The Good Dinosaur

ashmarie06

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend has dived in the world of movie reviews! We were lucky enough to see the movie The Good Dinosaur last week, and we wanted you guys to see the review.

If you haven't seen this movie- you should. It's Great!

I read today that The Good Dinosaur is headed to be the first Pixar film to not make a profit and its lowest grossing film since Bug' s Life.

I read today that The Good Dinosaur is headed to be the first Pixar film to not make a profit and its lowest grossing film since Bug' s Life.
That's correct. That being said, I do look forward to seeing more reviews. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No offense to your boyfriend, but I think it was the worst Pixar movie we've had so far. (Yes, worse than Cars 2.) It was Peter Sohn's directoral debut, which is a little unfortunate. (He's the same guy who directed the "Partly Cloudy" short that was before Up!) The Good Dinosaur was plagued with setbacks and even underwent and entire cast change! :-O Plus, Sohn had to take over the film from Bob Peterson, so he didn't really get to develop this project from the beginning.

That being said, I do agree that this is the most beautiful Pixar movie you will see for the next few years. They used twice the number of effects as they did in other Pixar movies. The animators went to Montana and Wyoming to research the landscapes and the graphics come out looking SO real. Despite my disdain for certain parts of the movie (and I do mean disdain), it is worth seeing for the technical beauty.

Even though I'm a huge Pixar fan, this movie just never piqued my interest, not even when it was first announced way back when. I was always more interested in Inside Out. I'm still going to see TGD on DVD, but my prediction that Inside Out would outperform it by far was correct. I'm a bit surprised that it was this much of a flop though!

I'm hopeful that Finding Dory will make up for it, though it has some steep competition in Zootopia and Moana this year. I usually prefer Pixar, but I'm actually more excited about Disney animation's upcoming movies nowadays :( I guess it's the fact they're original films rather than mostly sequels. Pixar has a bunch coming up: Toy Story 4 and Cars 3 are very worrying, Pixars original Coco might be good, and Incredibles 2 may be one loads of people are excited for, but I'm just tired of superheroes. The one Pixar sequel I'd be excited for is another Monsters movie. But Inside Out proves that the public is open to risky originals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter