The Fab Four Hit WDW! Updated: This Time Next Week Posts!

So....last night on our walk to the park I was telling Rob about the new free dining deal and he said "Wouldn't it be nice to go back in December right before free dining ends?" Yes it would be great!!!!

I think he was just "thinking out loud" but wouldn't that be great...ah, a girl can dream. :)

Haha! That would be awesome! But you never know, maybe you're dream could come true! ;)

I think a lot like your husband :lmao: If we weren't possibly going to Phoenix in early Jan. I'd be thinking harder about it.

Quick -- book it and then say, "But you said..." :lmao:

:lmao:

Haha! That would be awesome! But you never know, maybe you're dream could come true! ;)

I have a feeling I would need a TON of pixie dust to make that dream come true. He hasn't mentioned a word since....

I think a lot like your husband :lmao: If we weren't possibly going to Phoenix in early Jan. I'd be thinking harder about it.

Ohhh, Phoenix sounds fun. We have NO trips planned past this one.

Hi Friends! I was hoping for a DHS update tonight, but I've been using my DIS time to catch up on my scrapbooks.

I'm up to October 2008 for my DS and Sept. 2008 for my DD. :faint:

I'm waiting on more pictures so I hope to catch up on all my subscriptions and update a little here tonight and tomorrow. :goodvibes: Thanks for hanging in there. :)

Today we went to the Toledo Zoo for the first time. It isn't a very big zoo, but it is so nice! They have a lot of things to do for Preschoolers/Elementary aged kids. A lot nicer than the Detroit Zoo IMO.

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

They have this new section called Nature's Neighborhood and it has a "living stream" and they have a guide who explains about building dams, not polluting water, and other fun facts. The kids loved it.

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

They also have a sand box in this same section where they talk about erosion.
IMG_3334.jpg

Then you go inside this little house and they have a real beehive behind glass, a spider exhibit, and a fun little "pool" for babies.

IMG_3343.jpg

A. really showed off her climbing abilities...in Crocs! :laughing:
IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

They also have a new section called "Africa". It reminded me so much of AK! It made me miss it even more. There was even a sign that said "JAMBO!"

We ran into this guy:
IMG_3357.jpg

A. said, "Let's pretend we are scared of him Mommy."
IMG_3358.jpg

Here's the real deal. He was feeling lazy this day.
IMG_3360.jpg

Towards the back they had an observation deck for Zebras and Giraffes. So nice!
IMG_3365.jpg

If you live near Toledo, it is def. worth a day trip!

I PROMISE my next post will be about HS! :goodvibes

What a fun time at the zoo!!! I love the pics of DD with the dog and giraffe heads on -- too funny!!! :rotfl: I about died laughing over the picture of you and DD being "scared" by the polar bear!!! :rotfl2:

What a cute family you guys make. We haven't been to the Toldeo Zoo in awhile, but my inlaws live in Ann Arbor which isn't far. Next time we visit, we'll head down.:thumbsup2 I love the stream! My son would eat that up for sure!

What a great zoo! It looks like you had a great day. As for Phoenix, we may be heading to the Packer/Cardinal game down there.

Subscribing! :lovestruc Great PTR!!! I've been in awe of SSR since we saw it being built (early 2005 when we were there I think :confused3 ). It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see/hear all about it in your TR!!!

Lovely photos...

I love DS's sun hat...& I love that DD managed to climb the web in her crocs...

and you do look properly frighted of the polar bear... :goodvibes but actually looking at the size of it-you definately would not want to be surprised by one of those...:confused3-

Love the pictures of the Toledo zoo, I am sure that it would be a hit with my kids too. Don't you have a good Polar Bear Exhibit though?

B is getting so big... is he walking yet, or just going around things? Luke might be my earliest walker, he is starting to let go of things and is up and going around anything he can.

Hey... I love the photos from the Zoo... as a child it was one of my favorite things to do! I"ll have to zip through all the old post to really catch up on what I missed while I had my weekend trip to WDW all the way from Canada. By the way WERE BACK.. from the worst trip in WDW at POP we have EVER experienced. I"m so bitter about it.. i'll to give myself a couple of days to see the good before I start my TR or it might be labelled:

The Trip From H*ll- Were Back
It was NOT the time of our lives
Can it get any worse? IT SURE CAN!
Then catch a flight home early, I don't care!
I HATE DISNEY TRANSPORTATION.
We will never stay at POP CENTURY again, or will we?

My PTR seems close (that was fast) so I can't let everyone know i'm back....

What a great zoo day! I am impressed at all the things there were for younger children. Looks like you had some wonderful family time.

What a fun time at the zoo!!! I love the pics of DD with the dog and giraffe heads on -- too funny!!! :rotfl: I about died laughing over the picture of you and DD being "scared" by the polar bear!!! :rotfl2:

They had a bunch of those heads, but there were a lot of kids waiting so we only got to do 2.

Yeah, looking at the photo it looks like A. is saying "Mom, what are you doing?" Oh well, let the embarrassment begin! :laughing:

What a cute family you guys make. We haven't been to the Toldeo Zoo in awhile, but my inlaws live in Ann Arbor which isn't far. Next time we visit, we'll head down.:thumbsup2 I love the stream! My son would eat that up for sure!

You should go! It is a lot of fun. We are actually going back later this week with some friends.

What a great zoo! It looks like you had a great day. As for Phoenix, we may be heading to the Packer/Cardinal game down there.

Oh, that sounds like fun!

Subscribing! :lovestruc Great PTR!!! I've been in awe of SSR since we saw it being built (early 2005 when we were there I think :confused3 ). It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see/hear all about it in your TR!!!

Welcome!! We are very excited about staying at SSR. I have read mixed reviews, but it really is our type of place.

Lovely photos...

I love DS's sun hat...& I love that DD managed to climb the web in her crocs...

and you do look properly frighted of the polar bear... :goodvibes but actually looking at the size of it-you definately would not want to be surprised by one of those...:confused3-

Thanks! B. hat is from Old Navy and it has crabs all over it. :) I was surprised she could climb it in her crocs, but she was fine!

Yeah, I think you would only see the back of me if I saw a polar bear that big. :laughing:

Love the pictures of the Toledo zoo, I am sure that it would be a hit with my kids too. Don't you have a good Polar Bear Exhibit though?

B is getting so big... is he walking yet, or just going around things? Luke might be my earliest walker, he is starting to let go of things and is up and going around anything he can.

Yes, Detroit has a great Polar Bear exhibit where you walk under the water. We don't like Detroit as much because it is very big and isn't being maintained that well. It's sad.

B. is cruising around all the furniture. We're just waiting for the first step. A. started walking at 9 months, so we feel like B. is behind. :laughing:

Hey... I love the photos from the Zoo... as a child it was one of my favorite things to do! I"ll have to zip through all the old post to really catch up on what I missed while I had my weekend trip to WDW all the way from Canada. By the way WERE BACK.. from the worst trip in WDW at POP we have EVER experienced. I"m so bitter about it.. i'll to give myself a couple of days to see the good before I start my TR or it might be labelled:

The Trip From H*ll- Were Back
It was NOT the time of our lives
Can it get any worse? IT SURE CAN!
Then catch a flight home early, I don't care!
I HATE DISNEY TRANSPORTATION.
We will never stay at POP CENTURY again, or will we?

My PTR seems close (that was fast) so I can't let everyone know i'm back....

I saw that your PTR was closed! You had just left too!! I wanted to comment on each day that you were gone. :(

I'm sorry to hear that your trip wasn't fun or what you were expecting. :( I know how much you were looking forward to it. I wonder what happened at POP? We loved it there.

Let me know when you start your TR. I can't wait to read it.

What a great zoo day! I am impressed at all the things there were for younger children. Looks like you had some wonderful family time.

Thanks! Yeah, it was really a cool place.

I see you only have 6 DAYS!!!!! :woohoo:

Hey there! Just wanted you to know that I am working my way through your PTR. Sorry it has taken me so long to comment but I usually like to read through a whole report before I comment, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Right now I am on page 7.

First of all, your kids are so cute! Love the picture of them on the first page.

Also, we loved the Country Bear Jamboree. This was one of Dylan's favorite things that we did. We used to go all the time when they had it at Disneyland but they got rid of it to make room for Winnie the Pooh. So it is a treat for us to see it in Florida.

Last, I think it is so cool that your daughter is in gymnastics. I used to do gymnastics for years and I coached for more than 6 years. I think it is such a great sport for little kids to participate in.

Ok, I'll stop now. I'm sure I'll pipe in w/ more comments as I keep catching up!

Hey there! Just wanted you to know that I am working my way through your PTR. Sorry it has taken me so long to comment but I usually like to read through a whole report before I comment, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Right now I am on page 7.

First of all, your kids are so cute! Love the picture of them on the first page.

Also, we loved the Country Bear Jamboree. This was one of Dylan's favorite things that we did. We used to go all the time when they had it at Disneyland but they got rid of it to make room for Winnie the Pooh. So it is a treat for us to see it in Florida.

Last, I think it is so cool that your daughter is in gymnastics. I used to do gymnastics for years and I coached for more than 6 years. I think it is such a great sport for little kids to participate in.

Ok, I'll stop now. I'm sure I'll pipe in w/ more comments as I keep catching up!

Hey you!! I just read your latest update!

Gymnastics is really fun. She did it last summer too, but this summer she is really catching on.

So...we only have one day planned for HS. I know, I know. I tried to squeeze in another 1/2 day, but we would rather spend it at Epcot or AK.

Our MUST Do List:

Toy Story Midway Mania -- We are so excited about this ride, we MUST ride it.

Muppet Vision 3-D

Playhouse Disney Live -- A. loves all things Playhouse Disney and loved the show the last time we saw it.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set -- We didn't do this last time because it was super hot that day, I'm really want to do it this time.

Meet Woody and Jessie - A. loves them both and I read that they are in the area by the ride, so hopefully we can find them.

On this day they have EMH so we want to come and "dance" with the characters in the Playhouse Disney area. It may just be A. and I. We'll have to see how our day goes.

And..that's it for the must do list. It's short. That is why we only have 1 day planned.

Things we would like to do:

Indiana Jones & Lights, Motors, Action! -- Rob wants to do both of these. I told him I would watch the kids while he did ONE of them. So I'll leave it up to him to decide.

Tower of Terror- I LOVE this ride! I'm hoping to get a fast pass and then do a parent swap. If we can't do it, then we can't do it. I'll get over it. Maybe. ;)

Beauty and the Beast

The Great Movie Ride - I haven't done this since I was a cast member! Rob isn't interested, so I guess it will be his turn to watch the kids.

Our ADR for this day is SciFi and I'm still not 100% on it. I'm worried that it is going to be to quiet in there for my Motor Mouth child. :laughing:

What do you think? Suggestions?

Oh, and I almost forgot! I got my confirmation letter from my DVC owner. I am SO thankful that I found a great family to rent points from for this trip! It really is a lot of work for the owner to rent points out, so thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter