The Four Day, teen attitude, bf missing Adventure. FINAL INSTALLMENT PG. 4

Please don't stop now!!! I'm enjoying your report so much, and it's still 34 sleeps til our trip... so I need to read MORE... MORE :yay:

Sorry about that AngVen....I'm working on it and will have it up within the hour!! :guilty:

Sorry for the delay in my report. It’s been busy around here with getting the kids ready for school. I think I am just about finished doing that at least that’s what my bank account is saying!

When I left you, we were taking a break from Epcot…..

Bruce and I were getting ready to head back to Epcot while Katie and Zack decided they had enough of Disney for today decided to stay at the hotel. I think we have worn them out and they wanted a good night of sleep.

Bruce had noticed a message on his phone so he listened to it. It was the nurse from the Boy Scout camp where my son Dan was. She said that Dan was ok but we needed to call her. Panic has started to set in on me and I called back immediately. Some BOZO answered the phone and I told him I was returning a call. I explained who I was, who my son was and wanted to talk to the nurse. He said he was covering for her at the moment and so I told him I wanted to know if my son was ok. His reply was, “well, this IS Boy Scout camp, things are going to happen!”
WHAT!!!???? :furious: Are you in idiot!? Apparently, he has not gotten his badge in sensitivity!!
Then I hear him talking to someone in the room with him, he was saying, “oh…he’s going to the hospital?” NOW I am really starting to panic!! He then says, “What’s his name? Dan ******?”
THAT’S MY SON!!!!
He then tells me, yes he is going to the hospital…………..
Long pause……….
So I say, ok, so I assume his leader will call me??
Well, his leader is standing right here, do you want to talk to him?
YESSSSSS PLEASE!!
OMG!!!!

I really could have KILLED this kid on the phone!!
Dan’s leader got on the phone and explained that Dan had cut himself with his knife and it wasn’t bad but the nurse recommend he be brought to the hospital. His leader also told me that he was very impressed with Dan’s bandaging skills as well as the nurse was also impressed. Ironically, one of the badges Dan was working on this week was his First Aid; little did he know he was going to be his own first patient!! So off they were to the hospital with instructions to call me when they knew more.

Now that I knew what was going on I felt a little better however I felt so sick to my stomach!! I did get a big Katie hug which helps any situation and made me feel a little better!! :hug:

So now, Bruce and I were off to Epcot for the evening. We were back on the bus by 7:00 and we had a great driver tonight!! Her name was Irma. She was very funny!!
In her very dry monotone voice she said, “For those of you lucky enough to have gotten a seat, please get acquainted with those of you standing around you………they JUST may end up in your lap!”

We arrived back at Epcot and decided to see what Mission Space was all about. Both Brue and I have issues with spinning so we chicken out and went for the non-spinning side! We were the ONLY ones in our crew so we had to pull off this mission all by ourselves! I think we did a great job at it! We thought the ride was pretty wild but still glad we went with the non-spinning. I think otherwise I would have been filling up those barf bags for sure!!

After making it back to earth safely we headed over to the UK. I was now on another mission. My sister is a big tea drinker and I wanted to find something from the tea shop for her. Has anyone ever been in there? Very nice little shop but $$$$$$. The tea they have is pretty much the same thing you can buy in any local store for much less. Ok….maybe a nice little teacup. $$$$$$ ok…..maybe not. Don’t get me wrong….I love my sister but I know she would kill me if she knew I spent a lot of money on something like that!! She is one that is thrilled with a good yard sale find!! So no tea goodies for dearly loved sister.

We left the little tea shop of horrors and grabbed some popcorn and a soda and went to find a spot for Illuminations. We found a spot that wasn’t totally free from obstruction but it was still a good spot. We had some palm trees in front of us but they made for a nice foreground subject for pictures.

At about 8:45, we got another call from Dan. He was on his way back to camp from the hospital. I actually got to talk to him this time and HOLY COW he sounded so old on the phone!! He ended up with 3 stitches on his knuckle right at the base of his finger. OHHH my poor baby!! Yea, yea, I know he’s 15 ½ but he is still my son!!

The crowds gathered in around us as it got closer to show time!! Some a little closer then we really wanted!! We were sitting on the ground waiting and there was some people beside us whose fanny was just a bit closer to my face then I really felt comfortable with!!

What a fabulous show!! We have not seen it in 5 years so it was like new to us all over again!

100_8800.jpg

100_8799.jpg

100_8808.jpg

Following the show, we hung back while the masses made their way out of the park. Tonight was EMH and we had our looking-like-we-just-escaped-from-the-hospital wrist bands on and were ready to spend some more time in the park. Bruce was on the web on his phone getting us checked in for our A boarding passes for the upcoming departure the following night. It’s VERY important to be on the A list you know!! :cool1:

We voted and decided to check out the line at TT. We thought it would be beneficial to get into the single rider line. We stood in line for a bit but not long and got up to the pre-show. As soon as the doors opened to get into line….it broke down!! OH it figures!! So we got talking to some kids in front of us….can’t remember where they were from but it was in the south somewhere. I just LOVE y’alls accent!!
The breakdown lasted about 15 minutes or so and they were back up and running. We had a great ride and I really like the outside part of the track in the dark!! I even saw off in the distance some fireworks from one of the other parks….I am assuming they were MK but not sure!

We wandered about Mousegears a little before catching the bus back to home away from home. We had Irma again on our way back and of course enjoyed her humor once again.
100_8814.jpg

The kids were out like lights when we arrived back at around 11. I guess we HAVE worn them out. :tiptoe:

Tomorrow we will be eluding the famous Yeti, trying to get to our soda through all the ice and a very late night arrival back at home!!

Thanks Dismom!!!! Continuing to be a great report.

- glad your son is ok.. I would have freaked out completely with a phone call like the one you got. OMG!!!
- please tell me more about Mission Space -the green experience. I am severely prone to motion sickness, don't do coasters, or spinny teacups.. but I'm fine on things like Kali River Rapids or even Test Track and Splash Mountain. Bumpy, jostling type motion is fine, just not spinning, or up and down stuff. Do you think I should try MS: Green?
- another question: you mentioned calling to get A passes. Are you flying Southwest? We are for the first time (in 34 sleeps :banana: ) and I know I'll be printing out boarding passes from home before we go, but as far as I know Disney cannot get the return passes for us. So when you said that your hubbie was calling, I wondered if this is something we can do also. ***** I just went back to the beginning of your report and read that you flew out of Manchester airport. So now I'm pretty sure it IS Southwest you're with. We are driving 10 hours to fly out of that very same airport... flights were so cheap it made the drive from home (Nova Scotia) worth it) Tks for any info you can share, and I'm looking forward to the rest of your report.

Hi Ang!

as far as MS....you should most definately go on the non spinning!! The only other thing is that its a little tight quarters when they close the door and the control panel moves closer to you. So as long as your not clausetaphopic (spelling!!?????) you should be just fine. It does move around a little but not bad at all!!

As far as Southwest, yes we did fly that. Hubby can connect to the web on his cell which is how he checked us in...he didn't actually call. If you have a way of checking in....you can have the boarding passes printed out at the Kiosk (spelling????) at the airport when you check your luggage. Hubby just told me that there is a service that will check you in for $5 per person!!! I will see if he can find the site for that!! You know you can check in 24 hours ahead of time right??

that is quite a ride to the airport....our travel time to it is only 20 minutes!! Are there kids involved in this ride. Yikes if there is!! Do you still actually save money with the gas prices by driving!!?

Dismom+two said:
Hi Ang!

as far as MS....you should most definately go on the non spinning!! The only other thing is that its a little tight quarters when they close the door and the control panel moves closer to you. So as long as your not clausetaphopic (spelling!!?????) you should be just fine. It does move around a little but not bad at all!!

As far as Southwest, yes we did fly that. Hubby can connect to the web on his cell which is how he checked us in...he didn't actually call. If you have a way of checking in....you can have the boarding passes printed out at the Kiosk (spelling????) at the airport when you check your luggage. Hubby just told me that there is a service that will check you in for $5 per person!!! I will see if he can find the site for that!! You know you can check in 24 hours ahead of time right??

that is quite a ride to the airport....our travel time to it is only 20 minutes!! Are there kids involved in this ride. Yikes if there is!! Do you still actually save money with the gas prices by driving!!?

Wow, thanks for all the info. So what we need to do is locate a computer with internet access the day before we leave, and just check-in online, then have the boarding passes printed at the airport. Okay... I see a trip to Disneyquest on our last day there... that certainly won't bother the kids at all, they LOVE DQ.

Yes, we are 2 families travelling, each with 2 kids. Mine are DD15 and DS11. The other family has 2 girls, 11 and 8.

The flights from here to Orlando (most have a stopover in Toronto or New York) were $2400 and up for the family. With SW, it was under $900. So, no question, even with a couple tanks of gas it's very much worth it. We're looking at it as part of the adventure. We'll leave home around noon on Sat Sep 23rd and with a few stops along the way, arrive in Manchester at about 2am. We've reserved a room at the Holiday Inn (nearest the airport) for the return trip (Oct 7th) and this allows us to park for free for the whole two weeks. Plus, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport - and back. Sooo... if all goes according to plan, kids will be sleeping when we arrive, we'll let them snooze in the vehicles until about 4am, then catch the shuttle by 5. Our flight is at 7am, puts us in Orlando at 10:15am. With ME waiting to whisk us away :rotfl: we should be checking in at PopC by noon, just a mere 24 hours after we left home!! Now, pls pray for me that there are no major catastrophes along the way that throw a wrench into these well-laid plans!!!

WHEW what a plan!! Sounds like you have been planning this for some time!! I hope it all goes well and according to plan!! You will have a great time! The kids are at great ages for this!!

I'm so glad I could help you with your check in issues!!

have a great time and I will getting the rest of my report done real soon but right now its time for Big Brother All Star!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Well fellow Disers, this is the day we all dread! That’s right; it’s the last day at Disney!! All together now…..boooowhoooooo whaaaaaaa!!! Alright, that’s enough, wipe the eyes and quit the belly aching and let’s get the last day going here. We still have another full day of fun in the park.

The final phone call from Mickey and Stitch came in at 6:30am!! OH SHUT UP STITCH!! DON’T YOU HAVE SOMETHING BETTER TO DO!?

Seeing as it was the last day and check out day we had to get the bags together and bring them up to the baggage babysitters for the day. Our next few moments before leaving were trying to explain to the kids that we will not be coming back to this room, that we will NOT be taking an afternoon break back at the hotel.

We evacuated the room making sure we had everything and I KNOW we didn’t buy that much that made the luggage all that much heavier! We brought all of our things up front, checked them into daycare and went to have breakfast.

Before we knew it, we were on the bus for Ak. I went through bag check line with my dorky fanny pack and we were all through the turnstiles’ faster then you can run screaming from the Yeti!

Speaking of the Yeti, we made our way to EE for our FPes. Now with them in hand, we sauntered over to DINOLAND. Katie and Zack love spinning rides so of course they wanted to go on to Primeval HURL. Yea, kids, we will wait right here for you! NOT in the mood for ZZUBING this morning!!

100_8821.jpg

100_8823.jpg

Once they were done scrambling their minds and bellies we thought we would bring them on a nice little jeep ride through the history of dinosaurs. HAHAHAHA HEHEHEHE HOHOHOHO :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Oh did we set them up!! They were a little ticked at us over that one! You would THINK they would know us better then that! :smooth: :smooth:

100_8835.jpg

We came out of there, changed our soiled panties and “OH LOOK…..a gift shop!!”
We did what we like to do best in gift shops, tried on more HATS!!
100_8836.jpg

100_8837.jpg

100_8839.jpg

100_8840.jpg

It was time to move on. Drinks were seriously needed; we didn’t want any more black spot visions like in MK. We stopped and got something cold and wet and headed to It’s a Bugs Life. We have been in this before but we REALLY enjoyed it this time. We were seated closer to the front then normal and it was incredible!! When that can of bug spray comes out and “sprays” us…..I seriously could not see a thing!!! Great affects!!
100_8841.jpg

It was getting close to our EE time so off we went that way. We stopped and Zack and I took up some space on a bench while Bruce and Katie went to get FPes for the Safari.
I do believe while we waited I put a call into dear daughter Emily to see how she was doing and to fill them in on dear sons trip to the ER the night before.

It was now time to face the Yeti. The excitement grew as we made our way through the line. Were we ready for such a treacherous trek through Everest?? Sure we are, after all, its just a Yeti….with big teeth….hairy all over…..big claws….and a LOUD ROAR!!
100_8817.jpg

I enjoyed this ride as much as I did in April; however I think I actually kept my eyes open the whole time this time around. I did not SCREAM like I did before…..I seriously think my body was taken over by a teenage horror movie over-acting actress the first time I was on this ride. I never knew I could let out such a scream!! I think I actually scared the Yeti with that scream…but that was then and this was now and I think I was over the shock of the wooly beast! However, Bruce just told me that I DID scream this time as well.

We all survived EE and found ourselves once again in a gift shop!! OH look!! I have a Yeti on my back!!
100_8855.jpg

We were ready for cooling off so we walked over to Kali Rapids. The line was 50 mins long and we decided to come back. Everyone was hungry so we searched the map for a place to sit INSIDE per order of Zack. We found ourselves at Restaurantsaurs and all got burgers, fries and soda.
Now, while we were eating, Katie was getting frustrated. We asked her what was wrong and she said she was having a hard time drinking her soda through all that ice.
Ahhhh WHAT? Say again??
“I can’t drink my soda through all the ice.”
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Ok there Katie….what ever you say! :thumbsup2 Never heard that one before!

I have really enjoyed reading both of your recent trip reports, very entertaining!! They have really been getting me excited for our upcoming trip.

But, just like all disney trips, your report will end all too soon .... that is until you go again! :thumbsup2

Katie finally gave up on drinking her soda and we were all done with our lunch so we moved on.

We decided to go and get our FPes for Kali rapids but something distracted me. There was a sign at the entrance to a trail that led to Winnie and friends. OHHHH I have to see Tigger!!! OH PLEASE….CAN WE GO AND SEE TIGGER??!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?? Hey wait a minute, why am I asking??? Let’s go family; we ARE going to see Tigger!! Quit your grubbling!!

Off we go tripping down the trail and we get to the end and see Pooh, Piglet, Eyore and TIGGER!!!! OH I’m so excited!!! We made our way through the line and took pictures of Katie with Pooh, Piglet and Eyeore and myself and Katie with Tigger. I felt like a little kid!! I then inform Tigger that he was the ONLY impression I could do. I asked if he wanted to hear it and of course he did. So I did my Tigger laugh for him and clapped and clapped and even did a little bounce for me!! We said goodbye, gave hugs like old friends do and turned to walk away. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and Tigger did the “I heart you” gesture to me, I blushed and told him I loved him too!

100_8859.jpg

100_8860.jpg

100_8861.jpg

100_8864.jpg

Bruce was now wondering if I had totally lost my mind! It’s just the Disney Magic. He tried to tell me that Tigger was supposed to give me that attention; it was part of his job. I KNOW this and I don’t care….I was having fun!

Ok, so now that I had my character connections for the week we were off to Kali. With Kali passes in hand we sauntered over to the Safari. I love this ride simply for the fact that I love big animals, I REALLY love big cats!!!
We had a nice ride, not real exciting animal interaction however JUST after we passed by, a pair of giraffes crossed the road!!! Darn!! Seconds too late!

100_8873.jpg

100_8874.jpg

well hello there feathery friend!!!!
100_8875.jpg

The kids were hungry again so off we went for a snack. We also did a bit of shopping. Katie bought herself a bracelet
100_8881.jpg

and I bought some pins for Emily to add to her collection. I should probably mention here that Emily gave me one of her trading pins with instructions to find and trade for her a Steamboat Willy (the one of him at the wheel) or a certain Stitch pin. Well I hadn’t been able to find either so I bought her a Stitch and a different Steamboat, (I could NOT for the life of me find one of him at the wheel.).

The sky was starting to darken and some rumbling was heard in the distance however we still had some rapids to ride. I was really afraid that they would be shutting down the ride with the impending weather. We got there and they were still running. We jumped in line and prepared to get wet. Bruce was sitting across from me and I was sitting next to a woman who I quickly started to talk to. I whispered to her that whoever goes up the hill backwards will be the one to get the wettest….or so I have heard. We were giggling like little school girls when it looked as though Bruce were heading in that direction. Well, I’ll tell, Karma turned around quick on me as well as the raft and sent US up backwards!! After nursing the bite in my backend, we did get a bit wet although I did not get the wettest; someone else did, not from our family.

We had some time before the Lion King show which would be our last attraction of the park and of Disney. We got something more to eat, frozen lemonade and pretzels. We were attending the 3:00 show and standing in line when I witnessed something I have read on the boards here. PUBLIC PEEING!! Mom apparently didn’t make sure her little boys needed to go before getting in line….they were all lined up watering the foliage! Well if that wasn’t enough, another mom thought that was a good idea and brought her little one over to do the same. I’m so glad my kids have grown up!!

Lion King was great!!! I had never seen it before so I really enjoyed it!! I loved the monkeys the best!!

100_8903.jpg

After leaving the show, we headed for the gate. People were lining up and ropes were up for the parade. I have never seen the parade here but it will have to wait for the next time.

We were on the bus back to the hotel my 4:10.
Our scheduled pick up time for the airport was at 6:00.

We got back to the hotel and Zack wanted to change his shirt and FIX his hair. He asked if we were allowed to use our room. Noooooooo we do not have a room anymore….like we explained this morning. “Well that’s lame!!” Zack said.
He had complained all day that his shirt smelled like his suitcase…..which it didn’t!! So now he wanted to get another shirt…..out of his suitcase….to change into. Hmmmm
Well he never did change his shirt.

I had to do some last minute shopping…..nothing like waiting last minute huh? We had a great gift shop in our hotel so we went into there. I came out with two towels ( one for Dan and one for my niece Felicia) a mug for me….TIGGER of course and a antenna topper for my van at home.

We still had some time to kill so we went to the food court and had some munchies. We sat and talked and of course Katie had to call the Prince!
All of a sudden, Katie and Zack flew out of their chairs and went running across the room. I see the talking to this man all dressed in a shirt and tie!! Katie then yells over to me motioning me to come over!
Well this gentleman was a manager of the food court and was passing through to check on things and as he walked by, Katie and Zack noticed the Stitch pin I had been looking for!!!! Of course he was more then happy to trade with me. I explained how we were leaving within the hour and I had pretty much given up on finding one of the pins for Emily. He explained that he almost didn’t come through but now he knows that he was meant to…..Disney Magic right up to the end!!! pixiedust:

It was time to go and retrieve our luggage from All Star Daycare and park ourselves on the bench to wait for Disney Express. As we were sitting there, my, well…..lets say my upper body undergarment was starting to really annoy me! It REALLY needed to come off. However I’m no small woman!! Ok….lets just say MY maracas are about as big as the ones at the hotel we were staying at!!

100_8556.jpg

All I can say is it’s a good thing I wasn’t wearing a shorty shirt, or they would have been peeking out watching all that went by!!
While Bruce was sitting beside me getting papers organized for our trip home, I did my little back, arm, arm and out the bottom of the shirt and into the carry on bag. Come on ladies…..you know the little trick I’m talking about!! I was so sly Bruce didn’t even notice I did it!!!
All I can say is, I hope my bag doesn’t get checked closer by TSA…..all I need is for them to pull that thing out!

Ok, so the bus arrives and we pile on. We had a couple of other stops before finally getting on the highway to the airport. We were sad watching the “good-bye” tape with all our favorite Disney characters. We were really leaving.

We checked our luggage and made our way up to the gate area. Once again we found our way to the food. Our flight wasn’t until 9:00pm, we all had some pizza, very good by the way and then went and claimed our floor space in the A line. Of course Katie called Prince once again.....

100_8912.jpg

100_9001.jpg

Cameo appearance by John....THE PRINCE!! Taken just moments ago while I was finishing up this report.

and finally we were able to board our plane.

I set up my portable DVD player as soon as we were able and watched a couple of episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond before I drifted off to sleep. We arrived back in Manchester at about 12:15am. We staggered down to get our luggage and out to find our car.

We got home and the house felt like it was about 100 degrees. We quickly opened up all the windows, put on all the fans and the ac in our bedroom and were in bed by 2:00AM!!

The next day we were up and out of the house early to go and pick up the rest of the kids at the various locations. Bruce went north to pick up Dan at Boy Scout camp while I went south to Cape Cod to pick up Emily. I think by Monday we were finally feeling back to normal from our busy week.

Some last comments about our week.
We learned that next time we are renting a car.
Next time, we probably won’t stay on property; I liked the Marriott stayed at in April better OR stay at a higher end resort. As much as I razzed my dear step kids on here, and I really didn’t, I went easier then I had planned, I love them both dearly!! Disney Rocks but…………..There’s no place like home!!

I wanted to thank you all for hanging in there to the end of my report. All of your comments is what kept me gonig to the final installment here.

:wave2:

Oh, goody I'm first.

Very entertaining trip report, it sounds like you had a great trip.

Thank you for sharing your memories.

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed your report! I'm soooo looking forward to my turn... just 3 weeks away.

I loved your *little* bra trick! That's funny. :rotfl: My DH is always surprised at that little sleuthy move!

:wave:

Thanks so much for sticking with the report! I loved it. Tell me something tho..... what does your hubbie's tshirt say... the one that says something about "Pop"? Its in the pictures posted from your last day at AK.

AngVen said:
Thanks so much for sticking with the report! I loved it. Tell me something tho..... what does your hubbie's tshirt say... the one that says something about "Pop"? Its in the pictures posted from your last day at AK.

Hey Ang.

Bruces tshirt says "let me drop everything and work on your problem"

He gets many comments on this shirt!

Thanks for this wonderful trip report.. It really kept me entertained while waiting to live for disney.. :)

I'm really happy everyone has enjoyed the report. I know while I was getting ready for my trips, I read these reports CONSTANTLY!!! I would even print them out like short novals and read them in bed! Obsessed maybe?? :confused3 Could be!! :cool1:

I will continue to ready all your reports as well just to keep the magic alive and well!! No more trips to Disney planned now, MAYBE next April, :rolleyes: we will see.

Thanks again for all your support!! :grouphug:

Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter