- Colorado Buffalo with Fennel, Honeybell Oranges and Lavosh
Lasseter Syrah Rose, Sonoma 2008
- Galilee Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $90 1/2 oz $180 1 oz
- DeSietra Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $60 1/2 oz $120 1 oz
Ciroc Vodka

2nd Course
- Diver Scallop with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Popcorn-crusted Shrimp with Florida Corn and Chorizo Sauce (for DDad who can't eat scallops)
Michel Redde Sancerre "Les Tuilieres" Loire 2007
- Sake-Soy-marinated King Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Kanbara "Bride of the Fox" Gohyakumangoku Junmai Ginjo, Nigata
- Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon $30
Bisson Bianchetta, Golfo del Tigullio (DOC) Genova 2007
- Timbale of Ratatouille (made available by Chef Hunnel as requested by DDad)
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006

3rd Course
- Lobster Bisque with Vol au Vent and Vanilla Foam
Chimay Ale Peres Trappistes, Belgium
- Poulet Rouge with Mushroom-Truffle Ragout, Black Trumpet Mushrooms and English Peas
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2006
- Duck Breast, Duck Sausage and Confit with Salsify and Pomegranate Sauce
Acacia "Winery Lake Vineyard" Pinot Noir, Carneros 2006

4th Course
- Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Baby Beets and Sherry-Bacon Vinaigrette
Trinitas "Old Vine" Zinfandel, Contra Costa County 2005
- Niman Ranch Lamb with Fresh Cannellini Bean Cassoulet
Beni Di Batasiolo Sovrana Barbera d' Alba, Piedmont DOC 2006
- Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin, Shank and Sweetbread with Marble Potatoes and Sauce Soubise
Pirathon Shiraz, Barossa Valley 2005
- Australian "Kobe" Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic Potato Puree $35
- Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus
Benziger "Tribute" Sonoma Mountain 2006

5th Course
- 36-month Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, Coach Farm Goat, Thomasville Tomme, Thomas Hoe Stevenson Stilton, (Fiscalini Cheddar subbed for DDad and I due to allergy)
Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Potro 2003
- White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings and Micro Orchids
Paolo Saracco Moscato D'Asti, Piedmont 2007

6th Course
- Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne-Chambord Truffle and Macarated Pomegranate Seeds
- Meyer Lemon and Blood Orange Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet
- Caramelized Banana Gateau
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
- Grand Marnier Souffle
- Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

this menu is very simular to the menu we had in October.

I would say about half seemed the same or similar to my October experience. But I was glad that some of it was changed. They really need to change it up more often.

this menu is very simular to the menu we had in October.

I would say about half seemed the same or similar to my October experience. But I was glad that some of it was changed. They really need to change it up more often.

I agree that some menu items are similar to the September/October Menu, but the preparations were slightly different.

The poulet rouge was different from Sept, as was the duck. The pairings were altered and we did not feel the dishes were repetitive despite having them 6 months ago. We actually felt all the dishes we had were different than those in Sept, some in dramatic and others in subtle ways.

What does bother me a bit is the fact that if you want steak (which many people do) you can't get it unless you pay extra. That wasn't always the case, as Mrs U often got the filet at V&A.

Thanks, TinkerBelle_325, for posting the menu. We dined there last night and, as always, thoroughly enjoyed it. We particularly appreciated the Fess Parker wines that were integrated among our wine pairings.

All the best.

What does bother me a bit is the fact that if you want steak (which many people do) you can't get it unless you pay extra. That wasn't always the case, as Mrs U often got the filet at V&A.

This drives me nuts too, and might even impact our decision to go there. It is already SO expensive, but my husband LOVES beef. He will want it I am sure... but I don't want to pay for it!

That's just my point. It already is very $$$$ and then to make folks add even more $$$$$ just to get steak! I can see them offering the Kobe Steak as an "upgrade" to those that are interested, but just to have that or NO steak at all is a bit much, I think....

I don't know how it was before, but when we dined there in 2005 we had to pay extra for the Kobe as well. I also chose Foie Gras as one of my appetizer courses which was an additional cost as well. It's generally understood that these items are super premium and come at an additional cost. We were able to sample the Waygu during our Chef's Table meal as part of it, and it was AMAZING. It's very rare and expensive and that's why there's an even higher cost for that item. There are still very delicious entrees that are included in the price, they just don't happen to be beef.

I don't know how it was before, but when we dined there in 2005 we had to pay extra for the Kobe as well. I also chose Foie Gras as one of my appetizer courses which was an additional cost as well. It's generally understood that these items are super premium and come at an additional cost. We were able to sample the Waygu during our Chef's Table meal as part of it, and it was AMAZING. It's very rare and expensive and that's why there's an even higher cost for that item. There are still very delicious entrees that are included in the price, they just don't happen to be beef.

Right. I understand charging extra for premium kobe or waygu, my problem is that there are no beef options that don't come at a premium anymore. When I ate there in 2005 and 2006 we had a kobe option that required a supplement, but there was also a normal prime filet that wasn't an additional fee.

I like beef, and it used to be an affordable(ish) option. Now, that we are looking at going back this summer the price has increased from 95$ in 2005 to 125$ (and I see reports on this board that it could be as high as 145$) for dinner. The wine pairing was 50$ in 2005 and now it is 60$. These are price increases well above the rate of inflation.

Now, I don't mind paying a premium for an entertaining and delicious dining experience. I am just a little annoyed that they are charging me A LOT more, and have taken away the option of an included beef entree.

I don't really mind no beef. Beef is pretty ubiquitous. I like the Niman Ranch lamb/Kurobuta pork choice (the pork belly with sherry bacon vinaigrette is amazing) with the optional upcharge for Kobe/Wagyu.

The posting of the recent menu by TinkerBelle_325 reminds us that we may skip V&A when we return in a few months. The repetitive menu selections need to be replaced. But where do we go for that special dinner and first-rate service?

The posting of the recent menu by TinkerBelle_325 reminds us that we may skip V&A when we return in a few months. The repetitive menu selections need to be replaced. But where do we go for that special dinner and first-rate service?

Offsite. Maybe Norman's at the Ritz Carlton?

Uncle R is absolutely right. It's silly that for $125 one can't get a steak. The wagyu beef is amazing and we enjoy it when we dine at the Chef's Table. But, sometimes we eat in the dining room and would like beef without paying a huge supplement for an astounding grade of beef that, frankly, we don't need every time we dine there. A serving of American prime dry aged beef would be a most welcome menu choice!

It's especially silly since that not too terribly long ago, you COULD get the steak.
And again, a LOT of people LIKE beef!! It's a bit much forcing them to pay $35or $80 EXTRA just to get steak.
IF you wanted BETTER steak, then that's fine if you want to pay $80 over and above the $125 you already paid.

Offsite. Maybe Norman's at the Ritz Carlton?

Thanks for the suggestion, but we prefer to remain onsite.
Now then, in no special order, what three WDW restuarants would you suggest as alternatives to V&A? (We have probably dined there already, but we would enjoy seeing your recommendations)

Thanks in advance.

All the best.

Yep, Uncle R. I, too, remember when beef was an entree option -- regular prime U.S. beef. In fact, it may be the only top-notch restaurant of its type in America that does not have a beef option, except with a tremendous supplement! I haven't done a formal survey, but wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Most restaurants wouldn't dare to not have a beef entree, as that is probably the most popular choice for most people -- and possibly the only choice when one is dining on an expense account! I mean, really, who picks chicken if you're eating on the company's nickel!!

As for other on-site suggestions that could substitute for V&A, I'm at a loss. The ambience, of course, can't be duplicated anywhere else on site, or perhaps in all of Central Florida, although we hear very good things about The Venetian and dh and I may try it next time we're in town.

As far as on-site, you're going to run into noisy kids everywhere -- even pretty late in the evening -- which does nothing for the ambience and romance of a restaurant. Except for one or two places, Jiko is one, that somehow seem to have retained a semblance of quality and ambience in the face of the overwhelming drive of the DDP to cut costs, portions and pleasantries, we're now pretty much committed to dining only in those restaurants that do not accept DDP. The ones that do are simply too crowded, too rushed and have fallen too far down the quality ladder to bother with.

So, that leaves a few non-Disney on-site restaurants such as Il Mulino (excellent, but noisy and not at all romantic) and Shula's -- not too bad on the romance factor if you ask for their quiet back room and if the place isn't packed with conventioneers. We haven't tried Blue Zoo, but it's on our list to try.

Some might suggest Bistro de Paris as the closest on-site substitute for V&A. But, the night we were there, there were a number of noisy families. We were there late and they wouldn't seat us at a 4-top, even though the 4-tops remained empty for the remainder of the evening. Moreover, while pricey, it was simply not in the same league as V&A. End of story. My lamb was seriously overcooked -- not a mistake that Scott, Amy and company would make!

Plus, V&A offers what may be one of the most exceptional wine pairing experiences in the nation. Don't just rely on my opinion, the wine writers for the Wall Street Journal have declared the same thing. For $70, V&A brings out an amazing and particularly creative and well-chosen set of wines and pours them generously (although someone on this thread mentioned they were recently serving Fess Parker wines in tribute to old Fess -- which would seriously have displeased dh!). Barring that, the wine pairings are usually quite remarkable. And, since it is now hard to get a decent glass of wine for under $15 or so, the $70 still seems like a bargain to us!

So, despite the lack of a beef choice without a supplement, V&A still stands alone!

As for other on-site suggestions that could substitute for V&A, I'm at a loss. The ambience, of course, can't be duplicated anywhere else on site, or perhaps in all of Central Florida, although we hear very good things about The Venetian and dh and I may try it next time we're in town.

As far as on-site, you're going to run into noisy kids everywhere -- even pretty late in the evening -- which does nothing for the ambience and romance of a restaurant. Except for one or two places, Jiko is one, that somehow seem to have retained a semblance of quality and ambience in the face of the overwhelming drive of the DDP to cut costs, portions and pleasantries, we're now pretty much committed to dining only in those restaurants that do not accept DDP. The ones that do are simply too crowded, too rushed and have fallen too far down the quality ladder to bother with.

So, that leaves a few non-Disney on-site restaurants such as Il Mulino (excellent, but noisy and not at all romantic) and Shula's -- not too bad on the romance factor if you ask for their quiet back room and if the place isn't packed with conventioneers. We haven't tried Blue Zoo, but it's on our list to try.

Some might suggest Bistro de Paris as the closest on-site substitute for V&A. But, the night we were there, there were a number of noisy families. We were there late and they wouldn't seat us at a 4-top, even though the 4-tops remained empty for the remainder of the evening. Moreover, while pricey, it was simply not in the same league as V&A. End of story. My lamb was seriously overcooked -- not a mistake that Scott, Amy and company would make!

Plus, V&A offers what may be one of the most exceptional wine pairing experiences in the nation. Don't just rely on my opinion, the wine writers for the Wall Street Journal have declared the same thing. For $70, V&A brings out an amazing and particularly creative and well-chosen set of wines and pours them generously (although someone on this thread mentioned they were recently serving Fess Parker wines in tribute to old Fess -- which would seriously have displeased dh!). Barring that, the wine pairings are usually quite remarkable. And, since it is now hard to get a decent glass of wine for under $15 or so, the $70 still seems like a bargain to us!

So, despite the lack of a beef choice without a supplement, V&A still stands alone!

Thank you for your suggestions to other on-site restaurant choices. Indeed, we agree that are no real alternatives to V&A. But V&A must change that menu before we go back (we were there in June, Dec. and this month).

Jiko is one of our favorites and we assumed that you might make that suggestion.

I made an advance personal request to V&A to have Fess Parker wines integrated among our wine pairings. Fess was a friend of mine since 1987 and wrote the Foreword to one of my most recent books, last year's Music of the Alamo: From 19th Century Ballads to Big-Screen Soundtracks. It was all together fitting and proper that we should do that. The Fess Parker Riesling and Viognier worked well with our selections.

All the best.

Jiko towards the later times is very nice. In fact, I'm on my 3rd late night visit on my trip in 4 days. Each time I have enjoyed it. V&A? No - but of the Signature Restuarants, it seems to be the most 'adult'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter