• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The flu shot is in

We get one every year. Our Drs office will hold a couple of flu clinics starting next month. I haven't had the flu since starting the shots years ago, despite frequently being around sickos who thought the shots were pointless.

a few years ago DH got the flu and was SO SICK , he vowed to get shot yearly
we both do it in Oct

Did you normally get the flu before getting the shots?

I did get the flu 2 or 3 times before the flu shot became so readily available. It was really miserable. Once my hospital started strongly recommending the shots for all staff, I've gotten the shot every year since. After that I didn't catch it from patients or visitors, and I didn't have to worry about spreading it to them.

I did not know that something to keep in mind for next year I th some one told me it lasted a year

The flu season is usually Jan - March...it varies slightly with weather and where u live...the vaccination takes 2 weeks to become effective...then grows in your system giving you the most protection within 3 months...then gradually decreases but stays in your system for a year...I work in large healthcare office and we don't even get our shipments until the end of Oct. and never encourage patients to get shots before then or Nov. Unless there is a special need to do so. Hope this helps.

we don't do the flu shot because is doesn't work. wash your hands and cover your mouth and you will be ok. if you are real sick please stay home and keep your kids home as well.

it bugs me as a teacher when parent's send their kids to school sick and I end up sending them to the nurse five mins after school starts. save yourself some time and keep them home.

we don't do the flu shot because is doesn't work. wash your hands and cover your mouth and you will be ok. if you are real sick please stay home and keep your kids home as well.

it bugs me as a teacher when parent's send their kids to school sick and I end up sending them to the nurse five mins after school starts. save yourself some time and keep them home.

Amen

I get parents like teachers get limited time off but it does not make it any more frustrating when you are sending the kid home sick

Can you cite your sources for this?
yup. After having the flu last year (the first time in 10 years that I missed my flu shot and the first time that I got it) I would take even a 50% chance of not contracting it. Even with Tamiflu it was bad. Just because its not 100% effective, doesn't mean it doesn't work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter