The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

➡️ LINK TO THE OLD THREAD - The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread I

http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-everything-victoria-alberts-thread.2231469/

please use this thread as the old one was outdated...Hopefully Booger will put his very nice reviews and photos back in this one..

So glad to see a new thread! :thumbsup2

...and if anyone is interested in pics of the 7 and 10 courses we had in the MDR in Nov, I would be willing to share those as well. This includes pics of the new tableside pre-meal complimentary cocktails, cheese trolley cart, and chocolate choices. I just need to locate our personalized menus first...

Last edited:
please do...the other thread was started in 2009 and very outdated...then the last few pages on that thread were more up to date...so please post your photos..

Glad to see the new thread. At the end of the old, we were discussing Chef's Table reservations. Thought I'd share my experience. I have a split stay: 1 night, followed by 3 nights. At the 180 day mark for my first stay, I attempted to book Chef's table right at 6am EDT online and it was unavailable. I am not sure if this is because CT doesn't go through the online reservation system, or that it was truly not available for that night at that time. I was able to book QV Room at any of the 4 times for that night, so I went ahead and secured the ADR at 5pm.

At 9am EDT, I called the V&A reservations number and spoke to a very nice lady who advised me that CT was already booked for that night 180 days out. She was also nice enough to look at our entire stay and let me know that CT was already booked for all four nights. She offered to put me on the wait list for any/all nights and suggested that I book QVR as backup. QVR for the 2nd night of our stay (my husband's birthday) was not available, as they have a private event scheduled in that room on that night (I had not heard of them doing this before, so I thought that was interesting.).

Although I was not at my 180+ mark for the second part of my split stay, the CM added me to the wait list for all four nights. She was also able to tell me that for "some nights" I am first on the wait list, while for "other nights" there is already someone on the wait list. She didn't say how many or which nights, but I assume 2/2 based on the context. She said I have a decent chance that someone will cancel and we will be able to do CT one of our nights.

She also confirmed that there was no reason for me to call back the next morning to check availability for the second part of my split stay, which was nice, since I'm on Central time, rather than Eastern.

I hope this info is helpful to someone. We are going during the first week of F&W Festival, which is a slow time of year, but we know there will be lots of foodies there. Also, it's a weekend, so I assume maybe some locals will be at V&A, making it tougher to get the CT.

please do...the other thread was started in 2009 and very outdated...then the last few pages on that thread were more up to date...so please post your photos..

Will do. This post will be my placeholder.

Sorry for the delay everyone - Life was busy, so haven't been on in a little while.

Here's pictures:
Menu as of 3/2016

IMG_3522small.jpg

Quick points:
1) Alaskan Sablefish is 'the bomb' - Asian flavor with the Baby Bok Choy
2) Get the Turbot add on if you can - it's soooo good
3) The "Porchetta" was the only thing I didn't absolutely 'love' c/w rest of menu..
4) Miyazaki Wagyu - oh yes - well worth it

Here's a picture of most of the whole room and table... Kitchen would be to the left (you can see where Israel is standing)... There's a set of cabinets similar to the ones you can see , 'behind me' also

IMG_3523small.jpg

995.JPG

Last edited:

Cauliflower Panna Cotta with Siberian Caviar
1003.JPG

Roulade of Smoked Salmon and Alaskan King Crab

1010.JPG

Alaskan Sablefish with Baby Bok Choy

1015.JPG

Last edited:
Turbot with Toasted Capers and Preserved Lemon (love the sauce)

1017.JPG

Scottish Langoustine with Nage Crema (better than lobster!)

1019.JPG

Truffled Chicken with Chanterelle Mushrooms

1023.JPG

Berkshire "Porchetta"

1024.JPG

Last edited:
Love the pictures, thanks for posting!!

Hey, here's a question for those who've been... do you find that you need to go back to your hotel and lie down after one of these meals, or is wandering MK after you're done an option?

Love the pictures, thanks for posting!!

Hey, here's a question for those who've been... do you find that you need to go back to your hotel and lie down after one of these meals, or is wandering MK after you're done an option?
We had the 10 course with wine parings in the Queen Victoria Room in Feb and we had the 5:30pm reservation. We certainly weren't rushing the evening but we were there about 4 hours give or take....with coffee and everything I'd say we were leaving about 10ish to be honest
We weren't sloshed and needing a lie down for that reason but we were exhausted largely due to it being our wedding day.
I personally don't think anyone should PLAN anything after the meal but a leisurely stroll would be possible depending on your alcohol consumption/tolerance.
Food wise there wasn't an issue in being overstuffed because you dine over 3-4 hours....it's quality over quantity...

I tried getting Chef's table for our 10th anniversary dinner in Sept. When I called at our 180+ I was told it had just been reserved the day before I called :eek: We were put on the wait list though just in case! I didn't try for another day because Sept 23rd is our actual anniversary day and we are doing a vow renewal at the Poly, so I wanted to go to V&A that day as our own personal 'reception'.

I don't have high hopes for scoring the chef's table, but definitely won't complain about being in the main dining room either. I am certain it will still be amazing and the perfect end to our special day!

We are going for the first time on my birthday in November. I am beyond excited as we are true Disney Addicts and this will be one of our crowning dining experiences.

Two questions:
1) Is it recommended for people who don't drink alcohol?
2) Is getting a reservation at 120 days out even a remote possibility? I don't see any availability during Nov 5th-14th as of now.

Two questions:

I do not know if things have changed and I can only speak of my experiences in the main dining room in late September 2015 but they had a variety of beverages to chose from. While I do drink on occasion I chose to order only the pairing for my meat course. I ordered a bottle of water from their water menu (which I thought was a really cool concept). I believe you can also get a variety of the usual soft drinks or iced tea and of course they also have their coffee service (and by the way they also have a very similar tea service, I opted for an herbal tea due to the latest of our seating).

Two questions:
2) Is getting a reservation at 120 days out even a remote possibility? I don't see any availability during Nov 5th-14th as of now.
It's worth it even if you don't drink. I mean, you should, because the wine is top-notch and delicious, but the meal isn't detracted from by not drinking. My partner ordered a soda last time we were there and nobody cared.
However, at 120 days, your chances of getting a reservation are all but shot. Go ahead and ask to be waitlisted for the whole week, but set your expectations low.

Two questions:

I went when I was 18 (granted that was a long time ago) and had no issue with not drinking. They have really good iced tea from what I remember. My mom also doesn't drink and that wasn't an issue at all!

I'd echo what Nixon said above - call to be wait listed! It doesn't hurt and if you get in it will be a nice surprise.

@justlook3 - How do they serve the tea? Is it also in one of the vacuum pots like the coffee or another way?

I'm just reading this and reliving the lovely night we had last March when our friends took us to V&A's. Although we didn't have the Chef's table, my friend made the reservation about a week before we went. I couldn't believe she could book it so close to our arrival, and it was during spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter