The fizz went flat: give me some Disney!! NEARLY THERE!! POST 130, PAGE 9

Aww Claire seriously the story nearly has me in tears. I hope you both have a wonderful time and your attitude is wonderful to life. Have a great time. :goodvibes

Awww Claire you have got me choked up. Just give things time hun, it sounds like you both now how special you are to one another. :hug:

I am looking forward to seeing what ADR's you are going to book.....I am really struggling with mine at the moment.

Wow, what a pre trip report. With an attitude like yours you are just going to be brimming over with fizzy bubbles.:goodvibes I am so pleased you are going back and I think it is totally the right thing to do, yes it may cost a bit but the effects of it are priceless. It is lovely that you will be sharing the trip with your special friend as it will be nice to share the wonders and also introduce the delights to one who has totally no idea what a fantastic place it is. I am looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks for posting these reports The WDW Girly Tour August 2007 (fizz13) *INDEX*, UKDeb is doing a tidy up and they are back on the main page. I didn't want to start dragging up old reports, when they are tidying up so thought I would pass my thanks on here. Sounds like you had a fantastic time then too.

Aww, hope things work out for you two.. Sounds like it's what you want/what would make you happy and it'll be nice to have to someone to share the trip with and to split costs :thumbsup2

Claire - what a rollercoaster!! You have an amazing writing style - I love the way you express everything - I'm hooked!

wow, you are both going to have just the best time.

susan

Thanks for posting these reports The WDW Girly Tour August 2007 (fizz13) *INDEX*, UKDeb is doing a tidy up and they are back on the main page. I didn't want to start dragging up old reports, when they are tidying up so thought I would pass my thanks on here. Sounds like you had a fantastic time then too.

yes we did, so funny that Deb did the index at the time she did, even i went back and re-read them, I never finished it properly but it did go into my pre-trippie for my Dec 07 trip, but i think that was my best trip ever, and there is another Girly Tour in the works for 2011 as michelle will be celebrating graduating uni..and well we just want to do it all again:lmao:

Claire - what a rollercoaster!! You have an amazing writing style - I love the way you express everything - I'm hooked!
Thank you so much. i think me expressing everything gets a bit much sometimes, i do tend to share my whole life story with everybody, and maybe i share too much info but i am glad you are enjoying it, i am very flattered:hug:

Thank you again to all of you reading along, its really nice to know you are all enjoying it, and riding the rollercoaster with me:goodvibes Oh and aplogies to anyone that teared up over my story, I did not mean to send anyone to work emotional! But once again i am flattered that my words moved you, me being in a disney bubble all the time seems to make me see the romantic side of life , maybe a bit too much for my own good as well ;-)

I'll be putting more up later this morning, so anyone wondering about my ADRs, which i can book in 24 days and counting:cheer2:I will be revealing all soon.

Sounds like somebody else has been converted :)

What a great story! I can't wait until August so I can see how fun you guys have eating and drinking in WDW ;)

Now you need you tell us all about the ADRS.....

Before i give you the run down i want to stop and say that this bit is the one that gives me such a ridiculous amount of pleasure:lmao: I am the sort of girl..and i can not believe i am about to put this out there about myself...that alphabetises her cds, who categorises and databases her dvds by certificate and genre, who divides her kitchen cupboards into sauces, soups, fruit etc, who irons each persons clothes in order so its easier to sort and put away...hi my name is claire and i have an organising control freak issue:scared1:
phew, glad we all know that now, beacause when i go into the detail on how i am organising our itinerary and dining it will sound much less scarey now i have got the worst out the way:rotfl: i should also point out that deciding on ADRs has possibly been the hardest for this trip than any other trip, i am taking someone for their first visit to disneyworld which means I want them to get not only the best experience of food, but also show them more to the world than rides, give them a variety of meal types, cater to their tastes, know that they are gonna have the best possible time that they could have and come back wanting to know when they can count down to the next trip, it is all about disney world brain washing at its best:love:
I also want to point out that as August hours dont even come out until tomorrow all of this is based on guesswork on EMH, and the most likely day i am likely to catch fantasmic. fantasmic is disney spirit wrapped into one show for me. It is my most cherished attraction at WDW, what i have to do above all else, so despite all the horror stories lately about uncontrollable crowds and scarey scenes of a 2hour wait, I am not giving it up. especially as the children aren't with me and i think as 2 adults we have a much better shot of manouvering through it all;)
The way i went is pieced it together like a jigsaw. First I made a list of all the restaurants i want to try or would try again. the i grouped these by park and area so that when i laid out where we were going to be i could go to my list and pick what i thought would fit best. then i make a chart for the week, with days down the left side and time intervals at the top, so i slice it off like a school timetable by park and free time. So timetable....bare bones of park time...ADRs added around that. Actually many of you probably do it the same way. i make it a rule to avoid EMH generally as i figure that park is going to be a people magnet, unless its my last night, then al rules out the window.
Right, thats all the waffle out the way and possible the longest intro into an itinerary ever on the DIS, my apologies. itinerary in next post i promise!:hug:

so here we go, the run down for our week..as it stands now of course...could all change in a week...oh stop it woman:lmao:

AUGUST 22-29
7 nights, Pop Century, 8 day park hoppers, dining plan

22- Flight lands at 4:24pm, ME to Pop hopefully for 6pm. Dump our stuff and get to MK. Pick up my birthday gift card:cheer2: and get birthday badge from Guest Services. No plan really, just enjoy, want to ride Splash Mtn though, see Wishes.

23-AK want 8am seating at Tusker House, stay as long as we want, probably till around 2 at latest (august heat:rolleyes:). rest/ swim, head to Downtown Disney, dinner at Raglan Road

24- Epcot tour Future World, lunch at Rose and Crown, leave the park. rest/ swim, over to AKL for Boma dinner late

25- MK, 8am seating at Crystal Palace, tour till around 1pm. rest/ swim, head to DS for dinner at 50's Prime Time and fantasmic

26- lazy morning, lie in, chill at Pop, head to Epcot for late lunch at Tokyo Dining, tour World showcase and see illuminations

27- DS, tour as long as we want, then over to poly for Ohana dinner, and cocktails in a hammock on the beach:love:

28- waterpark/ shopping day, just enjoy! early dinner at california grill, then into MK to ride any we missed and favourites, could be EMH that night which would be great!

29- pack up, back to whichever park he likes for last visit, ME pick up around 3pm.

so there ya go, the bare bones of our trip. and if you are good at maths and adding that up on the way i am making more ADRs than i have credits, yep i cant help it, i love disney food:goodvibes.
will take you through my ADR choices one by one:

Tusker house- did the breakfast last time, loved the amazing range of food, all the main characters are here so i can hit them in one go, day late birthday treat meal, in the park before it opens which I love, will probably pay OOP.

Raglan Rd- great food, think he will like the entertainment and pub feel, will be nice way to enjoy a DTD night

Rose and crown- i am trying to work my way round all the WS restaurants and i still havent done this one, lunch menu looks much nicer than dinner, quick way to see bit of WS before we tour another day, will feel familiar for him and a pub:lmao:

Boma- i am showing off the AKL tonight. Jiko and sannaa i am just not sold on their menus and this is such a fab range of food, really enjoyed it years ago and wanted to come back for ages.

Crystal palace- this is the one I may cancel. in the park before it opens again:love:, love breakfast buffets, more characters for me. would be OOP.

50s prime Time- again may cancel this one but has my fav menu item in all of wdw, pot roast!!!!! i think will be interesting for him to experience this restaurant, we have to eat dinner somewhere, dont want to do fantasmic dinner package this time. HBD is 2 credits, Hollywood and vine is a no way for me, mama melrose i have eaten at for last 3 trips and i am sort of fed up with it. i always have a good time and a good meal here.

Tokyo Dining- we share a passion for sushi in a big way so had to fit this in somewhere, we wont be eating a huge meal here so will pay OOP

Ohana- well i have to show him my fav resort, the Poly:cloud9:Kona is still on my to do list but if you are bringing someone for the first time who is a total meat lover then ohana is it really, even better if we get a window seat to watch the world. i just know he will love it here. and combine it with cocktails on the beach after and reflecting on the week..pretty perfect really..please do not rain on me this night!!

california grill- well its the last night and nowhere better to come. this is the one he saw on the planning dvd that really got his attention. the view will be stunning, the food will be fab, and we are positioned right next to MK to get in last night fun, what a great last night it should be.

so there ya go, hope you like my choices. if anyone has some better suggestions now you have seen where we are going to be then please let me know. i am sad that i cant find a way to fit the epcot resort area into it but Spoodles is closed right now, i am not an ice cream big lover so beaches and cream i have been there done that, Flying Fish is two credits, i would love to go to Bluezoo, its so amazing, but its not on the dining plan so just a bit too pricey for me.. and as its august looking round in the day is gonna be way too hot. maybe we should stroll round after Illuminations actually. right will leave it there for now and let me know what you think.

Claire all your plans sound amazing:thumbsup2

my brain is being pickled at the moment with all the adr,s i will need to make for next years trip :upsidedow

What a rollercoaster of a pre-trip report!!! :upsidedow It sounds like a great trip you have planned, I love Pop Century, you can watch Illuminations from the balcony :goodvibes I hope it all works out and you have an amazing time, you certainly deserve it :wizard:

Claire glad to hear that you are looking at a great big beautiful tommorrow :goodvibes:grouphug:

Claire great choices. I see you have gone for 50s Prime Time again. Hope he likes his greens. Will you warn him first? Have a cosmopolitan for me.

Can't wait to read more. so excited for you. wish i could be there too but have to wait for next year.

loads of love

susan

Your plans sound fab. I will be trying Ohana, Raglan Road & Cali Grill all for the first time in Sept (up until our trip last december we hadn't eaten at many onsite restaurants before) so I am looking forward to trying them.

You mention Blue Zoo, I was thinking of going there but haven't seen that many reviews for it on here....what do you think of it?

Your plans sound fab. I will be trying Ohana, Raglan Road & Cali Grill all for the first time in Sept (up until our trip last december we hadn't eaten at many onsite restaurants before) so I am looking forward to trying them.

You mention Blue Zoo, I was thinking of going there but haven't seen that many reviews for it on here....what do you think of it?

I can not say enough amazing things about bluezoo!! From the moment you step into the fab decor, with blues and lighting that give this under the sea vibe, sort of elegant curtains draped and lit pillars and its quite a big space they have there. you can see the fish turning while they cook (called dancing fish), we had a drink at the bar first, they have some great cocktails and i highly recommend the Zooberry! we had a fab server who explained the menu really well. the breads alone were worth a visit! and every course I had just got better and better, i am not a fish person usually but this was just to die for. If you like seafood and can afford it i saw some amazing iced fresh seafood coming out the kitchen, oysters, king prawns etc. i had the scallops starter and it blew me away. the tables were nicely space out so it felt private enough but not too singled out. this has the potential to be one of the most romantic restaurants on property.
The only downer was that the night we were there they had a large party in and they were having a very merry time. as the space has quite high ceilings the noise seemed to carry quite well, which did spoil the ambience a bit. and as the Dolphin is a convention hotel there is a good chance you could get other large parties. having said that no way would this put me off because the decor, service and food is THAT GOOD!!!! it ranks as my no1 on property and i am so sad i cant afford it this time. Oh little bonus: we finished our meal just before 9 and our server said if we popped out of the door just by the entrance to Bluezoo it would be a great way to enjoy illuminations (the top of it anyway) and yes it sort of ended the night perfectly.

wow i may have got carried away there:rotfl:seriously if you can, GO TO BLUEZOO!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter