The Fall IS Incredible

Queen2PrincessG

DIS Veteran
Yes, the crowds were low and the weather perfect but i don't know if that is the reason I fell in love with Fall at the park.

I think it was the people cast members and visitors. Everyone just seemed happy to be on vacation and wanting to have fun. The lines were manageable and standby was fine . I think i only used Fast Pass on Everest.

Now don't get me wrong the summer is still my favorite because I'm weird. I love the humidity, the need for a "pool" break, and the later hours but it was nice to see the Kingdom decorated for Halloween and to be around for food and Wine.

While DD is young and school isn't an issue we will be going during the fall!

If you can swing it, I highly recommend it.

I totally agree! There is nothing like Disney in the fall. I think the workers are happier simply because the weather is tolerable for the first time in a long time. My nephew is a Supervisor in the parks and he is always exhausted in the summer from walking around in dress pants and long sleeve shirts in hot hot weather. He says when fall arrives he feels like he can breathe.

Agreed :thumbsup2
We always go in the fall months, just got back from a Sept 30th thru Oct 9th trip, it was awesome, only 1 day was rainy (and boy did it rain)
Just a great time to go :lovestruc

Yes, the crowds were low and the weather perfect but i don't know if that is the reason I fell in love with Fall at the park.

I think it was the people cast members and visitors. Everyone just seemed happy to be on vacation and wanting to have fun. The lines were manageable and standby was fine . I think i only used Fast Pass on Everest.

Now don't get me wrong the summer is still my favorite because I'm weird. I love the humidity, the need for a "pool" break, and the later hours but it was nice to see the Kingdom decorated for Halloween and to be around for food and Wine.

While DD is young and school isn't an issue we will be going during the fall!

If you can swing it, I highly recommend it.

What dates, we went last year the week of Halloween and found it to be much more crowded than expected.

I am glad everything went well for you on your trip.. there were many here who experienced some nasty nasty rains the last few weeks. In fact, there were threads about how bad the weather was going to be. You were one of the lucky vacationer's who were not rained on while in the "world".

One thing you do need to remember, while you had some great weather, it is still hurricane season and you can have a hurricane, tropical storm or tropical depression while traveling to Disney in the fall season. Some bad storms have come through parts of Fl in the months of September and October, so please keep that in mind when you are planning. Don't be surprised if you hear it is happening when you plan your next trip.. Some here don't think about that and wig out when they actually see it is happening during their planned trip ;)

You are also very lucky that you didn't hit any crowds.. I have gone up there this past Labor Day weekend, Sept 29th-Oct 2nd, & Oct 14-17th and found it to be fairly crowded each trip except for the last one. The last one, the only park that was really bad was Epcot. It was so crowded at night, I could hardly walk... but that is just me. What I call crowded, others may not :confused3 I am planning my Veteran's Day weekend trip now.. I am wondering how crowded that will be. I am thinking it will be slightly on the heavy side since it is Veteran's Day and schools are closed (which is why I am going).

Agreed :thumbsup2
We always go in the fall months, just got back from a Sept 30th thru Oct 9th trip, it was awesome, only 1 day was rainy (and boy did it rain)
Just a great time to go :lovestruc

:) We're booked for our first ever trip to WDW sept 29-oct 12 next year! :thumbsup2

What dates, we went last year the week of Halloween and found it to be much more crowded than expected.

Really? We were there Oct. 30-Nov. 5 last year and found the crowds to be divine!

Fall really is a wonderful time to go, we've definitely been bitten by the bug. Just got back and already planning another trip for next October. :rolleyes1

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
20.creation.jpg

We are about to make our first fall trip to WDW! We have made summer trips, with the 100 heat, followed by the 2-inch per hour T-storm, and then of course, the killer muggy air afterwards...:scared1:
And we've made the Christmas trips and had our backsides frozen to the concrete during the 2-hour "parade seat stakeouts".:eek:
Needless to say, we're hoping for some nice Chamber of Commerce photo op days next weekend! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter