The free maps are free for a reason...

We got our maps a week or so ago and we were thrilled with them. I think it is a great marketing job by Disney and just adds to the anticipation and planning of the trip. The planning and anticipating is something our family loves and goes along with the trip. It is just another way Disney adds to the "Magic" of the whole experience.

I love them. I thought they were beautifully and brought them to show all of my friends that have an upcoming trip. When they came in I got all excited and my trip was still months away.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Why complain sbout something that was free?:confused3

I loved mines and will frame them as a great momento.:cheer2:

Yes, I was dissapointed with them. Yes, they were free. So what? Does that change the fact that I was dissapointed with them, and why? No.

Did I put down anyone who likes the maps? No.

It's just that every time I've heard these maps mentioned, everyone's raved about them.

This thread remindes me of the "Too bad XXX is closed while you're there, suck it up" attitude that's so prevalant on this board. So we're not allowed a dissenting opinion, unless it's a popular one??

I got mine the other day and liked them. I just wish they were 4 pieces of paper instead of 2. I could order more so that I could have 1 of each park hanging on my wall.

Yes, I was dissapointed with them. Yes, they were free. So what? Does that change the fact that I was dissapointed with them, and why? No.

It's just that every time I've heard these maps mentioned, everyone's raved about them.

This thread remindes me of the "Too bad XXX is closed while you're there, suck it up" attitude that's so prevalant on this board. So we're not allowed a dissenting opinion, unless it's a popular one??

I'm sorry you were disappointed in your maps. The good news is they were free, so you aren't out any $$'s.

I don't mean to offend, but your post is coming across as though you are really angry about something. You comment that when others post about the maps they have raved about them. I can understand hearing that something is great and then not thinking it is great can be disappointing. But the anger seems a little out of proportion.

The world is made of many different likes and dislikes. Many people love oranges, my DH thinks they are the greatest fruit ever. I hate oranges, don't like the taste, can't stand the smell, not even wild about the color. DH gets to eat his oranges whenever he wants and I don't have to eat them or even be in the same room with him when he does.:rotfl:

To each their own. It's OK for you not to like the maps. It's OK for others to really like them. Live and let live.

I really like my maps, although, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed they were printed front and back. I had hoped to frame them.........but then I got a surprise in the mail about a week after my maps arrived. I received a second set!!:goodvibes
Anyway....sorry you didn't like yours.

Sounds more like a whine than an opinion.

I gotta say, I ordered the maps and was very impressed with them. I thought they were very well organized, clear, and printed on a high-quality stock of paper. I mean, I was really impressed - especially since they were free.

I feel the same. I ordered them too and think they are great! And free-can't be that. :)

I like the maps. I wasn't thrilled that they were printed front and back, and I wasn't thrilled that one of the maps WASN'T OURS. Someone else's name, someone else's attractions, not our map in the slightest. But still free.;)

If it makes you feel better I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I love this board. Found so many nice and helpful people with wonderful ideas. BUT sometimes I am just floored with some of the comments and opinions. I don't think you sounded angry or upset like someone mentioned till this post and I have to say after hearing some of the comments I can see why. I got a post like this when I complained about a problem I had with dining. "What are you complaing for it is free and if you don't like it pay for something else". I just ignored the rude ones.

Just because it is free doesn't mean it meets expectations and I see your point.

That being said.....*sigh* I still don't have one so I guess I can't complain!;)

Having your kids see an attraction on the map that you didn't intend on visiting could be a major problem. Or as one might say, a 'doozy' perhaps.

Is it any worse than them seeing it when they pass by, from TV commercials or from the guides at the parks?

Please allow me to rephrase since my 1st reply was deemed an "infraction":

Having your kids see an attraction on the map that you didn't intend on visiting could be a major problem. Or as one might say, a 'doozy' perhaps.

It will be even worse when you have to walk by the attractions you don't want to visit. So maybe you should show the kids all of the attractions on the map and explain why you will not be visiting certain ones. Then there will be no surprises.

I loved our maps so much so, that I ordered another set! I was disappointed that they were printed on both sides also, but I ordered a second set through my husband's work site and now I can have each park map to frame!:cool1: I was really surprised at the quality of the paper that they are printed on. Very good! I like the idea of the "Treasure map". I had everything marked as a favorite so I cannot attest to the problems that you had. I am going to have my granddaughters mark with the tags their favorite things that we did when we get back from our August trip! What a great souviner these will make!

By the way, everyone is intitled to their own opinions. That is what makes the world go round!!!!

If it makes you feel better I know EXACTLY what you are saying. I love this board. Found so many nice and helpful people with wonderful ideas. BUT sometimes I am just floored with some of the comments and opinions. I don't think you sounded angry or upset like someone mentioned till this post and I have to say after hearing some of the comments I can see why. I got a post like this when I complained about a problem I had with dining. "What are you complaing for it is free and if you don't like it pay for something else". I just ignored the rude ones.

Just because it is free doesn't mean it meets expectations and I see your point.

That being said.....*sigh* I still don't have one so I guess I can't complain!;)

I agree. I was surprised that so many people were upset with the OP for simply voicing an opinion. I haven't gotten my map yet and when I do I may of may not think it's the greatest thing since white bread ( and we all know now that white bread's not so great)....The OP posted hoping to save someone else disappointment...she posted with GOOD INTENTIONS....
now, everyone, let's go back to our glass houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter