• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

I am not from there but use to live in Hamilton and Toronto and have spent time in the lovely Niagra region:)

As far as I know there are only 3 Canadians on this roll call.

Cool I see you are on the south shore.. we have family in Yarmouth!

The dress code from DCL just says no shorts, swimsuits and tank tops. That being said, I just have my men where khaki's and polo's or button down shirts for dinner then they can change after dinner and be comfy. You will see all kinds of dress and I've never seen the maitre'd turn anyone away....:hippie:

Cool thanks.. I was thinking that he could get a pair of khakis and he has a bunch of golf shirts. It'll be nice to see him in something other then jeans and tshirt! :thumbsup2

We are the same. our OV is $500 more than the VGT. I debated about cancelling but then I would also lose our OBC. Between the losing OBC and the non-refundable deposit the cost for the VGT would be the same, and we would get whatever room they give us, so we decided to stick with what we have.

$700 difference and no OBC to lose I might be thinking differently.

This whole thing really makes me mad at Disney. The VGT room is $900. less than what we paid almost 2 years ago for our varandah room & we re-booked while on-board too. I am sooooo :furious: mad at DCL. I guess if I get a big kick in th butt for being a loyal customer, I will not re-book on board this time & instead I will wait until I feel like taking another cruise & then I will just shop around for a good rate. Maybe even including other cruise lines.

This whole thing really makes me mad at Disney. The VGT room is $900. less than what we paid almost 2 years ago for our varandah room & we re-booked while on-board too. I am sooooo :furious: mad at DCL. I guess if I get a big kick in th butt for being a loyal customer, I will not re-book on board this time & instead I will wait until I feel like taking another cruise & then I will just shop around for a good rate. Maybe even including other cruise lines.

I know I was looking at a cruise from Celebrity at the same time as ours and I found a 12 night European cruise concierge level for the same price as our 7 night caribbean OV disney.

I think next time we will be waiting as well.

We all like to get good deals. I try not to buy clothes unless they are on sale. Guess I shouldn't book a Disney cruise unless it's on sale, like a VGT. If I do buy clothes that aren't on sale, I shouldn't be angry with the maul (spelling intentional) when they put the remaining clothes on sale. But it bites when we could save so much on a cruise.

As for "jumping ship" to another cruise line, we do it all the time for a better itinerary at a better price. We'll be gold castaway cay status after the halloween cruise, but I'm not in any hurry to "achieve" platinum.

I was thought another good way to check how full the ship is was to check to see if min dining is still available. It is! I am hoping for an empty ship:rotfl2: just us dis folks:thumbsup2

I was thought another good way to check how full the ship is was to check to see if min dining is still available. It is! I am hoping for an empty ship:rotfl2: just us dis folks:thumbsup2

Which is main seating, is it early or late? we switched to late as we thought it would give us more time to enjoy the pool, get back from excursions etc before getting ready for dinner. I'm thinking Maddy may want to go off to the kids club when they come round at 9pm, but then again she may prefer to eat "adult" food with us:goodvibes.
I'm hoping for a not so full ship too, more chance of getting the tastings we want and less of a queue for the Aquaduck!

Which is main seating, is it early or late? we switched to late as we thought it would give us more time to enjoy the pool, get back from excursions etc before getting ready for dinner. I'm thinking Maddy may want to go off to the kids club when they come round at 9pm, but then again she may prefer to eat "adult" food with us:goodvibes.
I'm hoping for a not so full ship too, more chance of getting the tastings we want and less of a queue for the Aquaduck!

Main dining is the early dining, I was surprised it was still available!

We are on late as well, for the same reasons. :goodvibes

We all like to get good deals. I try not to buy clothes unless they are on sale. Guess I shouldn't book a Disney cruise unless it's on sale, like a VGT. If I do buy clothes that aren't on sale, I shouldn't be angry with the maul (spelling intentional) when they put the remaining clothes on sale. But it bites when we could save so much on a cruise.

You have a point. However, some of the upper class boutiques that I shop at (which I consider Disney to be an upper class boutique) will offer me the difference as a refund when their clothing goes on sale if I bring in my receipt. Even Wal-mart, K-mart & Target will give me the difference in a refund if my clothing goes on sale within 30 days of my purchase.

The fact that Disney released the VGT rooms shortly after we were not allowed to make changes or cancel our booking without penalty pretty much made us exempt at a chance to get a VGT room. I know they did it that way intentionally & it just makes them look bad.

I guess now that I know that Disney Cruise Line is going to run "sales" on their rooms I will wait for a good sale before I book a cruise. The same way I do when I buy clothing. I wait for a sale before buying. In the past, Disney Cruise Line just didn't run sales & your best deal was to book while on-board & then get you room asap for the best price. Now that I know DCL is going to run along the lines of a cheap clothing store that has to clear out the unsold merchandise I will treat them accordingly & never book too far in advance or pay "rack rate" for a stateroom.

Just to give everyone an update of our scavenger hunt. If you would like to join in the "fee" to participate is a bag/pack of candy/chocolates etc. At the sailaway DISmeet, Stacy and I will be handing out the question sheets in exchange for your "fee" (while Melissa is handing out your lanyards!).

There will be 3 parts to the scavenger hunt, Part 1 will have participants finding the answers to Day of the Dead themed questions from magnets placed on willing DIS group member's cabin doors. This will not only make the delivery of FE gifts a little more interesting, but will be educational in finding out more about the big Mexican celebration that takes place on our 2nd sea day, the day after we say goodbye to Cozumel and the day we will hand out the goodie bags (we will give out the magnets to those of you participating when we give out the sheets and ask that you put them on your cabin door for others to find).

Part 2 of the hunt will be to find the answers to Disney Fantasy based questions and should be a fun way to explore the ship.

Part 3 is a traditional scavenger hunt of "treasure" that needs collecting with a Disney twist. We know everyone has their own itinery for a perfect cruise and we hope this hunt will be fun and informative without taking up too much precious cruise time. It can be completed ( or partially completed - there is a goodie bag for every entrant!) in your own time and is perfect for everyone to enjoy regardless of age, either indivdually or as a group.

On Thursday we will be handing out the goodie bags in exchange for your answer sheets. This will probably be in the morning over a couple of hours, in the same location as our first meet, but this will be finalised nearer the time. This exchange will not have an impact on your plans and could literally take a couple of minutes, unless you want to "hang around" for a kind of informal DISmeet. There will be several other prizes, including one for the best answers and as your name and cabin number will be on your sheets, we can contact the "winners" after all the sheets are in - and let everyone know who has won etc via our thread after the cruise.:)

We would like to know who would like to join in by 1st September if possible, so we can get everything printed and ready. If you think this sounds fun now you know a few more details, please post so you can be added to the list of participants.

hi we would like to join in with the scavenger hunt too it sounds like really good fun, you must have worked hard on it thanks

I just want to say thank you to all the great people that have worked so hard on planning all the activies from the FE to the lanyards to keeping track of all of us. I take my hat off to you all. Its not a easy task and is very time consumming. You are all Amazing

I just want to say thank you to all the great people that have worked so hard on planning all the activies from the FE to the lanyards to keeping track of all of us. I take my hat off to you all. Its not a easy task and is very time consumming. You are all Amazing

Thanks Jim!:goodvibes

hi we would like to join in with the scavenger hunt too it sounds like really good fun, you must have worked hard on it thanks

Sounds good. Sign us up!!!!

Brilliant! the more the merrier, do you want to participate as families or individually?

Gilsan - can you add these lovely people to our list on page one please:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter