :hug:

i'm coming....waiting for your debut are you?

so I can have some pics added on my folder :p.. and also waiting for Cheri for some pics at FB for me to add on my folder also... told you I will never have to buy a camera again... This past trip I had 2 good ones a canon and a sony how fortunate I am!!! :p (I dont mind if you only edit the good ones :lmao::lmao::lmao: you can skip those cute faces I made on the last day!!!)

so I can have some pics added on my folder :p.. and also waiting for Cheri for some pics at FB for me to add on my folder also... told you I will never have to buy a camera again... This past trip I had 2 good ones a canon and a sony how fortunate I am!!! :p (I dont mind if you only edit the good ones :lmao::lmao::lmao: you can skip those cute faces I made on the last day!!!)

no............those are the best shots!

Day 1 – Continued – Epcot & Jiko

After touring the resort, it was time to hit a park. My mom’s favorite park is epcot so we decided to head there. I should mention that my mom has the biggest sweet tooth. If there is candy or chocolate around, she must have it. In fact, she would rather have dessert than ever eat actual food. Before we left the concierge lounge, she had grabbed a handful of gummi bears and put them in a napkin and was snacking on them while walking to the bus stop. We waited only a little while for the bus and there were only 5 other people there. A bus pulled up and that is when I remembered that she had gummi bears. I asked for one but unfortunately for me, she was putting the last one in her mouth. I told her that I couldn’t believe that she didn’t even share her candy with her daughter. Her response, “oops…you didn’t ask quick enough…I didn’t know you wanted any!” Why is this important you ask? Well after getting on the bus, our driver (hi Hector) got on the mike and announced that Disney bus drivers hear everything. We weren’t sure what he was talking about but he went on to say….”I heard that someone on this bus, didn’t share their candy!” The entire bus fell out laughing. My mom and I couldn’t believe that he heard me asking for candy and that she had eaten it all!

Hector went on and on about how my mom was not right and that he thought children were supposed to eat first. He told her that she had to buy me a beer in germany or whatever I wanted. The whole bus could not stop laughing and we laughed all the way to epcot. :rotfl2: He asked where we were from and he said “no wonder…people from ******** never share!” too hilarious!!! He finally left my mom alone and then started asking questions of the other riders. There was a family there from England so he was asking them questions about the queen. Hector also asked us if we were going to AKG. He said that we must have seen his mother-in-law. He went on to describe her…she was the Yeti! Best bus ride ever!

We finally made it to Epcot and before getting off, Hector said he was sorry to drop us off so far from the gate. I said that I deserved at least to get dropped off closer since I didn’t get any candy, he agreed and drove us up as close as he could get us. We waved goodbye, not before he told my mom though that the 1st thing she must do is buy me candy! What a hoot he was! We took a few photos of the topiaries. Actually I took a lot of photos but will only share a few here.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

The last time my mom was at epcot, nemo wasn’t there so I wanted to take her there first. Also, the waits in the afternoon for soarin and mission were too long for her legs and since we had dinner plans, we couldn’t hang around so Fabio…I mean nemo it was!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

love that song, big blue world….but had it stuck in my head the rest of the trip………….. see…I’m singing it now! Since the other rides had long lines and we were getting hungry, we decided to head to world showcase to eat lunch. We didn’t want to eat too much because we wanted to have appetizers in the concierge lounge and then have dinner at Jiko so we shared fish and chips in the UK….yummy as always. Our favorite countries to hang out in are Japan and China. We made it around to Japan and did some shopping. I was looking for the candy lady but she wasn’t out and it was starting to get warm. Also getting up at 4 am was catching up. Mom was getting really tired so we hopped the water taxi back to future world and headed out. I checked my phone but no message from concierge so we decided to head to the lounge when we got back for a snack and to check on room. Our room was ready…yeah! It was tea time so we grabbed some tea and relaxed for a bit. The snacks out at this time were cookies, brownies, and scones with cream. Mom was ready to kick her shoes off and check out our view from the room so we grabbed a couple of sodas from the fridge and a plate of snacks and headed to the room. The concierge room I booked was just a standard savannah view room so I won’t post any pics but we did have robes in the closet and turndown service. Our bags were waiting in the room and we ran to the balcony to see who was waiting there. Look who was outside our window to greet us. Mom couldn’t believe her eyes!

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

We finally peeled ourselves away from the balcony to unpack and relax. Our reservation for Jiko wasn’t until 7:30 so around 6 pm we headed to the lounge to check out the appetizers. Every night there was the same cold offerings (pickled carrots, artichoke hearts, olives) and a couple other things I can’t remember. There was also always an assortment of breads and crackers out with several different cheeses and different hummus spreads. What changed every night was the hot offerings (2 hot appetizers and a soup). Tonight there was some kind of sticky chicken wings and bobotie quiches. Bobotie is one of my favorite dishes so I was happy to see this. The soup was some kind of carrot soup which was delicious. We ate just a little to sample so we wouldn’t be too full for dinner. They also put the wine and beer out and there were several people there enjoying their wine/beer with a plate of cheese and bread.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

We returned to the room to clean up and change for dinner. While getting dressed, we couldn’t help but peek outside our window again and of course we ended up on the balcony with the camera.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Mousekeeping knocked on the door and came in to do our turndown service.

IMG_0310.jpg

Finally it was time to head out to Jiko. I do not have many pics of it as the restaurant was really dark. I had the BBQ short ribs and mom had the filet mignon with spicy mac and cheese. Her dish was really good but mine was just so so. I made this recipe from the disboards at home and mine was better per my mom but she is my mom so. The ribs were on some weird veggies and the potatoes were cold. We also had the BBQ chicken flatbread and it was really good.

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

The restaurant was pretty empty and we were in and out so quick. We hung around the lobby for a bit afterward and shopped in the gift shop. We then headed up for dessert. As you can see, our goal was to take part in as many offerings in the lounge as possible. Tonight there were fruit tarts, raspberry mousse tarts, cookies, and mini carrot cakes. I thought that I had photos but can’t find them. They also put the cordials out at this time. We ran into Josh again and he asked my mom how she was enjoying her mother’s day present? She told him about her day and that she was having the best time already. She also let him know that another cast member was trying to hunt down odouls for her and that Jiko had it. He said that he would work on it as well and get back to us. I had originally planned to head to EMH at MKG but we were too tired. I texted antss and told her that we would meet up for DHS in the morning. I barely made it to the shower before passing out.

What a great first day!

Up Next: DHS, Disers, Sci-fi, and another surprise!

love the ending for day 1!!!

Wooohooo Mom!!! She is so ready to party!!! And that's without the popcorn dangling by the door!!!!!! :hug:

Your mom looks so happy. Is she planning the next trip? LOL

Wow! What a great update. Your mom seems to have a great spirit! I'm glad you all are enjoying yourselves. You two looked really nice going to Jiko! :)

Wow, what a great daughter you are, your Mom looks so happy. That has to be the greatest Mother's Day present ever! I always wanted to take my Mom to WDW, but never got the chance, the timing was never right, I lost her in Feb of this year & will always regret not taking her when I had the opportunity. Enjoy your Mom while you can, the time we spend with our parents is precious.

I can't wait to see what other surprises you have in store for her.

That bus driver sounds awesome!! I love magical Disney CM's :)

he was a lot of fun!

love the ending for day 1!!!

Wooohooo Mom!!! She is so ready to party!!! And that's without the popcorn dangling by the door!!!!!! :hug:

she knew that once we ate she would get dessert so that was her motivation.

Your mom looks so happy. Is she planning the next trip? LOL

Nope...she leaves the planning to me.

LOVE the Poses! HA!

Wow! What a great update. Your mom seems to have a great spirit! I'm glad you all are enjoying yourselves. You two looked really nice going to Jiko! :)

thanks.....she hates taking photos and isn't happy that i posted them.

Wow, what a great daughter you are, your Mom looks so happy. That has to be the greatest Mother's Day present ever! I always wanted to take my Mom to WDW, but never got the chance, the timing was never right, I lost her in Feb of this year & will always regret not taking her when I had the opportunity. Enjoy your Mom while you can, the time we spend with our parents is precious.

I can't wait to see what other surprises you have in store for her.

i do definitely treasure her. i try to return to her what she has given me over the years.

Hi :wave2: I love your TR so far.

I know this sounds weird, but your mother looks very familiar, I see you are from PA are you anywhere near Warminster, Pa.

Can't wait to hear more!:yay:

Great ending to your first day! That bus driver was hilarious :lmao:

Your mom and I would make great traveling partners - I have a huge sweet tooth (and waist to show for it too!) I tend to cook dinner for my family and then munch on sweets w/a cup of coffee. You both looked so pretty in your outfits (dressed for dinner). Your TR has brought a smile to my face (much needed after this long week).

Hi :wave2: I love your TR so far.

I know this sounds weird, but your mother looks very familiar, I see you are from PA are you anywhere near Warminster, Pa.

Can't wait to hear more!:yay:

not too far...closer to philadelphia

Love the report! Glad you enjoyed concierge level! Keep the updates coming...

concierge was great! thanks for reading along.

Great ending to your first day! That bus driver was hilarious :lmao:

Your mom and I would make great traveling partners - I have a huge sweet tooth (and waist to show for it too!) I tend to cook dinner for my family and then munch on sweets w/a cup of coffee. You both looked so pretty in your outfits (dressed for dinner). Your TR has brought a smile to my face (much needed after this long week).

thanks. my mom found her match with another diser though as you'll see in the days to come. she and antss could polish sweets off before you blinked. popcorn::

she and antss could polish sweets off before you blinked. popcorn::

hey I was just being polite.. I dont want her to feel alone you know... I can never be rude to any mom who enjoys a candy or two :lmao::lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter