The Fountains of WDW

Jays2013

DIS Veteran
The key to keeping our upcoming trip moving well, I think, will be paying attention to what my 8-year-old with special needs likes the most. ;) He does like many rides, but at some point I know he'll need a break.

Those things are music (easy to find at WDW!) ... and water. Specifically, fountains. He loves them.

I know many of the fountains at the parks (I can't wait for him to see the leaping ones at Epcot!), but it's been six years since we've been there. Can anyone tell me some can't-miss fountains at the parks, resorts (we will have ADRs at a number of them) and DTD? Thanks for any recommendations!

Small side question: Is there a fountain anywhere at the Contemporary? DH and DS1 will be hanging out there while DS2 and I are on the Pirates & Pals cruise!

There are some nice fountains in France and Morocco at Epcot. I doubt you have ADRs here, but there is also one at Coronado Springs near check-in. Though small, there is Cinderella Fountain at MK. And don't miss the fountain outside MuppetVision 3D at DHS! I bet your son would also enjoy the new Casey Jr. splash 'n soak area at MK, too :) Wow, I have never thought about the fountains at Disney in so much depth before :rotfl: Have a GREAT time!!

The Muppet Fountain at DHS is cool. There is a splash area between Future World and World Showcase too, not sure if that counts as a fountain.

Those leaping fountains are pretty shabby now. But they still go, just not in sync like they used to.

The Polynesian has a nice fountain in the lobby too.

Dtd has a splash pad type fountain. It is near the Christmas store and the ears store. My kids love it!

And the new fantasy land has Casey jr splash area! The elephants spray water, I want to check that out myself!

Port Orleans frech quarter has some nice fountains, quiet ones!
Canada and Norway in WS both have some cool waterfalls.
Maybe you could do a picture quest with him and try to get pictures of as many fountains as you can. Then he can look back at them once you are home.
Have a great trip!

At the Cinderella fountain - on the back side of the castle, walk around a bit so you can see the crown depicted in the background "on top of" Cindy's head. When we took a MK tour, the CM tour guide pointed out that this was carefully designed to depict her turning into a princess. Have a blast!

If i remember correctly, there is a smallish decorative fountain in the Contemporary near the main desk... but don't quote me on that...

Don't forget the fountains of the Swan and Dolphin - which are easily reached by riding a boat on a lake from either Epcot or DHS... There are ginormous fountains outside these hotels, and smaller ones inside.

The Wilderness Lodge has one of my favorites - although it's more of a water feature than a simple fountain - in the geyser located near the pool. Easy to reach via boat from MK.

Are you looking for viewing fountains, or playing in fountains?

Visually appealing fountains are between Swan & Dolphin hotels too. The ferries from Hollywood Studios / EPCOT stop between the hotels and near the fountains.

And ice cream inside Dolphin at same ground level.......

Both! Even the playing-in ones he often sits next to and just ... contemplates. :lmao:

Mrs. JD, I'm planning an entire scrapbook spread on DS and the fountains of Disney. ;)

Thank you all. I'm compiling a list. It's amazing how DS' quirks are making me look at Disney a whole new way. I think we're going to be noticing a lot of things we're passed by before, because of him.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have to stop and dance at every music performance, as well.

There are TONS of fountains at Disney World. I was planning on trying to take pictures of a bunch too when we go in January. Don't forget that there are ones inside buildings too, like the one inside the pyramid in Mexico, and one in the big main building at Coronado Springs.

OP - hope you all have an awesome trip!

Reading your post about dancing through the parks - one of my fondest WDW memories is from a few years back when we collapsed into a few rocking chairs in Frontierland for a few minutes on a hot day. All of a sudden, a quartet appeared and started playing - a couple of banjos and ?. All of a sudden, my son with autism got up and danced his little heart out - sort of like a jig - all by himself and the joy on his face...absolutely priceless. The musicians, too, seemed touched by his enjoyment and played and played.

This place is magical for many reasons...

In World Showcase, at Epcot, every country has some sort of fountain or water feature. One year we did a picture at each to keep my girls engaged at every country. I think I remember Japan's being especially interesting and at Canada, you have to walk towards the back for a big waterfall. Enjoy, we love the fountains, too! :goodvibes

Visually appealing fountains are between Swan & Dolphin hotels too. The ferries from Hollywood Studios / EPCOT stop between the hotels and near the fountains.

And ice cream inside Dolphin at same ground level.......

Esp at night.

WDW2012-4168-1.jpg

WDW2012-4172-1.jpg

WDW2012-4175-1.jpg

Nobody has mentioned the big fountain in Epcot in the center of future world.

There is the upside down fountain at the Imagination pavillion in Epcot.

Dumbo now has water at the base that is beautiful at night.

There used to be a cool thing in the Innoventions near Test Track that was a video screen that you could touch that was like leaves and water. The leaves would move when you touched it. It was near the "house". I'm not sure it is still there.

Wonder if he would enjoy the fiber optic lights in the sidewalk that you can see at night at Epcot. They are so very cool. They are to the left side of future world if you were leaving the park at night but you have to walk over there to see them. Do a search on youtube for Epcot sidewalk lights if you've never seen them.

What lovely photos! Thank you all for sharing!

lovesdumbo, I kind of remember those! I bet he would like them. :)

It's going to be interesting, juggling a younger son who is going to want to go from ride to ride and an elder who will be happy to plant himself at a fountain/musical performance. I figure DH and I will wind up splitting up a lot. But we want this trip to be great for everyone and that's what DS1 likes the very most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter