The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Hello All. Sorry for the long post. I am brand new to the forums but not brand new to DW. I went almost every year as a child with my parents, then I didn't go again until '96. I went twice that year, once with the HS band I was student teaching (who actually got to march in the MK), and again a few months later with my family when I graduated college. A Disney trip was what I asked for a graduation present! Now it is time for my kids' (9 and 4) first trip and we will be arriving two weeks from today. My wife and I are so excited to see their faces when they see Disney for the first time. We actually took my son to Downtown Disney when he was 4, but we couldn't afford to get tickets to go to the park then. We told him that was Disney and he thought he had been there. Now we have 5 days in the parks and we can't wait to show him the real thing. He is autistic so we have been reading up on the changes to disability passes too, and trying to understand how all that works with FP+, etc. Having not been there in 18 years, I have been reading up on all the changes, but perhaps the biggest change is that I have grown up and out quite a bit since last time. I was big then, but I have become bigger, and am now 6'4" and about 365lbs. I have been waiting for so long to take my kids, but I am worried about the same thing that everyone else worries about - fitting on the rides. Most of my weight is in my stomach and thighs, and it will kill me if I am unable to get on rides with them. Our plan is to have my wife ride with one, and me with the other to try and average out the pairs on the rides. I have read a bunch about the seatbelt strategies, and that makes perfect sense to me. Sorry to ramble, but I am so worried about making this trip awesome for my kids and not limiting them because of my problems. Luckily they are both skinny kids, and I pray that being overweight is something they never learn from their daddy. If anyone is near my size or has a spouse my size, I would appreciate any info about rides. I am fairly strong so lifting myself out of seats shouldn't be too much of a problem, and I am fairly flexible for my size, but I am still spending some time worrying about being "that guy." Thanks so much to all of you who are supporting others through this thread. Best thread ever!

We just got back from a trip to DW. I am very close to your size 6'4 and 350. Being a woman I carry a bit of my weight up top ; ) but have a big round belly also lol I stress a lot about fitting on things. I can tell you that I fit on every ride (mine train wasn't open) with my DD or DS. DD is 5 but height/weight of a 8 year old. The things that were the closest to being tight were the seat belts: on things like dumbo, magic carpets, tomorrow land speedway. They have to cover both of you. My DD love Big Thunder Mnt and that was stressful for me bc the lap bar stopped at my belly. I held onto her for dear life! But overall I think you should be fine! Disney is very pooh sized friendly!! Go and enjoy seeing Disney through your child's eyes!

THANKS for that update and I'm glad you were able to enjoy everything!!! Now I won't fear so much. The scale has been going up, not down. :( On the bright side, I've really gotten my eating disorder under control, but the down side of that is now that I'm not starving myself, the scale is going up. :(

We just got back from a trip to DW. I am very close to your size 6'4 and 350. Being a woman I carry a bit of my weight up top ; ) but have a big round belly also lol I stress a lot about fitting on things. I can tell you that I fit on every ride (mine train wasn't open) with my DD or DS. DD is 5 but height/weight of a 8 year old. The things that were the closest to being tight were the seat belts: on things like dumbo, magic carpets, tomorrow land speedway. They have to cover both of you. My DD love Big Thunder Mnt and that was stressful for me bc the lap bar stopped at my belly. I held onto her for dear life! But overall I think you should be fine! Disney is very pooh sized friendly!! Go and enjoy seeing Disney through your child's eyes!

So glad to hear this!! I have been trying to crash diet (in a healthy way) to drop 10 to 15 pounds before we leave in 30 days!!! Now I can be calm and do this with out so much stress!

So glad to hear this!! I have been trying to crash diet (in a healthy way) to drop 10 to 15 pounds before we leave in 30 days!!! Now I can be calm and do this with out so much stress!

I feel your pain, but please don't "crash diet", it hurts your body far more for the long term than your short term "gain". :flower3: Said from decades of experience and a year in eating disorder recovery.

Thanks very much for the pointers. I will be sure to check out the other websites for pics and descriptions. I love Disney, and sharing the memories with my kids is going to be awesome. I know I will tear up when they get off the boat and see the MK for the first time. I got them books about DW and made pretend tickets for them for Christmas and they already know so much about the rides. Two weeks: can't wait!

Thanks so much for the support.

Any fellow pooh sized folks try out the new 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom?

A friend and co-worker of mine(who shares my Disney Addiction) just got back earlier this week. She was turned away for not fitting. She was heart broken and claims she will never go back to WDW. I hope they make some modifications so more people are able to ride.

A friend and co-worker of mine(who shares my Disney Addiction) just got back earlier this week. She was turned away for not fitting. She was heart broken and claims she will never go back to WDW. I hope they make some modifications so more people are able to ride.

Wow, I've never heard of this happening at WDW.

I'm sorry this happened. I'd be very interested to hear what ride it was for as I've not heard of it. I'm a big girl and I know people more Pooh sized than me have done fine. In Disney's defense, It is the most friendly place on Earth for Pooh sized people, bar none. They have gone above and beyond to make it as family inclusive as possible. Sometimes, it's just not possible. You simply can't be prepared for every scenario, try as they might. It's the only place I feel welcome.

Any fellow pooh sized folks try out the new 7 Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom?

We are just returning from our trip and we got to ride mine train. I am a 22 pants/2X shirt and my weight is pretty evenly distributed. It was a tight squeeze mostly because of the lap bar. It squeezes your knees together something terrible. My DH is also pooh sized with a large belly and his only complaint was also the lap bar squeezing his legs together. I rode with another adult who was average sized and I didn't feel I was spilling over into her space at all. The ride was really cute and a ton of fun, not so uncomfortable that I never want to do it again, but when it went down for most of the day yesterday, we used our anytime FP+ on BTMRR instead without much regret. Hope this helps!

Question for solo, pooh-sized, Disneyland and DCA travelers: Does anybody use the single rider lines for attractions like Radiator Springs Racers? If you would probably have to squeeze into a single seat (and maybe a bit of the seat next to you) would they have you share a row with another single? I'm trying to minimize line waiting while being courteous to my fellow guests.

Question for solo, pooh-sized, Disneyland and DCA travelers: Does anybody use the single rider lines for attractions like Radiator Springs Racers? If you would probably have to squeeze into a single seat (and maybe a bit of the seat next to you) would they have you share a row with another single? I'm trying to minimize line waiting while being courteous to my fellow guests.

Single rider lines will, more than likely, force you to sit with someone else. If you want to sit alone, you have a better chance of that happening by going through the normal stand-by line and asking to be seated alone.

Single rider lines will, more than likely, force you to sit with someone else. If you want to sit alone, you have a better chance of that happening by going through the normal stand-by line and asking to be seated alone.

what I meant was, if a ride vehicle has 2 rows with 3 seats per row, would someone in a single rider line be added to a row already containing 1 person, or would there only be spots available with 2 people already in the row? I have no issues with sharing a row. I just don't want to crowd anybody.

what I meant was, if a ride vehicle has 2 rows with 3 seats per row, would someone in a single rider line be added to a row already containing 1 person, or would there only be spots available with 2 people already in the row? I have no issues with sharing a row. I just don't want to crowd anybody.

:confused3 I have not done the single rider line, but it seems to me they would use the line to fill in empty seats. There is always 2 people available in the main line to fill the row, it is the one seat left over they want to put someone into.

I'm new to WDW, so i've never been on any of the rides, Is there a list of rides that wouldn't be good for the pooh sized? Or a list that's "Pooh-sized approved"?

The only rides i plan of riding are the slow ones like Dumbo, the Pooh hunny pot, Soarin, buzzlightyear, it's a small word, pirates of the Caribbean. So i wonder what the seating space on those rides are like. :scared:

I'm new to WDW, so i've never been on any of the rides, Is there a list of rides that wouldn't be good for the pooh sized? Or a list that's "Pooh-sized approved"?

The only rides i plan of riding are the slow ones like Dumbo, the Pooh hunny pot, Soarin, buzzlightyear, it's a small word, pirates of the Caribbean. So i wonder what the seating space on those rides are like. :scared:

I have lost weight, but during my last visit to WDW I was probably 350 (and I'm 5'5") and had no problem with any of those rides. I was a little worried about the seat belt on Soarin', but it was fine.

The only issue I had in all of WDW was on Dinosaur. My knees kept ramming into the front of the car (because of the thick padding I was sitting on.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter