The Fabby LapuLapuettes Part III: Our Rum Is Still Gone

Good Morning Gals!!!! I will gladly accept the title of "Closet Bulimic" because of my purging ways---hey, I will gladly come over and start throwing out old junk from anyone else's closet who might need it----ask my Mom.........I once spent an afternoon reorganizing her closet while she was at work. Trust me, most of that stuff HAD TO GO!!!!!! I am still in the purging mood, so I feel like I will be moving on to something new today!!!! Can't WAIT!
Purging is good for the soul.

Happy Tuesday, all!

After suffering a bout of bad-back-itis (pinch nerved) I'm back and have tons going on. Okay not really tons going on but stuff going on for sure!

Going to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving (10 hours in the car, UGH)... and since we won't be here to put up the tree on Thanksgiving day as we always do, I did it last weekend!

It's Christmas time in our house! I'm going to try to post some pics of the tree on my PTR in a bit.

I've already done all my shopping for the little girls and still have to finish for my DH and the big kids... I love the holidays!
Yaya for Christmas!!!

Who needs to function???:confused3

:lmao: This is true. My cube mate keeps trying to convince me to go to the midnight show but we already have our tickets for Friday night so I don't want to be out that money.

I had the most lovely dream that I was married to Edward last night. I did not want to wake up let me tell you. :cloud9:

I had the most lovely dream that I was married to Edward last night. I did not want to wake up let me tell you. :cloud9:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I feel soooo much better! I thought it was just me. Half the time I wake up and can't remember much but know it was some kind of Twilight dream...

It's a sickness I tell ya!!

I :love: Black Friday! I have friends who wouldn't be caught dead in the crowds but I am energized by them. (As long as they are friendly crowds, I hate the competitive or grouchy ones)

A major advantage to the education business is knowing I get days off. Now that have moved from high school to the college level, I get 3 WEEKS off for christmas!

Good Morning Ladies!! Hope you had a great night!!

LL I'm sending you warm thoughts and wishes as you deal (or not deal) with your MIL!!!

I too work in the education business...I'm a high school teacher, although I'm hoping with our next move that I can move to the collegiate level LOL!!!

I can't wait for Black Friday I'm going out with some girlfriends of mine so it will be nice to have the company although I really just want to get a GPS so I'm keeping my eyes peeled online and in the ads LOL!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY Everyone!!

I feel soooo much better! I thought it was just me. Half the time I wake up and can't remember much but know it was some kind of Twilight dream...

I am going to have to find us some Twilight Zen......

LL I'm sending you warm thoughts and wishes as you deal (or not deal) with your MIL!!!

I too work in the education business...I'm a high school teacher, although I'm hoping with our next move that I can move to the collegiate level LOL!!!

I can't wait for Black Friday I'm going out with some girlfriends of mine so it will be nice to have the company although I really just want to get a GPS so I'm keeping my eyes peeled online and in the ads LOL!!!

Thanks! :hug:

Good luck with a career move. Teaching freshman in college is much nicer than freshman in high school! I am however getting to the point of being ready for the semester to be over. I always felt this way when I was a student so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I feel the same way as the instructor. Part of the reason I went into education probably is its cycles. I like finishing a semester and restarting a new one fresh.

Good luck with your Black Friday sales! DH will be one of the 3 am shoppers too. (although I suspect it is nicer in FL at that time than here in Iowa, Brrr!)

I'm really making an effort to not drool on my work keyboard....

edc.jpg

prom4.jpg
Twilight-movie-still-twilight-serie.jpg

twilight-movie-image-71.jpg

I'm really making an effort to not drool on my work keyboard....

edc.jpg

prom4.jpg
Twilight-movie-still-twilight-serie.jpg

twilight-movie-image-71.jpg

Holy cow!!:cloud9:

I am looking forward to my Black Friday shopping! I am not after anything specific so I am not sure how much I'll do, but it is payday :banana: and always a fun way for me to officially start the season!

Holy cow!!:cloud9:

I am looking forward to my Black Friday shopping! I am not after anything specific so I am not sure how much I'll do, but it is payday :banana: and always a fun way for me to officially start the season!

HolyMoly!! I completely forgot I was going to get paid on that day!!! This makes things all the more interesting!!:rotfl:

Ummmm.....you think they could have photoshopped out the wire his is attached to......
I think that picture was from a site where they were showing pictures on the movie set so that is probably why. I was too busy drooling.

I like the one where it looks like they are dancing! :goodvibes
I love them all. :lmao:
HolyMoly!! I completely forgot I was going to get paid on that day!!! This makes things all the more interesting!!:rotfl:
Uh oh! :rotfl2:

There was something that I was dying to tell y'all when I got a chance, and now that I have a chance I cannot remember it to save my life. Grrrr.

Oh I totally agree. There will be no flaming. I get so flustered when people say that kind of stuff to me that I am dumbfounded in the moment. I really haven't been spending much time with her at all lately. Which I like but I still loathe her phone calls. I think she's getting the idea that I don't care for the way she treats us.

:hug: I have to say I don't blame you when it comes to your MIL....

I am sorry about your MIL and FIL drama. I hope it can get better soon!

She can whine all she wants.....but make sure she doesn't get into Marc's head that you are trying to keep him away from his family.

This would be the best suggestion that anyone can give you LL!

I hope my next stay at Disney will be the Poly. My plan is to wait longer between trips and save for it to justify the extra expense - and hopefully stumble across a great deal or code in time to book... 2011 sounds like a good goal for that!:thumbsup2

I feel the same way. I would rather save up and splurge a little and really enjoy the resort, like we did in September.

I felt exactly the same way where I used to work! In fact I'm having lunch today with the last 2 ladies there that I can stand.

I like most of my co-workers, but as with any group of women there are some days that make me cringe. A LOT.

Thanks. I am dreading the next time I have to see her. I have set a personal goal of not seeing her until Christmas Eve. :lmao:

I don't see any reason for you to have to be all over each other. She's your mother in law, not your best friend.

Christmas will be the next time I see my MIL and I like her! Riddle me this Catwoman.....why do you see you MIL so much? My in laws only live about 50 minutes away and we have one of their grandchildren and we only see them every few months. John might stop by their house without us after work sometimes. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to spend so much time with her if you don't want to. She's gonna be pissy any way you cut it so you might as well save yourself the face to face time. Just my 2 cents.

I hate to be harping on this, but I totally agree with Heidi. Whenever I go to see my MIL, I take everything with a grain of salt and try to enjoy her good qualities. Regardless of what I think, I'm always able to find some redeeming qualities, you know?

Also, my MIL has been invited SEVERAL times to dine in our home, visit her grandchild, etc, and apparently, the road doesn't run both ways. We've lived here three years and I can count on one hand the number of times she's been in my home. I stopped being offended over it. It is what it is.

.....the War of Carppy Cookies has begun.

2571326493_036d730cdb.jpg

I have no idea what this image looks like, because on my computer, it's a big ole red x. :confused3

Ooo, I can see it now that I previewed my post.

Well, honey, it's going to be a short war.

The sugar cookies I made are all gone. I could take a picture of the crumbs and leftover sprinkles if you want.

We just don't do carppy cookies in this household. ;)

She was whining on the phone last night that Marc & I weren't going to go to a cousin gathering over this weekend at a camp up in Maine. That is so not my scene, it's one thing hanging out with his cousins for the evening but not for the whole weekend at a camp in the middle of November. Blech. She's mad that we aren't making an effort to spend with family. Tough Cookies Lady, it's none of your business.

Also, in this case, I know it bothers you, but I would just let Marc handle it. You don't have to be involved, hon, and kevitching over it will only make you feel worse. :hug:

Sorry you don't like your job. I do feel lucky to now have a job I enjoy. I was in the same job for the last 8 years and was quite unhappy the last couple of them. Quitting was scary because I didn't know where I was going to end up. I took the leap believing that when one door closes, another opens. I gave myself a time limit to searching for the "right" job before I started to apply for ANY job I could find. I was hired for my new job the last week of my time limit!

That's awesome! I dream of a job like that. In truth, I love the majority of my customers, it's the work BS that drags me down.

Good Morning Gals!!!! I will gladly accept the title of "Closet Bulimic" because of my purging ways---hey, I will gladly come over and start throwing out old junk from anyone else's closet who might need it----ask my Mom.........I once spent an afternoon reorganizing her closet while she was at work. Trust me, most of that stuff HAD TO GO!!!!!! I am still in the purging mood, so I feel like I will be moving on to something new today!!!! Can't WAIT!

Man, maybe I need to hire you to come do our closets. :lmao:

Happy Tuesday, all!

It's Christmas time in our house! I'm going to try to post some pics of the tree on my PTR in a bit.

I've already done all my shopping for the little girls and still have to finish for my DH and the big kids... I love the holidays!

Exciting! Can't wait to see pictures! :goodvibes

Okay, for you and LL, when I dream it's not so much about Twilight.

It just doesn't...

do it for me...

like this guy does...

TinkBDay-1.jpg

So when I dream, it's TOTALLY of him. ;) ;)

Morning to you, hon! I hope you enjoy your Black Friday shopping!

That first picture is the one that I have had on my computer desktop at work for the last two months. :love: :love: :love:

I find it really incredible that the actor playing Edward (Rob, is it?) really perfected that half crooked grin. That is exactly what I pictured it to look like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter