The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic! Update- 11/14

I'm not sure how i'm just coming across your thread, but I am definitely subscribing! You have some amazing photos and all the food looks great. Love your review of BWV! We are staying there next month the week before Christmas and can't wait!

Chapter 27: Pineapple Princess

August 24th, 2012

Twas time for some dinner at KONA!

EXCITEMENT.

dscn2260j.jpg

TIP: You can order the MAGICAL LILIKOI JUICE at lunch and dinner, as well as at breakfast. YUM.

dsc01605ba.jpg

When you give Sarah the camera, this happens:
dsc01607z.jpg

How fart shoes.

THE BREAD YUM YUM YUM.

dsc01611i.jpg

Pot Stickers from Heaven:
dsc01615nr.jpg

Mom enjoyed her Kona Salad:
dsc01616ho.jpg

Sarah had the pan-Asian noodles with chicken:
dsc01618x.jpg

This was a TON of food. Two people could easily share this. She didn't come close to finishing. TOO. MUCH.

Dad had the Tuna Oscar with some DELICIOUS fried green tomatoes:
dsc01619l.jpg

I'm all about that fried green tomato life. Those were fabulous.

Mom had the Panko-Crusted Shrimp and Scallops. She didn't want scallops so they just gave her twice the shrimp!

dsc01621oa.jpg

I had the NY Teriyaki Strip Steak with Sticky Rice and Asparagus.

dsc01620lr.jpg

I always really enjoy this meal. The steak was ordered medium and was nice and tender. The sauce tops the whole thing off so nicely.

Dessert time came along, and Sarah had her eyes on the Kona Kone.

dsc01623zp.jpg

That's every kid's dream. Cotton candy, ice cream, M&M's...look out dentists!

Mom got the Pineapple Upside Down Cake. PINEAPPLE PRINCESS RIGHT THERE.

dsc01624tw.jpg

Go ahead, sing the song. You know you want to.

Dad had the Banana Chocolate Creme Brûlée:
dsc01625it.jpg

Here's where the real Pineapple Princess (aka moi) comes in. I was really craving the magical bread pudding from 'Ohana for dessert, and I asked our waiter if there was any possible way he could make that happen...

dsc01629pf.jpg

BA DA BING. That guy was a GEM. I was so excited!

Noms.

Dinner was so excellent, and our server really went above and beyond for me. We are all huge Kona fans and will most definitely be back!

After dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful sunset and grounds of the Poly before catching a boat over to MK.

dsc01640wt.jpg

dsc01643ik.jpg

This place is so incredible. I cannot WAIT to be able to stay there again.

dsc01645xa.jpg

dsc01651mep.jpg

dsc01660v.jpg

God's grace is so wonderful. So often we take it for granted, or don't believe in it at all. But look at this sunset and tell me that God isn't bringing beauty into our lives. Happiness is the little things, y'all.

dsc01666hu.jpg

We headed on over to MK and had a lovely evening galavanting around the park. Can anyone tell me where I saw this Hidden Mickey?

dsc01689b.jpg

Disney popcorn for days.

dsc01690k.jpg

We enjoyed some MSEP in Frontierland!

dscn2266w.jpg

Cue the music skipping through your head.

dscn2272l.jpg

"You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself."

Continued in Next Post

How awesome! I have never been to Kona, but it looks so good I may have to give it a shot next time I am there!

Whatever you are going through in your life right now, just remember we are all here for you in mind and spirit! Prayers for you! Hope everything turns out for the best for you! Hugs

DEM LASHES THOUGH.
Lovin the DR.
Lovin my twinnie.
Can't wait to see what's next!
Also, best of luck with school! College can be a nightmare, I know that life. But you're so wonderful you'll be fine I know it. :)

Chapter 28: Little Town, It's a Quiet Village...

August 25th, 2012

This morning we woke up to a peacefully beautiful Boardwalk.

dsc01693zs.jpg

dsc01694yp.jpg

We took advantage of the walkway to Hollywood Studios!

dsc01696f.jpg

dsc01699j.jpg

It's a two for one photo.

dsc01702k.jpg

After the food-churning attractions, it was time to actually eat something. Starring Rolls, here we come!

dsc01704d.jpg

That was not a cupcake.

dsc01705x.jpg

That was not a cupcake either.

dsc01707z.jpg

BOOM.

Cupcake.

Delicious.

dsc01709i.jpg

Perfection.

OM NOM NOM NOM.

dsc01711jq.jpg

We digested with a nice drawing class, and we got to draw a CHIPPY!

dsc01713zc.jpg

We love the drawing class!

dscn2299p.jpg

We wanted to catch Beauty and the Beast before it got unbearably hot out, so off we went!

dscn2302r.jpg

Little town, it's a quiet village...

dscn2303u.jpg

dscn2309i.jpg

Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test!

dscn2310q.jpg

dscn2314u.jpg

There may be something there that wasn't there before...

dscn2323n.jpg

dscn2325v.jpg

dscn2328o.jpg

Happily ever after...princess:

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 29: Let's Make a Deal

August 25th, 2012

After the show, everyone wanted to go over to EPCOT for lunch in World Showcase. I wanted to go over to the Boardwalk and grab something to have in the room and unwind a bit, so I headed for the walkway and the fam headed for the Friendship Boats.

dscn2335uo.jpg

No bypassing a photo op!

dscn2336u.jpg

From their boat trip:
dscn2338r.jpg

dscn2345s.jpg

They headed to Lotus Blossom in China for some yums.

Mandarin Chicken Salad:
dscn2348o.jpg

Egg Rolls:
dscn2349ob.jpg

Beef Noodle Soup Bowl:
dscn2350x.jpg

Orange Chicken:
dscn2351a.jpg

They even got to say hello to Miss Poppins afterward!

dscn2352r.jpg

dscn2354h.jpg

Meanwhile, I got back to the Boardwalk and was heading over to the Boardwalk Bakery when I saw Pete sitting at one of the outdoor tables! He was on his lunch break having a slice of pizza from the pizza window. I said hello and he asked me to sit down, and then we talked for about an hour! We chatted all about the Cast Member life and different paths I could take within the company, and he was so very helpful and awesome! It was so great to run into him and chat! It seems that not a trip can go by without us running into each other. It's gotten to the point where we just anticipate it and plan ahead. He's like my Disney mentor!

Eventually, we said goodbye and I finally went to grab lunch.

I got the tomato mozzarella sandwich and the cucumber salad:
dsc01739gn.jpg

dsc01741il.jpg

It was really good! My only complaint is the bread. I'm a bit of a bread snob and the roll just didn't complement the flavors as well as a seeded sourdough or a crustier bread might have.

Wow I'm such a dork.

I also had the Mocha Cupcake, which was super moist and delish.

dsc01732bt.jpg

Pretty soon the fam was back and we all cleaned up and headed over to EPCOT. We were walking through Future World and we saw Dr. Facilier out for meet and greets!!!!!!

GASP. GET IN LINE.

dsc01746u.jpg

dsc01748v.jpg

This is me making a deal with him:
dsc01749w.jpg

Oops.

dsc01750ks.jpg

SO MUCH AWESOME. WHY IS HE NOT OUT ALWAYS.

We said goodbye to Dr. Evil...ahem...Facilier...and headed over to The Seas for dinner at Coral Reef!

We were seated on the second level with a nice view of the aquariums, and three of us ordered the sustainable catch, which was a white fish with scallops and fresh tomatoes, pesto, and risotto! YUM.

dsc01763n.jpg

This was so fresh. I thoroughly enjoy when things are both healthy and delicious.

Sarah wanted to be different so she ordered the lobster mac and cheese. She couldn't finish it as it was really filling, but I think she liked it!

dsc01761eb.jpg

For dessert, we got two Chocolate Waves and two Vanilla Panna Cottas with Florida Key Lime.

dsc01767o.jpg

dsc01768x.jpg

dsc01773cx.jpg

They were delicious! Those Chocolate Waves are so rich and delightful, but one whole one is seriously too much.

We had a great meal, but the night was young, so it was time for some World Showcasing before IllumiNations!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 30: All Around the World

August 25th, 2012

We began our worldwide trek in Canada. I just love the gardens.

dscn2363c.jpg

dsc01782k.jpg

BUNNY!

dsc01783w.jpg

Off to the KINGDOM!

dsc01792h.jpg

dsc01793rf.jpg

World Showcase is so beautiful in the evening.

dscn2366c.jpg

Morocco:
dsc01798a.jpg

MURICA the beautiful:
dsc01802tx.jpg

ITALIA!

dsc01806t.jpg

dsc01807u.jpg

dsc01809w.jpg

Germany:
dsc01811a.jpg

Just hear that polka. Guten Tag y'all.

China!

dsc01813au.jpg

Of course I had to say hello to Norman Jr. My baby.

dsc01812nz.jpg

The sunset was beautiful!

dsc01815y.jpg

HOLA MEXICO:
dsc01816x.jpg

Oh and at some point there was School Bread. There is always School Bread.

dsc01822i.jpg

We enjoyed IllumiNations and visited my favorite Showcase fountain on our way to International Gateway.

dscn2380a.jpg

We headed back to the Boardwalk and went for a swim! I love that pool. I don't even hate the clown.

dscn2382z.jpg

dscn2384h.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 31: Meet of the Month!

August 26th, 2012

This morning we walked over to EPCOT.

We are never not at EPCOT.

EPCOT is just where it's at.

dsc01831fs.jpg

dsc01832x.jpg

World Showcase was totally dead. Probably because it wasn't actually open yet.

dscn2390j.jpg

dscn2392e.jpg

dscn2393m.jpg

I love that archway.

dsc01833th.jpg

Mom and I headed to Future World to ride Spaceship Earth while Dad and Sarah rode Mission:SPACE.

dsc01839y.jpg

We saw the group over at Test Track whose name I am forgetting. HELP!

dsc01841p.jpg

This ride literally never gets old.

dsc01844rx.jpg

dsc01845hn.jpg

dsc01848fn.jpg

After the ride I said goodbye and headed out of EPCOT. I had somewhere to be!

The rest of the fam had some fun in the KINGDOM.

dscn2395n.jpg

Sarah loves looking for lizards in EPCOT.

And everywhere.

dscn2396h.jpg

They had fish and chips at the Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe and a little friend joined the party!

dscn2400i.jpg

He was literally sitting at the table on my mom's purse. WHY did I miss that!? I lurve squirrels.

dscn2398d.jpg

What frumps.

Meanwhile, I headed to a totally empty bus stop to catch a ride to Wilderness Lodge.

dsc01852sj.jpg

dsc01860l.jpg

I met up with my friend Mike and we headed down to Roaring Fork for Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Meet of the Month!

For those of you who don't know, Lou is the founder and leading man of the website/radio show/BEST podcast, WDW Radio! Y'all should really check it out. He's a dad, a really inspirational guy, and the WDW Radio family is all so nice! They all really have a grasp on the Disney lifestyle. I had such a good time! Got some free WDW Radio merch, met some awesome people, and got to chat with Lou. It was a great afternoon.

dsc01861nt.jpg

Then it was off to MK to meet up with my family!

dsc01863e.jpg

I grabbed some lunch at Pinocchio's. I got the Caprese Flatbread, which would have been better without the balsamic glaze, which had a really weird texture.

We had a great evening and watched some Celebrate a Dream Come True!

dsc01880tb.jpg

dsc01885zj.jpg

dsc01887kn.jpg

dsc01888eq.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Subscribing!!! :) That's great you got to meet Lou! He is truly a Disney enthusiast and I love his podcast as well. We were at YC 8/22-8/29 the same time you were at Boardwalk last year. Lou actually had a meet in Edison, NJ which is so close to me and I was actually bummed I was missing it because we were in Disney at POR at the end of June 6/20-6/30 this year. Missing a Disney meet over being in Disney....how crazy is that? lol They were all going to see Monsters Inc and Rainforest Cafe in Edison. That's a solid plan! lol

I love your pictures of WS. It really is a beautiful park.

I'm also loving following along with your families trip. The food, the fun and family.....what could be better.

Anxiously awaiting your next installment.

Chapter 32: Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood...

August 26th, 2012

Hey y'all! So I had a bunch of updates written out, and then my computer died and they were all lost. So these will be a little brief because I am frustrated and they took forever! Sorry about the issue! I hope you still enjoy them though!

dsc01907c.jpg

Dinner that night was at Crystal Palace! The food was buffet goodness with mac and cheese as the center of my attention. I'm five.

dsc01911m.jpg

dsc01912p.jpg

dsc01914c.jpg

dsc01928fn.jpg

Pooh and friends signed a birthday card for Sarah!

dsc01931bb.jpg

Tigsta!

dsc01915lz.jpg

dscn2405z.jpg

dscn2419tp.jpg

Bro moment with Dad.

dscn2421k.jpg

Pooh is so cuddly.

dsc01917fs.jpg

dscn2409h.jpg

dsc01918wi.jpg

dsc01919hp.jpg

Piglet is such a cutie. I forget he's a boy.

dscn2422l.jpg

dsc01922js.jpg

dsc01923xu.jpg

Mommy with Piglet is adorable and a half:
dsc01924pt.jpg

Eeyore is Sarah's absolute FAVORITE:
dsc01925u.jpg

dsc01926ce.jpg

Post-dinner activities:
dsc01935wf.jpg

dsc01940t.jpg

We frumped over to EPCOT to ride Spaceship Earth before it went down for refurb, and we saw a CM with Perry and some stickers!

dsc01956t.jpg

Then we watched IllumiNations from our balcony at BWV while snacking on these lovlies:
dsc01964x.jpg

NOMS.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 33: Kona & Isaac

August 26th, 2012

This morning was the morning that Hurricane Isaac was supposed to "hit," so we decided to anti-park it and head to the Poly for some KONA LOVIN'.

dsc01974m.jpg

dsc02000y.jpg

Our relationship is so weird.

dscn2429jq.jpg

Poly I love you.

dsc01978ko.jpg

dsc01979e.jpg

Some Lilikoi magic and a press pot!

The Samoan!

dsc01980yv.jpg

dsc01981gy.jpg

PINEAPPLE MACADAMIA NOM NOM

dsc01982f.jpg

dsc01983u.jpg

Mama and I shared both so we could have a little of each:
dsc01987zd.jpg

Later in the day I traipsed over to EPCOT to grab lunch and brought it back to the Boardwalk.

Some Udon:
dsc02003jr.jpg

Tempura Shrimp Udon:
dsc02004n.jpg

Various Kringla things:
dsc02014fp.jpg

dsc02007f.jpg

We just hung out in the room and watched a couple of Disney movies until it was time to get ready for our fancy signature dinner! Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 34: Narcoossee's!

August 27th, 2012

That night we were feasting at the Grand!

dsc02016rt.jpg

dsc02021oj.jpg

We scored a window table!

dscn2430u.JPG

LE BREAD:
dsc02028c.jpg

Literally all of us ordered the Filet and Lobster Tail. Epic yums.

dsc02031ky.jpg

This was so delicious! The only complaint I have is that the butter sauce is on the edge of the plate closest to you, so that you-know-what totally went all over me. It was greasy and gross and sort of put a damper on my evening because I was so uncomfortable. Sarah helped me wash some of it off in the bathroom though.

DESSERT WAS AMAZING. Literally some of the best desserts I have ever had.

dsc02033qh.jpg

The chocolatey-est mousse to ever be.

dsc02034q.jpg

Such a fancy twist on Strawberry Shortcake! It was so fresh and light!

dsc02036ly.jpg

THE ALMOND-CRUSTED CHEESECAKE.

Here's the thing. I HATE the way almond extract smells and tastes, and yet I love this cheesecake. I think it was because of the cherries. Those paired REALLY well with it and helped to balance out the potency of the flavors. I should have asked for more!

Since we had a window table and a late ADR, we were able to watch Wishes! while we ate dessert!

dsc02048my.jpg

dsc02050m.jpg

dsc02055yu.jpg

dsc02056fw.jpg

After dinner, we monorailed and then bussed back to the Boardwalk, where food drunk ensued.

dsc02064fi.jpg

dsc02065n.jpg

Just sleeping it off.

dscn2434s.jpg

dscn2435as.jpg

SEESTERS.

dscn24362.jpg

Horseys in the sky:
dscn2438j.jpg

Empty nighttime lobby:
dscn2439bw.jpg

dscn2441u.jpg

This was our last night in Disney. :sad: We were so sad dragging ourselves upstairs to bed. Especially because the Boardwalk is so beautiful and perfect. I didn't want to leeaavveee.

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 35: So Long, Farewell...

August 28th, 2012

This morning was out last day, so we grabbed a quick breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery while we were packing up.

dsc02072m.jpg

dsc02073w.jpg

My Mickey Blueberry Muffin of LOOOOOVE.

dsc02075st.jpg

Please go back and read that in Uncle Jesse's voice.

Final Stacey of the trip:
dsc02077v.jpg

Packed up the Vera:
dsc02080hp.jpg

My beautiful Boardwalk:
dsc02086uf.jpg

dsc02089oa.jpg

Mickey is that you?

dsc02094ca.jpg

I love the red tables and chairs.

dsc02097s.jpg

We stocked up on overpriced Disney snacks to take home:
dsc02105b.jpg

dsc02107m.jpg

We headed back up to the room and on the way I found an abandoned balloon in the hallway! I YOLO'd and took it muaahahhah.

dsc02108db.jpg

img61932222.jpg

I always wanted one of those!

Eventually, we hit the road and said goodbye to WDW.

After the tears subsided (which took several hours...Dad was really torn up) we stopped to have lunch.

We had just gotten some stuff to go at the BW Bakery.

dsc02118a.jpg

dsc02121es.jpg

dsc02123fa.jpg

Hiya pal!

dsc02115g.jpg

dsc02117i.jpg

BEST CARROT CAKE EVER:
dsc02131x.jpg

dsc02132b.jpg

Mickey on the run:
dsc02126dg.jpg

Eventually we stopped at a Bob Evans for dinner, where Southern home cookin' ensued:
dsc02133u.jpg

dsc02134e.jpg

We stayed the night in North Carolina and arrived home late the next day. Oh sadness. But this is not the end! Up next- SOUVENIRS!

Continued in Next Post

Chapter 36: MERCH

August 28th, 2012

Here is all the beautiful Disney merch that was not already pictured earlier on in the DR!

dsc02136w.jpg

Duffy book and pin. I am FIVE.

We took these from the room:
dsc02137av.jpg

Teehee.

A Japanese watermelon soda for a friend of mine who is obsessed with them. He loved it!

dsc02138lh.jpg

Japanese noms!

dsc02139pd.jpg

The cutest shirt ever:
dsc02140i.jpg

This was for Allie. When you squeeze its foot it makes the Perry cackling-ish sound.

dsc02145a.jpg

dsc02146h.jpg

Walt. :goodvibes

This is something in a bag and I have no idea what's in it:
dsc02147b.jpg

I seriously have no idea what could have been in there!

My free WDW Radio merch!
dsc02148nf.jpg

AAAAAAAAND PINS!!!

dsc02154pi.jpg

dsc02157xi.jpg

dsc02158b.jpg

SO MANY GLORIOUS PINS

dsc02163zd.jpg

That Bay Lake Tower pin? Yeah, some kid traded that to a CM in Mouse Gear. I was like UM WHAT MINE MINE MINE.

These were for Al:
dsc02167w.jpg

So that's about it y'all! Thanks so much for being patient with me and my crazy life! I will start the December TR just as soon as I can, and I'll post the link here so it's easy to find! I'll also tweet the link (@disney_frump) It's going to be so much fun to write! So many great stories to share! Until then, hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to some holiday fun! I'm hoping to start the TR very soon to get everyone in the Christmas spirit! :santa: Have a great night y'all! See ya real soon! :wizard:

Wow! So many great updates Kristen. All those pins - score! I have that handbag with Walt on Main Street Disneyland. Coincidently I got it at WDW during that same trip that we met up. I found it over in Liberty Square.

I'm on board for your December TR so I'll be looking for your link. Em and I will be back in WDW in 11 days. :)

I hope all is well and that you enjoy your upcoming winter break.

Ugh, I always get so frustrated when you type an update and then it disappears! But Crystal Palace looks like a good time. I love Winnie the Pooh and friends! And the birthday card they do is so sweet. When we were in Disney for my birthday we ate at Be Our Guest, and they gave me a card signed by Belle and the Beast!

I really liked the tempura shrimp udon from Japan. I had it for lunch and while it took awhile to eat, it was good!

We loved Narcoossee's, we had our first meal of our honeymoon there. My DH also got the lobster/steak, while I got the whole lobster. It was incredible! And I love that you can see Wishes from there, it just makes t absolutely perfect.

And wow pins! Great haul!

I'll be looking forward to your December TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter