• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Fantasy's First MNSSH Cruise: Zombies of the Caribbean October 27, 2012

bummed that DCL said no. but I'm hoping i can find a way to work around the issue and find a substitute.

FYI- pumpkins may not be brought on board as they are perishable, even though they aren't for eating!

Were you going to use pumpkins as your FE that would be cute!

If you are looking for a pumpkin replacement check out funkins. They are artificial pumpkins that can be carved like a regular pumpkin. I think they are made of foam. Micheals sells funkin like pumpkins they might even have them now. Last time I was at Michaels they had Halloween stuff out.

I think the camera is f2.8 so it does fairly well in low light with no flash. In low light I would probably use the DSLR and either the 50mm 1.8 or our 30mm 1.4 lens.

It has a fireworks setting, I haven't tried it yet. We probably will mainly use as the camera that I would throw in my bag for when we don't want to carry the DSLR and all the gear.

I did look at the Canon D10 the model that the D20 is replacing. I saw it on sale for a good price on Amazon.com. I was unable to have it shipped to Canada. In Canada the D10 was only $60 less than the price that I paid for the D20 from B&H photo. Since it was the new model I went for it, also because it had GPS and I really wanted GPS. It might be worthwhile for you check the D10 I think the price difference in the US is bigger.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!! I haven't made a final decision yet. I think I have a favorite camera, but I want to go to a store to get my hands on it first. I like the Canon SX230. It is not waterproof but I think I will just buy a waterproof housing for around $25 USD.

I will still bring my SLR cameras but I just don't want them on the beach. I prefer a zoom lens for my SLR over the fixed lens & although the 1.4 lens is nice for low light, the shallow depth of filed at that aperature is very limiting so I don't really use the lens. I have a large 70-200mm 2.8 lens that I don't want to haul on my trip because it is so huge & expensive. My favorite lenses are my simple 70-300mm is lens & my 28-200 72mm f/3.5-5.6. This is the lens that I have taken with me into the theater to take pictures in the dark. It's a great all around lens that I can get a wide enough angle for the entire stage & still zoom in if I choose to. I find that the low f stop isn't needed as much with the newer high iso cameras. o.k. enough of my .02 cents on my camera equipment. I'm sure you are all sick of hearing it. I will try & post some photos later or if you are really interested you can go to the passporter website & search for my photos under DisneyOrBustColorado. :)

First is there a total on the number of staterooms yet for the FE and has there been any decisions on the lanyards yet?

First is there a total on the number of staterooms yet for the FE and has there been any decisions on the lanyards yet?

I believe that you are in the first FE group and that group is now closed at 21 staterooms. However, there is a new FE group 2 that has only 4 staterooms so far. I would hate for that group to only have 4 people in it, but I do feel that there will be a lot of last minute people join the 2nd group. My plan is to create a FE gift for the original 21 people in the first group and then also order a second gift in bulk so that I can contribute to the 2nd group if there are not enough people to participate. After all, this is Disney & everyone should feel happy & welcomed.

As far as the Lanyards go I believe that Stacylou is in charge of the design & gilsan will be in charge of the order? Correct me gals if I am wrong and I am more than willing to help if you need me to. We have to order a minimum on 100 lanyards & so far we have people signed up to order a total of 59 lanyards. So we still have 41 more to go. I believe that the cost will be about $3 each lanyard. I ordered an extra one to take in the water with me & in case one of mine breaks.

I urge people to order lanyards if they want them because once the 100 mark has been reached we will have to order 250 & I don't see that happening so you may be out of luck?

As far as the design of the lanyards, we have not yet taken a final vote or decided on anything final. We welcome your input if you have an opinion. As far as I go... I think it will just be fun to have something that sets our group apart from other & so that we can put our dis names in the badge holder. It will be fun to meet people in person after chatting so long online. Although I have my favorites, ultimately I am fine with whatever design is chosen. I appreciate all of the work from the people that goes into putting this together.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions correctly. If I am wrong on something, feel free to correct me.

I believe that you are in the first FE group and that group is now closed at 21 staterooms. However, there is a new FE group 2 that has only 4 staterooms so far. I would hate for that group to only have 4 people in it, but I do feel that there will be a lot of last minute people join the 2nd group. My plan is to create a FE gift for the original 21 people in the first group and then also order a second gift in bulk so that I can contribute to the 2nd group if there are not enough people to participate. After all, this is Disney & everyone should feel happy & welcomed.

As far as the Lanyards go I believe that Stacylou is in charge of the design & gilsan will be in charge of the order? Correct me gals if I am wrong and I am more than willing to help if you need me to. We have to order a minimum on 100 lanyards & so far we have people signed up to order a total of 59 lanyards. So we still have 41 more to go. I believe that the cost will be about $3 each lanyard. I ordered an extra one to take in the water with me & in case one of mine breaks.

I urge people to order lanyards if they want them because once the 100 mark has been reached we will have to order 250 & I don't see that happening so you may be out of luck?

As far as the design of the lanyards, we have not yet taken a final vote or decided on anything final. We welcome your input if you have an opinion. As far as I go... I think it will just be fun to have something that sets our group apart from other & so that we can put our dis names in the badge holder. It will be fun to meet people in person after chatting so long online. Although I have my favorites, ultimately I am fine with whatever design is chosen. I appreciate all of the work from the people that goes into putting this together.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions correctly. If I am wrong on something, feel free to correct me.

I was checking past posts and counted the same just wanted to make sure
thanks again

Oh boy Oh boy we are getting closer day by day. I am so excited. I guess i am not sure if we are in a FE groups or how to order laynards. I try to read every thing but in my old age my eyes tend to miss stuff LOL

Now that i am done with my graddaughters Birthday i need to focus on the FE and get that made. What do we put in the FE It's almost like trick or treating hehehe

www.facebook.com/jim.wills.52687
jiminwi38@gmail.com

Oh boy Oh boy we are getting closer day by day. I am so excited. I guess i am not sure if we are in a FE groups or how to order laynards. I try to read every thing but in my old age my eyes tend to miss stuff LOL

Now that i am done with my graddaughters Birthday i need to focus on the FE and get that made. What do we put in the FE It's almost like trick or treating hehehe

You can go to the very first page of this thread & gilsan is doing an AWESOME job of keeping it updated so that you can see what is going on & who is signed up for what. So far I don't see you signed up for a FE group or for ordering lanyards (unless it is under a different name). If you would like to join the 2nd FE group, just post in the thread & gilsan will add you. Also if you would like to order lanyards, just post how many in this thread & gilsan will also add you to that list. Be sure & keep checking back here for more details on how to pay for your lanyards so that we can get them ordered once we reach 100.

I think we are still planning on doing them. I would like wait as long as possible to order them that way we hopefully will be able to hand out all 100. I doubt we will get enough interest to make 250 lanyards worthwhile. I think I will make the cut off date sometime in September.

Our cruise doesn't seem to be super full yet so we may get more people after the 75 day mark when Disney starts offering the OGT/IGT/VGT deals:rotfl:

I think since we have over 50 lanyards spoken for we will go ahead with them.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!!! I haven't made a final decision yet. I think I have a favorite camera, but I want to go to a store to get my hands on it first. I like the Canon SX230. It is not waterproof but I think I will just buy a waterproof housing for around $25 USD.

I will still bring my SLR cameras but I just don't want them on the beach. I prefer a zoom lens for my SLR over the fixed lens & although the 1.4 lens is nice for low light, the shallow depth of filed at that aperature is very limiting so I don't really use the lens. I have a large 70-200mm 2.8 lens that I don't want to haul on my trip because it is so huge & expensive. My favorite lenses are my simple 70-300mm is lens & my 28-200 72mm f/3.5-5.6. This is the lens that I have taken with me into the theater to take pictures in the dark. It's a great all around lens that I can get a wide enough angle for the entire stage & still zoom in if I choose to. I find that the low f stop isn't needed as much with the newer high iso cameras. o.k. enough of my .02 cents on my camera equipment. I'm sure you are all sick of hearing it. I will try & post some photos later or if you are really interested you can go to the passporter website & search for my photos under DisneyOrBustColorado. :)

I always think about the ISO after I have taken the picture and think I guess I should have changed the ISO:rotfl:

Most of our lens are not too pricey. I have gotten them from B&H photo's used shop. We have a 70-200mm Tamron that is a nice walk around lens. I sell on Etsy and have done a food report on disboards and I like the prime lenses for those static pictures. We do have the wide angle and I love that lens, but it is heavy and you some times feel removed from the subject. I am a camera addict though I love photojojo for fun accessories for my iphone which takes pretty good pictures including in low light.

My daughter has a Canon 1200 P&S and on our last cruise we bought an underwater case for it. Cheaper than an underwater camera, but I didn't like it I found it was difficult to use the buttons, so I decoded to buy a real waterproof camera when I saw the new Canon model.

Like you said it will be nice to take to our local beach and not worry about sand. I think we will get lots of use from it.

You can go to the very first page of this thread & gilsan is doing an AWESOME job of keeping it updated so that you can see what is going on & who is signed up for what. So far I don't see you signed up for a FE group or for ordering lanyards (unless it is under a different name). If you would like to join the 2nd FE group, just post in the thread & gilsan will add you. Also if you would like to order lanyards, just post how many in this thread & gilsan will also add you to that list. Be sure & keep checking back here for more details on how to pay for your lanyards so that we can get them ordered once we reach 100.

Actually he is signed up in the first FE group jiminwi38, but not for lanyards. If you want lanyards post how many you want. I am not sure of the cost but probably under $3, depends on the number that are ordered.

Actually he is signed up in the first FE group jiminwi38, but not for lanyards. If you want lanyards post how many you want. I am not sure of the cost but probably under $3, depends on the number that are ordered.

Gilsan, I cannot see Jimiwi38 on the FE list at all:confused3

Our cruise doesn't seem to be super full yet so we may get more people after the 75 day mark when Disney starts offering the OGT/IGT/VGT deals:rotfl:

Actually, I was just on the phone with DCL reservations last week trying to get some pricing for an additional stateroom and the lady said they only have 8 rooms left total, even with some dummy cruise cancellations- i have a feeling it's pretty full.

Actually, I was just on the phone with DCL reservations last week trying to get some pricing for an additional stateroom and the lady said they only have 8 rooms left total, even with some dummy cruise cancellations- i have a feeling it's pretty full.

Oh my!
better try for Palo's as soon as we reach that 90 day mark! I'm just waiting to see some recent Navigators so we know when the DVC meet is that first sea day so it doesnt clash with the time we try to book for brunch!

I am really surprised to hear that.

We are debating about upgrading to a balcony, so I have been checking the availability of 4B they always seem to have 6-7 rooms available and when I punch in the # of other rooms I would want they seem to be available too.

We are happy with the OV room we have and may just wait until port to see if any upgrades are available. It is $800 to upgrade right now and that would buy so many other extra's like Palo, Remy's and many drinks of the day that it is hard to justify for the hour we might sit out on the balcony in the morning.

We were booked in a balcony originally, but Jay and Georgia wanted a room with a big window so we switched. Now they want the balcony and I am being cheap:rotfl: It is a rare event:rotfl:

:scared1::eek::scared:

you are amazing keeping track of all this. Its not easy

I know I should know this, but what does OGT/IGT/VGT mean???? :lmao:

They are last minute deals Disney has been putting out to sell remaining rooms. They are non-refundable, you can't make any changes to the reservation and you get the room they give you. I-inside, o-ocean view, and v verandah.
Our first cruise was a VGT booking, we got a 4b room for a couple thousand less than they were charging when we booked so for us it was an excellent deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter