The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the wait staff seem okay with taking pictures of the room and the food, or is that too uncouth for such a fine establishment?

I asked if I could take photos, and my servers encouraged me to do it. They also volunteered to take several pictures of me inside the restaurant.

I asked if I could take photos, and my servers encouraged me to do it. They also volunteered to take several pictures of me inside the restaurant.

Ditto

I'm not sure if they moved the harpist since 2010, but we could hear it beautifully in QV room.

Can Disney gift cards be used to pay or at least a DVC room charge? So happy to read a wine paring can be shared. I cannot handle much alcohol.

Can;t help with the gift card, but the MB room charge is perfectly acceptable at V&A--it's how we paid earlier this month.

And keep in mind that the Wine Pairings don't seem to be as generous as they used to be. Mrs U estimates maybe a 2 OZ pour when we ate there a few weeks ago.

And if you use MB's, you can always pay all your charges off with the gift cards at your resort. Just be sure to do it before the night before you check out & before you reach your resort charging limit.
Have a great dinner!

We have a reservation in August, we dined there once before in May 2011! Are the vegetarian options on a seperate menu? Our menus didn't list any, we're dedicated carnivores but I'd be interested to see what the options were and couldn't remember if they were offered from the last time we went.

What do I want to do if I want the Chef's Table? I can't book online at my 180 day mark, right? Is it best to call wdwdine or is there a direct number to V&A? Any tips to be had, or just dial at 7am and hope to be first?

E: I see posts about calling DINE at 7am and others calling V&A direct at 9am. Can the dine agents book V&A?

180 days out at 6am get online and start requesting chefs table. Remember 180days out plus 10 days. So closer to the end of your trip you will be more likely to snag the chefs table. If you have problems online start calling on the phone at 7 am. I haven't heard anything about calling the restaurant directly at 9am. Good luck

I was never able to get on-line booking for the chef's table to work for me. I ended up calling V & A's directly at 9AM at my 180 day mark and was able to secure a reservation. Good luck!

What do I want to do if I want the Chef's Table? I can't book online at my 180 day mark, right? Is it best to call wdwdine or is there a direct number to V&A? Any tips to be had, or just dial at 7am and hope to be first?

E: I see posts about calling DINE at 7am and others calling V&A direct at 9am. Can the dine agents book V&A?

Chef's Table is nearly impossible to get. It just gets booked so quickly. It is available to book online because I have done it. The best tips if you have tried to book online and it is unavailable is to call V&A directly to get put on the waiting list for the night/s you will be at WDW. I try to book it online or at least look to see if it is available every single day at 6am. We build our trips around V&A, I have only been fortunate enough to snag Chef's Table one time all of the times I have tried. We are going to be dining at CT in September of this year.

My husband has spoken to the V&A staff on a few occasions and they say every time that the CT is booked by the time they make it in every day. So your best bet may be to try online. If it is already past your 180+ mark then the waiting list may be your only option.

If you are unable to get the CT, I would highly recommend going to the Queen Victoria Room! We have dined in the QVR 3 times and each time was fantastic! We are going to be in there again on the 16th of this month for our Anniversary. If both the CT and QVR are not available I would still go to the Main Dining Room, we will be there on the 13th, 3 days from now. Both rooms are a totally different experience. Yes, QVR, is more exclusive...sort of, but everything in the Main Dining Room is still a spectacular way to spend an evening! Good luck on getting the reservation that you choose! :goodvibes

As Ashley said above, I would try booking on-line as soon as it opens on your 180 day mark.
However, I was never able to book it on-line. I was sure I was out of luck, but on an off chance, I waited till a few minutes before 9AM & started calling V & A directly at 407-939-3862. I got thru and was able to get the ADR. I never thought I stood a chance because we only had a short 3 day trip and I was sure others had taken all the spots already (because of the 180 + 10 rule).
I would strongly encourage you to try, even if it's a long shot. We got incredibly lucky, and I hope you do too!
I would have taken the main dining room if the chef's table wasn't available, but I'm so glad we didn't have to. I would also have put my name on the waiting list for the CT.
May the Pixie Dust Fairies smile upon you!

Thank you for all the responses. I'll certainly try online ASAP on my 180 day mark. Of course, my arrival date is my anniversary so I want to try for then, and I hope I'm not screwed up by trying that date first and taking five seconds before trying my second choice...

So the regular wdw dine number won't work, right? They can't do V&A? Only online or the direct line?

To those that have gotten the Chef's table (and I guess the comparable QVR): How late could you schedule dinner? I know with CT at least the online reservation just says 5pm or something, but you can set up a different time once you have it. Given that the meal lasts 3-4 hours, how late can you start? I want to try and snag one or the other and was hoping for a ~7pm start. Would this not work at all or result in rushed service?

Can't answer all your questions, but I do know that the only time available for the CT is 5:00.

AAshley - that video was awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I was told that V&A reservations open up online at midnight of your 180+ day mark, not the next morning like all the ADRs do. The first time I tried it last year it did not work but I was able to get the chef's table for my first choice night when I called the restaurant at 11am on my 180+ day. This year, I didn't wait up till midnight but I was up at 5:30 am est and was able to get the chef's table once again for my first choice - it was in fact available for several of the days I will be there in November. Ultimately, we have decided to swap it for the QVR experience since we just did the CT last December.

I was told that V&A reservations open up online at midnight of your 180+ day mark, not the next morning like all the ADRs do. The first time I tried it last year it did not work but I was able to get the chef's table for my first choice night when I called the restaurant at 11am on my 180+ day. This year, I didn't wait up till midnight but I was up at 5:30 am est and was able to get the chef's table once again for my first choice - it was in fact available for several of the days I will be there in November. Ultimately, we have decided to swap it for the QVR experience since we just did the CT last December.

Hmm I never heard that. I'll certainly be up at midnight anyways so I'll give it a shot.

Having had both, how would you compare CT to QVR? I understand that CT gets a bit more involved in the menu and you'll maybe have a bit of input on what is cooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter