The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

I'm choosing to ignore weather forecast because of unpredictability of those. However, when I'm done each day I'm going to try to book some late rides as available in case those go down and dont come back up - which would flip to an anytime the following day if down at park close. Just got to figure out what some good ones to target for that would be.

I'm choosing to ignore weather forecast because of unpredictability of those. However, when I'm done each day I'm going to try to book some late rides as available in case those go down and dont come back up - which would flip to an anytime the following day if down at park close. Just got to figure out what some good ones to target for that would be.
I haven’t heard that they will flip to the next day. That’s interesting!

Good morning,

Trying to wrap my head around genie plus, as we have not been to Disney World since 2019. We have a trip planned for this June, and will be buying genie plus for each of the 8 days. On our arrival day we won't actually get into a park until after 3pm (it will be EPCOT). My question is will there be issues with Genie plus attraction availability due to our late arrival and first selection presumably being used late afternoon. In other words will alll the favourite/ thrill rides be unavailable for the most part for booking for an evening visit, once I trigger the first attraction, and then go to book our next one?
TIA for any advice- its all new to us

Has anyone done evening G+/iLL$ stacking for late afternoon/eve hours recently? I'm fairly familiar with the system but have not stacked for evening and know it can be done with a good bit of constant refreshing for later times but anyone have recent experience at DHS doing that? Just saw that the hours for MK on our park day prior to DHS are now 11pm close and EEH are till 1am, which I love but won't love the next AM. I am now leaning to us sleeping in on our DHS day and trying for ROTR at park close, risky I know given it goes down or just wake up for 7am and see what time we might get for iLL$ and hope for a late in the day Rise time.

I know DHS does empty out a ton in the evenings so we're looking forward to that but just curious if anyone's had recent tidbits they can share on late afternoon/evening stacking. TIA!

Hi all! I have a quick question. My friends have 1 day tickets to Magic Kingdom next month. They are all staying in the same Disney hotel room, but they bought their 1 day tickets at different times. Three of the five people have 1 day tickets that includes Genie+. The other 2 people just bought their tickets today, and they don't have Genie+ (because Disney doesn't allow the sale of Genie+ with 1 day tickets anymore). Assuming the 2 family members buy Genie+ after midnight on their park day, should they be okay? I know there have been problems with AP tickets with tickets with Genie+ already added to the tickets, but I wasn't sure about this scenario. Thanks so much for your help!

Good morning,

Trying to wrap my head around genie plus, as we have not been to Disney World since 2019. We have a trip planned for this June, and will be buying genie plus for each of the 8 days. On our arrival day we won't actually get into a park until after 3pm (it will be EPCOT). My question is will there be issues with Genie plus attraction availability due to our late arrival and first selection presumably being used late afternoon. In other words will alll the favourite/ thrill rides be unavailable for the most part for booking for an evening visit, once I trigger the first attraction, and then go to book our next one?
TIA for any advice- its all new to us
You don't have to wait until you are in the park to book LL, so you should start trying in the morning for rides with afternoon return times (Frozen, Test Track) and then you'll have some already in place before you ever even get there.

So I’ve had family in the park the last 2 weeks and I’ve been helping to book lightening lanes from home. At Epcot, Test Track has had a couple extra drops of times in the afternoon, whereas I’ve yet to catch Frozen on a random drop. Now, I’ve not actually been in the park (walking, looking, riding) but instead been booking from my couch or the car rider line after school. BUT if you are lucky enough to catch one (they last 2-3 minutes at a time usually in 10 min increments 5, 5:10, 5:20) then you may be better off booking frozen at 7am and risking test track later.

Maybe ya'll already know this....

My DD24 used Genie+ last Friday at the Studios. I micromanaged from KY. At 7am, we got a SDD LL and RISE LL$. We took the first times offered and both LLs were around 4-5 pm. Seemed late but whatever, it was our first time using Genie+. After we made the LLs, there were way earlier times listed on the Tip Board. We wished we hadn't been so hasty.

DD24 went to AK on Saturday. She planned to leave the park at 2pm and wanted a FoP LL$. Her 7am try had a return time of 5pm, her plane leaves at 4:45pm. She refreshed, refreshed, got a return time of 7:55am. Not good because she was in the FoP queue and wanted the LL$ for later. Refreshed and got a return time of 10pm but it was really 2pm when her selection finalized. She canceled that selection then Genie + gave her hour increment times to select from. That was nice. She picked 10am and got a return time of 10:20.

Want to get some opinions here. We go to DW every summer but first one with Genie Plus. Usually we do one park in the morning then an afternoon break and then another park at night. I am trying to determine how to tour HS. Assuming we want to skip MMRR and RotR, would you go in the morning with the extra 30 minutes and just ride as much as you can with walk on or go to a different park in the morning and just start stacking LL for the evening at HS? Doing an entire day is also an option if that would work best but not what we usually like to do. Opinions please to get the most attractions over a 3 to 4 hour period either morning or evening with Genie Plus.

So I happened to be awake this morning at 6:15 central so 7:15 at Disney and I decided to play with the tip board a bit. Both RotR and FOP $ILL seemed to be sold out but I kept refreshing and sure enough - both had plenty available at 7:17 - nothing at 7:16 tons at 7:17 - what an odd time, I’ll keep paying attention for the next month, but that’s definitely going to be my plan in May if it keeps being that way.

So I happened to be awake this morning at 6:15 central so 7:15 at Disney and I decided to play with the tip board a bit. Both RotR and FOP $ILL seemed to be sold out but I kept refreshing and sure enough - both had plenty available at 7:17 - nothing at 7:16 tons at 7:17 - what an odd time, I’ll keep paying attention for the next month, but that’s definitely going to be my plan in May if it keeps being that way.
It should keep being that way. 7:17 has been a known drop time for ILL$ for quite a while now. Just hope they don’t do some kind of update and change it on us!

It should keep being that way. 7:17 has been a known drop time for ILL$ for quite a while now. Just hope they don’t do some kind of update and change it on us!
Same! I hear so many issues with times changing on people when they book right at 7:00 but not if they wait until 7:17.

Maybe ya'll already know this....

My DD24 used Genie+ last Friday at the Studios. I micromanaged from KY. At 7am, we got a SDD LL and RISE LL$. We took the first times offered and both LLs were around 4-5 pm. Seemed late but whatever, it was our first time using Genie+. After we made the LLs, there were way earlier times listed on the Tip Board. We wished we hadn't been so hasty.

DD24 went to AK on Saturday. She planned to leave the park at 2pm and wanted a FoP LL$. Her 7am try had a return time of 5pm, her plane leaves at 4:45pm. She refreshed, refreshed, got a return time of 7:55am. Not good because she was in the FoP queue and wanted the LL$ for later. Refreshed and got a return time of 10pm but it was really 2pm when her selection finalized. She canceled that selection then Genie + gave her hour increment times to select from. That was nice. She picked 10am and got a return time of 10:20.
I actually didn’t know that you could cancel and rebook a $LL so that’s great to know!

Want to get some opinions here. We go to DW every summer but first one with Genie Plus. Usually we do one park in the morning then an afternoon break and then another park at night. I am trying to determine how to tour HS. Assuming we want to skip MMRR and RotR, would you go in the morning with the extra 30 minutes and just ride as much as you can with walk on or go to a different park in the morning and just start stacking LL for the evening at HS? Doing an entire day is also an option if that would work best but not what we usually like to do. Opinions please to get the most attractions over a 3 to 4 hour period either morning or evening with Genie Plus.
We virtually never stay in one park all day and always have hoppers.

If you do a search on some of my recent posts you will see how we used Genie + on a recent trip in each of the 4 parks. Two of those days included a morning at DHS where we did every major attraction except Slinky, and a day that we started at Epcot and I was able to get 4 LL reservations (Slinky, Toy Story, Star Tours, and Aliens) all with returns between 4:30 and 6 PM.

In general, we take advantage of the early entry to do a few things with shorter waits and then start using Genie+ for LL for later in the day. The specifics depend on which park or parks we plan to visit that day and which attractions are our top priorities. On some days we will get one LL with an early time for our morning park and then start stacking for our late afternoon/evening park. On others we will just start right away getting them for the second park of the day.

For all of the criticisms of Genie+ (including some that I share) it does offer more flexibility to adapt to different touring preferences and circumstances that come up during the trip than any previous system.

Thanks for the reply. Was it possible to get Slinky the morning you went or were they all gone for the morning when you tried at 717 on that day? Seems like it is better to do the morning for tot and rnrc and then evenings for some other attractions so maybe we will do two mornings and two evenings at HS.

I actually didn’t know that you could cancel and rebook a $LL so that’s great to know!

I’m wondering if it’s maybe in the very last screen before you actually accept payment, if so, that would be awesome

To the best of our knowledge an ILL$ Cannot be cancelled and rebooked. Once you have confirmed your purchase it is locked in.

DD24 canceled before payment. Then, she got the hourly time selections. DJFann88 is correct. ScrappinginOntario is correct too.

Don't be too hasty with your LL selections. You can "refresh" for a better time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter