• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The garden grill not turning

We have plans to eat there in a couple weeks...I hope it's spinning just because it would be a nice bonus. But if it's not, I think it will still be fine. I'm not sure I even told the kids it moved. lol

If folks will continue updating over the next few weeks, I'd sure appreciate it. :) The character interaction and food is good (actually we thought the food was very good) but the highlight for my kids really is the rotation. I made an extra ADR for Akershus (at a weird time - the only option now) and I'll end up cancelling Akershus if I feel sure GG is rotating...but the comment about how it's been temperamental lately makes me a bit nervous. Hmmmm.

Don't let the fear of motion sickness keep you from eating there-the motion is not noticeable at all!

If I recall correctly, it takes one hour to make one full revolution. We could not feel any movement-it was more like we'd look up from our food or the characters and realize the scenery was different-if it wasn't for that, I'd have never known it moved!

Same here. I can't even see how I'd be disappointed if it didn't spin when I ate there. I can't tell it's moving anyway, other than the scene changes and even then I rarely pay attention to what's outside the table. Someone would probably have to point out to me that it's not moving for me to even notice.

Oh man, I wish I was there now! I get motion sickness and won't eat there because I'm afraid I'll feel sick. Sorry to all of you who thought they would be spinning... I hear it's cool, but luckily most of you still enjoyed the restaurant!

My DD gets severe motion sickness and had zero problems with the spinning. DH and my mom both get motion sickness and were fine as well. You do not feel the movement at all. It moves so slowly you literally look up and only if you are watching can you really tell you are moving.

I am very prone to motion sickness but Garden Grill is my favorite restaurant - I don't feel a thing!

So far this year, we ate at Garden Grill on February 20 (it was rotating) and on March 31 (it was not rotating.) Really hope they are able to resolve the issue! Our table did overlook the atrium and the check-in desk, and it wasn't ideal but was OK. I think it would be less noticeable if we were seated further back in the restaurant, and that's what I'll request if it's not rotating when we visit again.

As a previous poster mentioned, would be great if recent guests continue to keep this thread updated!

I would also really appreciate updates. We have reservations at the end of May.

It is a birthday dinner I had to plan for a family member, and I had no idea where to eat, so I based my decision on the food and the rotating factor. None of us have ever eaten there before, and we certainly don't NEED another character meal. We were already doing five! CP, CM, PF, SW H&V, Akershus. :scared:

I will be at garden grill tomorrow. I would prefer it rotate but won't cancel if it doesn't. We like the good and characters. With that said, I will update tomorrow if it is rotating.

Thank you!!! We have reservations for the end of June. Please keep us posted!:goodvibes

Geez... This is disappointing. We have reservations for June 1st and I want it to turn.

Carla

Garden Grill not rotating is like Coral Reef with no fish in the aquarium. It's what makes the place unique. There are rotating restaurants all over the country that manage to keep rotating but WDW with the prices they charge cannot? This is typical WDW management.

Guess I'll make a different ressie for my July trip.

Garden Grill not rotating is like Coral Reef with no fish in the aquarium. It's what makes the place unique. There are rotating restaurants all over the country that manage to keep rotating but WDW with the prices they charge cannot? This is typical WDW management.

Guess I'll make a different ressie for my July trip.

Totally agree--- we love it, but the rotation is what makes it special-- would almost like being at Sci-Fi with a blank movie screen!!!

This is disappointing. I booked it mainly because of that feature. I don't know whether to cancel or keep it for now. We were to be eating there May 20th :confused3

Thanks for continuing to update, guys. I got an alternate ADR for that day and I guess I'll wait until right before we get out there before I decide whether to cancel. If it's not rotating - i will cancel for sure. It's the only reason my daughter wanted to go.

Sounds like maybe we Disers should unite and start writing to WDW about this... It really is unacceptable. I get that things happen. If it were down for a week or so, that would be disappointing though understandable. But having the main selling point of your restaurant inoperable for months, while charging the same prices? Not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter