• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

Sorry I have been out of the loop with the Disboards for a little bit. I missed the cut off to pay for the lanyards. Just wondering if any were actually ordered for us since we were on the order list? If so, let me know and I'll pay for ours. If not, sorry I didn't follow through with paying. Thanks to whoever did all the work to get those going. I think they will look great!

I totally agree with gilsan on this. As much as I would like to join the 3rd group, I just don't think that I will be able to join. I will have to get my other FE gifts finished up first & see if it is even possible for me to join. I don't think I will have enough gifts if I do.

As far as the cut off date for the 3rd group maybe it should be 2 weeks before for people going to WDW prior to the cruise? gilsan... will you even be around a week before the cruise to update this board with new FE members? Just throwing all that out there. I'm o.k. with the vote from group 3 since I probably won't be joining anyway.

I am here until October 25;) I will probably check in on thread after we arrive in Orlando, but will not be vigilant.

2 weeks seems like not a bad cut off date, I think the end of September is too soon. October 13 gives people 2 weeks to prep their gifts, and a chance for last minute people to join. It really could be up to the people in the 3rd group. If I was in the third group I also would be doing simple gifts, things you could buy or easily make.

What about the end of September for the cut off date for the third and final fe list? If it is less than say 8-10 people we should put them with group 2. We only have 12 new people in group 2. The people in group 3 still need time to do there gifts. I think the end of this month should be the final ending for the fe.

What does everybody think about this?

Misty

I read your post a bit closer and see what you are saying about adding to the 2nd group. I would check with the people in the second group and see if they like that idea. I would think many of the first group people participating in the second group may not want to add the new people to their list but the rest of group 2 might be happy to have the additional people.

I read your post a bit closer and see what you are saying about adding to the 2nd group. I would check with the people in the second group and see if they like that idea. I would think many of the first group people participating in the second group may not want to add the new people to their list but the rest of group 2 might be happy to have the additional people.
You are spot on, Gilsan, I am one of those from group 1 joining in with group 2, but 30 cabins to do gifts for is quite enough for me, so I cannot join with group 3 as well. To tell the truth, now I am putting the pile of FE gifts together with the bags and prizes for the scavenger hunt I am a little worried about the bulk and weight:scared1: If everyone wonders why I am in the same clothes everyday on the cruise, it's because thats all the room that was left in my case:rotfl:

ATTN: everyone that ordered lanyards. The cost of the lanyards came in lower than I had estimated. :banana:

I have purchased 4 Disney gift cards with the remaining money and will draw DIS board names (from the lanyard orders) during our first night meet up to win the gift cards. Each card is not a large sum of money but would at least buy a nice pin to put on your lanyard. Hey, I never turn away Disney gift cards.

Please have one member from your party present in case your name is drawn we can hand you the gift card. If nobody is present from your group, we will have to draw another name to win the gift card. Watch here, Facebook or the website. for more details on the first night meet up.
What a lovely idea! that will add even more fun to our meet!

Hello all,

I was hoping I could make a corporate decision.:wave2:

I am am organizing a lot of fe lists. I really need to see the light in the tunnel.

I think we need to keep our lists to only two. I will put ksinglet into the list 2 and that needs to be the final end of the fe.

We have only 6 weeks to go before we are on our cruise. :cool1::cool1:

A lot of us, myself included start our vacation even earlier. We have to finish packing, our fe's, and getting ready to start our vacation. :crazy2:

I think this is a good stopping point for the fe. I need to start sending out the very final lists. (as soon as I get all room numbers)
I would not like to worry about more cabins to account for. :scratchin

I do have the other cruise that I am doing the fe as well. They need to stop now as well I think. ::yes::

I do hope you all agree with me as well. I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings but now is the time to say the fe is closed for this cruise. :sad:

Thank you everybody for understanding , or hope you will understand where I am coming from. We are getting to close to our vacation and do not need the added stress or rushing to get something else done. We need to end it right. I think now is the right time.

If somebody has any other ideas please let me know.:worship:

I was hoping I could make a corporate decision.

I am am organizing a lot of fe lists. I really need to see the light in the tunnel.

I think we need to keep our lists to only two. I will put ksinglet into the list 2 and that needs to be the final end of the fe.

Since you are doing the organizing for the FE I support your thoughts totally. Since I am in groups 1 & 2 I feel the same as maddiesmum03. I risk wearing the same cloths every day just to get my FE gifts there. I still need costumes x2 per person & formal cloths & regular cloths for 2 weeks & the lanyards & the list goes on & on. :scared1:

I kinda thought that we already closed the FE list, but I don't want anyone's feelings hurt either. I think that the FE groups are really for those that plan & prepare in advance & last minute people shouldn't be too hurt that they missed the deadline.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed with the lanyards & cards, the recipe exchange, the FE groups x2. I know that it will all be fun when I get everything done & am on-board with all of you to enjoy it though. :hyper:

Sorry I have been out of the loop with the Disboards for a little bit. I missed the cut off to pay for the lanyards. Just wondering if any were actually ordered for us since we were on the order list? If so, let me know and I'll pay for ours. If not, sorry I didn't follow through with paying. Thanks to whoever did all the work to get those going. I think they will look great!

Sorry... I had to place the order for the lanyards to be sure that we got them on time for the cruise & I could make & order & fill out the ID cards. I tried to wait as long as I could. I did order a couple of spare lanyards that might be up for grabs? We will have to see. From my past experience there is always the possibility of a defective lanyard or 2 & that is why I ordered a couple of spares. Maybe some extras will be found if people cancel? We'll keep looking & I will try & keep you posted when I receive the lanyards & start to put them all together.

Since you are doing the organizing for the FE I support your thoughts totally. Since I am in groups 1 & 2 I feel the same as maddiesmum03. I risk wearing the same cloths every day just to get my FE gifts there. I still need costumes x2 per person & formal cloths & regular cloths for 2 weeks & the lanyards & the list goes on & on. :scared1:

I kinda thought that we already closed the FE list, but I don't want anyone's feelings hurt either. I think that the FE groups are really for those that plan & prepare in advance & last minute people shouldn't be too hurt that they missed the deadline.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed with the lanyards & cards, the recipe exchange, the FE groups x2. I know that it will all be fun when I get everything done & am on-board with all of you to enjoy it though. :hyper:

First off i just want to say thank you for all of your hard work and i MEAN HARD WORK on every thing you have done for the FE groups.

I know that alot of us have most if not all of our fe gifts done or close to being done. With 6 weeks away i Think we should close the groups so there is no added stress for any of us. This is our first FE and i know we have been over whelmed. We are so close to Oct 27 and it's time to start geting things in order.

You don't spound like a jerk at all I know what its like keeping track of a large group and it is hard to please all so i stand behind you if that means i am a jerk as well

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your HARD WORK and PLANING

So if there is no major screams of upsetness:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

It is official!!!!!!!!! :mic:

We only have 2 fe lists and, I will move the one cabin to group 2 and...:listen:

THE FE ON THIS CRUISE IS
OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!!

We now have time for the rest of the madness of getting ready for our most wonderful, exciting, most expensive but well worth it, not here fast enough Disney cruise vacation. :rotfl2::worship::dancer:

LET'S GET READY TO PARTY party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:

jiminwi38 said:
First off i just want to say thank you for all of your hard work and i MEAN HARD WORK on every thing you have done for the FE groups.

I know that alot of us have most if not all of our fe gifts done or close to being done. With 6 weeks away i Think we should close the groups so there is no added stress for any of us. This is our first FE and i know we have been over whelmed. We are so close to Oct 27 and it's time to start geting things in order.

You don't spound like a jerk at all I know what its like keeping track of a large group and it is hard to please all so i stand behind you if that means i am a jerk as well

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your HARD WORK and PLANING

My thoughts exactly, thank you!!!

Hello all,

I was hoping I could make a corporate decision.:wave2:

We have only 6 weeks to go before we are on our cruise. :cool1::cool1:

A lot of us, myself included start our vacation even earlier. We have to finish packing, our fe's, and getting ready to start our vacation. :crazy2:

I think this is a good stopping point for the fe. I need to start sending out the very final lists. (as soon as I get all room numbers)
I would not like to worry about more cabins to account for. :scratchin

I do have the other cruise that I am doing the fe as well. They need to stop now as well I think. ::yes::

I do hope you all agree with me as well. I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings but now is the time to say the fe is closed for this cruise. :sad:

Thank you everybody for understanding , or hope you will understand where I am coming from. We are getting to close to our vacation and do not need the added stress or rushing to get something else done. We need to end it right. I think now is the right time.

If somebody has any other ideas please let me know.:worship:

That sounds great. If anyone else joins the thread and wants to do FE they can start their own new group and look after it. I don't think we will get too many people joining at this point.

Thanks for all the work on the FE!:goodvibes

That sounds great. If anyone else joins the thread and wants to do FE they can start their own new group and look after it. I don't think we will get too many people joining at this point.

Thanks for all the work on the FE!:goodvibes

Thank you for understanding. I was worried you would not.
:( So that now that everybody does understand. :cool1:

I cannot wait until we are on vacation meeting all of you wonderful people.
:grouphug:

Thank you
misty

:( So that now that everybody does understand. :cool1:

:grouphug:

Thank you
misty

oh I absolutely understand. It is a lot of extra work. :thumbsup2

So that now that everybody does understand.

We totally understand & appreciate all of your hard work putting this FE lists together & keeping track of everything! Thank you!!!

DIS Name:ksinglet
Stateroom:
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Trevor, Kelly, Jayden (8), Carsen (2)
.[/QUOTE]

Our daughter, Cadence, is also two! Ill look for you guys at the group meet!

Me too. It will be nice to meet others with a toddler!!

Sorry... I had to place the order for the lanyards to be sure that we got them on time for the cruise & I could make & order & fill out the ID cards. I tried to wait as long as I could. I did order a couple of spare lanyards that might be up for grabs? We will have to see. From my past experience there is always the possibility of a defective lanyard or 2 & that is why I ordered a couple of spares. Maybe some extras will be found if people cancel? We'll keep looking & I will try & keep you posted when I receive the lanyards & start to put them all together.

Thank-you for answering. It was totally my fault. You guys gave plenty of lead way. I see you are going to be at Disney World the week before the cruise. Do you mind me asking if you are going to MNSSHP? We are also stopping at Disney the week before and are trying to decide if we want to go to the party or not. We have been twice before, and the fireworks are our favorite, but I am second guessing it now because of the offerings on the cruise for Halloween.

Homeschoolmomof2 said:

If you did not get added in there's a good chance we are changing our cruise date. I should know later today. I have ordered and paid for 4 if its possible we could trade money.

I'll let you know as soon as i know

Trish

If you did not get added in there's a good chance we are changing our cruise date. I should know later today. I have ordered and paid for 4 if its possible we could trade money.

I'll let you know as soon as i know

Trish

That is too bad! Hopefully they will give you good news about the ankle:goodvibes

Thank-you for answering. It was totally my fault. You guys gave plenty of lead way. I see you are going to be at Disney World the week before the cruise. Do you mind me asking if you are going to MNSSHP? We are also stopping at Disney the week before and are trying to decide if we want to go to the party or not. We have been twice before, and the fireworks are our favorite, but I am second guessing it now because of the offerings on the cruise for Halloween.

Unfortunately we did have one member cancel due to health reasons. So now I have 4 extra lanyards up for grabs. So if you still want 4 lanyards, please let me know. It would help greatly if you could pm me with your email address & I will send you a invoice via Paypal. If you want to purchase the lanyards via Paypal, maybe I can refund the money to the other gal that can not be on the cruise via Paypal somehow.

Let me know asap.

We are going to go to MNSSHP. My boys have never been to the Halloween party in WDW only in DL. So I want them to experience it at least once. weather or not it's worth the money to do it again.... I will have to let you know when we get back. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter