The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Here now, staying at Coronado Springs. and trying to buy G+ but when I push the button to try to buy, it’s not doing anything. I deleted the app and reinstalled and restarted phones and it just won’t let us push that to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? Here is a ss of the screen where it won’t let us push to buy or go any further. SO frustrating. View attachment 669276
Hopefully it doesn’t happen again but if you’re unable to purchase Genie+ you can call 1-407-939-4357. I believe that number opens at 6AM.

Our plan will be to remain in one park per day and use Genie+ every day. I am hoping to utilize early entry for resort guests as well, both for the slight jump on the crowds and because it won’t be as hot early in the morning. Then will take a break and come back in the evening and use our booked lightening lane picks.

Can someone remind me what time resort buses start running? We will have a car but I was just reading that could be a disadvantage for rope drop at Hollywood Studios.

Our plan will be to remain in one park per day and use Genie+ every day. I am hoping to utilize early entry for resort guests as well, both for the slight jump on the crowds and because it won’t be as hot early in the morning. Then will take a break and come back in the evening and use our booked lightening lane picks.

Can someone remind me what time resort buses start running? We will have a car but I was just reading that could be a disadvantage for rope drop at Hollywood Studios.
I believe it’s an hour before early entry.

To be near the front of the pack for ETPE, it’s recommended that you be at your resort bus stop/transportation station around 90 minutes before ETPE opening time, so that you have the best chance of catching the first bus/earliest Skyliner/monorail to your desired park.

Wow! So for most of these you just booked, rode, booked another, rode, etc.?

Ie: you booked HM after you scanned into Thunder, booked pirates after scanned into HM, and so on?
Yes. I believe there were only two attractions that invoked the 120m rule. Otherwise we just kept booking right as we tapped in. We were lucky as we didn’t have too much back and forth either. We had plenty of time to enjoy snacks, lunch, sit down dinner at Skipper Canteen, etc.

if i have a family of 4 and two of us want a Genie+ ressie for a rollercoaster and two of us want a genie+ ressie for another tamer attraction, is that something that we can do at once or do we have to prioritize one over the other? I know i am able to select who is a part of which reservation but if my avatar and my daughters is booked for a return attraction, can i immediately book a selection for my husband and my son?

if i have a family of 4 and two of us want a Genie+ ressie for a rollercoaster and two of us want a genie+ ressie for another tamer attraction, is that something that we can do at once or do we have to prioritize one over the other? I know i am able to select who is a part of which reservation but if my avatar and my daughters is booked for a return attraction, can i immediately book a selection for my husband and my son?
Everyone's eligibility is independent. If you and your daughter tap into a LL and become eligible to book another but the other two members have not yet tapped into their LL, only you and your daughter will be able to book another at that moment. (Of course, if the LLs in question were the last ones booked and were booked more than 120 minutes ago, everyone is eligible at the 120 minute mark.) When you select a LL to book, the next screen will show you who can be included. You can opt to book something for the two people eligible or keep checking until everyone is eligible. That said, if you may stay separated for awhile (my family always went with a "divide and conquer" approach when our kids were younger), keep in mind that you and another adult can be logged into the same account on the app and be making LL reservations on two different devices.

Here now, staying at Coronado Springs. and trying to buy G+ but when I push the button to try to buy, it’s not doing anything. I deleted the app and reinstalled and restarted phones and it just won’t let us push that to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do? Here is a ss of the screen where it won’t let us push to buy or go any further. SO frustrating. View attachment 669276
I had this happen this morning also. I used the chat feature and they told me what to do. It sounds like it’s a known issue? Here’s their response:
B3F21ED8-6E5A-4FDA-84F2-5C7EA4C29E5F.jpeg

This worked very easily for me. The chat was very fast and efficient.

Edit 5/21/22 - this only seems to work once. I had issues other days and had to either call or just buy it when I went to book my first LL. I hope they get that bug fixed soon.

Last edited:
My HS experience today - was able to buy Rise ILL for 11:25 (at about 7:15-7:20) and SDD G+ for 9:40 (at around 7:25). Great I thought! Plan was to early entry ToT, my favorite ride, which unfortunately was down most of the morning. So we did MF instead, were off by 8:30 with nothing to do until SD. Did a mobile order for woodys lunchbox for 10:10, and sat around.

After tapping into Slinky we ate and had a Toy Story Mania LL for 10:25 ( that went down for a bit but it came back) then got a Star Tours one for 11. ( even ST had a 45 min wait). After checking into ST I looked for a ToT LL . 8:30 PM came up briefly but then they were SOLD OUT! My favorite ride with a 90-120 minute listed wait. I kept trying but no dice. So we left. I kept trying from our resort and just now at 3:30 a ToT LL finally showed up for 4:05. I grabbed it and now ToT is showing sold out again. Weird.

My HS experience today - was able to buy Rise ILL for 11:25 (at about 7:15-7:20) and SDD G+ for 9:40 (at around 7:25). Great I thought! Plan was to early entry ToT, my favorite ride, which unfortunately was down most of the morning. So we did MF instead, were off by 8:30 with nothing to do until SD. Did a mobile order for woodys lunchbox for 10:10, and sat around.

After tapping into Slinky we ate and had a Toy Story Mania LL for 10:25 ( that went down for a bit but it came back) then got a Star Tours one for 11. ( even ST had a 45 min wait). After checking into ST I looked for a ToT LL . 8:30 PM came up briefly but then they were SOLD OUT! My favorite ride with a 90-120 minute listed wait. I kept trying but no dice. So we left. I kept trying from our resort and just now at 3:30 a ToT LL finally showed up for 4:05. I grabbed it and now ToT is showing sold out again. Weird.

ToT is a pretty common one to sell out, no? I think most people recommend making that your second choice after SDD.

ToT is a pretty common one to sell out, no? I think most people recommend making that your second choice after SDD.
Yeah I guess that was my point - I screwed up. It was available for times in the afternoon for a long time and I lost track of it.We are old and don’t want to be crisscrossing the park too much. If I was planning again I would do the afternoon/evening stack because if I had gotten an afternoon ToT after Slinky we would have nothing to do for hours in the park.

Think we had worse luck today at HS. Started at grand good Slinky and RoTR times. Go to DHS at a good time for the start of EH. Our plan was ToT then RnR. Walked down the street and saw ToT CMs out front - bad news but we pivoted the RnR - posted 25 min. Then nothing moving, messages announced that time wait time was going up. Then the dreaded message, it's down. . Got Smuggler's right after RotR. Did rise, feeling good to move on to next adventure - walk over to Smugglers, and then got the bad new it was down now!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!. So ridiculous really. 3 rides down with issues in one day.

Plan would have worked great - if it wasn't for lack of reliability on Disney's part.

Couple of questions:
1. How quickly are LL selling out for Rise, Remy, Seven dwarves, Flight of passage? Specifically for Remy and Rise, if you're not at the 7am window will they usually be sold out by the time the window opens up for everyone else?
2. We are staying at FS and super unfortunately they don't offer guests to book LL at 7am like other resorts (including swan/dolphin) - This might be a little nuts but has anyone heard of someone booking a dummy resort reservation (such as all-stars) just to have that in the profile to be able to book LL at 7am? Does that method work?

I've read a lot of theoretical plans using Genie+ and ILL$. But I haven't seen too many real world plans. That is, strategies that have been used under current park crowds etc. For example, with ToT not operating at full capacity. Please post plans, that you have recently used and that were successful. Looking for plans for all 4 parks.

Haven't been to Disney recently, but I have seen several threads where others talk about their actual Genie experiences. Some are standalone threads and not buried in that 200+ page Genie discussion thread.

For DHS we arrived at the tapstiles at 7am for a 7:30 early entry. We were 10th in line. At 7am I got an iLL$ for Rise for 10:20am. They let us in a little after 7:15 and we went straight to Sunset Blvd where they had a line held in front of BatB for ToT. They let us in right at 7:30. We walked on ToT and then got right on RnRC after with no wait. Walked over to Slinky Dog just ahead of the rope drop horde and got on with a 15 minute wait. Got off and did TSMM with a 10 minute wait. Then walked over to MMRR and had a 15 minute wait. Then mobile ordered lunch at Ronto's. Ate and explored Galaxy's Edge while waiting for our Rise LL to rol around. Walked right on Rise, then went to Smuggler's Run where we had our one and only long wait of 45 minutes. Then we left GE and walked on Star Tours with no wait. Left the park at 12:30 and went swimming.

Perfection. No Genie+.

To whoever moved my original question: I'm disappointed that my stand alone original thread got thrown into this massive thread. I didn't want to be a part of this and that's why I didn't pose my question here. This thread is too big to navigate.

To whoever moved my original question: I'm disappointed that my stand alone original thread got thrown into this massive thread. I didn't want to be a part of this and that's why I didn't pose my question here. This thread is too big to navigate.
I do wish we had a thread just for plans people executed. It’s a lot to read through these massive threads when your trying to come up with a plan.

I’m leaving for a trip in 2 weeks. I would love to post what we do with our party of 7 to help people out, but I’m not even sure the correct place for it. This thread or the Here Now/Just back one? And then it gets lost In the questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter