The Great (Grand?) Hotel Debate

I had no idea about the Dapper Day rate. I just booked the GC for the second half of our stay for $199/nt + tax. That is the only dates that work for our visit. We have a res for BWPPPI for $109/nt for the first part of our stay. I am so happy to learn of this since the lowest I had seen was at least $400/nt. it means doing a split stay but I think it will be worth it to experience a Disney resort.

I vote for the Grand also. And if possible, take advantage of special activies just for hotel guests: Scavenger hunts, bedtime stories by the fire, early morning powerwalk in DCA, Build a Bear workshops (they open the store in the AM just for you)! We love the proximity. Allows you to spend more time in the parks or downtown Disney, and feel the magic 24/7!

I also bought DVC after staying there. This trip we are at the Sheraton Park, I just couldn't spend those Christmas time points! I am sure I will still spend some time relaxing in the lobby, looking enviously at those checking in !

If you want to stay at the GCH, if you can afford to stay at the GCH, stay at the GCH. It's a beautiful hotel. It's "Disney" in it's own way. It's a wonderful place to stay, hang, relax, and enjoy. So.... why not?

You could "But it's double" yourself all the way down to a $79/night motel.

If you want it and can afford it, go for it! At least that's MY logic. You only live once (as far as we know :rotfl:).

- Dreams

This is very helpful, thank you!

Staying at the Grand won't break us...it is just the mental block of paying twice the price. We stayed at the DLH on our last trip (for our anniversary) and loved it. The Dapper Days rate isn't available (I already tried calling) for the 28th at the DLH, so that would mean paying rack rate at the DLH for two nights which would make the DLH cost $200 more than the Grand because at the Grand we're only paying rack rate for one night.

Thanks for letting me talk this out. :)

Even the $20 or $30 difference in dapper day DH vs GC I would vote for the grand. So no big loss that they don't have rooms, you will likely love the grand many times more than you loved the dlh. You could stay park vu for the one night but kind of a nuisance to move bags but shouldn't take too much time if you plan it right

I am on board with "do the Grand".

I think it really is grand and I like the full immersion into Disney experience.

And if it truly is your "one chance" to stay there, you might look back with regret for years. You might look back with regret for years if you DO stay there and it doesn't live up to your expectations, but at least that regret would be based on first hand knowledge, not speculation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter