The Everything and Nothing Thread

Lara, I have never done it, but it is when you book thru a Disney Vacation club member. They book the stay using their points. Benefits the owner: they don't lose points they have paid for. Benefits you: cheaper than booking a villa thru Disney.

Like I said, I have never done this but they talk about it a lot on the resorts board. Also you might check the DVC thread. I think they might have info there on doing it.

Edit: I mean you book a Disney Vacation Club villa thru a member. So for you, a Villa at Wilderness Lodge. So yes, all benefits of staying onsite.

So you pay the DVC member for staying, not directly through Disney? I didn't know there were Villas, holy cow that sounds incredible.

So you pay the DVC member for staying, not directly through Disney? I didn't know there were Villas, holy cow that sounds incredible.

Yeah, you would pay the member, coz they pay Disney with the points. Don't know exactly how much you save, guess it depends on what the member charges. I think you should check out the resorts board or DVC board if you might be interested. That's about all I know on the subject, that you can do it. :rotfl: I'm sure you can get lots of good info on the other boards.

Also, the Dis has good info on the different resorts, including the vacation club villas. Or Deb Willis's site, too. With lots of pictures. Might make your decision harder, tho! ;)

Lara, forgot to add that usually, the discounts & promos Disney does include at least some of the Vacation club locations. So that might be an option if you don't want to go the renting points route.

Good Morning everyone! :goodvibes Another oppressingly hot day forecast here. :sad2: High 97, heat index 119. :eek: What can you do in this heat besides stay inside? When I think of all those poor football players practicing outside, I'm surprised there aren't kids dropping right and left.

Thanks for all the nice things you've all said re my workout. :) I'm just doing what I can to keep healthy and push back the hands of time. ;) Between osteopenia (which I have every risk factor for LOL) and past surgery for BC and reconstruction, I needed something more than my daily walk. My trainer is motivating but not a drill sergeant (I'd quit :laughing:) and we actually have a good time! If I can do it, I promise you, anyone can!

That tonga toast looks deee-licious! I'm a tonga virgin, in fact, I don't even know what goes in it. :guilty: It looks like bananas and powdered sugar, but what else?

I managed to slice my roast last night without cutting off any digits. But just as I called my son and his friend to fix their plates, I realized I had forgotten to turn the stupid rice cooker on! :eek: (misplaced anger ;)) And I was bringing plates to my neighbor who had surgery. I don't think that has ever happened before. :sad2: I'm going to blame it on being distracted with the Ev&No thread. :laughing: I see that I posted something about 5:45 yesterday, just about the time the rice should have been dinging. :guilty: Oh well, it came out pretty well, in spite of the delay!

Congrats to all of you counting down the days to your trips, as well as those of you looking ahead to next year. :thumbsup2 I'm not in either category Disney-wise, unless my DBIL and DSIL get off their behinds and decide to go. That's a long story, but DH and I were hoping to go when they took their kids to Disney for the first time. Family drama got in the way and now that trip has been shelved by them. :sad1: We are hoping to take an Alaskan cruise next year, though!

My day looks pretty uneventful. I think I am going over to my DSis's house to help her with some things. She broke her ankle a couple of months ago and is in the middle of some house remodeling, as well as about to go back to work teaching next week. So I know she could use some help. That's about it over here.

Tonight is SYTYCD :dance3: It's getting down to the wire!

Stay cool everyone!

Morning all.

I would also recommend looking into renting DVC points if you want to stay Deluxe. There are 7 DVC resorts at WDW. I own at both Beach Club and Saratoga.

It takes so many points per night to stay at one of these resorts and the points change depending on the seasons and the resort.

The studios only sleep 4. The only one bedrooms that sleep 5 are at AKV and BLT because they have sleeper chairs; the rest only sleep 4, unless one child is under 3.

There is a huge jump in points between a studio (like a hotel room with a mini fridge and microwave) and a one or two bedroom (has full kitchen and washer/dryer). We usually get multiple studios rather than the bedroom villas because like I said before, I don't cook. You can get 2 studios at VWL for the same price as a one bedroom villa. So you could sleep 4 in one studio and 4 in another. You can request they be close together but they would not be adjoining.

Points rent for about $10 each. A studio at VWL (sleeps 4) for a week in October would cost about $1100. A 2 bedroom (sleeps 8) would be about $2800.

There can be a lot involved in renting but the cost savings are enormous. If anyone wants more info, let me know. I have never rented my DVC points but I know how it works.

Happy Wednesday!

Sounds like some of you could be baking cakes outside today! We've had yet another cool, overcast morning (marine layer) burning off to a sunny afternoon in the low 80s. You can gloat over me this winter when I'm getting sick of the rain.

Pakey, sorry to say you probably have to cross Oregon off your list. Year round golf is the dealbreaker. The rainy season is November through at least April, give or take a late or early Spring. It's not that it rains solidly all that time, but it's predominately overcast. We don't have snowbirds here, but rainbirds who head to SoCal and Arizona. Are your kids all in CA?

Angelina, it's a good thing Shelly posted that picture of Tonga Toast since it's not my thing! I do love the pecan pancakes, though! We also love the Wilderness Lodge, and really enjoyed the Contemporary, too. Have fun deciding!

Hi to everybody else!
Joan

Hello Nothings!:goodvibes

Dang- everyone must be busy on this Wednesday-- not much gabbing going on!:lmao:

Because of that, I'm instituting something new on our thread---
Wednesday is Picture day! :goodvibes It will help get us thru the rest of the week.

So here is my pic for the day--- My view of the Poly from my room in Fiji this past May---
DSC06736.jpg

Everyone join me-- post a pic of anything you want! Wednesday is Picture day!!:goodvibes

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

PS--- Jane-- so glad you still have use of all of your digits... that is scary--- you taking a knife after the Rump roast.:scared1::laughing: Sorry you had a rice mishap!

Thanks everyone for the advice on the DVC. I will have to do more research on it. If you buy into it, do you make monthly payments?

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Love the idea of picture day, and Jo, yours is gorgeous!

Here's one of Gordon with a beer and a bear:
P4160036.jpg

lara, I don't know how to do it either. :sad2: People have tried to tell me how, but I just can't seem to get it. If you figure it out, please tell me!

Jane I am so glad I am not the only one who can't figure it out? I was gonna do a trip report back in March but I pooped out because I couldn't figure out how to post.

Jane I am so glad I am not the only one who can't figure it out? I was gonna do a trip report back in March but I pooped out because I couldn't figure out how to post.

I know it involves something called "Photobucket" :rotfl2: I actually did create a Photobucket account a while back and was able to download a few pictures. But then when I tried to PM a pic (to Shelly), instead of the picture she got the link to click on. After that I gave up. Today I went back to Photobucket and tried again, but I didn't even get that far. :laughing: I keep telling myself that it can't be that hard, and surely I can figure it out, but :badpc:

OK, I'm going to go back and try some more. Seriously, I can do Sudokus in my sleep, why can't I do this? :laughing:

I hope it doesn't have to be Disney because I'm at work and I have no Disney photos uploaded to photobucket.

I'm going in a different direction:

ParisSofa50.jpg

This is one of my two dogs, Paris Hairless Hilton. If a dog this ugly doesn't make you laugh, nothing will. She is sulking because I put a shirt on her; she hates to wear clothes.

I hope it doesn't have to be Disney because I'm at work and I have no Disney photos uploaded to photobucket.

ParisSofa50.jpg

This is one of my two dogs, Paris Hairless Hilton. If a dog this ugly doesn't make you laugh, nothing will. She is sulking because I put a shirt on her; she hates to wear clothes.

Aw is she pink????

ParisSofa50.jpg

PARIS HAIRLESS HILTON :lmao: That alone made me laugh! And that picture.....too, too funny.

Hello Nothings!:goodvibes

Dang- everyone must be busy on this Wednesday-- not much gabbing going on!:lmao:

Because of that, I'm instituting something new on our thread---
Wednesday is Picture day! :goodvibes It will help get us thru the rest of the week.

So here is my pic for the day--- My view of the Poly from my room in Fiji this past May---
DSC06736.jpg

Everyone join me-- post a pic of anything you want! Wednesday is Picture day!!:goodvibes

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

PS--- Jane-- so glad you still have use of all of your digits... that is scary--- you taking a knife after the Rump roast.:scared1::laughing: Sorry you had a rice mishap!

I love your idea Jo, but I'm afraid Miss TechNO isn't going to be able to participate. :sad2: I'm trying, but as of now it looks iffy.

What a beautiful view from the Poly! Did you luck out on that room or have a certain request? I don't recall ever seeing your TR start. ;)

Yep, I was being super-careful with that knife! And it couldn't be any easier to cook rice with the rice cooker. But it does require pushing the button down to work. ;)

OK, I thought I had it, but once again, just the link came up. I can't seem to post the picture itself.

So I want to say Hi to everyone this is my first post here and usually I am a lurker on the Dis boards....just because.

I just got back from a few days in Salem, MA and can just about say that after visiting all the tourist attractions there feel just about like an "expert" on the subject of witch trials....also went on a whale watch tour that blessed us with an awesome encounter with a humpback and her calf that brought tears to my eyes seeing them....and we visited a great place called "Hammond Castle" which was built by an inventor that held over 600 patents, one of which gave him the nickname of "Father of the Remote Control" which has me wishing he was still alive and living there cause I have a few words for him. lol :) While walking through a cemetery there we caught a huge orb on a picture that I know is probably dust but I like to think it was something more fun.

My husband and I will be celebrating thirty years next year and love WDW but am sorry to say we do not have any plans to visit there soon.

Have a good night I am off to iron my work shirts and watch ghost hunters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter