The Everything and Nothing Thread

UGHHH.

I just got a huge post deleted because Safari quit unexpectedly on me. :headache::headache: Jane, I feel your pain!! I am about ready to tear my hair out.:scared1:

I am super sore and super tired and have to be up super early tomorrow so I'm sorry I can't contribute more right now... I just wanted to make sure I posted so I could say hi to everyone and send all you lovely ladies a great big hug.:grouphug::hug:

And an extra :hug: for Dax, I read your other thread and am so sorry. I lost a friend of almost fifteen years last year and it was harder than any breakup I've been through. Hang in there.:flower3:

Thanks everyone...

I have slept on it(not very well either) and I am not any better. Drug myself into work this morning, and I am just drained...but my co-workers won't let me brood...gotta love em..

So I am looking forward...DH and I have tonight and tomorrow together..:cutie: I honestly cant wait..

I hope eveyone has a good day..

Good morning Ev-No's! :goodvibes As I'm typing this, it looks like midnight outside my windows. :scared1: I think we are going to get one heck of a storm in a very few minutes. If the lightning and thunder start to crank up, I may have to go in my BR closet and hide. :laughing: I do not like bad weather!! I spent all of Hurricane Gustav in my closet. I put my Aerobed down on the floor with my battery-powered radio and never saw the storm swirling around us. In fact, I slept in there for several nights after, because it was the coolest place in the house when the power was out for over a week. :eek: OK, it's starting to rain now, but not bad enough to run me off just yet! I have something I have to do before I forget how!

OK, here goes.......I know it's not Wednesday anymore, but it has taken me this long to (hopefully) figure this picture posting thing. :sad2:

th_P1000139-Copy.jpg

th_P1000120-Copy5.jpg

I stayed up past midnight trying to figure this out. :laughing: Assuming it works and you can actually see a picture ;) these are pictures from my sisters trip last summer to Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Missouri. :love:

And boy is it storming outside! :scared:

Yeah Jane! You are closer than I am to solving the picture mystery. Sorry about the name mix-up! :) I'm new here! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Hi Ev/Nots, I have so many shopping errands to run today. Dreading it, I'm not a shopper. I think I've knocked 1 off my list tho. Former co-worker, had a baby. Only reason I knew was she is at the hospital I work at. So we aren't friends outside work, nor do we really keep contact. Was going to go buy a gift then run it to the hospital (1/2 hour drive). Thinking I might not go thru all that. Maybe get her address from someone else then send a card instead. I'm happy for her & like her, but thinking maybe not close enough to warrant all that effort? Maybe I'm a bad person if I don't ? Uggh, did I mention I hate shopping?

We had quite the rain this AM, about 5 oclock. Sunny now but still really humid. Weather men keep saying relief is coming, but so is Christmas! ;)
Hope we're not waiting til Christmas for relief. Around here you can't complain about the heat. There is always some wise guy to point out that in January, you'll be shoveling snow & wishing for the summer. :sad2:

Autumn, Saw that Toronto was warmer than Buffalo yesterday. Our weather said Toronto high was 90, temp was 75 at 11 PM. (Translated to American temps). Buffalo was only 85, guess we had the breeze from the lake to keep us cool. :)

Hope you all have a sunny day! Gotta go shopping.....:headache:

Hey Jo, I think I've got Marvin's evil twin brother Mervin over here. ;) It's not Mervin's fault that I don't know how to post pictures, but he keeps freezing up and stalling, making the whole thing that much more frustrating. :headache:

Last night when I was furiously trying to figure out the Photobucket code, I practiced by sending myself PM's. (so I didn't keep on posting blanks on the thread :laughing:) I finally got a pic to send, and it looked like the right size. But then today when I tried to post one on the thread, it came up little. :confused3

I'm sorry for boring everybody with this, but I'm just not giving up until I get it!

:faint:

Jo, I think it was the banana dudes that kept me trying. Please tell them I appreciate the support. :laughing:

Now who thinks I could do it again? No hands? :rotfl2:

(I don't either)

Morning all.

Jane, way to go, you are halfway there. You'll get the hang of it soon.

Autumn, don't worry, Jane will be able to teach you how to post those pics soon, lol.

Dax, I too read your other thread and am so sorry for you. And Dexter is a hottie!!!!

Dizno, I started wearing glasses in 4th grade. I wore contacts for years until I went into bifocals and then I couldn't adjust to the bifocal contacts and had to go to glasses.

Mom/2, we don't do the dining plan. We tried the deluxe twice and the regular once and it really doesn't fit us so now we just pay as we go. I also like that we can go to the restaurants which are not on the dining plan because those are our favorites anyway.

Diva, my oldest stepson and his wife honeymooned in Fiji and that is my dream island vacation. That's a far cry from Egypt, lol.

LuvSew, welcome.

focus, how did the shopping go? I enjoy shopping with girlfriends as an outing but I hate it by myself.

My day is already a disaster. The scan/email function is not working and everyone says that they can't function without it. The cleaning crew locked all of the office doors on my staff's offices last night but we don't have keys for the locks so my staff is just milling around in the new building with their cups of coffee waiting on a locksmith. Oh and production management is mad because I stole their coffee maker (we all used to share the same lunchroom at the old building).

Morning all.

Jane, way to go, you are halfway there. You'll get the hang of it soon.

Thanks, Pakey! I think I made what should be a simple procedure waayyyyy too complicated. If I wait till next Wednesday to try again, it'll probably be like starting all over. So I'm warning everyone that you may be seeing some random pics from me!

Autumn, don't worry, Jane will be able to teach you how to post those pics soon, lol.

Worry, autumn! :rotfl2: And if I try to help you, cover your ears and run! You will end up much worse off. ;)

Dax, I too read your other thread and am so sorry for you. And Dexter is a hottie!!!!

Dizno, I started wearing glasses in 4th grade. I wore contacts for years until I went into bifocals and then I couldn't adjust to the bifocal contacts and had to go to glasses.

Pakey, do you wear the progressive lens glasses? I just couldn't get used to those. I wear my contacts when I'm going out, but at home I mostly wear my glasses. And as I'm typing this, I have on my regular glasses with a pair of reading glasses on top of them. :laughing: Now that's an attractive look. Oh well, you do what you gotta do!

Mom/2, we don't do the dining plan. We tried the deluxe twice and the regular once and it really doesn't fit us so now we just pay as we go. I also like that we can go to the restaurants which are not on the dining plan because those are our favorites anyway.

Diva, my oldest stepson and his wife honeymooned in Fiji and that is my dream island vacation. That's a far cry from Egypt, lol.

LuvSew, welcome.

focus, how did the shopping go? I enjoy shopping with girlfriends as an outing but I hate it by myself.

My day is already a disaster. The scan/email function is not working and everyone says that they can't function without it. The cleaning crew locked all of the office doors on my staff's offices last night but we don't have keys for the locks so my staff is just milling around in the new building with their cups of coffee waiting on a locksmith. Oh and production management is mad because I stole their coffee maker (we all used to share the same lunchroom at the old building).

Pakey, you deal with more in one day than most people deal with in a week, or more! You seem to be able to take things in stride and keep your sense of humor about it. I love that about you! And I hope your day does improve soon! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone else has a nice day, too!

Hi Ev/Nots:)
Always late for everything … I have a lot to catch up on.

To Jane and all the others not so savvy computer peeps. I feel your pain!! I’ve gotten better – have to be. I get the hang (sort of) with PB. For me, it’s all the user name/passwords that drive me wild. I keep a list or I will go nuts trying to remember them in my head. At work I have 5 different systems so 5 diff. accounts/passwords, I have to remember my attys / paralegals (so when they forget). Don’t even get me started with websites, credit card accounts on line.

Okay for Picture Day -- (if Shelley’s TT pic counts, can I be a day late?)
Well I’m going to post anyway. Here’s my contribution:

My DD (Samantha) with friends, snuggling up to Robert Pattinson himself (well the closest we’ll get – Madame Tussauds in NYC) Samantha is on the right - arms folded)

NYC-26-1-1.jpg

And a little pixie dust to all for a great day!!

DisPixiedust.jpg

Diva, hope you are having a great weekend. I'm so jealous. I didn't have one last week and it looks like I won't this week either. Oh well, gives me a great excuse to not do anything around the house (oh honey, I'm working so many hours, I can't get this stuff done....never mentioning the dis or facebook time I put in at the office).

Janet, your daughter is so cute. Is her hair naturally curly? Mine used to be but when it grew back after chemo, it's pretty straight now. Unfortunately, the gray remained unchanged. :sad2:

Jane, I do have the pregressive lenses. My husband and I got them at the same time and I had no trouble adjusting and he had a terrible time. At least that's the excuse he used for his golf game (he had to get some non progressives to golf). So the last few years, it's been glasses only. I do have dual 23 inch monitors at work to see the computer screen or I'd have to do trifocals. :3dglasses

Happy Mermaday everyone!
Mermaday is a holiday my daughter Camryn made up with her friends while in high school, to celebrate all things mermaid. Since then she's celebrated it wherever she's been, at college and work, though it's a pretty easy sell in marine biology labs!

Ahhh, Janet, Samantha's adorable! That picture looks amazingly real!

focus, how sweet is your husband that he shaved off his moustache for the sake of your babies! :love:

Jane, way to go posting pictures! Such pretty shots from your sisters trip! I'd be clueless without my husband - he's a tech writer.

Jo, thanks for explaining geechie. My first thought was it was a take off on Gucci!

Pakey, Wow! Hang in there! You obviously deserve dibs on the coffemaker! What did your first pair of glasses look like?

Dax, enjoy the time with your husband, a good cure for what ails ya.

Autumn, hope you got some rest.

Shelly, I loved your video! You have a beautiful family! Loved the dancing!

Hi LA, Diva and luv2sew!

My cat Inky was mad because I wouldn't let him out after dark last night so he wouldn't be coyote chow. The little brat peed in the bedroom corner! He was then banished to the laundry room. He must've known he was in big trouble 'cause he never made a peep after that.

Enjoy your Mermaday!
Joan

Pakey & Dizno – thanks for your nice words about my DD. Yes, she has naturally curly hair (and me having absolutely pin straight hair … grrrr) Of course, she doesn’t like it!! Pakey – sorry you lost your curly hair due to chemo but sure hope it did what it’s supposed to do :goodvibes and …. I loved your pic of Paris Hairless Hilton

Progressive lens wearer here too … it was an adjustment for me. At first the sensation felt like I was a little buzzed all the time.:rotfl:

I’m 5’6” but used to be ½” taller. I fear I might be shrinking.

Mermaday ... Cute! It sounds like something my DD might come up with.

Welcome luv2sew !!

Happy Mermaday. I LOVE that.

Janet, I always hated my curly hair too so I feel your daughter's agony. My teenage years were during the late 60's, early 70's when pin straight hair parted down the middle was all the rage. I used to wear rollers the size of coffee cans to get it straighter. My father always asked me if I picked up radio signals from Mars because those rollers were so big (it was not funny).

Jane my first pair of glasses was in 1964 and they were gold cat eyes. Very stylish. :rotfl: If you are talking about first pair after contacts, they are dark brown Fendi's, not a cat eye in sight.

Happy Mermaday. I LOVE that.

Janet, I always hated my curly hair too so I feel your daughter's agony. My teenage years were during the late 60's, early 70's when pin straight hair parted down the middle was all the rage. I used to wear rollers the size of coffee cans to get it straighter. My father always asked me if I picked up radio signals from Mars because those rollers were so big (it was not funny).

Jane my first pair of glasses was in 1964 and they were gold cat eyes. Very stylish. :rotfl: If you are talking about first pair after contacts, they are dark brown Fendi's, not a cat eye in sight.

Pakey, that is so funny and brings back memories! I wore the huge rollers, too. My hair was straight, then when I was in about 8th grade, it decided to get wavy. :confused3 Not pretty and curly, but wavy. I sometimes wore big empty orange juice cans instead of rollers. My DSis remembers (I don't, but she says it happened ;)) me calling her one day and telling her that I had heard about this brand new invention called a blow dryer!! We would not have to sit under a hair dryer with the plastic bonnet drying our giant-rollered hair ever again! :rotfl2: My hair went back to being straight on its own. :confused3 I wish I had curls now!

Glasses have come a long way since our day, haven't they!

Happy Mermaday everyone!
Mermaday is a holiday my daughter Camryn made up with her friends while in high school, to celebrate all things mermaid. Since then she's celebrated it wherever she's been, at college and work, though it's a pretty easy sell in marine biology labs!

Ahhh, Janet, Samantha's adorable! That picture looks amazingly real!

focus, how sweet is your husband that he shaved off his moustache for the sake of your babies! :love:

Jane, way to go posting pictures! Such pretty shots from your sisters trip! I'd be clueless without my husband - he's a tech writer.

Jo, thanks for explaing geechie. My first thought was it was a take off on Gucci!

Pakey, Wow! Hang in there! You obviously deserve dibs on the coffemaker! What did your first pair of glasses look like?

Dax, enjoy the time with your husband, a good cure for what ails ya.

Autumn, hope you got some rest.

Shelly, I loved your video! You have a beautiful family! Loved the dancing!

Hi LA, Diva and luv2sew!

My cat Inky was mad because I wouldn't let him out after dark last night so he wouldn't be coyote chow. The little brat peed in the bedroom corner! He was then banished to the laundry room. He must've known he was in big trouble 'cause he never made a peep after that.

Enjoy your Mermaday!
Joan

Mermaday is so cute! I think I will celebrate by having seafood tonight! On second thought, maybe that's not such a good way to celebrate it. :guilty:

My DH is about as tech-savvy as me, so he's no help! I seriously think I will look into some type of leisure class on computers/cameras. I know they have them at LSU.

Uh oh, sorry to hear your kitty is in the doghouse. Cat pee is not pleasant. :sick:

Diva, hope you are having a great weekend. I'm so jealous. I didn't have one last week and it looks like I won't this week either. Oh well, gives me a great excuse to not do anything around the house (oh honey, I'm working so many hours, I can't get this stuff done....never mentioning the dis or facebook time I put in at the office).

Janet, your daughter is so cute. Is her hair naturally curly? Mine used to be but when it grew back after chemo, it's pretty straight now. Unfortunately, the gray remained unchanged. :sad2:

Jane, I do have the pregressive lenses. My husband and I got them at the same time and I had no trouble adjusting and he had a terrible time. At least that's the excuse he used for his golf game (he had to get some non progressives to golf). So the last few years, it's been glasses only. I do have dual 23 inch monitors at work to see the computer screen or I'd have to do trifocals. :3dglasses

I may not have given my progressive lens enough of a chance, but I hated trying to look through a small area depending on how far away I was. I do have bifocal contacts, which work pretty well. Not enough to read fine print ,like on medicines (that's when I need the reading glasses), but good enough for most things.

So are you having to work this weekend because of the move? You need some time off!! and not to do housework, but to rest!

Hi Ev/Nots:)
Always late for everything … I have a lot to catch up on.

To Jane and all the others not so savvy computer peeps. I feel your pain!! I’ve gotten better – have to be. I get the hang (sort of) with PB. For me, it’s all the user name/passwords that drive me wild. I keep a list or I will go nuts trying to remember them in my head. At work I have 5 different systems so 5 diff. accounts/passwords, I have to remember my attys / paralegals (so when they forget). Don’t even get me started with websites, credit card accounts on line.

Okay for Picture Day -- (if Shelley’s TT pic counts, can I be a day late?)
Well I’m going to post anyway. Here’s my contribution:

My DD (Samantha) with friends, snuggling up to Robert Pattinson himself (well the closest we’ll get – Madame Tussauds in NYC) Samantha is on the right - arms folded)

NYC-26-1-1.jpg

And a little pixie dust to all for a great day!!

DisPixiedust.jpg

Janet, your daughter is a cutie! :cutie: I sure thought Robert Pattinson was real until you said it was Madame Tussauds!

Hi everyone! Wow...there is always so much to catch up on!! I'm enjoying my Thursday/FRIDAY!!!

Hi d-diva! Yep, on here, it doesn't take long to get behind. So now, you're off today, you have no excuse to fall behind. :laughing:

Yeah Jane! You are closer than I am to solving the picture mystery. Sorry about the name mix-up! :) I'm new here! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Hi Ev/Nots, I have so many shopping errands to run today. Dreading it, I'm not a shopper. I think I've knocked 1 off my list tho. Former co-worker, had a baby. Only reason I knew was she is at the hospital I work at. So we aren't friends outside work, nor do we really keep contact. Was going to go buy a gift then run it to the hospital (1/2 hour drive). Thinking I might not go thru all that. Maybe get her address from someone else then send a card instead. I'm happy for her & like her, but thinking maybe not close enough to warrant all that effort? Maybe I'm a bad person if I don't ? Uggh, did I mention I hate shopping?

We had quite the rain this AM, about 5 oclock. Sunny now but still really humid. Weather men keep saying relief is coming, but so is Christmas! ;)
Hope we're not waiting til Christmas for relief. Around here you can't complain about the heat. There is always some wise guy to point out that in January, you'll be shoveling snow & wishing for the summer. :sad2:

Autumn, Saw that Toronto was warmer than Buffalo yesterday. Our weather said Toronto high was 90, temp was 75 at 11 PM. (Translated to American temps). Buffalo was only 85, guess we had the breeze from the lake to keep us cool. :)

Hope you all have a sunny day! Gotta go shopping.....:headache:

focus, I wouldn't have even corrected you on the mix-up, but I could just picture Jo at her computer, shouting, "Hey, I'm not the computer dummy! The picture-posting was my idea in the first place!" :rotfl2:

I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. If I have to find a gift for someone in a short time, and I don't have a clue what to buy, I hate it. Same goes if I have to buy something for myself to wear to something special. The more I think about it, I don't like to shop at all. :rotfl2: OK, maybe Christmas shopping for my immediate family when I know what they want.

We had a hard rain here today, too. The sky got really black around 10:00 this a.m. But we needed the rain badly, so it was a good thing! Except for the lightning, which I am really afraid of. :scared1:

Happy Mermaday to all, love that, it has a nice ring to it...

Janet--your daughters adorable and love that hair...I have stick straight hair, could never understand why the girls with curls wanted to straighten their hair....funny how that works.

Jane-- I am thinking of trying those bi focal contacts...never had to wear glasses until a few years ago for reading (I'm in my fifties...eeeeek) but it's gotten to the point that looking for my readers every time I want to see something is annoying.

Next picture day I am going to know how to post a picture...I always thought I couldn't post any till I reached that 1,000 post thingy..which was definitely not going to happen the way I was going. So this weekend I'm checking out photo bucket.

What is with the 1,000 post thing anyway?

I have since very early spring been watching a Great Horned Owl in my backyard...first it was one, hooting in the night....then while taking pics one day I noticed I had two different looking owls....then "bam" there was a baby and I have been watching and taking pics of them all spring and into the summer...but I thought they left my yard. Tonight the baby surprised me by sitting in my tree again. Never saw an owl in the wild till this year and then I get blessed by watching a baby one grow and learn. Wow.

Ok hope you all have a lovely Friday talk to you soon

Hi Everyone! :wave: The Ev-No thread sure is quiet tonight! I was the last poster at 5:47. Maybe you're all watching SYTYCD. I've got it on, too, but I just want to see the results and not all the extra stuff.

So......this is the last post you will see from Jane-in-PA. I have decided to change my screen name, and here is the reason. I have already mentioned that I am not from PA. Well, my name isn't Jane, either. :guilty: When I registered on the Dis, I basically picked my screen name out of the air. Of course I didn't want to use my real name, and I really didn't put any importance on my screen name. All I was planning to do on the Dis was ask and answer some questions that interested me. So I came up with Jane-in-PA one day while watching QVC. If any of you are QVC fans, one of the hosts is named Jane, and the show is in PA. So logically, I should be Jane-in-PA, right? :laughing:

Well, I never dreamed that I would still be posting on the Dis after 3 years, and I definitely never thought I would get to be cyber-friends with actual people! The few people I've talked with on a regular basis know my real name and where I'm from. At a certain point, I felt I had to tell them, because it just felt wrong not to. I always shied away from posting on any on-going threads or TR's because of my screen name. When Shelly and Jo started this thread and invited me to join, I really wanted to, but once again, I wasn't sure because of the screen name thing. I know other people have screen names that don't identify them, but not actual names that aren't theirs (if that makes sense). But now I'm a regular poster on the Ev-No thread, and I feel so guilty when you all call me Jane.

So starting after this post, my screen name is going to be T*Bird. My real name is Teri (honest ;)) but TBird is a nickname that my best friend has called me since college. Her ex started calling me that first, but now that he is out of the picture :laughing: she is the only one who calls me that. But we talk daily, so I hear it alot! Everything else I have told you before is real, where I'm from, my family, etc. It was either drop off the thread or fess up, because I am actually an honest person! :laughing: So anyway, I hope you will all continue to talk with me! :goodvibes Sorry this is so long. :guilty: The other thing you should know about me is that I like to talk. Alot. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter