The Everything and Nothing Thread

Oh Oh...Wed photo...I can do that!!

35361_1228962663495_1811943131_444823_1794319_n.jpg

Hogwarts!

awwwww, such wonderful pics!!!!

Okay first off, First Picture Wednesday's Prize goes to....... PAKEY! :lmao: That is the funniest, most adorably rotten dog I've ever had the honor of seeing! What a stinker!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: Her name suits her.... Ican tell!!!!!!

Dizno----- so so sooooooo cute--- your man holding a beer and and a bear.:lmao: That is adorable as well.

jane--- ah , Ms Tech-NO... I would walk you thru it but honest to goodness, swear to ya--- I have no idea how to explain it! I'm too dumb my own self when it comes to computers!!! Most of the time Marvin (My computer) and I don't get along too well.:rotfl2: we barely tolerate one another.
I don't own a rice cooker...... I'm one of those Geechie (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geechie) girls that makes the rice in the pot the old fashioned way. :rotfl2:
And no... I never did the TR........:rolleyes1 I lucked out in that room at the Poly- however, all of Fiji is GV----- and I'd stay there any time I return-- I loved it that much!!:love:

Autumn-- I forgot to tell you yesterday-- no-- I'm not up there with you-- I'm in Arkansas. I'm the one that told you that you don't need a green card down here.:rolleyes1

Luv2sew... SOunds like a fun trip you had-- I've taken pics with orbs in them before and sworn they were ghosts lurking about.:3dglasses
Welcome to the Everything and Nothing thread--- it really is about Everything and Nothing!:laughing:

What's with everyone tonight? Anyone gonna watch Big Brother??????:happytv:

DAX!!!!!:lmao:

I was looking at that picture trying like heck to figure out where the European Castle was in FL----!:rotfl2: I see now that it's Hogwarts!
Great pic!!!:lovestruc

DAX!!!!!:lmao:

I was looking at that picture trying like heck to figure out where the European Castle was in FL----!:rotfl2: I see now that it's Hogwarts!
Great pic!!!:lovestruc

You are doing better than me. I was trying to figure out why I'd never seen the Tower of Terror from that angle. :rolleyes1

Evening all!

Lara & Jo, I was reading about Wednesday picture day (great idea BTW) thinking, "well I guess I'll be the only one not posting a picture" when I sayw your posts. Glad I'm not the only computer challenged poster on the thread.

Pakey, I'd sulk too if I was a pink dog & I was dressed in a pink shirt. A little fashion savy, please. Think purple. That would look good! :ccat:

Diznot, Ok, I'm doing a double take on your picture. Except for the beer, I thought that was my DH! Baseball hat, moustache, white ankle socks with sneakers, camera bag over shoulder. :lmao: Actually, until a few years ago,he was wearing the mid-calf socks. :scared1: If you are 5'2, brown hair & glasses, you are the west coast version of us. :cool2:

luvs2sew Hi! Hope you'll stop by again soon. Your trip sounds great. I was only on a whale watch once. I could have watched them all day.

Great picture, dizno! :thumbsup2 Where was this taken?
Thanks Jane and Jo - I think they're both cute! This was in front of England at Epcot.

By the way, Jane/Jodi/Janet/Joan - there's sure a lot of us Js here!

Dax, Nice picture! I was thinking maybe that was your backyard!

Pakey, what a great name for your cutie! Look at the attitude on that face!

hello luv2sew! Congrats on the big anniversary next year!

Did anybody else watch "Who Do You Think You Are?" a few months ago. They traced the family trees of some celebrities, and I thought it was fascinating. They traced one of Sarah Jessica Parker's ancestors to Salem, where she'd been accused of being a witch, but never went to trial. All of it was a complete surprise to SJP.

Hope there's more pictures!

Joan

Here is one more....before I head to bed for the night...and go cry myself to sleep...

35061_1227440585444_1811943131_442321_1472552_n.jpg

This is Dexter....my newest "rescue" kitty...he is a booger.

Hey focus, I'm laughing about us being married to twins! You and I not so much- I'm 5'7", blind as a bat but wear contacts. I do have graying dark brown hair, though.

Joan

Dexter has an awesome looking face, I can see how he got adopted...just one look is all it took I bet.

I do not know how to post pics so I cannot contribute to the Wednesday Pics day.

Good night all

Hey focus, I'm laughing about us being married to twins! You and I not so much- I'm 5'7", blind as a bat but wear contacts. I do have graying dark brown hair, though.

Joan

Joan, I tried contacts once, but I kept squinting to see better, so I gave up. Just wear the glasses. I'd like to try lasik, but afraid I'd be the one in a million to have complications.

As for the hair, I have a great stylist who keeps me in a great brown/auburn shade. ;)

I am really cracking up about the DHs tho. I mean mine even wears the polo shirts, too. Too bad I don't know how to post pictures. I'll have to have my DD give me a lesson someday.

I am very jealous of your heeight. 5'2 is annoying. Not petite, not average, just short & annoying.

Dax, read your other thread. I'm sorry your friend is being such a jerk. :hug:

focus, on a rare occasion my husband will go really wild and wear a Hawaiian shirt and Keen sandals. I've never, ever seen him without a moustache, though. It's like his security blanket, or something. :confused3

I wore glasses in the 2nd grade (pink with sparkles) through 8th grade (dark brown nerd glasses). I've worn contacts ever since. I'm not willing to take a chance on lasik either, since contacts don't give me any problems. Don't want to trade minor issues for something worse. Now I need reading glasses, which is just not fair. I shouldn't have to wear contacts and glasses!

Diznot, My DH has only shaved his moustache twice in the 35 years I've known him: the 2 nights we brought our babies home. He didn't want to scratch the baby. :cloud9: I told him, the baby didn't know who he was without the 'stache, so he had to grow it back. :rotfl:

I have a few friends who wear 1 contact for near, 1 for far. Don't know how they do it, but it works for them

5 pages to catch up on?!! :scared1:

I can't remember what everybody said, so I have to go back and quote. . .

I was in a grumpy mood when I logged on but that Tonga Toast just brightened my mood. LOVE Tonga Toast!:lovestruc

Shelly: I watched the Bachelorette! I was kind of glad Ali ended up picking Roberto because I like Chris too much for him to have been stuck with her.:laughing: I'm not a huge Ali fan, if you can't tell! Oh, and we stayed at the BWI in February, the location is AWESOME.:thumbsup2

Glad the Tonga Toast brightened your day! :goodvibes

You are so right - Chris is way better off without Ali. Not a fan either.

We are looking so forward to the BWI!! :yay:

OMG!! :worship: Momof2, you made my day! That is my most favorite Disney food ever! Thank you thank you!!!:love::grouphug::hug:

Glad you enjoyed!! :) That was the first time I tried the Tonga Toast and I loved it! :lovestruc

Mom/2, you are going to love BWI. Although GF is my fave resort, I just love the Epcot location so we usually stay at one of the resorts there. I hope you have a great vacation.

I think we are going to love the BWI. We already love the area and the atmosphere there. Plus we love Epcot & DHS, so it will be so nice to be so close. :thumbsup2

Momof2: I had the Tonga Toast last year – it was scrumptious! Love O’hanas too. Can I call you Shelley too? I much prefer using our non-DIS names.

I am definitely getting Tonga Toast again in November! :cloud9: Yep - you can call me Shelly!

Once ... ahem..... once I was making this chocolate cake which had to be beat with a hand mixer. Well, I had my son who was an infant and I was trying to appease the 4 yr old about going potty, while giving the newborn a bottle while mixing this dumb cake. (You know moms have never heard of the word "multi-tasking"- it's just a word a man had to come up with when he was proud of himself for doing two things at once....:rolleyes1)

Anyway, as I'm mixing the cake, talking to the 4 yr old little precious about going potty and giving the newborn his bottle-- the doorbell rings. When it did, it startled me, I dropped the mixer onto my foot and it began mixing all of my toes together-- the baby got chocolate cake all over him and the bottle went up his nose-- 4 yr old Little Precious wet herself b/c she waited too long to go and my toes got wrapped around the mixer and laced with chocolate. Door bell is still ringing.
Chocolate cake is everywere- all over me, the walls, in my hair, all over the newborn screaming, Little precious is crying, I'm crying...... I almost crawled to the door- batter all over my face. open it up- it's the Life Insurance guy-- he asks if I want to buy Life Insurance and before I had time to yell at him he backed away and said "I'll come back, I can see this is a bad time for you."

Ya think????

:laughing:

OMG JO - I can always count on you for a good story!! :rotfl2:

Good morning sweet nothings. I look forward to talking to ya everyday. You are like some good mojo. I have decided that I am gonna plan for a week next year at DW with the kids and my parents. We have stayed at value and mods, but I am dying to try a deluxe. We went to the Whispering Canyon for dinner in March and fell in love with the resort. I had always thought I wanted to stay at the Contempory because of the monorail, but I really liked the WL better. Now my ultimate dream is to stay at the Poly and watch fireworks from the beach, but the kids LOVED WL. Do you guys do the dinning plan? Free dinning? See we have Annual Passes this year but now I can't even afford to go for a weekend. So I am thinking of an October trip. Does the WL have rooms to sleep 5? Who has stayed there and are there money saving tricks you can pass on? Before my kids outgrow Disney, I want one more incredible time, and my parents have never been!

Hey lara :wave: Congrats on a possible upcoming trip!

We used to get the DDP, but now that DS11 is considered an adult by Disney the DDP is no longer a good deal for us. I lucked out this year and had a 40% off pin, that's the only reason we are going deluxe! Make sure you are signed up for everything Disney online, I think it ups your chances of getting pin codes. :thumbsup2

...Tahti is the newest place on our dream vacation list! Thanks Bacholerette! :rotfl:

:laughing: I just said the same thing the other day!!

Because of that, I'm instituting something new on our thread---
Wednesday is Picture day! :goodvibes It will help get us thru the rest of the week.

So here is my pic for the day--- My view of the Poly from my room in Fiji this past May---
DSC06736.jpg

Everyone join me-- post a pic of anything you want! Wednesday is Picture day!!:goodvibes

Still love that picture JO! :cloud9: You were so lucky with your room view.

Great idea about picture Wednesdays!! :cool1: I may have to pass tonight though, I'm too tired to look for one. :faint: I guess my tonga toast pics from yesterday will have to do!

Love the idea of picture day, and Jo, yours is gorgeous!

Here's one of Gordon with a beer and a bear:
P4160036.jpg

Awesome! I know right where that is!

I know it involves something called "Photobucket" :rotfl2: I actually did create a Photobucket account a while back and was able to download a few pictures. But then when I tried to PM a pic (to Shelly), instead of the picture she got the link to click on. After that I gave up. Today I went back to Photobucket and tried again, but I didn't even get that far. :laughing: I keep telling myself that it can't be that hard, and surely I can figure it out, but :badpc:

OK, I'm going to go back and try some more. Seriously, I can do Sudokus in my sleep, why can't I do this? :laughing:

You can do it Jane!! Keep trying, I have faith in you! ::yes:: :rotfl:

Copy & paste the bottom link from your picture!

I hope it doesn't have to be Disney because I'm at work and I have no Disney photos uploaded to photobucket.

I'm going in a different direction:

ParisSofa50.jpg

This is one of my two dogs, Paris Hairless Hilton. If a dog this ugly doesn't make you laugh, nothing will. She is sulking because I put a shirt on her; she hates to wear clothes.

She hates to wear clothes. :rotfl2: But her little pink shirt matches her so well!

So I want to say Hi to everyone this is my first post here and usually I am a lurker on the Dis boards....just because.

I just got back from a few days in Salem, MA and can just about say that after visiting all the tourist attractions there feel just about like an "expert" on the subject of witch trials....also went on a whale watch tour that blessed us with an awesome encounter with a humpback and her calf that brought tears to my eyes seeing them....and we visited a great place called "Hammond Castle" which was built by an inventor that held over 600 patents, one of which gave him the nickname of "Father of the Remote Control" which has me wishing he was still alive and living there cause I have a few words for him. lol :) While walking through a cemetery there we caught a huge orb on a picture that I know is probably dust but I like to think it was something more fun.

My husband and I will be celebrating thirty years next year and love WDW but am sorry to say we do not have any plans to visit there soon.

Have a good night I am off to iron my work shirts and watch ghost hunters.

Welcome to the thread!! :goodvibes

Oh Oh...Wed photo...I can do that!!

35361_1228962663495_1811943131_444823_1794319_n.jpg

Hogwarts!

Very cool!

Here is one more....before I head to bed for the night...and go cry myself to sleep...

35061_1227440585444_1811943131_442321_1472552_n.jpg

This is Dexter....my newest "rescue" kitty...he is a booger.

Dexter is very cute! :)

I am very jealous of your heeight. 5'2 is annoying. Not petite, not average, just short & annoying.

Try being 5'0" - very annoying!!

%&*$@#%$

Failed again.

Not that I have any awesome pix to share LOL. I just have to conquer this Photobucket thing!

Go Jane Go!

Post Jane Post!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cheering you on...

look- the bananas are fraternizing with the cheerleaders....

:banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2:

Hi everyone! It's the late shift checking in. All 5'2", blind as a bat, contacts and reading glasses wearing, technologically-challenged me.

focus - Much as I hate to, I have to correct you on something. ;) It's not lara & Jo who are computer challenged. It's lara & me :guilty: And I see we have another one in our midst, luv2sew. :woohoo: I know what you mean about Lasik. And they can only correct either nearsightedness or presbyopia (I think that's the term). I know how to deal with my vision the way it is now, and I'm a little afraid to rock the boat.

Dizno - I feel your pain with the contacts/glasses juggling. :laughing: I started wearing glasses (white cat eye :laughing:) in 4th grade and contacts in 9th, I think.

Dax - Dexter is so cute! He looks Siamese, and they have so much personality.

Shelly - I think I am copying and pasting the link, but it just won't come up as the picture. :confused3 I need to sign up for one of those computer classes for seniors! Or else call my 7 year old nephew to come over and show me how to do it. :laughing:

Jo - Geechie??? Well I learned a new word tonight. I can't believe I've never heard of that word before!
I wish I had as much confidence in my abilities as you do. :laughing: I'm going to keep trying, but if I have a bunch of blank posts, that's why. ;)

Did anyone watch SYTYCD tonight? I think Adechike should pack his bags. The judges seemed to be preparing him.

Well, I'm off to Photobucketland. :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter