• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Garden Grill

My husband LOVES GG. We have found the rolls (with special maple butter), salad (which is made with produce grown at the Land), turkey and mashed potatoes to be really tasty. Neither of us eats fish, so the waiter brings us extra steak and turkey which we appreciate. I am also somewhat of a picky eater and the staff has been happy to accommodate my request for regular butter (even after our poor waiter just got through explaining how awesome the maple butter is!). My only complaint, I like to eat the kids dessert rather than the seasonal fruit adult dessert and in the past the kids' dessert was called Mickey Mousse which they would serve with two Oreo Cookie mouse ears - I liked it so much, I asked for more! They switched the last time I was there to a different dessert - a cupcake in an ice cream cone. After asking our waiter there (and searching the internet too), he told us that Mickey Mousse is unique to GG and is a special recipe that he hopes they will bring back in the future. If anyone knows anyplace else to get it, please let me know!

I don't mean to hijack, but how likely are you to get a walk-up reservation at GG? We just got our vacation package from our TA (we leave in less than 3 weeks), and it contained an autograph book, so now my youngest wants to get autographs from some of the characters--most of whom appear at GG. I *loathe* wasting time in character lines in the parks, and had not booked any character meals because I didn't think my kids cared, but I certainly won't deny my youngest his one and only vacation request, even if it means changing up the itinerary and ADRs this late in the game...

I have tried both during holiday and slow times with no luck

Happy with all the positive reviews- we are reserved for garden grille, was the hubby's choice so I'm glad it was good one hehe :)

Anyone know if we as 3 adults can request items from the kids menu? My 20 year-old son would love the chicken drumsticks and mac and cheese. :goodvibes

Thanks!
Carla

I have had them serve me (an adult) the kid's dessert - as long as you are paying the adult price, I am sure they will bring you whatever food (adult or kid) you want - it is all you can eat so you can try the adult and kid if you want, I would assume!

eh, we had a meh experience. Best part of the meal was salad and rolls.

they were very stingy with children's portions and took a long time to get
them more. The turkey we got was disgusting, it was so salty we could not eat it and the 'dressing' was very dry and just not good. The beef was ok. I would -never- pay OOP to eat there, the prices were shocking, but we were using the dining plan.

Characters were great.

I got extremely nauseated in there, even though it's revolving slowly, it got to me about a third of the way into dinner.
Ride everything in park, and get sick in the rotating restaurant.

Yay! We felt it lost a little something for a few years but it is now back on our list. It kind of has a little of everything disney has to offer. Sit down and relax vs. a buffet but still gives you a few options to choose from...and we think the food is pretty good. Characters. A theme - restaurant revolves and you get to see part of 'the land' boat ride.

But choosing between that and Biergarten is tough. My DW would chose GG no doubt.....not a fan of Biergarten's buffet choices. But I know Biergarten is my one DS's favorite restaurant. And I think my other DS and I would have a hard time choosing between the 2. Pretty much a split decision for this family of 4.

We were there in August 2011 with ADR's they were very behind and we waited 45 minutes and we were patient about it. The rolls and salad were very good. The food was just ok and the dessert was good. It was so-so and my son DS 13 did not like it. We both did like the character interactions. Everyone has their own opinion whatever you decide will be best!!!;)

I would choose GG over Biergarten. I agree with most on GG - good to not quite great food, great character interaction. Neat revolving restaurant. MY DW loves it there because you get fresh vegatbles with your meal, which is rare at Disney.

(We've mostly had very good character experience there, but once the characters were VERY late coming around. We had Mickey right when we sat down, but then the others didn't come until we were done with dinner. We had Chip and Dale show up almost together - which was kind of neat as they interacted with eachother as well as us. But then we had a Illuminations cruise, and asked if it would be possible to get Puto to come over. They said "sure" but then they didn't get him to come. We actually had to ask the family at the table next to us if our Daughter could get a quick picture with him before them. And that was after we'd been in the restaurant for about 70 minutes. The lesson is, even places with good reputations can have bad character experiences...it's our DD very favorite place, so we WILL be going back.)

Biergarten the entertainment is a lot of fun and a very authentic atmosphere, but the show can be very short and you probably will only get one set unless you sit awhile. (Sets are only 20 mintes) The Beer is excellent, but I personally don't care for the food. It's not that some of it isn't tasty, but the meats they use are of very low quality, almost like cheap sausage and baloney as the "meat loaf". I feel for $35 I shouldn't be cheaped out on my food, and that's how I feel there.

We LOVE the Garden Grill. Maybe we liked the food more because we did the Behind the Seeds Tour and it turned out a lot of the food made there was served in the restaurant (that was years ago, it could have changed, but I've seen other reports that food made there has been served in Disney). I loved the character interaction, enjoyed the family style food, and liked the chance to enjoy the ride a little bit more (just in case someone doesn't know, the restaurant rotates through the 'biomes' that you going through on the ride). We appreciated the fresh veggies, too.

We really like Garden Grill. We have been with kids and without kids. The character interaction is OUTSTANDING and we really enjoy the food as well.

Biergarten is on our never do again list (we did not enjoy the food at all and service was awful) so we would choose GG over it hands down.

Garden Grill has always been a fav of ours. I like that they serve it family style. You can request what you want (especially if you don't want everything they are serving (and wasting it if you don't eat it). They have always brought kid food for our dd even though she is a disney adult at 10. We always request a booth on the lower floor. Love their bread and honey butter. We always request more of the vegetables. They are sooooo good.

I have had them serve me (an adult) the kid's dessert - as long as you are paying the adult price, I am sure they will bring you whatever food (adult or kid) you want - it is all you can eat so you can try the adult and kid if you want, I would assume!

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. I'm sure going to give it a try in just a few short days!! :thumbsup2

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter