The Frumps Have Hit the Wall... And No One's Mad. "FART SHOES." UPDATE 1/20

I have never gotten lost on the way to ME...but I seriously carry that little booklet with me and figure out where I am and like have it all mapped out in my head before I get off my plane. :rotfl: Love the movies on ME so much...I cry every time as well. It's just so perfect and really gets you in the mood!! As if anyone wouldn't already be in the Disney mood!! :laughing:

I love your room!! It is so perfect!! I really wish I could stay at a villa...its such perfection!! I love all that space. I love the view too, that is wonderful.

I have impressed CM's with my knowledge as well, but what I usually get is that they think I'm a CM too! Idk why...maybe my enthusiasm or something?? Do you girls ever get that? I'd be surprised if you didn't!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to more!

This may sound really stupid but what sort of make up do you wear when you go to the parks? You look so beautiful in all of your photos.This is my first time going to Disney and I'm from England so not used to the heat, would really love some advice.

This may sound really stupid but what sort of make up do you wear when you go to the parks? You look so beautiful in all of your photos.This is my first time going to Disney and I'm from England so not used to the heat, would really love some advice.

I'd like to know too, please!

Coming out of lurkdom FINALLY! I think it's so cool that I can finally fully understand the joy of riding the "fakeorail" and boarding a Magical Express bus since my honeymoon was my FIRST time staying on property! Going back was just not fun at all although I have to admit that it IS more fun than loading up in the car for a 19+ hour drive home to NY! Looking forward to reading more especially about your DTD nom-ing!

:banana:I'm in and ready for another amazing tripreport!!! It sounds like you guys will have alot of fun moments to share! Can't wait for more! and also happy late bdays you guys! :cool1:

Wow! I'm finally caught up on all the TR's. You girls are keeping me busy between the individual TR's and now the tag team effort. I know this ones going to be really fun to read!
I was looking at the pic of Kristen and trying to figure out what was different and then I realized - no braces! I know how exciting that is. My DS17 got his off the week before our trip. He celebrated with a caramel apple at Karamel Kuche.:goodvibes

I will neither confirm nor deny the allegations that I was reading TRs during a lull in my duties as staff at a National Forensics Tournament.

My lips are sealed regarding the fact that I may or may not have hyperventilated a teeny tiny bit when I saw the frumps were doing a joint trip report.

I could tell you that I then told everyone who would listen, whether they had a clue what I was talking about (very few) or not (more likely), but then I'd have to shoot you.

What I will say, on the record, is that I'm very excited to read along and can't wait to hear more. :yay:

I'm joining in too because...

A) I love the Frumps

B) I am going to be there in 3 weeks!

C) I have nothing to do all day at work other than play on the DIS :banana:

I'm never going to remember everything I want to comment on, but I'm going to try!

I feel the same way about the MCO fake monorail! I love it when I get there, but when I'm going home and have to be on it, I'm almost resentful towards it! It's not the poor fake monorails fault! :laughing:

I've never used the ME before, but I always hear about people getting lost on the way over! We always rent a car, but someday I need to just take the ME so I can watch the movie!

I love the pictures of the entrance sign with the sunset in the background, beautiful! :love:

SSR looks amazing!!! It's weird, I've never really considered staying there, but the more I see pictures of it, the more I think I want to try it out! Especially if I could get a room with a view of DTD! :dance3:

That Aladdin pin is adorable! :yay:

Love it! Can't wait for more! I've stayed near DTD before and it is an amazing view. :love:

I completely agree with your assessment of the fauxnorail. It's all well and good when you arrive, but when you leave....nope, don't want to see it.

The room looks beautiful!

Why thank you! It's so true!​

Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie also! Looooooooove. I need to watch it again soon. Did you know they are releasing it on BluRay sometime in the spring? WOOHOO!

That pin is awesome! I would be torn between wanting to display it on the lanyard or wanting to hide it away somewhere so I didn't lose it.

Kristen, your faces crack me up. NEVER CHANGE.

OH MY GOODNESS YOUR ROOM IS AMAZING. I can't wait to see more pics from the resort. Although...why did you take a picture of the tv without Stacey on it?? This is what Stacey and I think of that travesty.

tumblr_m5ztmjn14D1rv0uqpo1_500.gif

You and me both! Definitely one of the best! I didn't know that! I'll tell Jess!

Isn't it!? I would definitely want to lock it away and keep it safe!

HAHAHA thanks. <3 I don't ever want to because I have wayyyy too much fun for myself.

I KNOW RIGHT! Ahh and I have no idea...I AM SO SORRY. We clearly had nargles blocking our thinking our something.​

Your logic about the Fakeorail makes perfect sense. Sometimes amusing, sometimes just obnoxious.

I am so nervous that my mom will get lost in MCO when she flies down to meet me next month! :scared: Are there a lot of people around do direct you to the Magical Express location?

AHH YAY! You’re THERE! :banana: You perfectly summed up the feeling of driving under the sign, by the way. It’s pure magic. :cloud9:

Thanks! It's so true!

Don't worry, almost everyone that works in that airport knows where it is. I feel like they get that question a lot. She'll be fine! :-)

YEAH YEAH!! Why thank you! I was feeling inspired...so I tried. So magical!​

Ooh score on the rare pin! I love it! :thumbsup2 I’m itching to get to Disney and get back to trading!

I’m so glad the friendly Jamaican CM recognized and respected your Disney obsession. People need to give us DISers more credit, because we’re just awesome.

Wow, your room is gorgeous, and I never realized how close Saratoga Springs is to DTD! That’s amazing!! :eek:

Right though? It was an awesome find! Ahhh soo soon Joni!!!

He really did. He was great! We are awesome, so we totally deserve it.

I loved our room! I didn't realize it either!! It was AWESOME. I seriously just fell in love with Congress Park more and more every single day.​

This is the best trip report ever!!

Kristen, how many upcoming trips do you have planned? From your signature, it seems like a ton! Lucky lucky!

Aww thank you so much!

I have three planned. One in July, one in August, and one in December! Can ya tell I LOVE Disney!?!?​

lol The Fakeorail. I'm totally calling it that from now on. My friend is going to love that. Her favorite ride at WDW is the monorail. The real one. lol

Please do! It's the perfect name. Hahaha I hope she appreciates it! I LOVE the monorail. It's my favorite too.​

I usually get a towncar service to take me to Disney from the airport. My most recent trip was the first time I had ever given the Magical Express a try. I was worried about being able to find the right area because I am super bad at directions and super good at getting lost! I was so worried about it that I made sure to read advice on how to not get lost. And, amazingly, I found it right away. Probably because I was so distressed about it that I followed the advice very carefully.
Saratoga looks really nice! And I would love to be so close to Downtown Disney!! I really love going there as often as possible. I chose French Quarter recently so that I would have the boat to DTD whenever I needed a quick visit.
Looking forward to hearing more!!

Wow! Props to you because I ALWAYS get lost. It may be partly because I'm just too excited to think straight.

SSR was beautiful! I really loved it there! The closeness to DTD was so great. French Quarter is one of my favorite resorts! I love the boat!​

I'm really glad we drive to WDW because I don't think I could stomach the Fakeorail. The interior is not nearly teal enough.

The Magical Gates of Wonderfulness look even prettier with the sun setting behind them.

Your villa is BEAUTIFUL. I love the comforters in your bedroom. The view is great, too! Someday we should get a bunch of DIS girls together and rent a villa for a week. It would be like a week-long sleepover + ridiculous amounts of fun in the parks. :thumbsup2

DISNEY FOOD!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

HAHAHAHA then it's a good thing you do. I know, it's a good thing it's like 30 seconds long, or I would hyperventilate from the lack of vinyl and 90's color schemes.

They really do! I usually get to Disney in the morning or early afternoon, so I don't usually get to see that! It was beautiful!

It was AWESOME and sooo spacious. I loved them too! And the view was just breathtaking. We really should! I would LOVE that!! Jess and I always say that when we do our CP we want you and Lia to come down and stay at the Poly with us and our awesome discount. :-) FRUMP TRIP WITH ENDLESS ROTCOMS. It will happen.

Kara, you're going like SO SOON!!!!! AHH I'm so excited for you!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!​

Yay another frump post! Frumptastic!! Love your guys' trip reports, they're always so fun and you're both so pretty! Excited!!

Thank you so much! Aww thanks!!​

Kristen, I just love that you are clutching Duffy in all these pictures. All of us are eternally about 4 years old. I love it!! haha

Oh man you are on target about the Fakeorail. It's really depressing on the way home but on the way there I nearly pee my pants over it. For me really as soon as I leave the Disney gates I just want to teleport home. I HATE the process of actually getting there. It's just too sad.

You do NOT need to stop! I love your descriptions. You are 100% accurate. I feel everything you're mentioning. Especially how the gates represent hope and expectation and stuff. It's like when people would come to America through Ellis Island and see the Statue of Liberty. LOL.

Hahaha thanks. I love that bear! I'm four. It's fine. NO ONE'S MAD.

Thanks! And also, Kara brought up a good point about the lack of teal in there. It's shameful...

Aww thank you!! <3 It really is like that! It's like the Promised Land for DISers and Frumps! It's so great.​

That's so awesome about your limited edition pin! Aladdin is in my top faves as well. I actually don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like Aladdin. If I did, I blacked them out of my memory.

I love your moment of the CM being impressed with your Disney knowledge b/c that happens to me all the time. It's funny how much your average Disney guest has no idea about. Like, a CM will start explaining something to me that I already know everything about and I just smile and nod and say thanks but in my head I'm like DUH.

What a quaint room and awesome view! It would be so weird (in a good way) to be that close to DTD. I always feel like it's so far.

I have a feeling you went to Wolfgang Puck... :cloud9:

Yeah me too. Anyone who doesn't like Aladdin needs to seriously reevaluate themselves and possibly seek professional help.

Hahaha it ALWAYS HAPPENS. They're just like "Wow, you know a lot!" And I'm like "You have NO IDEA." I'm always polite but in my head I just shoot down their sense of superiority.

It really was! I loved being so close to Downtown Disney!!

Maybe....;)

Better pop some more, because there's a new update coming soon!​

You guys write the best trip reports! They really hold me over between trips to the world. I am especially enjoying the writing together. It's fun to read. I have three little girls who love Disney ALMOSTas much as I do. Can't wait till they can write fun reports.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad! I hope they do someday! I'll read 'em! :-)

I totally agree on finding ME to be so confusing. I seriously get lost everytime unless the ME package is in my hand telling me which side it's on, and even then I usually end up on the wrong floor. Ugh. SO CONFUSING.

GAH! The new busses look great! And the "let the memories begin" part of the movie totally makes me tear up, I totally tear-ed up just thinking about it haha :rotfl: It's so magical! What a great shot of the sign with the sunset in the back, gorgeous!

Saratona Springs looks amazing! I would love to stay there someday!

It's SO confusing! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

They are! Ahhh that movie...it kills me. I loved the sunset that day!

It's beautiful! I absolutely LOVED it!!​

I have never gotten lost on the way to ME...but I seriously carry that little booklet with me and figure out where I am and like have it all mapped out in my head before I get off my plane. :rotfl: Love the movies on ME so much...I cry every time as well. It's just so perfect and really gets you in the mood!! As if anyone wouldn't already be in the Disney mood!!

I love your room!! It is so perfect!! I really wish I could stay at a villa...its such perfection!! I love all that space. I love the view too, that is wonderful.

I have impressed CM's with my knowledge as well, but what I usually get is that they think I'm a CM too! Idk why...maybe my enthusiasm or something?? Do you girls ever get that? I'd be surprised if you didn't!!

Looking forward to more!

Hahaha maybe that's what I should do...me too! It's a beautiful thing.

Thanks! I loved it too! The space was a really nice thing to have with all of us.

That's happened to me before as well! I think we all just portray an aura of sheer love for the place.​

Not stupid at all! We use quite the variety of makeup actually. Thank you so much!! We use Cover Girl, Physician's formula and Loreal Paris to name a few. I think makeup just stays on us really well. I can go swimming and my makeup will still be fine after.​

I'd like to know too, please!

See above my dear! :-)

Coming out of lurkdom FINALLY! I think it's so cool that I can finally fully understand the joy of riding the "fakeorail" and boarding a Magical Express bus since my honeymoon was my FIRST time staying on property! Going back was just not fun at all although I have to admit that it IS more fun than loading up in the car for a 19+ hour drive home to NY! Looking forward to reading more especially about your DTD nom-ing!

YAY! So happy about that! I bet you loved the whole experience! I love to stay on property!​

:banana:I'm in and ready for another amazing tripreport!!! It sounds like you guys will have alot of fun moments to share! Can't wait for more! and also happy late bdays you guys! :cool1:

:welcome: Thanks for coming! We have LOADS. Thank you so much! :-)

Wow! I'm finally caught up on all the TR's. You girls are keeping me busy between the individual TR's and now the tag team effort. I know this ones going to be really fun to read!
I was looking at the pic of Kristen and trying to figure out what was different and then I realized - no braces! I know how exciting that is. My DS17 got his off the week before our trip. He celebrated with a caramel apple at Karamel Kuche.

Yay! I know, we're busy DISers over here!

I am planning on celebrating with one in July, as I didn't have the appetite for one this past trip. Too many food opportunities in EPCOT!​

I will neither confirm nor deny the allegations that I was reading TRs during a lull in my duties as staff at a National Forensics Tournament.

My lips are sealed regarding the fact that I may or may not have hyperventilated a teeny tiny bit when I saw the frumps were doing a joint trip report.

I could tell you that I then told everyone who would listen, whether they had a clue what I was talking about (very few) or not (more likely), but then I'd have to shoot you.

What I will say, on the record, is that I'm very excited to read along and can't wait to hear more. :yay:

HAHAHA well I'm glad that you're reading, even if you can't admit to it! You're hilarious!

Aww you're so precious! I'm so happy you were excited!! PLEASE DON'T SHOOT!

HAHAHA yay! :-)

Joining In!! What beautiful pictures of SSR!!! Can not wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thank you! It's an awesome resort!​

Hooray for arriving and SSR! It looks beautiful! Awesome view too. :)

YAY!!! It WAS beautiful! The view was AMAZING!​

I'm joining in too because...

A) I love the Frumps

B) I am going to be there in 3 weeks!

C) I have nothing to do all day at work other than play on the DIS :banana:

HAHAHA those are all VERY good reasons! YAY I'm so glad you're here! Have fun on your trip!​

I'm never going to remember everything I want to comment on, but I'm going to try!

I feel the same way about the MCO fake monorail! I love it when I get there, but when I'm going home and have to be on it, I'm almost resentful towards it! It's not the poor fake monorails fault! :laughing:

I've never used the ME before, but I always hear about people getting lost on the way over! We always rent a car, but someday I need to just take the ME so I can watch the movie!

That's all that counts!

Exactly!!

You should definitely take it just for the movie. I'm in love with that thing.​

I love the pictures of the entrance sign with the sunset in the background, beautiful! :love:

SSR looks amazing!!! It's weird, I've never really considered staying there, but the more I see pictures of it, the more I think I want to try it out! Especially if I could get a room with a view of DTD! :dance3:

That Aladdin pin is adorable! :yay:

Thanks! The sunset was gorgeous that day!!

It WAS! You should definitely try to someday! The DTD view is incredible!

Isn't it? Jess loves it!​

Love it! Can't wait for more! I've stayed near DTD before and it is an amazing view.

Thanks!! It's definitely a magical experience! <3​

Update #3: Wolfgang Puck Express & Design-A-Tee!
May 11th, 2011

Once we arrived at Downtown Disney, we went straight to Wolfgang Puck Express! Kristen and I decided while we were on the plane that WPE was exactly what we were in the mood for!

But who ISN'T in the mood for WPE at all times!? I mean, let's be real.

NO ONE.​

There wasn't much of a line, which was awesome! The cashier was really efficient. Since we had the Disney Dining Plan, she took everyone's entree orders first, then desserts, then drinks. We were filed right through!

After some indecisiveness, we grabbed a table in the outside/inside room. Then we were brought our FOOD! YUMMY.

I got MAC AND CHEESE. (this will be a recurring theme) Oh my God, it was even better than I remembered! They had different noodles which I was a big fan of! (Usually they are Penne Noodles. This time they were swirly!) Mmm this recipie is too good. It is definitely unique but it truly is made how mac and cheese SHOULD be made. It's just amazing.

dsc0194vb.jpg

Jess is so obsessed with mac and cheese...it's a little bit scary. But I mean I love her anyways.​

I ate the whole entire thing except for the three bites that Kristen took. Hi, my name is Jess and I am a glutton.

dsc0197bs.jpg

dsc0198o.jpg

For my dessert I got a sugar cookie! They didn't have frozen yogurt that night, which I was really sad about. But oh well! The cookie was REALLY soft and it tasted so good. Oh my goodness. I just love cookies.

dsc0199zu.jpg

Kristen got the four cheese pesto pizza. If you all are not aware, we are HUGE fans of this dish. Holy cow, it is so good. I am not super adventurous when it comes to pizza, but this one basically changes my whole perception of fancy pizzas. It's delicious and all of the ingredients combine to pretty much make a party in your mouth. As Queen Stacey would say.... "Yum and WOW!"

dsc0190he.jpg

OHHHH THE PIZZA. THE HEAVENLY PIZZA OF LOVE, FRIENDSHIP AND NIRVANA!* How I adore thee and their deliciousness. The goat cheese, the fresh tomato, the yummy pesto...I could eat this thing ALWAYS. And I wouldn't even be mad.

*Note: NIRVANA in this context does not refer to the 90's grunge band, but rather the Buddhist principle of ultimate joy and contentment.

I thank you.​

For Kristen's dessert, she got the Creme Brulee in honor of dizneeat, who RAVES about it. It definitely lived up to Kristen's expectations! She loved it!

dsc0195bz.jpg

EPIC NOMS.

Dave got the Rotisserie Turkey Club sandwich. He said it was the BEST Turkey Sandwich he has ever had! He was blown away! For something as simple as a Turkey Sandwich, this dish definitely left a lasting impression!

dsc0193x.jpg

Mike got the Salmon and he said that it was the best Salmon HE'S ever had! Wolfgang Puck was a big winner tonight. He also tried some of the Arugula Salad. Mike has pretty much never had salad in his life, so this was a big deal! He said that if he was a salad person, it would be very good!

dsc0192zj.jpg

Seriously people, the fact that Mike tried the salad on this dish is a testament to the power of Disney food.​

Mike and Dave both got the brownie for their desserts! It was very rich and chocolatey! It had chocolate chips in it, and they both said it was GREAT!

dsc0196e.jpg

Katie got the Spicy Chicken Pizza with no leeks. She thought it was SO good. She kept talking about it for the rest of the trip! She said it was one of the best things she's ever tasted. She also got the Creme Brulee for her dessert.

dsc0191bw.jpg

Once we all finished up, we exited the restaurant.

This is what Kristen has to add to that previous statement made by Jess:
tumblrm5oo7yykpi1qfxeim.jpg

We figured that this sign pretty much sums up our lives:

dsc0201oj.jpg

Yup, basically.

We went over to Design-A-Tee next. Our very good Dis-Friend Joni wrote about her Design A Tee experience in her trip report, and I thought it would be the perfect idea for us to try out on a frump trip!

dsc0202hb.jpg

dsc0203jm.jpg

Kristen and I started designing our frump shirts! We chose a pink shirt with Ariel on it, since she is one of our top favorite princesses!

dsc0204ua.jpg

She's the best, let's be real.​

It was so much fun to make! There are a lot of options! I want to make a new shirt every time now so I can get a bunch of different designs!

dsc0207jp.jpg

We cashed out and each shirt cost $27. That's really not too bad, considering a lot of shirts are $34.99. (yes, it's a little scary that I know that lol)

Our shirt would actually be ready in 1 1/2 hours, so we would be able to pick it up at 11:15 pm! Perfect!

dsc0208ci.jpg

WOOT WOOT! Let's go EXPLORE!!!​

Continued in Next Post

WPE looks like it was a great choice for your first disney meal...particularly the four cheese pesto pizza...yum!

The design a tee's you guys did are so cute....I actually thought they were more like 35ish so 27 is not bad at all.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

Love WPE so yummy!!!!!

Awww yay I bet your shirts turn out so cute!!! DH and I found out on our 2009 trip that we were prego and we made baby shirts that said I love my grandparents with Disney design in the middle... we gave them to our parents to tell them we were prego. It was priceless!!! :goodvibes

I’m not sure why I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express. I guess I am living a very sad life.

Seriously, the food looks DELICIOUS. Like, OH MY GOD.

I love the shirts you guys made.
The Flower and Frump Festival! :laughing: That’s awesome!

I really need to get my behind to Wolfgang Puck Express! How have I never been there? Those pictures made my mouth water! We are Earl of Sandwich people when it comes to DTD quick-service meals...but I may have to rethink this one. Oh how I love the DIS, always showing me new and better things about the place I claim to be an expert in!! :goodvibes

WPE looks like it was a great choice for your first disney meal...particularly the four cheese pesto pizza...yum!

The design a tee's you guys did are so cute....I actually thought they were more like 35ish so 27 is not bad at all.

Can't wait for more:goodvibes

It definitely was! Everyone loved it!! AHH I AM OBSESSED WITH THAT PIZZA.

They came out great! I love mine! They weren't a bad price either!​

Love WPE so yummy!!!!!

Awww yay I bet your shirts turn out so cute!!! DH and I found out on our 2009 trip that we were prego and we made baby shirts that said I love my grandparents with Disney design in the middle... we gave them to our parents to tell them we were prego. It was priceless!!! :goodvibes

Agreed!!!

They did! We loved them! Aww that's so special! I love it!​

I’m not sure why I have never been to Wolfgang Puck Express. I guess I am living a very sad life.

Seriously, the food looks DELICIOUS. Like, OH MY GOD.

I love the shirts you guys made.
The Flower and Frump Festival! :laughing: That’s awesome!

YOU NEED TO GET ON THAT!

It is SO GOOD I can't even describe it. You must GO!

Thanks! We're real creative people! :rolleyes1

I really need to get my behind to Wolfgang Puck Express! How have I never been there? Those pictures made my mouth water! We are Earl of Sandwich people when it comes to DTD quick-service meals...but I may have to rethink this one. Oh how I love the DIS, always showing me new and better things about the place I claim to be an expert in!! :goodvibes

Yeah you do!!! It's SO worth the trip!! I love Earl too but I haven't been there in quite a while due to this discovery. I hope you love it as much as Jess and I do! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter