The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attempting (I say attempting because I've never successfully pulled it off) to surprise my spouse on our 25th anniversary by flying us down to WDW for dinner at V & A's.
We've dined there previously, once at the Chef's Table, and I seem to remember that we were called at home and asked our food preferences.
Of course this would spoil the surprise so I'm trying to find out if I'm delusional and remembering incorrectly or if I should attempt to stop this from happening.
Anyone who can help?
Thanks.

Call them directly and tell them you want to talk to them directly and give them a number they can use... (407) 824-1893

Hi! I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for the Chef's Table for our upcoming trip. I'm really looking forward to this. It's been a long time dream of mine, to eat at V&A's. How long should we allow for this meal? Is 4 hours sufficient?

TIA,
Lzy

Hi! I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for the Chef's Table for our upcoming trip. I'm really looking forward to this. It's been a long time dream of mine, to eat at V&A's. How long should we allow for this meal? Is 4 hours sufficient?

TIA,
Lzy
4 hours at CT should be ok, if your group is small. We've done it only with large groups and it took 4 -5 hours (with a nice break in there to allow the food to digest before going back for more)

4 hours at CT should be ok, if your group is small. We've done it only with large groups and it took 4 -5 hours (with a nice break in there to allow the food to digest before going back for more)

Great. Thanks. There will only be 2 of us. Wishes is at 10pm. I would love to catch the show after we eat, but definitely don't want to rush the meal.

I'm envious of all of you that have been able to get a reservation for the Chef's Table... I tried for every day of my upcoming trip in June. Oh well, I'm going to have to settle for the Queen Victoria's Room instead. :goodvibes

I thought I read some reports that the Chef's Table has a more personalized touch - the chef would talk with you before you dine, ask about preferences, and you'd have a chance to influence your meal. Is that true, or is it the same meal as in QVR, but in the kitchen? The sample menu online shows CT and QVR to be identical except for what I assume are slightly nicer cheeses for the cheese course.

I'd just like to be able to say to the chef "I like strong, bold flavors. She likes simple, airy flavors. I like spice, etc."

I thought I read some reports that the Chef's Table has a more personalized touch - the chef would talk with you before you dine, ask about preferences, and you'd have a chance to influence your meal. Is that true, or is it the same meal as in QVR, but in the kitchen? The sample menu online shows CT and QVR to be identical except for what I assume are slightly nicer cheeses for the cheese course. I'd just like to be able to say to the chef "I like strong, bold flavors. She likes simple, airy flavors. I like spice, etc."

They call before to ask preferences and then they make the menu before you go. It's all based on what's in season. They do not create it after you get there.

They call before to ask preferences and then they make the menu before you go. It's all based on what's in season. They do not create it after you get there.
That being said, I have also heard that the chef can/will sometimes tweak a dish based on conversations at the Chef's Table - but it's always based on the QVR menu choices.

TIA,
Lzy

We ate in the QV room in December and our meal was just shy of 5 hours, so don't be surprised if you miss Wishes that night. Or let the wait staff know you'd like to take a break for the fireworks.

That being said, I have also heard that the chef can/will sometimes tweak a dish based on conversations at the Chef's Table - but it's always based on the QVR menu choices.

They can make minor changes. But the chefs create based on what's available. Best you tell them preferences when they call you so everything can be perfect for the experience. Plus they pre print the menu for you to take home

Hi! I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for the Chef's Table for our upcoming trip. I'm really looking forward to this. It's been a long time dream of mine, to eat at V&A's. How long should we allow for this meal? Is 4 hours sufficient? TIA, Lzy

We just dined at the chef's table on the 18th. Took 4.5 hours for 2 of us. Go very hungry!

So, I am sure somebody knows... Can I charge V&A's to my room? I'll be in a deluxe resort so the limit won't be a problem, I'm just wondering, so I don't have to lug a dozen Disney gift cards with me.

So, I am sure somebody knows... Can I charge V&A's to my room? I'll be in a deluxe resort so the limit won't be a problem, I'm just wondering, so I don't have to lug a dozen Disney gift cards with me.

Yes you can.

Jill in CO

Yes u can but make sure u go pay on it asap. We waiting until 10am the next morning and they already charged our card. When u hit close to 1500 they charge ur card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter