The Good, The Bad, & the Nuts! ...ANYONE GOING MAY 8-15?

Okay, I'm here to "prop" and join in the fun! With Dan and Glenn already here, just remember........you asked for this!!! :rotfl2:

Oh and :welcome: when the trouble starts just remind me that I invited you :sad2:
just remember to blame everything on marv.

and thanks for the pictures this last round, i remmeberd the mickey show, and loved the sky ride, and the leagues under the sea, i liked how on the sky ride, you could see "back stage" and the stuff you were suppose to see, i thought it was so cool as a kid.

just remember to blame everything on marv.

and thanks for the pictures this last round, i remmeberd the mickey show, and loved the sky ride, and the leagues under the sea, i liked how on the sky ride, you could see "back stage" and the stuff you were suppose to see, i thought it was so cool as a kid.

:scratchin hmmm....blame Marv.....Got it :thumbsup2

I thought we had more pictures on the Skyride than I found - Danny always liked to try to take pictures of as much as he could from up there. Maybe there are more from other trips....but our next trip would have included an almost 2 year old and I can't imagine taking him on there.....but who knows - I may have done it :confused3 - I'll have to wait til I dig those books out and see.

And if you stick around long enough....I may get to the Rescue Ranger show. We were there in 1991 and Mickey's birthday was over and Baloo and....oh...who's the big tall duck that flew the plane????
Launchpad McQuack, pilot on Duck Tales. And I really blew my story above. A little hard for oldest DS to visit WDW in 1989 when that is the year he was born. We actually took him in February of 1992, so right in line with the trip you mentioned above.
Oh and :welcome: when the trouble starts just remind me that I invited you :sad2:
:thumbsup2
:scratchin hmmm....blame Marv.....Got it :thumbsup2
I'm a big boy, I can handle it. :) But with the group you have already assembled here, I think there will be enough "blame" to go around! :scared1:

I am SO loving the flashback pictures. When I did my PTR, I did some pictures when our kids used to go with us (they are now 24 and 22). It brings back such great memories. I really like the TOT and the Splash Mountain pictures. We've never done Diamond Horseshoe. :confused3

Launchpad McQuack, pilot on Duck Tales.

Launchpad!!!:cool1: All I could think of was Darkwing Duck - and I know he's the goofy looking one in the purple cape. I could picture him - He was tall with a brown leather jacket and aviators hat. If I hadn't thought of it (or you saved the day) I would have been digging out the boys old autograph books because I know we had his autograph. The problem is - there are 3 boys, so they each had a book - and they have gone on I don't know how many trips. So finding the right book....:rolleyes1 well thanks for the name. You get one free pass for whatever trouble those "other people" try to blame on you! :thumbsup2
And I really blew my story above. A little hard for oldest DS to visit WDW in 1989 when that is the year he was born. We actually took him in February of 1992, so right in line with the trip you mentioned above.
My oldest was born in 1989 too. I know we took him sumer of 91 - I'm thinking it was late in the summer - my oldest step-son was graduating from bootcamp so we were down for his graduation ceremony. We left the middle boy at home with my folks - he would have only been 6 or 7 months at the time.
I'm a big boy, I can handle it. :) But with the group you have already assembled here, I think there will be enough "blame" to go around! :scared1:
::yes:: Only the cream of the crop for my report :angel:

I am SO loving the flashback pictures. When I did my PTR, I did some pictures when our kids used to go with us (they are now 24 and 22). It brings back such great memories. I really like the TOT and the Splash Mountain pictures. We've never done Diamond Horseshoe. :confused3
My guys are 21, 19 & 17. If I stick with this long enough I have got some good pictures of them "growing up Disney". I came across one the other day of the three of them together in one seat on Splash Mountain.....and they are the only ones in the whole log. I am thinking it was when they still had E-Ticket nights. The lines for everything were practically non-existent and I remember riding Splash Mountain a couple times in a row without getting off. I don't know why Danny & I weren't on there with them - but it's a neat picture with just the 3 of them. :dance3:

Oh and Kat - stick around - eventually we will get to some hat pictures that will be right up you & Grumpy's alley :thumbsup2 It could take awhile tho

We Interrupt this report for the following Breaking News......

In exactly one month from right now I will be at Orlando airport schlepping our way to the Magic Express for 5 nights at Boardwalk on a parents-only trip!!!:cool1::cool1::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

......We now return you to our regular programming

EPCOT Center – 1988

This is my first visit to Epcot. On our “Grand Tour” in 1977 with my parents it did not exist. DH, on the other hand had been there before with his, ahem, previous family.:rolleyes1

Greeting us that day were

img379.jpg

Actually – it doesn’t look like they are greeting us so much as trying to get away from us. This guy at least stood still for awhile.

img380.jpg

Don’t you just love their cool rainbow, space man outfits??? At risk of getting myself in trouble with this comment – they could probably re-use those in early June during Gay Days. I saw ooo-gobs of rainbows during our visit this year. None were wearing space man outfits, though, so maybe they wouldn’t work after all. If I ever get back to the 2010 trip I will tell you what my most “interesting” Gay Days outfit was. :eek:

Concentrating on the left side of Future World we visited Horizons

img381.jpg

I don’t remember much about this ride – the pictures we took didn’t jog any real memories. I am thinking it was a ride through showing different things that could happen in the future. I have a vague recollection of their being a ride where you pushed a button to determine the ending – whether it would be space, underwater, or……something else. But I don’t know how they showed what you picked – I am assuming a video screen, but I don’t know. :confused3

Ok – I cheated – I just looked on You Tube….and frankly I still don’t remember much about this ride. It looks more like something out of Tomorrowland – kind of like if the Carousel of Progress continued on into the future. The clip I saw showed a lot of extreme futuristic stuff like talking to each other around the world on video screens. :rolleyes1 They also had people living in space, and irrigating deserts for farmland (maybe deserts was the 3rd option???) and living, or at least having buildings under the sea.

img382.jpg

This guy here is at the very beginning …and what you can’t see in this picture, but that I saw on the You Tube clip was his robot butler vacuuming the floor while he is getting his tan. He must only need to tan his head – but the machine does say Tan O Matic.

Today I believe this is the current site of Mission Space.

From there we go to Test Track…..I mean World of Motion

img383.jpg

This one I do remember….somewhat. It was yet another ride through that showed the progression of transportation.

We start with

img384.jpg

Driving a rock….

:lmao:

no, that doesn’t sound right, I’m guessing he is probably holding up a stagecoach……

To

img385.jpg

Horses and early automobiles and the chaos that ensues when said horse is startled

To bicycles

img386.jpg

And the chaos that ensues when said bicyclist is startled (love the pigs!!)

And on to

img387.jpg

Joy Riding in a yellow convertible. :thumbsup2

It was pretty much like one of the versions of Spaceship Earth that shows how communication has changed through time – only it was about transportation.

I know there was a fun, catchy song that went with it. And they had cars in the lobby just like they do now.

I could show you how Energy was different – but we only have picture of the outside – but it was pretty much the same with no Ellen and Bill Nye and a different movie.

And I assume there was the Wonders of Life which is also gone, but we have no pictures of it, so maybe it hadn’t opened yet.

All for now – these aren;t as much fun as the Magic Kingdom changes - but back them Epcot kind of earned it's title of "the boring park". Maybe it's because I am older now and appreciate it more, or maybe they have improved it over the years - but I spend more time at Epcot now than I ever thought I would.

Next time we will go over to the right side of future World.

In exactly one month from right now I will be at Orlando airport schlepping our way to the Magic Express for 5 nights at Boardwalk on a parents-only trip!!!:cool1::cool1::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

:banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for ONE MONTH FROM TODAY.

Oh your pictures from Epcot 1988 bring back such great memories. The suits that Mickey, Minnie and Goofy are in bring back sweet memories of our oldest son's first visit in 1987. The guys were wearing those space suits and we were in the Centorium (now MouseGears) and I couldn't find our son (Andy was 18 months at the time). I ran outside and he was holding Mickey's hand and walking to a bench and Minnie joined them and they played with my son for 15 minutes. It was the cutest thing in the world (but, at the same time, I wanted to spank him and tell him he had scared the you know what out of me).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for ONE MONTH FROM TODAY.

Oh your pictures from Epcot 1988 bring back such great memories. The suits that Mickey, Minnie and Goofy are in bring back sweet memories of our oldest son's first visit in 1987. The guys were wearing those space suits and we were in the Centorium (now MouseGears) and I couldn't find our son (Andy was 18 months at the time). I ran outside and he was holding Mickey's hand and walking to a bench and Minnie joined them and they played with my son for 15 minutes. It was the cutest thing in the world (but, at the same time, I wanted to spank him and tell him he had scared the you know what out of me).

That little stinker - out chasing mice when he shouldn't have been!!

ok - since you were there at about the same time I was - see if you can help me with my creaky memory. Did the Centorium (I do not remember that name:confused3) used to have a level upstairs....and better yet, did it go over across the outdoor walkway? I swear I remember going up and over but DH doesn't remember it although the more insistent I was he did start to think "well maybe". I can see it being closed down due to ADA rules if it was only a staircase going up - anyone on a scooter or wheelchair that has ever dealt with the little elevator trying to get down to Soarin would attest to the fact the elevators are not efficient at WDW.

That little stinker - out chasing mice when he shouldn't have been!!

ok - since you were there at about the same time I was - see if you can help me with my creaky memory. Did the Centorium (I do not remember that name:confused3) used to have a level upstairs....and better yet, did it go over across the outdoor walkway? I swear I remember going up and over but DH doesn't remember it although the more insistent I was he did start to think "well maybe". I can see it being closed down due to ADA rules if it was only a staircase going up - anyone on a scooter or wheelchair that has ever dealt with the little elevator trying to get down to Soarin would attest to the fact the elevators are not efficient at WDW.

Yes, it was called the Centorium and yes it was two stories (I remember this vividly because I had my dad and my husband on the second floor looking for the mouse chaser while my mom and I looked downstairs. Mark vageuly remembers there being a small elevator that went up to the second floor; I don't remember that, but I do remember the circular type staircase.

Yes, it was called the Centorium and yes it was two stories (I remember this vividly because I had my dad and my husband on the second floor looking for the mouse chaser while my mom and I looked downstairs. Mark vageuly remembers there being a small elevator that went up to the second floor; I don't remember that, but I do remember the circular type staircase.

:banana::banana::banana: I love it when someone confirms something that I just "know" that I know - and nobody else (read "my husband") believes me. What is funny is I can remember being upstairs and they had beachy type stuff and I bought a t-shirt-swimsuit cover up. It's in the picture on page 2 with me, Danny & Mickey and some corner of my mind hung on to the memory that I bought it upstairs at Epcot. And we also bought little Mickey and Minnie figurines that matched our professions/hobbies up there too.

How sad - I can't tell you what I did 2 days ago, but I can tell you where I bought a tshirt 22 years ago :sad2:

I can also tell you we had our first "fight" on our honeymoon over a clock. We were looking at a wall full of wall clocks and I wanted to buy one for our kitchen. He told me to pick one out - I narrowed it down to 2 and wanted his input. he refused. We left without a clock. We were supposed to go to Sea World that afternoon - but he laid down on the bed, pouting and fell asleep - I went outside (also pouting) and sat on the steps. When he finally woke up it was too late to go to Sea World.

I wound up getting the clock that the face looked like a typical Mickey Mouse watchface with red trim around the outside. It is still in our kitchen.

....and he still pouts:headache:.......and so do I:rolleyes1

when horizons was there, my dads company had a partnership with them so we were allowed to go in the back entrance up to the second level where they had a VIP loung set up, there was tv's food drinks...and a camera on top that you could use a little joy stick to zoom in on things around the top and watch on the tv. it was pretty cool.

do you remember the orange grove smell from taht ride, well they had little orange hard candys in there loung that tasted just like the smell...man were they good.

thanks for the trip tdown memory lane to remind me of that.

Hey, that bicyclist with the pigs looked familiar. Maybe I saw that one years ago.

He kinda reminds me of the Pirate with his pigs

when horizons was there, my dads company had a partnership with them so we were allowed to go in the back entrance up to the second level where they had a VIP loung set up, there was tv's food drinks...and a camera on top that you could use a little joy stick to zoom in on things around the top and watch on the tv. it was pretty cool.

do you remember the orange grove smell from taht ride, well they had little orange hard candys in there loung that tasted just like the smell...man were they good.

thanks for the trip tdown memory lane to remind me of that.

Oh how cool would that have been to get to go behind the scenes! I didn't remember the orange smell - but now that you mention it I'm thinking it might have been in the scene where they are reclaiming deserts for farmland???

Looking back at these pictures it seems like the main theme for Epcot was dark rides with animatronics. Not that I don't enjoy those - but I do like the variety of the other parks, with some outdoor carnival type rides, and the dark rides, and shows. Maybe that's why I thought Epcot was boring - every attraction was the same idea - different "pictures" :confused3

A brief pause - and a moment of silent remembrance for my brother, Bret Allen Dunblazier, who was born this date 48 years ago. We lost him almost 2 years ago and miss him terribly.

Bret was my only sibling - my older brother. He was, of course with us on our "grand tour" of Florida and was there for our first ever visit to WDW....or Magic Kingdom, more specifically.

Apparently at some other point - when he was living in Georgia after getting out of the Army - him and some buddies went to WDW. As I was thinking about what I was going to post today, in the back of my mind I thought "I should call him and see where all they went' :confused3 :sad1: The only thing I remember him telling us about that trip was that him and his buddies got on the People Mover, and had every intention of being the obnoxious ones screaming as if it were a thrill ride. He said one of his buddies actually was startled when it pulled away and made a little sound :eek: and Bret and his other buddy were laughing at him so hard they were never able to do their "Space Mountain" yells.

I don't know if they went to Epcot. The Studios wasn't there then.

He never married, never had kids - but was a fantastic Uncle for my boys.

He is missed.

A brief pause - and a moment of silent remembrance for my brother, Bret Allen Dunblazier, who was born this date 48 years ago. We lost him almost 2 years ago and miss him terribly.

Bret was my only sibling - my older brother. He was, of course with us on our "grand tour" of Florida and was there for our first ever visit to WDW....or Magic Kingdom, more specifically.

Apparently at some other point - when he was living in Georgia after getting out of the Army - him and some buddies went to WDW. As I was thinking about what I was going to post today, in the back of my mind I thought "I should call him and see where all they went' :confused3 :sad1: The only thing I remember him telling us about that trip was that him and his buddies got on the People Mover, and had every intention of being the obnoxious ones screaming as if it were a thrill ride. He said one of his buddies actually was startled when it pulled away and made a little sound :eek: and Bret and his other buddy were laughing at him so hard they were never able to do their "Space Mountain" yells.

I don't know if they went to Epcot. The Studios wasn't there then.

He never married, never had kids - but was a fantastic Uncle for my boys.

He is missed.

Tanya, just sending you a big :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter