The Good, The Bad and The Yummy: dining reviews w/pics

Today we ate breakfast at POP. DH and I each ordered a Bacon Egg & Cheese Croissant. DS1 got a Turnover and DS2 only wanted 2 bananas. We then headed out to MK.

We decided to stop at one of our favorite places for lunch: Columbia Harbour House. Not only is the food great, but it's a great place to just take a break from the crowds. Sounds hard to believe if you've ever walked into the place at lunchtime. What a riot! But not if you sit upstairs. I wonder if people don't know that you can eat upstairs? Because every time we've been, the downstairs is all crazy and crowded and then we go upstairs and it's quiet and empty. One time we even saw a family of like 12 trying to split up the kids and sit in two different areas downstairs. We told them that there were a bunch of empty tables upstairs and they were so grateful. They had no idea they could eat upstairs. It's strange.:confused3

Anyways, we ordered 3 of the Captain's Platters to share between the 4 of us. You get 2 chicken planks, 2 fish planks and fries. DS1 doesn't eat the chicken and DS2 doesn't eat the fish so they share. But then, I always get too full so they finish off mine. The fish and chicken are always hot and crispy here. I don't have any pics, but I'm sure you can find some on the restaurant pics thread. Just look up Columbia Harbour House.

We give CHH
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

It was the first warm day we had all week, so we left MK early to swim. We stayed in and ordered a pizza from POP. DH and I also ordered 2 pre-packaged salads. They were huge! The bowls are very deep. Very good and fresh, no wilted lettuce considering it was so late in the day. The pizza was ooey and gooey and wonderful! It had a very thick crust (similar to Domino's) and the sauce and cheese went right to the edge. And it was full of hidden Mickeys! Just look at the picture and see if you can spot them.:rotfl: :rotfl:

We give POP's Pizza:

Day5Pop1.jpg

Day5Pop2.jpg

Great reviews and pics. Glad you had such an awesome waiter at WCC. We have gone twice and neither time was our waiter entertaining. Luckily, we were entertained by others nearby. I sill like to go beause of the atmosphere and food.

We are staying one night at the Pop before moving on to another resort. I don;t know if we will have time to visit the food court but it sure sounds yummy. (arriving late and leaving early)

Did you have the twinkie tiramisu (spell ?)? If so, how was it?

Today we ate breakfast at POP. DH and I each ordered a Bacon Egg & Cheese Croissant. DS1 got a Turnover and DS2 only wanted 2 bananas. We then headed out to MK.

We decided to stop at one of our favorite places for lunch: Columbia Harbour House. Not only is the food great, but it's a great place to just take a break from the crowds. Sounds hard to believe if you've ever walked into the place at lunchtime. What a riot! But not if you sit upstairs. I wonder if people don't know that you can eat upstairs? Because every time we've been, the downstairs is all crazy and crowded and then we go upstairs and it's quiet and empty. One time we even saw a family of like 12 trying to split up the kids and sit in two different areas downstairs. We told them that there were a bunch of empty tables upstairs and they were so grateful. They had no idea they could eat upstairs. It's strange.:confused3

Anyways, we ordered 3 of the Captain's Platters to share between the 4 of us. You get 2 chicken planks, 2 fish planks and fries. DS1 doesn't eat the chicken and DS2 doesn't eat the fish so they share. But then, I always get too full so they finish off mine. The fish and chicken are always hot and crispy here. I don't have any pics, but I'm sure you can find some on the restaurant pics thread. Just look up Columbia Harbour House.

We give CHH

It was the first warm day we had all week, so we left MK early to swim. We stayed in and ordered a pizza from POP. DH and I also ordered 2 pre-packaged salads. They were huge! The bowls are very deep. Very good and fresh, no wilted lettuce considering it was so late in the day. The pizza was ooey and gooey and wonderful! It had a very thick crust (similar to Domino's) and the sauce and cheese went right to the edge. And it was full of hidden Mickeys! Just look at the picture and see if you can spot them.:rotfl: :rotfl:

We give POP's Pizza:

Day5Pop1.jpg

Day5Pop2.jpg

I wanna get a big pizza so bad but I'm afraid its too much for 2 people to eat! HEHE!

Since we had lunch ressie's, we decided to have a very light lunch: bananas and oranges from POP. We also got a box of Entenmann's Donut Holes. They were so good. A whole box was only $3.59 and it was enough for everyone. They're no Krispy Kreme, but they do taste like kruller's. Very tasty!

We spend the morning at MGM and then went to 50's Primetime Cafe for our lunch reservation at 11:30. It was a chilly morning and I'd been craving some soup, so I was thrilled to see it on the menu. I was even more thrilled to see the Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whipped cream!:cool1:

I usually get extremely full eating here, so I decided to just get the Chicken Noodle Soup and eat a piece of DS2's Fried Chicken, since he gets 3. So that's what we did. DS2 got the Fried Chicken Platter with double Crinkle Fries and a Chocolate Shake. DH got the Fried Chicken with Fries and Macaroni & Cheese. And DS1 ordered the Meatloaf and substituted Macaroni for all the sides. He also got a Chocolate Soda. DH and I both got Cherry Sprites.

The Chicken was crunchy outside and dry on the inside. The Soup was about as average as a bowl of Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup (for the same price, I could have bought 4 cans). DH and DS1 liked the Macaroni. DS1 said the meatloaf was okay, but nothing to rave about. The Shake was absolutely heavenly! And my dessert was average. The Angel Food Cake was a little dry, like it may have been frozen. But the berries and sauce were good. As you can see in the pic, I don't eat blueberries.

As for our waiter, well we kind of got a shy guy. He hardly even interracted with us. We had to wait a long time and he kept dissappearing. It took a while just to get a refill. You know, this was our 3rd visit and I think the novelty has just worn off. I'd rather spend our money on a good buffet. It's very expensive to eat here and the food is just not that good.

So, sadly,:sad1: I give 50's Primetime Cafe:
:earsboy: :earsboy:

Day6MGM1.jpg

Day6MGM2.jpg

Day6MGM3.jpg

Day6MGM4.jpg

Day6MGM5.jpg

Day6MGM6.jpg

Day6MGM7.jpg

Day6MGM8.jpg

Day6MGM9.jpg

Day6MGM10.jpg

We ended our last night at MK (is there any other way). DH and I each got Corn Dog Nuggets from Casey's Corner on Main Street. DS1 had a burger from Pecos Bill's with a side of Lay's BBQ Chips. DS2 had a Hot Dog. We also stopped in the Main Street Bakery for dessert. DH had a Cherry Turnover. I got a Chocolate Bundt Cake (that was way too sweet). And DS1 had a Chocolate Chip Cookie. DS2 went next door to the Ice Cream Parlor for a Vanilla Cone.

We enjoyed our desserts while waiting for "Wishes". And then :sad1: sadly we headed "home" for our last night.

In the morning, we had Breakfast at POP and flew back to the real world.
"No, you can't have any pizza!" :mad:

Day7MK2.jpg

Day7MK3.jpg

Once again, Main St. Bakery is a must!

My middle daughter really wants to go to Prime Time and I soooo don't want to go. I usually don't take reviews too seriously, but when you hear so many lousy reviews it makes you wonder. I have also heard about several dud waiters there. I don't know why you would want to work there if your not playful. Anyway, I guess I'll have to suck it up just this once for DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter