The Filet at the Wave

TheBluthCompany

TailSpin-Duck Tales-Rescue Rangers-Gummi Bears
Many people on here recomend the steak at the Wave (filet or the other type). I planned on "mixing up" what I got the restaurants- ie not getting steak at all of them haha- and planned on getting a steak at LeCellier (it is a steakhouse and eating beef at Ohana) and getting the pork tenderloin at the Wave. Is this foolish? Is the Wave's steak too good to pass up?

Yes...it was the best one I had on our trip by far. I also had steaks/filets at Le Cellier and Kona and they weren't as good. I actually cleaned my plate at the Wave. It was really tender!

Compared to Citrico's or CG or even Jiko, I'd say no.

I had the pork at The Wave and it was quite good. My DD had the filet and it was good but not amazing.

The filets I've had/tasted I'd rank in this order:

California Grill
Citrico's
Le Cellier
Jiko
Narcoossee's
The Wave
Yachtsman Steakhouse

I always end up eating way too much steak on my trips to the World!

The filet at the Wave is quite good, but if you like pork tenderloin, I would go for that there and have your steak at Le Cellier. I also recommend the steak at Chefs de France.

Yes the Wave filet was incredible but the pork and the pasta with shrimp and clams are so much better! I prefer the filet at LC to the Wave

Many people on here recomend the steak at the Wave (filet or the other type). I planned on "mixing up" what I got the restaurants- ie not getting steak at all of them haha- and planned on getting a steak at LeCellier (it is a steakhouse and eating beef at Ohana) and getting the pork tenderloin at the Wave. Is this foolish? Is the Wave's steak too good to pass up?

The steak was great but the lamb shank was amazing!

The Wave's filet was wonderful. Skip Le cellier...have your steak at Wave.

I thought the steak at Le Cellier was better than the Wave. But the filet at the Wave was also good. Also, the filet seemed a little bigger at the Wave.

I liked the side dish pairing better at Le Cellier too - the mushroom risotto is wonderful. At the Wave they serve it with mushrooms & potatoes but also carrots and onions which aren't my fav.

Here is a picture of the Wave filet if it helps you decide:

IMG_5075.JPG

Haven't had the pork so I can't help there.

I thought the steak at Le Cellier was better than the Wave. But the filet at the Wave was also good. Also, the filet seemed a little bigger at the Wave.

I liked the side dish pairing better at Le Cellier too - the mushroom risotto is wonderful. At the Wave they serve it with mushrooms & potatoes but also carrots and onions which aren't my fav.

Here is a picture of the Wave filet if it helps you decide:

IMG_5075.JPG

Haven't had the pork so I can't help there.

Is this different? Our filet at The Wave came with white bean mashed potatoes and baked/grilled teardrop tomatoes drizzled with a type of balsamic or something like that. And our filet and these sides were AMAZING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter