The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews! :) Was the butternut squash soup still a hot appetizer option when you went?

Thank you so much for the reviews. DH and I will be going around Christmas time and I'm very excited.

Thank you both :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed the review. Forever Fairy, I hope you enjoy your upcoming dinner there!! This was definitely at the top of our list of things we were excited about for our last trip, and it absolutely lived up to our expectations.

Yum! Can't wait to eat there a week from tomorrow!

Jill in CO

I think I just made V&A reservations for January, online. I had to enter my CC number. Does that sound right? Are they taking online reservations now?

I don't recall being offered the wine paring option. Is that something that can be decided when we arrive? Or, should I call WDW DINE and add it ahead of time?

Can't wait to eat there! TIA

Yes, they are taking online reservations now (for the main dining room at least). They ask for your credit card number as part of their cancellation policy. You can add the wine pairing when you get there. :)

I have a weird and random question. I need to make a salon trip ASAP. My hair is looking rough. (I'm growing out, and it keeps looking mullet-esque. *shudder*) Anyway, I'm really really really wanting to go pretty outrageous with the color again. I'm thinking bright pink; it's really my fave. My concern - Victoria & Albert's. Do you think the hair color would be a problem? I don't want to get turned away or anything.

Ohhh GO and have fun!!!!

I'm sure it will add character to the place that night!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Ladies, We are planning to eat at V&A next month, and I am looking for a dress. I want to make sure I am not overdressed. I was looking for a cocktail dress with a killer pair of heels. I just want to make sure that is okay? So what have you worn to V&A? If anyone can post a pic of what you wore even better!!!

I think it'd be pretty hard to be too overdressed here!

This is what I wore:

297365_10100186961140175_400399_47720786_904637351_n.jpg

Ladies, We are planning to eat at V&A next month, and I am looking for a dress. I want to make sure I am not overdressed. I was looking for a cocktail dress with a killer pair of heels. I just want to make sure that is okay? So what have you worn to V&A? If anyone can post a pic of what you wore even better!!!

Gosh, love V&As - that place is D-vine! :cloud9:

A cocktail dress with killer heels will be great! I wore a long black dress, shawl, clutch, and some killer leopard print stilettos - not once did I feel overly dressed at-all. :thumbsup2 There were ladies in simple business skirt/pant/sweater attire to some very dressed up ...as in a corseted top/long petticoated skirt/extra tall feathers sticking straight up in the air on her head.

We went to V&A last october. I can understand when anyone wants to avoid certain food, meats, vegetables, etc. I, personally, don't like duck. My husband doesn't care for seafood, my daughter doesn't like mushrooms.
However, when we all went to V&A's (there were 7 of us----and I've NEVER seen a bill that hight before) we all decided to "go with the flow". The chefs know what goes best with what and we were paying alot for the whole experience.
Having said that, you do get choices. I didn't order the duck, buy my husband did. We had 7 of us so we all tried to try different things, and then we did the unthinkable-----we shared! It was wonderful!! I might not ever order duck again....but V&A's knows the best way to prepare everything!
I know it's a risk......but isn't that what you want.....a new experience? Go for it! at least once.

Gosh, love V&As - that place is D-vine! :cloud9:

A cocktail dress with killer heels will be great! I wore a long black dress, shawl, clutch, and some killer leopard print stilettos - not once did I feel overly dressed at-all. :thumbsup2 There were ladies in simple business skirt/pant/sweater attire to some very dressed up ...as in a corseted top/long petticoated skirt/extra tall feathers sticking straight up in the air on her head.

Thanks. I will not be wearing feathers to V&A. ;)

Thought you might enjoy some photos from a recent (Oct 2011) visit to the Chef's table. Highly, highly recommend it, if you ever have the chance! :goodvibes I am NOT what I would ever term an adventurous eater and this was simply spectacular. Opened my eyes to so many things I was shying away from thinking I wouldn't like.

And the staff is just out of this world. Can't wait to go back!

155-1.jpg

Amuse-Bouche
Soft-poached quail egg with gaililee caviar
Ahi tuna with pickled ginger
Maine lobster charmoula
Butternut Squash soup​

156-Copy.jpg

Heirloom tomatoes, iberico ham-wrapped gulf shrimp, and burrata cheese with yellow tomato gazpacho

**Sorry! I guess I missed a picture of this!**

Cold "smoked" niman ranch lamb with fuji apple and curry dressing

160-1.jpg

161-1.jpg

Sake-soy marinated alaskan king salmon with bok choy and soy beans

**another missed photo but comes with the highest praise -- we were truly focused on the experience and not the photos. It was amazing. I would ordinarily tell you that I don't like salmon and yet I LOVED this!**

Roasted Quail with asian pears and serrano ham jus

164-1.jpg

Veal Sweetbreads and shank with chanterelle mushroom ragout

166-1.jpg

Australian Kobe-style bef with garlic-potato puree

170-1.jpg

Southern belle chevre, gouda goat, colston bassett stilton and 24-month parmigiano-reggiano

180-1.jpg

Orange panna cotta with chartreuse-pineapple sorbet

186-1.jpg

Mocha-scented tanzanite chocolate mousse timbale and chocolate cocktail

187-1.jpg

If you have the chance to dine at the Chef's table... DO IT!!! :)

Wow, that truly looks amazing. Someday I will move up to the Chef's Table...need to find a dining companion to share it with first! I don't mind dining solo in the dining room but feel funny about the Chef's Table.

Jill in CO

As far as mens ware-Can my DFH wear his Navy dress blues? Bringing with him anyways since we are getting married on this trip. I would hate to have to go buy him a sports coat when he has the military equivalent of a tux.

As far as mens ware-Can my DFH wear his Navy dress blues? Bringing with him anyways since we are getting married on this trip. I would hate to have to go buy him a sports coat when he has the military equivalent of a tux.

I would say that his dress blues would be extremely appropriate and would be very much welcomed at V&A. And congrats to you and your fiance!!!

Hi
I really want to make reservations here on my next trip. I don't eat any meat and very little seafood. Has anyone had every course from the vegetarian menu and how was it? Thanks!!

BIG :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for the Dress Blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter