The Golden Girls Do Disney! ~ FINISHED!!

Wow! Lots of updates. Woweeee at the pics of AKL. I don't even remember that much about the details. Can't wait to go back. Love the sunrise pics too. And I love that one of Daisy roasting marshmallows. I have never eaten at Coral Reef. Y'all look like you were having a great time there!

One of my friends actually dove in the tank once. And some other friends had ADR's during the time when she was diving. Took great pics - what an experience she said, but you do have to be certified divers.

Another great update, Elin. Beautiful sunrise pictures. We tried the night vision goggles when we were there in January and couldn't see much. Maybe it's because the animals were all hunkered down because it was so flippin cold!

Great Pictures Elin Really Enjoying Them. Hope You Had A Great Mothers Day. Spent Mine With My Husband And Our 2 Boys At Epcot This Weekend It Was Very Nice The Flowers Were Beautiful:goodvibes:flower3:

Elin, another lovely installment! :goodvibes I just cancelled our Coral Reef ADR in favor of a second night at Flying Fish. I hope I won't regret that.

It would be lovely to have a savanna view from our villa, but it is request only on the type we reserved. Maybe the view gods will smile on us. It would be unfortunate to have a crummy view for 13 nights in a row. We had a pool view for 10 nights last year which was OK, but savanna would be nicer.

Great update! Love your pictures of the walkway in Future World!:cool1: I never thought to take pictures of it.

I've been saving your review for a night when I needed a pick-me-up, and it is doing the job well... enjoying it and the pictures very much! I LOVE :lovestruc the early morning pictures! All of your pictures came out well, especially knowing some of them are in darker room, you and your camera are doing well.

Too bad "The Golden Girls" couldn't have snagged some of those musical score backpacks, they would have been so perfect!

100_0307.jpg
Stunning!!!!

Really cool pictures of those lights...where exactly can you see this? I've never seen this in my travels...is it a show? :confused3

They are in the pavement on the "shortcut" from spaceship earth toward the archway that brings you to the land, imagination and seas pavillions. So you wouldn't see them if you just exit the park on the "main" path past the fountain. BUT there are simple little white lights that light up on the "main" path.

They are really cool! They light up and fade away and light up again.

I haven't forgotten that I still have one more day to do on this TR. I just don't have any time to do it right now. Work has me running in circles and I don't see an end in sight until maybe a week from now! Let's hope I am wrong... :rotfl:

They are in the pavement on the "shortcut" from spaceship earth toward the archway that brings you to the land, imagination and seas pavillions. So you wouldn't see them if you just exit the park on the "main" path past the fountain. BUT there are simple little white lights that light up on the "main" path.

They are really cool! They light up and fade away and light up again.

:thumbsup2 Thanks! I will make sure to catch this on our next trip! It's these little things that I love so much...like when we ran into the talking trashcan in Tomorrowland...totally caught us off guard! :laughing:

Don't worry Elin we will be here waiting for you:goodvibes.

Thank you! It won't be this weekend. I had a huge concert yesterday/last night and another one today. I have to teach tomorrow to make up the lessons I missed yesterday. In addition to my normal teaching schedule, Wednesday we have our three private student recitals from 5:30-9:30 so that is not looking good. Hopefully soon!!

Thanks for being patient everyone.

Did I miss them or do you have pics of Concierge??? :rolleyes:

What kind of pictures, Michelle? I didn't take a photo of the rooms. Nackie did, but basically they look like all the others at AKL. There are only a couple of shots of the lounge. I will try to find them when I get back to this TR!

I went hunting, just for you, Michelle... ;) I think that this is all we took of the lounge area.

There has been much said about the reduction in offerings on CL, but we were basically pleased with what we could get when we were there. I have to say that the times we did go, things were pretty well picked over. Our schedule did not match up very well with when things were put out (other than breakfast). I also felt that most of the foods were what you see on the buffet at Boma. I am NOT complaining! I like Boma. And we used the lounge for what I think it is intended: a spot to grab a quick bite or drink to tide you over till meal time. Or for a quick, healthy breakfast.

This was in the room when I arrived:
0423001821-1.jpg

So was this little guy!
0423001843-1.jpg

IMG_6553.jpg

View from the lounge:
P1000948.jpg

Arrival day... snack and beverage.
IMG_6546.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

Ann getting a late night dessert and coffee snack:
100_0280.jpg

A view of the lounge from the hallway on the 6th floor:
100_0322.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter