• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I think its more that they are trying different things to make it work for now without raising prices.
We have no idea whether Disney is trying to keep prices down. They could raise them tomorrow.

We have no idea whether Disney is trying to keep prices down. They could raise them tomorrow.
I don't think they will due to the amount of people who have pre-purchased it. I do see prices changing come next year. It would be a PR disaster to up the price when many got it cheaper.

I don't think they will due to the amount of people who have pre-purchased it. I do see prices changing come next year. It would be a PR disaster to up the price when many got it cheaper.

That happens with rooms. I could see them doing it with G+.

Our trip is almost here and I'm still feeling a little bit lost with all of the changes. I've read so many posts, threads, and asked a few questions but my head is spinning! My current strategy for our Magic Kingdom day (Wednesday 6/15) - we will be at the bus stop at 7am for an 8:30am ETPE and plan to do $LL for SDMT and grab a G+ at 7ish for an early (10am or earlier) return time at PPF, Space, or Splash (We are no longer planning to ride Jungle Cruise). Assuming we get an early PPF not sure if it would be best to do Space and Buzz during ETPE, then head to Pirates, BTMRR, and Splash....or do Fantasyland rides like Pooh and Mermaid or IASW during ETPE, then head to HM, BTMRR and Splash?

I'm also planning to use the refresh method for G+ for a few early passes, then switch to stacking for after our resort lunch break. We will likely leave the park around 1pm and return around 4pm. Is this the best method for an afternoon break?

Any advice is appreciated!

Our trip is almost here and I'm still feeling a little bit lost with all of the changes. I've read so many posts, threads, and asked a few questions but my head is spinning! My current strategy for our Magic Kingdom day (Wednesday 6/15) - we will be at the bus stop at 7am for an 8:30am ETPE and plan to do $LL for SDMT and grab a G+ at 7ish for an early (10am or earlier) return time at PPF, Space, or Splash (We are no longer planning to ride Jungle Cruise). Assuming we get an early PPF not sure if it would be best to do Space and Buzz during ETPE, then head to Pirates, BTMRR, and Splash....or do Fantasyland rides like Pooh and Mermaid or IASW during ETPE, then head to HM, BTMRR and Splash?

I'm also planning to use the refresh method for G+ for a few early passes, then switch to stacking for after our resort lunch break. We will likely leave the park around 1pm and return around 4pm. Is this the best method for an afternoon break?

You want to ride the highest wait rides (all the mountains) during the extra 30 mins and when waits shoot up you go to the tier 3 (low wait) rides like little mermaid.

Now Splash sometimes doesn’t open on time, so if you’re ok going to neighboring rides then you can hit that part of the park first; if not, then targeting Fantasyland first.

Be open to things not going as planned. We had JC first and tried to get POTC but couldn’t get anything before 1 pm. When I finally saw 11am the system booked 2 pm. The cancel button didn’t even show up for a good 15 mins (I spent several mins with a CM who had never seen that either). Don’t just accept a time that would have you criss crossing; cancel and refresh. I got 12 pm with refreshing and then we took a lunch break and booked big Thunder at 1:30 pm

We didn’t do early morning (we don’t need to do everything). We arrived at the park at 9:30 am. We left after Big Thunder and had dinner booked at 5 pm (took 2 hrs with desserts to go; so rides were stacked for the evening).

Recent article on the 120 rule (doesn’t look like it’s being eliminated just yet):

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022/06/08/disneys-confusing-120-minute-genie-rule-is-now-official/
Well I grant the author that it is a confusing rule, this article is also incorrect and does not accurately state how the system works. Technically it is not two hours or when you use one which ever comes first. Technically, it’s two hours or when you use your most recently booked one. The way Disney has set up the system, it makes zero sense whatsoever to limit stacking and will likely lead to credit card chargebacks and complaints due to people not being able to use the system due to The times Disney has assigned them.

Largely a good strategy, but even more is to go with the flow. Some days we find G+ to help us knock out heavy hitters early. Other days it fills up so quick we end up starting our stacking early in the day for the evening.

We also do a resort break midday. Usually we start stacking about 45 minutes before we leave the park.

While this may be dependent on the day, we’ve found stacking & closing the park a better method than trying g to get everything done in the AM with MK.

I’m sure expierence on this veries, which is where flexibility comes in.

When I went to Disney in May I did use the Genie + and because of these boards I was alerted not to give up when first booking at 7am that a bit later there are drop times. I am going back in July and practicing again but don't see any drop times or any significant drop times at 7:11 or 7:18 anymore. Did the drop times stop? Thanks

When I went to Disney in May I did use the Genie + and because of these boards I was alerted not to give up when first booking at 7am that a bit later there are drop times. I am going back in July and practicing again but don't see any drop times or any significant drop times at 7:11 or 7:18 anymore. Did the drop times stop? Thanks
Apparently. :( I've been watching all week, and it's being discussed on another board I go to that they are gone.
ETA I guess I should say I've been mostly watching DHS these past few days so, 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Apparently. :( I've been watching all week, and it's being discussed on another board I go to that they are gone.
ETA I guess I should say I've been mostly watching DHS these past few days so, 🤷‍♀️
When I clicked 9:30 am for SDMT right in the dot at 7 am (timed with an Apple Watch), it booked an evening pass (the final booking screen displayed 9:30 am just like the allears video, but the confirmation after payment was after 6 pm) which conflicted with our dinner ADR (the only reason I glanced at it was that the confirmation screen was taking a few seconds and this info was grayed out in the background; I did not wait to take a screenshot or anything).

I hurried to the front desk and got it corrected (there was a 30 min wait at the front desk at AOA fyi). They were able to correct it due to a second drop and open availability from 11 am around 7:35 am.

Has anyone tested if there is more availability for the LLI$ now?

Going to disney, and haven't had genie+ before. I'm reading the stacking rules.

Am I right that it's probably smart to get your first fast pass of the day such that it takes place AFTER the park has been open for two hours, so you can have two fast-passes to work with the whole day? or is it best to just get whatever time is available for the big rides?

I was thinking that it would probably be best to say, if the park opens at 9, try to get your first fast pass for 11, so you have two fast passes most of the day and can double your lightning lanes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter