The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Ok, that was my takeaway after reading this. An hour head start is nice, but you also have to be pretty precise with your timing. The previous stacking strategy gives you a little more leeway.

Today was the first day I looked at LLs at 7am. SDD was available for 915am when I looked at 7am, and then was well into the afternoon within 1 minute.

Curious on people's thoughts. If I was doing DHS at 8:30 EE and NOT using a ILL$ for that park and wanted to ride SDD, MFSR, RotR, which one would I pick for a LL and which ones would you RD/SB and in what order (no single rider line usage for MFSR). This is for Sat 12/4, which is supposed to be a lower day crowd-wise.
I'm trying to figure out this exact same scenario. I think I'm pretty smart, but I am really struggling to grasp this "easier" system.

I tried to do the virtual queue at 1PM from HS, and it wouldn't let me. After you go into Epcot, it should let you, if there are slots left. I just paid $7 and booked for late at night.
My understanding is you have to be in the park at 1 to use the virtual que. It fills up fast so not sure there would be groups available by the time you hop

Curious on people's thoughts. If I was doing DHS at 8:30 EE and NOT using a ILL$ for that park and wanted to ride SDD, MFSR, RotR, which one would I pick for a LL and which ones would you RD/SB and in what order (no single rider line usage for MFSR). This is for Sat 12/4, which is supposed to be a lower day crowd-wise.

Well, RotR is out as that is only a ILL$ attraction. Here's what I would do:

7AM grab a G+ LL for SDD (let's say 9:15 per your example).
Ride RotR during EE.
Ride MFSR or anything else you like unitl 10:15 (if possible).
Grab another LL between 10:15 and 10:30. Tap into SDD before 10:30.
Continue to alternate LL for the rest of the day!

Ride RotR during EE.

Thanks! That was my first thought. It would get blown up if it was a day like today when RotR was down around 9am, but I think that's what we'll try to do. We're trying to fit a lot into that day, so using ILL$ for rides in other parks.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you miss your 15 minute leeway window you can not rebook G+ for the ride. Not sure the stress would be worth it. It's a good strategy on paper (or screen) but in the park there are so many variables. I think it would be good to keep in the back of your mind if it works out but not something I would plan my day around...

My understanding is you have to be in the park at 1 to use the virtual que. It fills up fast so not sure there would be groups available by the time you hop
I’ve read multiple reports here from people who were able to get a Remy VQ after 2 PM. So it’s worth trying when hopping, but you do have to be inside Epcot to try. Success might depend on how busy the park is that day.

Ride RotR during EE.
Isnt the risk here that in the time it takes to EE rope drop RoTR , you may miss your SDD G+ even beyond the grace period ? Also as mentioned above, as much as I like the grace period rebook second line plan on paper, if crowds are significant the timing gets really tricky . Also what happens if you tap in first tap within grace period but not the second ? All sorts of variables that can get thrown off on crowded days.

Wow, that would mean that RotR would take from 830 to 10:30 to complete. Is that what people have reported at RD?
Hope not, just curious . Probably depends on how aggressive timing you use at RD. We move fast in my group (EC city living) but if I need to get there hours prior to actual EE, for us at least, it's not worth it with impatient kids. Sounds like to be front pack for RoTR needs a big time commitment.

…..if crowds are significant the timing gets really tricky….
This is my biggest G+ concern. It’s great to see recent experiences and to game plan what might be able to be done on future trips. However, until we see how it all plays out (with available LL reservation times) during a busy period we really don’t know. I’ll be paying close attention to Thanksgiving and Christmas reports!

Thanks! That was my first thought. It would get blown up if it was a day like today when RotR was down around 9am, but I think that's what we'll try to do. We're trying to fit a lot into that day, so using ILL$ for rides in other parks.
The plan above is also what I would do. We only rode ROTR with ILL$, but I would think if you were at the park around 8am for the 8:30 EE, you could ride it and be off by 9am. Then you could probably ride MFSR with a small wait. We rope dropped HS one day, walked in the park at 8:20 and were walking on MFSR right at 8:30 and we were able to ride it twice before 9:15... so the lines weren't getting too long at that point.

The tricky party is SDD. You would want to make sure you were on MDE right at 7am and clicked it immediately... that would probably get you a 10am LL.

So let's say you got a 10am LL for SDD:
8am - arrive at park
8:30 - 9am - ride ROTR
9 - 10am - ride MFSR
10am - walk over to Toy Story land for SDD (remember you have until 11am to get on it)
Ride SDD and then get another LL - you should be able to get Saucers, TSM, RRC or TOT pretty close to the current time... none of these were going very fast when we were there. Then just rinse and repeat LL until you are done.

I’ve read multiple reports here from people who were able to get a Remy VQ after 2 PM. So it’s worth trying when hopping, but you do have to be inside Epcot to try. Success might depend on how busy the park is that day.
This was annoying. I didn't want to run over to Epcot while in another park just to try to join the VQ. They really should let you do it from anywhere. (I did get onto a VQ at 7am once but of course our boarding call came up right when we had dinner reservations.) Once we ate dinner, I couldn't get the fam to go back for Remy...

Generally, our LL wait was 5-10 minutes. So if you did a LL for Spaceship Earth, for example, you might not save any time - but that is not a ride where you really need LL. The one LL that seemed to go slower was Test Track - because they merge you at the design room and then it can still be a 15 minute wait after that.
We waited 30 mins for our HM LL. Maybe it was an off day but it was disappointing for the cost...

The plan above is also what I would do. We only rode ROTR with ILL$, but I would think if you were at the park around 8am for the 8:30 EE, you could ride it and be off by 9am. Then you could probably ride MFSR with a small wait. We rope dropped HS one day, walked in the park at 8:20 and were walking on MFSR right at 8:30 and we were able to ride it twice before 9:15... so the lines weren't getting too long at that point.

The tricky party is SDD. You would want to make sure you were on MDE right at 7am and clicked it immediately... that would probably get you a 10am LL.

So let's say you got a 10am LL for SDD:
8am - arrive at park
8:30 - 9am - ride ROTR
9 - 10am - ride MFSR
10am - walk over to Toy Story land for SDD (remember you have until 11am to get on it)
Ride SDD and then get another LL - you should be able to get Saucers, TSM, RRC or TOT pretty close to the current time... none of these were going very fast when we were there. Then just rinse and repeat LL until you are done.

This (bolded) could well be the flaw in your plan. If you arrive at 8:00 a.m. for an 8:30 a.m. EE, you are at the back of the pack. We arrived at 7:40 a.m. and the crowd for ROTR had already been moved to the holding area backstage. We weren't even close to the front. That said, we were on and off in about 50 minutes (this was pre-ILL$/LL and was strictly stand-by). Those ILL$ must play a role in boarding times.

On another day, we arrived at DHS at 7:20 a.m. and we were at the front of the pack for SDD--front row of the crowd. We walked quickly when we were led to the ride at exactly 8:30 a.m. and I would estimate despite our speed, about 50-60 people managed to roll through the crowd from the back to jump the queue. That waiting game for EE paid off because we rode SDD in less than 10 minutes, moved on to TSMM and then over to ToT and RnRC and finishing with ST (the only rides we planned for that day). We were done before 11:00 a.m. and had to hang around for our lunch ADR.

This (bolded) could well be the flaw in your plan. If you arrive at 8:00 a.m. for an 8:30 a.m. EE, you are at the back of the pack. We arrived at 7:40 a.m. and the crowd for ROTR had already been moved to the holding area backstage. We weren't even close to the front. That said, we were on and off in about 50 minutes (this was pre-ILL$/LL and was strictly stand-by). Those ILL$ must play a role in boarding times.

On another day, we arrived at DHS at 7:20 a.m. and we were at the front of the pack for SDD--front row of the crowd. We walked quickly when we were led to the ride at exactly 8:30 a.m. and I would estimate despite our speed, about 50-60 people managed to roll through the crowd from the back to jump the queue. That waiting game for EE paid off because we rode SDD in less than 10 minutes, moved on to TSMM and then over to ToT and RnRC and finishing with ST (the only rides we planned for that day). We were done before 11:00 a.m. and had to hang around for our lunch ADR.
Good point - so I'd modify my advice to arrive at HS at 7:30 to ride ROTR. Then I think the rest of the plan would work.

This (bolded) could well be the flaw in your plan. If you arrive at 8:00 a.m. for an 8:30 a.m. EE, you are at the back of the pack. We arrived at 7:40 a.m. and the crowd for ROTR had already been moved to the holding area backstage.
Good point - so I'd modify my advice to arrive at HS at 7:30 to ride ROTR. Then I think the rest of the plan would work.

Noted. We're early risers in general, so this is good advice.

We waited 30 mins for our HM LL. Maybe it was an off day but it was disappointing for the cost...

Were you there on 10/29? Just curious bc I heard some people waited 40+min LL for HM that day in the early afternoon, and I believe that was due to the ride going offline right before 12pm. We were tapped in at 11:45am for LL and the ride shut down entirely, they shoved us all in there and made us wait like 15-20 min before ushering everyone out. It was chaotic. We went back at like 6:45pm and waited in LL just 10 min maybe. Although the ride stopped for ~5 min while we were on it, I suspect that it was having troubles that entire day.

Also, apologies if this was made clear in earlier posts... but if you tap into a ride on LL and it goes offline/they usher you out, we were told you have to talk to the CM outside the ride entrance to get it fixed on MDE. Don't do what we did which was go to Guest Services, they basically lectured us on what we did wrong and they "don't do this sort of thing here, but they'd make a one time exception for us" in the most disaproving voice they could muster. Very different experience earlier in the week at AK when we paid for ILL FoP but DD panicked when put in the ride vehicle, and we talked to Guest Services there and they just gave him a refund. A little confusing for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter