The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I don't think any jury would convict you if you hit him with your bag after he says that.

We know all the judges in town so they would all have to recuse themselves so he is really screwed! :cool1:

But, tonight he is getting punished. Both girls have a friend sleeping over. He's an only child so he has no clue how loud 4 girls can be.

I was wondering what is your experience with finding plus size clothing in the parks/resorts/DCL? What's the largest size you've seen and where would be your best bet for finding the plus sized items? I'm a size 22/24 so I'm guessing a 3X would be good for me because it would leave a little room. :confused3 Thanks so much for your input!

If you want Disney related clothing before your trip I recommend shopping online at the disney clothing esp. shirts . THey often have free shipping and they ship very quickly.

Make sure you try them on before you go home as I have mixed luck with their sizing...they usually run small.

If you want Disney related clothing before your trip I recommend shopping online at the disney clothing esp. shirts . THey often have free shipping and they ship very quickly.

We found very little plus size clothing at the actual parks/resorts. There was some but very limited. However, we found a wider selection at the Outlets (PrimeOutlet over by Universal). Probably there was more since the older stuff from ALL the shops ends up there, and at parks/resorts you only have what little they carry at any given time. They had the upper plus sizes like 3,4,and maybe 5.

At the resorts we really only found up to a 2X and at the time I and my mom could wear men's 2X pretty comfortable, but prefered women's 3X of which we found little to none.

I like to embroider shirts for us before the trip!! Its always fun to have people ask you where you purchased them!!!

DSCF1025.jpg

100_2180.jpg

I had success with nutrisystem but gained it all back after stopping it.

Now I'm using my fitness pal, it's an app on android and a website. YOu type in what you eat and it tracks your calories. If you exercise you put that in, and it factors in your calorie intake for the day. Teh community board is super supportive.

At the end of the day you hit submit and it tells you if you follow that day's caloric intake/exercise for the next week how much weight you'd lose...very motivational.

I've been doing it for 2 weeks and have lost 7 pounds easily, no starving.

It sets your caloric intake goal for the day based on your current weight and how much you want to lose per week. No gimics, eat what you want, how you want, just aim to stay under or at your calorie goal for the day and you'll lose. Of course it also tracks fats, sodium, vitamins etc so you realize what you ate may not be too bad on calories but shot your sodium goal for the whole day out the door. Very helpful. :cool1:

I'm kinda new to DISboards and usually lurk more than reply but I just HAD to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this thread!:worship: I am pooh sized myself and so is my fiance and I was overjoyed when I found this thread. We plan to honeymoon in WDW next year and the tips in this thread are just awesome! It feels great to know I'm not alone in my Pooh-sized issues:yay::flower3:

Just got back from WDW and more than pooh size in some people's eyes and did not have a problem with any rides the turnstiles were another issue although not that bad.:thumbsup2

I am SO nervous about riding Harry Potter and the FJ at IOA. I know they limit who can ride it. I am 5'10" ans a size 22. Has anyone ridden it? My boys will be soooo bummed if I can't ride with them.

I just got back from Disney last week, and I need to say thank you to all the great information I got from this thread. Body Glide and Monistat anti-chafing gel is wonderful. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the parks without it. Thorlo socks are a must, they worked wonderful. My feet weren't as sore as they usually are. I rode all the rides I wanted to without any problems and I am very POOH sized. :thumbsup2

We are going to Typhoon Lagoon in June and I was fine about going and being pooh-sized but now I am getting cold feet. Are there very many pooh-size people there? Any rude comments? DH likes to wear a tshirt with his swim trunks and I have been telling him he would look better without it. I can sometimes not worry about it when I go to the beach but then other times I just can't put that swimsuit on! Any help?

We are going to Typhoon Lagoon in June and I was fine about going and being pooh-sized but now I am getting cold feet. Are there very many pooh-size people there? Any rude comments? DH likes to wear a tshirt with his swim trunks and I have been telling him he would look better without it. I can sometimes not worry about it when I go to the beach but then other times I just can't put that swimsuit on! Any help?

I had the same concern when DH and I went to TL in October 2010. Once we got there, I hesitated to take off my T-shirt, but I reminded myself that we would likely never see any of those people again and went for it! I walked around in just my swimsuit all day (my husband didn't wear his shirt either) and neither of us received any sort of rude comments. If it helps, there were many, many other pooh-sized people there.

:lovestruc:thumbsup2

DH& I are Pooh Size. I'm 5'10 & size 22. My DH is taller & bigger than me but not my a whole lot. He is more self conscious than me. I see others my size & larger at the WDW pools & water parks. I go to Holiday World in Sant Claus, IN where I even see people I know. My thought is if they don't like looking at be they can turn their heads. My husband does not go w/ me to Holiday World bc of being Pooh size. A coupe of years ago he got on a non water ride & didn't fit so he has been uncomfortable w/ Holiday World ever since. Do what YOU are comfortable with.

I am SO nervous about riding Harry Potter and the FJ at IOA. I know they limit who can ride it. I am 5'10" ans a size 22. Has anyone ridden it? My boys will be soooo bummed if I can't ride with them.

So... I have not ridden Harry Potter and the FJ myself but the podcast crew has covered it in several different podcasts and here is what I learned from them. Initially if you were pooh sized you could NOT ride. The max weight was 250 and even if you were lighter than that and happened to carry your weight in some specific areas you couldn't ride. Now, however, they have adjusted the ride and have seats that can fit "bigger" people. Apparently you tell the staff somewhere along the way that you need one of the bigger seats. I think, from what I've heard, at size 22 and 5'10" you should fit. Go for it - we only live once and if you're looking forward to it you should try.

Apparently you tell the staff somewhere along the way that you need one of the bigger seats. I think, from what I've heard, at size 22 and 5'10" you should fit. Go for it - we only live once and if you're looking forward to it you should try.

IIRC, the seats at either end of the row are the modified seats suitable for the Pooh sized folks. The two seats in the middle are the smaller seats. I'd suggest double checking this on the Universal board.

An earlier poster asked about plus sized clothing in the parks- I found a lot of plus sizes available at the Space Mountain merchandise area- I have no idea what the connection is, but I was thrilled to find it!
Now if the DTD stores would get on board and start selling some sizes of distinction!

Hello to all! I'm new here. Plannning our first trip to WDW for next summer. Hubby and I have asked my mom to come along. She's very close to our little boys. She's Pooh sized and has expressed several concerns about enjoying the park rides with us. She's a size 26/28 about 5'1" or 2" and carries her weight mostly in her hips, bottom and thighs. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice on easing her fears about going on this trip with us. Last time she went to a park like this was 6 Flags well over 10 years ago. She couldn't ride a rollercoaster with me and was absolutely crushed. Since then she's just afraid. I don't blame her, but I hate that she feels like this. Any tips on how to make her feel better and more confident I am all ears! Thanks in advance guys and gals!!!

I hope everyone is having a magical day! I recently saw my physician who told me that I have fallen arches, I had x-rays taken and there were no significant abnormalities. Can anyone relate to this, and if you have this same problem what shoes do you wear that are comfortable, and do you have any type of orthotics? I went to DisneyWorld last fall and my feet were so painful and I almost couldn't walk anymore, and I really don't want this to happen again. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter