• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The FINAL (?!) Jodi Arias thread (Penalty Phase retrial verdict)

What do you THINK the penalty phase verdict will be?

• Death

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Life

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am on call :(
Hopefully I can be here with all of you.
Sssooo...are you on call at home? And what are the chances that you'll be called? And, can you switch with someone? ;) J/K But isn't that always the way. The one day...
Perryville is a dump compared to what she's in now.
Bummer, huh? ;) :yay:

Now thats some good news..... She's lived better than she should have for the last 7 years....

I will be right here!!!
Less than 7 full days...:thumbsup2

I am excited for us to be together! She has had it good for to long.
:thumbsup2

Sssooo...are you on call at home? And what are the chances that you'll be called? And, can you switch with someone? ;) J/K But isn't that always the way. The one day...Bummer, huh? ;) :yay:

Less than 7 full days...:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Yes, from home unless I get called in.
Always a chance I'll get called in.
I took a week's vacation for the verdict in CA...... what a waste of vaca!

So glad you will be here Mare!:thumbsup2
Me too! I hope most of us will be here.
Yes, from home unless I get called in.
Always a chance I'll get called in.
I took a week's vacation for the verdict in CA...... what a waste of vaca!
Well the good news is it will play over and over and over again on HLN. (Grasping at straws here, calling that GOOD news.) But maybe you'll manage to be home for the actual sentencing part.
Troy Hayden @troyhaydenfox10 · 4h4 hours ago
Judge has set aside entire day of 4/13 for #JodiArias sentencing. Members of Alexander family expected to speak. No word on Arias herself.
I wonder exactly what that means. Lots of speaking on both sides? Will Jodi's family speak? It seems like judge whatsername's mind should be long ago made up. And hasn't everyone who has something to say already said it? It should be interesting.

Me too! I hope most of us will be here. Well the good news is it will play over and over and over again on HLN. (Grasping at straws here, calling that GOOD news.) But maybe you'll manage to be home for the actual sentencing part. I wonder exactly what that means. Lots of speaking on both sides? Will Jodi's family speak? It seems like judge whatsername's mind should be long ago made up. And hasn't everyone who has something to say already said it? It should be interesting.
That is interesting, since no one said a word on her behalf before. What could they possibly have to say?

That is interesting, since no one said a word on her behalf before. What could they possibly have to say?

Well maybe NOW they will say "you should have sentenced her to death"..... :sad2:

Ok kids. Last weekend before what better be- THE END. I know it won't actually be the end, but one can hope. What are you all doing this last weekend?

Ok kids. Last weekend before what better be- THE END. I know it won't actually be the end, but one can hope. What are you all doing this last weekend?

I hope you haven't jinxed Monday's date of sentencing by talking about it, I'm gonna hold my breath now that all goes as it should... on Monday.

And I'm hoping you aren't called on Monday to go into work. :goodvibes

I hope you haven't jinxed Monday's date of sentencing by talking about it, I'm gonna hold my breath now that all goes as it should... on Monday.

And I'm hoping you aren't called on Monday to go into work. :goodvibes
I certainly HOPE I didn't jinx it!
And thanks, me too.

I expect no parole. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend. I would love to try that new salted carmel ice cream from dairy queen. But doubt I will.

Well since we're talking about it, certainly no one expects Jodi to get any sentence that includes parole.
I don't think anyone expects it, but since when has the expected actually happened! LOL

I expect no parole. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend. I would love to try that new salted carmel ice cream from dairy queen. But doubt I will.
Oh yum. That sounds good.

Here's an alternative for you: http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-cup-7-eleven-slurpee-20150408-story.html

I don't think anyone expects it, but since when has the expected actually happened! LOL

That's what worries me, one never knows what's going to happen in this trial.

Less than two days. LWOP, for sure. We hope.

I was just wondering (above) if her family can/will speak on her behalf at the sentencing. Before, I think it was a situation where if they spoke during any phase of the trial, they were subject to cross-examination by the prosecution, which they would not want to happen, if they were going to tell the truth (like no they didn't beat her growing up, or yes they did beat her). Now, they wouldn't be, but I'm not sure if it's even a thing that they can do, would want to do, or if it would help. Honestly, it will be interesting to see what DOES happen, with so much time set aside for this, because what could possibly have any effect on Judge Stephens at this point? Or are there going to be other issues addressed? Because you just know there are a ton of "issues to be addressed" by the defense...always.

Just read on FB that certain witnesses won't be broadcast (?) so that we will have to rely on tweets.

This weekend...DH went to a lakehouse tonight to get up early and go fishing...it's opening day, apparently. Definitely not my thing. :) He will be home late tomorrow morning, and then it's a quick shower and we've got lunch plans with DD and her fiance. Sunday, no big plans, but I have to get back on track with working out and doing the treadmill. Or not. We'll see. lol

The link below is to a sentencing memorandum to the court "respectfully requesting" that Jodi Arias be sentenced to Life in Prison with the possibiity of parole after 25 years, not LWOP. I didn't read it all, but it does make me nervous that Judge Stephens might cave. And I'm guessing that Nurmi and Willmott yapping away is going to take up a large part of the sentencing, altho Juan Martinez will do his damnedest to counter all of it. I wouldn't be surprised if this runs into Tuesday!

It's 27 pages long, including about 20 pages describing 60 examples of cases where the defendant didn't get LWOP. One of their points is that some defendants charged with 1st degree murder accept a plea deal to a lesser offense and, according to the memorandum, the prosecutor refused to offer a plea deal. But remember that Jodi wrote a letter long before trial, saying that she would accept a plea deal of 2nd degree murder or something, and in return her "gift" would be that Travis's name wouldn't then be dragged through the mud? But there was no reason to give her a plea deal of less than 1st degree murder...the evidence of premeditation was so overwhelming. There could be numerous reasons why others were offered plea deals. The case against Jodi Arias was pretty darn good.

I'll read through it all over the weekend. I just realized that I said in my previous post "Less than two days." DH was home half the day because he was getting his fishing stuff together, and it threw my days off.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_f8f2dbf91c364c4390afe860dcff6add.pdf

Here's the plea deal request...it makes me sick. Right before the "conclusion" it states:
"Ms Aria is willing to resolve this case in the manner described above because she has grave regrets for the falsehoods she told the media after Mr Alexander's death and how such falsehoods might have caused the family even more pain."

Well, isn't that just so GOOD of her. smh She's been on a mission to torture the Alexander family since the day she tortured and murder him.

And the link is to the jodiariasisinnocent website. Sorry.

http://jodiariasisinnocent.com/wp-c...-document-2011-Jodi-Arias-Is-Innocent-com.pdf

Here's the plea deal request...it makes me sick. Right before the "conclusion" it states:
"Ms Aria is willing to resolve this case in the manner described above because she has grave regrets for the falsehoods she told the media after Mr Alexander's death and how such falsehoods might have caused the family even more pain."

Well, isn't that just so GOOD of her. smh She's been on a mission to torture the Alexander family since the day she tortured and murder him.

And the link is to the jodiariasisinnocent website. Sorry.

http://jodiariasisinnocent.com/wp-c...-document-2011-Jodi-Arias-Is-Innocent-com.pdf
She is so full of you know what. I want JSS to ask her if she regrets all the falsehood garbage, why has she never shown any remorse the Alexander family. I hope JSS does not hold back and let any more intimidation come her way from the defense. UGH! Enjoy your day Mare!

I seriously won't be able to take it if this POS doesn't get LWOP. I just won't.........

My husband asked me last night if The series finale of "The Jodi Arias Show" airs on Monday, LOL.
But then we shook our heads and said who really knows......:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter