• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

They are last minute deals Disney has been putting out to sell remaining rooms. They are non-refundable, you can't make any changes to the reservation and you get the room they give you. I-inside, o-ocean view, and v verandah.
Our first cruise was a VGT booking, we got a 4b room for a couple thousand less than they were charging when we booked so for us it was an excellent deal.

OOOOOO....that makes sense! I just hope they have some cabins available when we sail as I would really like to upgrade to an V from and O....I called but it was $1800 more!:scared1: We plan on asking as soon as we get to the port. Right now, our cabin is right over the clubs :sad1:

OOOOOO....that makes sense! I just hope they have some cabins available when we sail as I would really like to upgrade to an V from and O....I called but it was $1800 more!:scared1: We plan on asking as soon as we get to the port. Right now, our cabin is right over the clubs :sad1:

We are hoping for the same! Not worth the money to upgrade ahead of time though.

OK i do belive i goofed i think i had the right cabin befor i changed it dummy me i am trying to find 5665 on the deck plans and i do not see it so i think its 5656 i will let you all know for sure as soon as i find my cabin info

OK here i go making more work for someone I have the wrong Cabin i need to change it to 5656. I am so sorry the more hair i lose my mind goes with it

Spent a little while last night working on my FE. I think it's going to be really cute, and it got me excited to be back on my sewing machine. I'll post pics once I'm finished!

Hello fellow Halloween cruisers! :thumbsup2 I've been lurking this thread for a while but finally decided to join in :cool1:

dpietrobelli
Stateroom:5650
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Tony (37), Debbie (36), DD1 (5), DD2 (1)
Where From: Venezuela
Dining - late or early: Late
Celebrating: Our first cruise!
Fish Extender (FE): No
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: No

Hello fellow Halloween cruisers! :thumbsup2 I've been lurking this thread for a while but finally decided to join in :cool1:

dpietrobelli

Welcome dpietrobelli, glad you have decided to join us, we're a friendly bunch!:goodvibes...... and you will LOVE cruising! Are you travelling all the way from Venezuela to Florida just for this cruise?

dpietrobelli

Welcome to the group! I added you to the roll call.:goodvibes

Finally got signed up, so it's time to officially join the DIS group too. :cool1: Other than Christmas, Halloween is our favorite holiday!

DIS Name: jdb in AZ
Stateroom: 8056
Names/Age(s) at sailing: Don (old) Judy (almost as old)
Where From: AZ
Dining - late
Celebrating: gold CC at the end of this cruise
Recipe Exchange: sure
Lanyards yes, 2
Fish Extender (FE): no
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Sure. We don't have kids but we can volunteer to help!

I have a great Maleficent costume. It will take up half a suitcase, but oh well. DH has a Grumpy costume but the kids see the beard and red jacket and assume he's Santa. We'll have to work on that one.

Finally got signed up, so it's time to officially join the DIS group too. :cool1: Other than Christmas, Halloween is our favorite holiday!

Dining - late
Lanyards yes, 2
Trick or Treat Scavenger Hunt: Sure. We don't have kids but we can volunteer to help!

I have a great Maleficent costume. It will take up half a suitcase, but oh well. DH has a Grumpy costume but the kids see the beard and red jacket and assume he's Santa. We'll have to work on that one.

Welcome to the thread! I thought about Maleficent for a costume, she is my favourite villain!

EEEKKK!!!! Forgot to tell you we changed cabins....moved to the other end to 5172...hope the bump from the night clubs don't keep us up at night! :rolleyes1

I may be wrong in thinking, but I'm hoping that the scavenger hunt will be fun for anyone to participate kids or not, a family/couple/kids activity. Maybe on,y the kids will get a prize or maybe per cabin or each person it's not decided as far as I'm aware. But that's my thinking. :)

Dining - late
Lanyards yes, 2

I may be wrong in thinking, but I'm hoping that the scavenger hunt will be fun for anyone to participate kids or not, a family/couple/kids activity. Maybe on,y the kids will get a prize or maybe per cabin or each person it's not decided as far as I'm aware. But that's my thinking.

I am working on this as I promised to do & I will run some ideas by stacylou & gilsan via pm as soon as I have more put together. I am not working on the prize side of things but I am working on the Day Of The Dead Trivia sheets for everyone. I am also going to work on the magnets that have the answers to the trivia sheets that we will put on doors around the cruise. I will probably need to get a list of everyone that will volunteer to help put magnets on their doors so that I can maybe put a small map or something on the back side of the trivia sheets so that people will know where to go to look for the answers. This trivia is hard enough to be fun for adults but easy enough to be educational for children. It is something that my boys ages 6 & 8 will be able to do with maybe a little help from us. After all the answers will be posted around the ship. :)

Does that all sound good to everyone??? :confused3 So far that is how I am proceeding but I don't want to give away too many details. Gotta have something left for a surprise. I will have the trivia more finalized after I get together with my friend that moved here a few years ago from Mexico. That way I can have her look over what I have written & make any suggestions.

I am working on this as I promised to do & I will run some ideas by stacylou & gilsan via pm as soon as I have more put together. I am not working on the prize side of things but I am working on the Day Of The Dead Trivia sheets for everyone. I am also going to work on the magnets that have the answers to the trivia sheets that we will put on doors around the cruise. I will probably need to get a list of everyone that will volunteer to help put magnets on their doors so that I can maybe put a small map or something on the back side of the trivia sheets so that people will know where to go to look for the answers. This trivia is hard enough to be fun for adults but easy enough to be educational for children. It is something that my boys ages 6 & 8 will be able to do with maybe a little help from us. After all the answers will be posted around the ship. :)

Does that all sound good to everyone??? :confused3 So far that is how I am proceeding but I don't want to give away too many details. Gotta have something left for a surprise. I will have the trivia more finalized after I get together with my friend that moved here a few years ago from Mexico. That way I can have her look over what I have written & make any suggestions.

:thumbsup2Sounds good!
I am a little concerned there aren't many takers so far, I think too that this will be fun for everyone. The sheet I am working on is ship trivia which will require hunting for answers around the ship, which again doesn't exclude "adult" participants, in fact the children may ned a little "help" with these too!
The sheet Staceylou is working on which is a proper scavenger hunt will be fun for everyone too, I'm sure!
As the "prize" is a goodie bag, and the entry fee is goodies to share between the bags, then if a cabin want to enter as a family, or the children want to enter on their own they can just give accordingly. Of course everyone's idea of what would constitute suffcient to give will be different, but as a general rule, I would say, give as much as you would like to find in your goodie bag;) If we have a cut off point much like the FE exchange, then we will know how many bags, sheets and magnets we will need, and everyone will have an idea of how many bags we will need to fill with goodies, just in case anyone intends to bring, say a chocolate bar for each bag (Mmmm Chocolate:love:)

I am happy to provide one or two "extra" prizes for the "winners" who solve the most clues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter