The Family Trip that wasn't...

What is the delicous looking dish on the left....some type of potato? Did you feel the price of lunch was worth it? We've never eaten at Le Cellier.

I love the pic of you and your DH in France. He doesn't look cranky there :lmao:

Is the butterfly house only there during the flower festival? I've never seen it.

I love the picture of Mickey and Minnie as American Gothic, plant version.

I really appreciate your taking the time to post your trip report. You have great pictures and I'm enjoying the heck out of coming along. :goodvibes

It was the Mac and Cheese, it had some kind of crumbly/crunchy mixture on top, it was good but it had bits of onion in it which I'm sure is a good thing for other people but not for me :)
--I would go back again, I would just watch it ordering the extra sides and alcoholic beverages (that Fruit Punch was like $9! :eek: )

The France Pic is mi SIL's fave pic too :) He had his moments of happiness :lmao:

I'm sure the butterfly house is a Flower and Garden thing, if there is one anywhere else I don't know but this was a tent/gazebo thing right out in the open I want to say it was over by Test Track

Here are a couple Pics from Epcot that I didn't post in yesterday's update, Mostly F&G pics:

First couple are from the English Tea Garden in England:

Distrip172.jpg

Distrip173.jpg

Distrip179.jpg

Distrip174.jpg

Distrip175.jpg

Distrip176.jpg

Morocco

Distrip186.jpg

Distrip184.jpg

Train Village between Italy and Germany

Distrip189.jpg

Distrip190.jpg

Distrip191.jpg

Took these train village pics for my Father In Law, he had a great love for model trains and I knew he would just love this little village. It was my hope that he would get to see it someday but unfortunately that was not to be. In my first post I had mentioned that "Life got in the way" of getting the TR up sooner. Well I guess with these pics it is as good a time as any to share that my FIL passed away on May 14th just a few days after we got home from this trip. It has been really hard but we are making it. It was not expected at all, very sudden. He had a massive stroke that morning and by the time we got to the hospital he was already gone. So for him, at least it was a blessing as it was very fast. Our family is very close knit and we have been getting each other through this pretty well and we will be ok.

Well, back to the real report with the next post and I hope to post a real update tomorrow of our 2nd MK day...

Finally caught up with your review!! Unfortunately, I can't see any of your pic. :confused3

It's the bandwidth exceeded on Photobucket, I only have the little icon for some of the pics but not all of them, I am trying to figure out how to fix it.

I just found your trip report, it is great, I will be there in 6 days. I am enjoying all the pics and of course getting my Disney fix for the week.

Me too because I want more of your trip report and pics :goodvibes

I am so glad that your photobucket is up and running :woohoo:

Me too!

I just found your trip report, it is great, I will be there in 6 days. I am enjoying all the pics and of course getting my Disney fix for the week.

Thanks for reading, hope you have a good time on your trip. I am having a good time re-living mine with this TR.

I haven't had a lot of time online over the past few days, my Dad and Uncle came for a visit this weekend so I was busy. (Dad is in Philly and my Uncle is in NJ) I haven't seen my Uncle in a long time so it was good to see him and spend time with them. Will hopefully have an update up soon!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted an update, I have been really busy with work and life, haven't had much time to keep up with my TR. Here is a long overdue Update:

Day 6 Friday 5/7/10

Woke up fairly early (for us) and went down for breakfast, I had the make your own yogurt with strawberries and blueberries and Tim had the "Make your own Cereal", I think it was frosted flakes and he had banannas with it (they were hard dried ones, not fresh). I was disappointed that the yogurt was plain as I don't like plain, the fruit wasn't juicy enough to sweeten it too much, so I only ate about half of it. I had seen it other days and it looked like they had fruity flavored and Maybe even Vanilla sometimes. We used a couple of snack credits and I had a chocolate croissant and Tim had a bagel with Cream cheese. I had Chocolate milk and Apple juice and Tim had OJ, I think.

We got on the bus to MK and arrived at about 11am. I really wanted to ride the WDW Railroad so that's where we went first, we rode all the way around once then got off at the Frontierland station.

Here are a few pics coming in to the Magic Kingdom and the Train Station and ride:

Distrip210.jpg

Distrip211.jpg

Distrip212.jpg

Distrip214.jpg

My Mission was to Ride Splash and Big Thunder Mountain. Tim had been on BTMRR before so I knew that wouldn't be an issue but I thought it would take some convincing to get him on splash. I admit I did play the guilt card a little bit about having to leave the parks early the past couple days and I basically just said OK we're geting in line for this and he willingly got in the line. :woohoo: We got FP's for BTM and did stand By for Splash, which I think was about 30-35 minutes. It was REALLY hot waiting in the line and we were thankful for the chance to get wet on the ride after waiting in the heat. We really didn't get that wet but it was refreshing and it was hot enough that we dried fast. Here are a couple pics waiting in line and some on the ride:

Distrip215.jpg

Distrip218.jpg

Distrip217.jpg

Distrip219.jpg

We were in the back row, here is the ride Photo that I took a pic of, It didn't turn out that great:

Distrip220.jpg

And a couple from outside:

Took this one just after we went down the hill...

Distrip216.jpg

Distrip224.jpg

Distrip225.jpg

By the time we got off splash the FP return time was up for BTMRR, so we got in line, they had us each sit in our own row, it would have been cramped with both of us together. I was in the front row behind the "Engine" and I took these pics while on the ride:

Distrip222.jpg

I thought this one was neat of the 2 of us:

Distrip223.jpg

My 2nd Mission for today was to get a Dole Whip, so we headed towards Adventureland and picked up FP's for Jungle Cruise and then headed to Aloha Aisle! :thumbsup2 I got a Vanilla and Pinapple swirl, Tim doesn't like Pinapple :sad2: so he got just plain Vanilla soft serve. We used 2 snack credits, I didn't get any pics, unfortunately.

That's All I have time for today, next up, MK day cont'd and Jungle Cruise

Sorry it's been so long since I updated but I've been real busy with paperwork (or should I say Computer work ?) in the evenings:surfweb:

Day 6 Continued...

When I left off we were eating our Dole Whips, we had gotten a table in the shade, After our dole whips, it was too early for the Jungle cruise so we went over to the little Mini Jungle cruise boats and played on them for a little while, I couldn't get mine to go anywhere more than a foot either way but then Tim got on one and he was able to get his to go all over. It was a cute way to kill time and a little nostalgia from some of my earlier trips, here are a couple pics

Distrip226.jpg

Distrip227.jpg

We got in the FP line for the jungle cruise and waited about 5-10 minutes, I don't remember what the name of our boat or driver were but he was funny, most of the same corny jokes but a few others I thought were new. Here are a couple pics from the ride:

Distrip228.jpg

Distrip229.jpg

The BACK of Water!!
Distrip230.jpg

After Jungle cruise we headed over and went on Pirates of the Caribbean, only waited about 10 or 15 minutes, I think that's the shortest I ever waited for Pirates. I love this ride, and it was really hot out so the cool darkness inside was really appreciated! After POTC, we went through the rest of adventureland and over the bridge towards the castle and saw Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen, I took a couple pics, they didn't turn out too great but here they are: I love her dress, I think it's so pretty.

Distrip231.jpg

Distrip232.jpg

Then we headed over the other bridge into Liberty Square, walked through the Christmas shop and dodged the crowds waiting for the parade and into The Hall of Presidents, they had just started a show so it would be about 20 minutes or so but we just sat on one of the benches and took a rest in the a/c. I did take a couple pics in there of some of the stuff on display, including one of Nancy Reagan's dresses.

Distrip233.jpg

Distrip234.jpg

Distrip235.jpg

Distrip236.jpg

The parade was over by the time we came out of the HOP, then we went over to the Haunted Mansion, about a 15 minute wait

Distrip237.jpg

I had heard that Madame Leota's stone was animated, I don't know when they put it there, I don't remember seeing it on previous trips.

Distrip238.jpg

After the Haunted Mansion it was getting to be time to head out and over to the Wilderness Lodge for our ADR at the Whispering Canyon. We took our time walking down Main Street, We got a couple of Photopass pics taken as we were crossing the bridge towards the Hub

Distrip239.jpg

Here are a couple more pics on our way out:

Distrip240.jpg

Distrip241.jpg

CM's were jumping rope with one of the parade barriers

Distrip242.jpg

Distrip243.jpg

Distrip244.jpg

Continued in next post

We took the boat to the WL, waited a while for it, not sure how long but it seemed at least 20 minutes, and it was really Hot and stuffy under the covering at the boat dock. Some pics of the WL, this is such a beautiful resort. I would love to stay here someday.

Distrip245.jpg

Distrip246.jpg

Distrip247.jpg

Distrip248.jpg

Distrip249.jpg

Distrip250.jpg

We had to wait a little while for them to open for Dinner but not too long. Dinner was pretty good, we each had the skillet, and it was pretty good, it had roast chicken, shredded/pulled pork, potatoes, baked beans, ribs, beef, coleslaw. Tim really liked the Beef and the potatoes and had 2nds of each, I really liked the corn on the cob and the chicken, it had a really nice flavor, the BBQ sauce was really good too. I didn't get any food pics here except dessert which I'll post at the end. It was a fun dinner, not too many hyjinks (sp?) except when someone needs ketchup and everyone brings their ketchup to that table. Also they had all the kids galloping around the restaurant with those "horses" on a stick (I forget what they are called). The table behind us had someone with a food allergy and the chef came out a couple times, 1st to discuss the allergy and what they could/couldn't have and another time he brought out something he made special, I think it was french fries. I think it was a kid but I don't know what the allergy actually was because I had my back to them. I had put Tim's B-day on the ADR for this dinner and the waitress brought him a big cupcake, then she said he had to wait until she could get her "Choir" together. Then one of the waiters came over and she said it would have to be the 2 of them but they had been practicing in their free time and thought we would really like their song... Here is the video of them "singing" Happy B-day to Tim...:bday:

Distrip252.jpg

(they brought out a new cupcake after I turned off the video)

After dinner we went back to the MK. We didn't have to wait as long for the boat this time. The plan was to finish up as much as we could at MK this evening and then tomorrow we would go to Epcot for our ADR at Coral Reef but during the earlier part of the day we could go back to MK if there was anything we didn't finish and if there was time, I hoped to go to AK to ride the safari but we never did have time to do that...

Took this Pic of the Castle coming back up Main St, thought it was a nice one

Distrip254.jpg

We went to see the Monsters, Inc show, that was really cute and funny, neither of us had seen that movie but I liked the fact that it didn't matter, we could still enjoy the show. We went on the Carousel Of Progress, I love that one, but I still miss the other song ("Now is the Time"... I know the current song is actually the "original" but I really liked the other one). We also went on the TTA/People Mover I will always call it the People Mover, but I was happy to note that it is actually now called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover!! That made me happy! :) Took a couple pics near the COP and TTA

Distrip255.jpg

Distrip256-1.jpg

I know we went on the Speedway at some point after this but I can't remember what else we did, maybe nothing else, the park did close at about 9 this night. The next thing I have pics of (and notes on) is Wishes. I know we were headed to Peter Pan, but it was closed by then so we just watched Wishes from where they had the rest of Fantasyland roped off, near Dumbo. It was weird watching Wishes from back there, but good to see it from a different perspective. Some parts you had to turn back and forth to figure out where to look because there were things coming from both sides, which was neat. Here are a couple pics, they didn't turn out the best but they do look kind of cool.

Distrip259.jpg

Distrip263.jpg

Distrip262.jpg

Distrip260.jpg

It was a long trip to the bus this night, really crowded too, waited a long time and ended up standing on the way back to the Resort. (What happened to the "lighter" crowds in early May???!!) There was a LARGE group of kids on the bus headed to our resort that just arrived that day and went right to MK, from what I was hearing, it didn't seem like they had even checked in yet. I forget what school they were from, but they were a Band/Choir group if I'm not mistaken. They were a little loud but fairly well behaved. There were a decent amount of adult Chaperones with them, too, which I haven't always seen with other groups. We stopped in the food court for a snack and drink, I had one of these, it was good but I almost think the chocolate made it too sweet, I ended up giving Tim most of the "Ear" part. I don't know what Tim had.

Distrip266.jpg

I think it was close to or after 11 by the time we got to our room. I was Beat, Tim kept saying that Disney was kicking our butts!! :lmao:

Next Up, May 8th, Day 7 Back to MK, Epcot-- Coral Reef and Illuminations

I love the PP picture of you and your hubby in front of the castle :thumbsup2 I loved your double installment and agree that I miss the "Now is the time..." music. Sigh...Now I'll be singing 'It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" the rest of the day :goodvibes

Looking forward to Day 7!

I love the PP picture of you and your hubby in front of the castle :thumbsup2 I loved your double installment and agree that I miss the "Now is the time..." music. Sigh...Now I'll be singing 'It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" the rest of the day :goodvibes

Looking forward to Day 7!

I like that pic too, it is one of the better ones we had taken. Thanks for reading! Hope to put up day 7 soon! (at least not as long as it took me to finish day 6! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter