• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fountains (Bluegreen Vacations)

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Considering using Shell Vacation Club points to stay here next March (no DVC points available :( ). Any info would be welcome - traffic, condition of rooms, etc. We're thinking we'll go to Universal, Sea World and possibly Cape Kennedy as well as WDW that week.

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I will be stay here next week so I will post a review. I checked Tripadvisor and the current reviews were good.

Considering using Shell Vacation Club points to stay here next March (no DVC points available :( ). Any info would be welcome - traffic, condition of rooms, etc.

Most of the Fountain units are typical Bluegreen 2BRs -- I know with RCI the only exceptions are coded for "Oasis Lakes" (buildings 3 and 4), but I don't know what kind of info you get coming in through Shell. Some of the Oasis units are bigger than average; a few are smaller, but odds are you'll get the average ones unless you pay extra points for one of the Presidentials. We were there right before a refurbishment and our unit was pretty nice, so unless you're concerned about current fashions they seem to be on top of things pretty much.

The resort itself is fair sized, landscaped and with ponds scattered around and a big clubhouse and whatnot. There's a small lake where you can get paddleboats or fish, and there are two very large pools; a heated indoor/outdoor one, and a big one with one lobe that has a double slide and another lobe that's zero entry with a play area, and then a third lobe that could be considered a "quiet pool" (that pool is not heated). The resort is close to the Premium Outlet mall, which has a Disney discount store. There's a Benihana's within walking distance and Dominoes delivery store right there as well (I haven't tried either). There are also a couple of places to eat onsite, memory serves, nothing elaborate and I don't know how extensive their hours are. It's the quiet end of International Drive, but there are more restaurants over near the Outlet Mall and down Apopka and otherwise not too far away.

When we've been there (May), the traffic was no problem going down through World Center Drive or getting on I-4 and taking it down to the Osceola entrance. I know some people go up through Apopka/Vineland with no problem as well, but we only tried than once in an afternoon, when the Downtown Disney traffic was pretty ugly.

It's a great location if you want to do both SeaWorld and WDW -- it's about halfway between the two. Not a bad trip to Universal, either.

Considering using Shell Vacation Club points to stay here next March (no DVC points available :( ). Any info would be welcome - traffic, condition of rooms, etc. We're thinking we'll go to Universal, Sea World and possibly Cape Kennedy as well as WDW that week.

TIA!

I'm so glad you posted this thread! We'll be staying here in September and have been very curious about the property.

We stayed at Fountains three years ago and loved it. Very well maintained and nice rooms. We spent a lot of time on our screened in balcony and even ate dinner out there once (family of five). The pool was very nice for mid-May. As a PP mentioned, Benihana's and Dominoes are within walking distance. We were not super impressed with the on-site food options, but a Dunkin Donuts was located nearby (but it has been three years) and we bought groceries at a nearby grocery store. (The kitchen in our suite was great.)

While there, we visited the Universal parks and Sea World. Pretty convenient drive.

Overall, I would recommend it. We were planning to return next year but booked a Disney cruise instead.

I bought a timeshare here back in 1999 before it was Bluegreen, and I've been happy ever since. We've always been satisfied with cleanliness, safety and service. We prefer condos to hotels for the space, so much more relaxing.

I agree with everything shalom said, plus:

There's a Publix across from the Premium Outlet mall where you can get most groceries, it's pretty convenient, though we sometimes go to the whole foods up on sand lake rd. and the costco (it's a simple 15 minute drive); I love costco steaks on the grill (Fountains has some nice, large gas grills, you just pick up a telephone next to the grill and they turn it on for you) while the kids go to the pool.

I've also used the i-drive i-trolley several times, it stops right out front and goes all the way up and down i-drive from one outlet to the other, and stops at sea world (you can see the seaworld tower from the resort). You might get off close enough to walk to Universal though I've never tried that (maybe worth a look if you're sensitive to parking prices).

My kids (tweens and younger) have always enjoyed the on-site arts and crafts and the evening campfire sing alongs (hit-n-miss IMHO but when they're well organized it is a good time). Not much activities etc. for teens IMHO other than the pool and waterslides.

It's pretty easy to get on I-4 going north, but you can wait a couple of lights to go south (Disney traffic I suspect).

We have never been to the Benihanas (is it good?) but I REALLY LIKE the Panera Bread just down past the Premium mall. I always stock up on baguettes (REAL baguettes not just bread in a funny shape!).

Definitely worth it as a rental. Ownership is a whole different analysis.

We stayed there several years ago when DD was a baby and really enjoyed it. Our 2 bedroom condo was more than comfortable and very convenient for our young family. Everything was very clean and well maintained. Loved the pool area and the lake was beautiful. Can't say much for the food options onsite. We found them mostly to have limited hours and very light fare or snack food. We had a few breakfasts in the condo with groceries we got from the nearby Publix and ate out most other meals.

Since then, they have undergone some major construction with the newer pool/water slide additions and some of the rooms have been updated I hear as well. We are planning on returning this fall with our now family of 4 are really excited about our trip. This time we're just planning mostly Disney with a day off Disney property to do "whatever." We will have a car, as we did before, and the drive to area parks and attractions is pretty easy. Last time we went to Sea World, too, and that drive is really simple.

I think my biggest complaint several years ago was the lack of much else besides other large timeshare resorts in the immediate area. Sure, you could walk, but there was a lot of construction going on at the time and many of the sidewalks did not connect or were barracaded by barrels. I do wish there were a few more restaurants nearby, but perhaps that has changed since I was there last. Oh, and the non-air conditioned hallways (they were outside hallways so I get it but still...in Florida heat it was :eek:) and elevators. That elevator ride up to the 3rd floor without air in it was not fun. But I suppose if that was the worst thing that happened on our vacation I really don't have much to complain about.

At any rate, we're excited about going back. The new pool area looks awesome and the kids are super excited to have their own room.;) And so are we.;)

We booked it! 2 BR for March 7-14. We haven't been to SeaWorld or Universal for years so looking forward to this trip. It will also be the first trip for DH and I alone for quite some time too!

Any additional information/comments/suggestions will be welcome!

CarolynFH: congrats, hope you enjoy it. Our next trip will be this year arriving before Christmas and leaving after New Years. Just post here if you want us to investigate something for you.

I agree with scrappinannie about lack of anything to walk to - except IMHO the Premium Outlet Mall and Publix is close enough for a walk (mind you its not next door, say 10-15 minute walk but that's well under my limit). I don't really miss it that much, and most things are a short drive with free parking, so I can't complain.

Hi ,

We will be checking in Aug 16, 2013 to a 2 BR. (exchanged ia RCI) I am trying to see if I can get the resort email address so that I can relate my preference for unit... anyone have any recommendations for which building/phase to stay in? I knew they are doing renovation but not sure if all units have been finished yet... obviously we preferred the newer units .

Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter