The Fabby LapuLapuettes Part III: Our Rum Is Still Gone

Good morning, Lapuettes! Thank goodness it is Friday -- that's about all I can say about this morning since it is going down into the 20's here again with a wind advisory! I need to move to Key West!

No Twilight spoilers from me -- I am thinking I won't make it there this weekend at any rate and now Chelsea is expressing interest in reading the book so I may let her read it before we go.

TK, I will post that recipe this weekend.

LL, hope you are feeling better today -- rest up so you can enjoy yourself tonight!

Heidi, "a remake of the Lost Boys." :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Trixie, you are too funny about Cedric/Edward!

Good Morning.

I feel so much better than I did yesterday. So much better. I have never had the flu hit me so hard.

I am going to take it easy today so I can hopefully go see Twilight tonight. I won't spoil it for anyone, that goes without being said. :goodvibes

I totally moved my reservations to January 30 through February 8th. I can't hope for the P&PP any longer! Must make new plans! And I just finished changing all my ADR's as well, and got all of them, including Cindy's table, Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier! Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE.

This Sunday is my 4th anniversary with DH (awe) and we're planning on dinner and drinks at a place called Cabana here in Nashville. YUMMY stuff and I'm craving this salad they have with grilled pears and sweet pecans... MMMM!

I hope everyone going to Twilight tonight has a blast! I decided to wait to buy the books till Christmas as a gift for Kyle so I won't understand a thing for a long while, but I'm the kind of person who flips to the back of the book to find out how it ends so I actually LIKE spoilers! LOL

Good Evening Lapuettes.

I am still not feeling very well. I slept most of the day and just managed to hold down some gingerale and saltines. :sick:

I am going to try really hard to stay awake for Grey's.

:hug: I am glad you are feeling better today though! :goodvibes

TK, I will definitely post the pecan pie recipe that I use, and I am all for a recipe swap!

I would gladly swap my mint brownie recipe with anyone who would like it, and I have my chocolate chip cookies.

Since I'm the black sheep of the group and have no interest in seeing or reading Twilight you don't have to worry about spoilers from me! In fact every time I see the movie trailer I think "oh look they re-made Lost Boys".

You are not the only black sheep MRYPPNS. They are doing boys and girls movie night with meet up afterwards for drinks. I am tagging along with the boys to see James Bond again.:cloud9:

How is everyone this morning?

Good Morning.

I feel so much better than I did yesterday. So much better. I have never had the flu hit me so hard.

I am going to take it easy today so I can hopefully go see Twilight tonight. I won't spoil it for anyone, that goes without being said. :goodvibes

Glad you are feeling better! :love:

I just replied to your PM...:rolleyes1

He didn't have a huge vocabulary, but I remember one day it was just like an EXPLOSION of words!

Better than any other kind of explosion. (NONumberFour)

LL - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I know how much you were looking forward to your 'Twilit' weekend plans. :goodvibes

myersfmly - Woohoo! Another good review! The critics are liking it too.

CP - I am SO with you on the big TGIF for today!

Lara! You trip-switchin' fool you. If you don't stop doing that soon I'll never remember when you're actually going! LOL I'm only teasing. Congrats on bringing the trip 'closer'. P&PP or no, you're going to have a fantabulous time!!!

Trixie - I kept thinking I knew 'Edward's' face and it wasn't until I looked him up on IMDB that I realized he was Cedric. He looks so different as the brooding sort. LOL

I have a busy weekend ahead, myself. Not sure if we're going to fit Twilight into that or not. I may possibly be trading my car in tomorrow for a newer pre-owned Civic. I just need to confirm that they will do what I ask with the payments but it's looking good. Cross your fingers for me. I'll be said to be trading Baby in, but I think she understands. ;)

BF and I are also in the market for a king-size bed. We found one we liked but we also have an opportunity to take advantage of a friend's 30% off discount, so we're going to look at their store too.

I'm also supposed to get an oil change, have blood drawn and have a chest x-ray done AND continue to unpack.

Huh.

Yeah.

Wish me luck.

HEY LEGOMOM!
legokitty.jpg

Just sayin'. ;)

I'm the kind of person who flips to the back of the book to find out how it ends so I actually LIKE spoilers! LOL

I do that too! and if I don't like how it ends I rarely waste my time- I try to peek at presents too :rolleyes1

Congrats on your ADR's... I don't blame you for not holding out for the P&PP.

:You are not the only black sheep MRYPPNS. They are doing boys and girls movie night with meet up afterwards for drinks. I am tagging along with the boys to see James Bond again.:cloud9:

How is everyone this morning?

And you like football so we can be sheep together!

I had lab work done today. My veins are so small that she took it from my hand (which I now prefer). And I had my flu shot finally.

Then I paid for the lumber that DH ordered. Then I decided to take myself out to eat at Wendy's. It was nice to hear myself think for 20 minutes!

Then I did a little shopping and got Liam a winter coat and John a Carhart jacket for when he's working outside on the addition.

Now the peanut is waking up from his nap so I have to go and be Mommy again.

Lara! You trip-switchin' fool you. If you don't stop doing that soon I'll never remember when you're actually going! LOL I'm only teasing. Congrats on bringing the trip 'closer'. P&PP or no, you're going to have a fantabulous time!!!

I swear this is the LAST ONE! :laughing: Today is 70 days from the new date, so it'll be coming up quick!

I do that too! and if I don't like how it ends I rarely waste my time- I try to peek at presents too :rolleyes1

Congrats on your ADR's... I don't blame you for not holding out for the P&PP.

Yeah, first I was mad, then I realized I was adjusting EVERYTHING for a 3 hour party that may not happen. Plus we're saving $300 by going 20 days early!

I'll be back to play later -- I just wanted to post this before I forgot.

Here is the recipe I use -- straight from the Karo's Corn Syrup Website:

Classic Pecan Pie

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
• 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
• 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
• 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
3. Bake on center rack of oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
4. **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
5. RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
6. NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
7. High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

And you like football so we can be sheep together!

Add me to that flock.

Oh.

And.

Um.

Heidi?

Since when have you been pregnant?????

Well, I can actually see that from your ticker but I had no idea!!!!! Congratulations! I'm assuming this was announced when I was nonDIS over the past couple of weeks. I'm excited for you. How are you feeling?

OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink you ROCK! :thumbsup2

I try. :blush:

Yes on football! Can I be a sheep too?...:flower3: .

BAAAAAAA.

I'll be back to play later -- I just wanted to post this before I forgot.

Here is the recipe I use -- straight from the Karo's Corn Syrup Website:

Classic Pecan Pie

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
• 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
• 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
• 1 (9-inch) unbaked or frozen** deep-dish pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
3. Bake on center rack of oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
4. **To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
5. RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
6. NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
7. High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

Jackie,

Thanks sooo much!!! I have been googling pecan pie recipes all day and not sure if any were any good!

Add me to that flock.

Oh.

And.

Um.

Heidi?

Since when have you been pregnant?????

Well, I can actually see that from your ticker but I had no idea!!!!! Congratulations! I'm assuming this was announced when I was nonDIS over the past couple of weeks. I'm excited for you. How are you feeling?

I'm starting to feel better. Much less morning sickness....now if I could just get some sleep!

Thanks a lot, ladies!

As suspected, I have started and am entirely consumed with Twilight. Way to feed an obsessive personality. ;)

That movie was just delightful. So delightful that I wish to go see it again tomorrow....think I can convince Marc to go with me? :rolleyes1

The only thing I didn't like about it was the entire Massachusetts population of tween girls. Oh. My. God. I don't think I ever squealed like that at any age. I needed an ear plug for the girl behind me. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter